Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 10:47 AM   #16  
Happy Member

Default The Vision Happened !

I just had to post to let you know that last night I did go to the Christmas party in my new red (actually rust) dress and it was a size 14/16!!. My Christmas vision was to do just exactly that!! So I am happy, my husband is happy, the world is smiling on me today.

My goodness, this eating properly is sure a day-to-day struggle. Let's all stick with it and get through the Christmas festivities with a happy heart.
Old 12-15-2001, 01:43 PM   #17  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default Wow!!!

That is truly wonderful news jojojo!! Wow, you've really inspired me and got me really excited!!!!!!!!!!!

How's everyone doing? Angel? I miss you, I hope things are going great for you.

A couple of days ago I woke up with a completely swollen face and I just can't seem to figure it out. Even my ear lobs were swollen. I couldn't believe the way I looked. I looked as though I had just gained 30 pounds!!!! It was a TERRIBLE feeling, to imagine gaining all that weight back. Fortunately, most of the swelling has gone down. But as I looked at my fat face, I realized how far I've come.

I now weight about 184 pounds, which means I'm down 36 pounds that I never ever want to see again!!! I feel great, but sometimes I don't feel like I've lost anything. I look in the mirror and still see the fat me. I can't see how far I've come because it's hard when you judge yourself on a daily basis. Sometimes the best way to do it is to let others tell you. Get all prettied up, and go visit some old friends, or someone whom you've seen but haven't spend a whole lot of time with. Yesterday I visited an old friend of mine, and even though I was still sick, my face was half-swollen, and I was wearing layers of old baggy clothes, he somehow seemed to notice. It might have been just my imagination, but he said "You're looking really good!" very sincerely and he said it about twice.

My size 16 jeans are getting really baggy. I think it's a combination of wear and weight loss. I know that if I bought a pair of size 14 jeans they'd be much too tight.. then again, I haven't tried. Size 14 jeans would be so amazing to wear. And when those get baggy, size 12 jeans I will buy and how rewarding that will feel. I'm tempted to wait until my 14s get so baggy that I have to buy a 10. I think that will take at least another 15 or 20 pounds. Maybe more, but it will be so extremely rewarding when I achieve it. You know, as I look at my weight loss graph, I notice that although I haven't lost at a very fast pace, it's been very steady. I can draw a perfectly straight line through it all. Although it's been a bit frustrating because I'm not seeing the immediate results that my brain wants, I know that ultimately this is the very best way to lose weight, and I know that it will take a lot of slacking off to gain back the weight (though it's entirely possible).

Thanks jojojo for posting, your success has really inspired me to keep going. Angel-eyes, I miss you and I'm praying for you.

Take care,
Nancy

Last edited by Gracenote; 12-15-2001 at 01:46 PM.
Closed Thread