Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #1  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Default Ugh! Cant find clothes that fit!!

I measured myself yesterday and Ive lost 28 inches since Jan. Im sure alot of you know that from my posts lol. So, I went to a store yesterday by myself to try on a bunch of pants because I REALLY need pants! All my pants are HUGE on me and im totally walking on the bottoms. I look like a shrinking woman!! So I go on try on clothes....everything looked ridiculous on me!! I still look like im shrinking. Im pretty short...5'3 but come on! They make heavy people clothes weird. They think that heavy people are big all over. I cant find anything that fits me and doesnt look silly! Im about ready to cry! I have a few pair of capri's that fit me, but thats all! Like I said, my other pants are all so huge now....Its so frustruating!!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Im at my wits end. I cant go on wearing the same pants. They make me still look big because they are so baggy. I want to find pants that show off my figure, not hide it!

Have a great day!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:04 AM   #2  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

No no I can relate! Either the smaller size is too tight still and the next size up is too big. I am still wearing my slacks to work and I look like a clown but I can't get newer ones to fit right. I gave in and bought jeans 2.5 weeks ago & now they are too big (yes of course this is a good thing but shopping is a pain) and with everything hanging on me my MIL says I look like I can't afford anything (also partly true why buy new clothes when in 2 weeks those won't fit either?)

AWESOME JOB BTW!!!!!
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #3  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

I wish I could help you. I will give you a though. I was really hoping the mall trip would go well for you. I'm sorry.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #4  

Height: 5'9

Oh, I know what you mean about them thinking that big people are big ALL over. That used to aggravate me SOOO much! I would find a pair of pants that fit great in the waist, but then the crotch of the pants would come down to my knees!
I still have problems finding clothes sometimes. One size is too small, but the next size up is too big. It even happens with shoes!! My friend Lisa, who has ALWAYS been thin says, "Welcome to my world!!" LOL
When I was still in weightloss mode, I kept the tags and the receipts for EVERYTHING, clothes-wise, that I bought. If something go way too big in two weeks or so, I would go back to the store with everything and return it for a smaller size. I'd just lie and say that my mother bought them for me and they've never been washed or worn. I've even exchanged things that I didn't have a receipt for, only the tags. I had 3 pairs of cordouroys that I exchanged 3 times for a smaller size!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #5  

A tailor can fix the fit for you.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey, another 5'3" shortie here. I can totally relate to you. When I started out, I weighed the same as you do now. I wore a size 18 or 20, depending on brand. I always have to buy capris or ankle length jeans to have them fit where I want them to. Have you tried Lane Bryants jeans? Depending on how you're built (I am pretty round in the booty and the thighs) I would buy the "crops" and they would come down to my ankle like regular jeans I guess on a tall girl they would be cropped, but not on me--they were perfect. I know LB is pretty pricey but I also found some cheap jeans at WalMart that fit pretty good. And take heart, I was wearing those 20's from the beginning up until I lost around 35 lbs, then the waist started bunching up too much. The perfect jeans for you are out there.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/275/170

Height: 5'10"

You might want to seek out pants that have some spandex in them, (stretch jeans, etc) this can make the pants snug in the right places.
kristine724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Have you tried pants in petite/short lengths? Also, where are your problems lying in the fit of most pants? Are you bigger around the waist/smaller in the butt and legs...or do you have a smaller waist/bigger hips and legs...is the pants length too long, the inseam hanging halfway to your knees...letting me know where the problems are will help with advice.
(I am a seamstress as well as a dancer. )
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Being 5' tall, I really envy you giants at 5'3"! lol! I always have trouble finding pants that fit, even when I'm thin. I know it sounds stupid, but even though I'm short I have long legs. Many of the petite pants are always too short. Petite is the only way I can go, though, or they just don't fit right through the crotch. I've been wearing Levi's stretch jeans, and they fit really well! (Wal Mart around $16)

Good Luck!

Barb
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

JCPenny (St Johns Bay) has a stretch boot cut low rise jean, that since I am so short actually fits in the waist like good jeans should. I am an apple. I do have to cut about 8 inches off and hem, but you are probably used to doing that. Boot cut, having a bit of flair at the bottom actually makes you look taller (as opposed to capri's that cut already short legs to look even shorter). I bought a couple pair on sale ($12.99) to get me through losing. I started at a tight size 18 and am now into size 16 pretty comfortably.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #11  
Fit chick in hidding

S/C/G: 201/164.4/100 4'11"

Guys jeans seem to fit me the best.
LuckySmyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I have always had trouble buying pants. Capri's are just too short pants for me, haha. I just went and got some pants the other day I settled for buying them a BIT too tight cuz they will fit soon. I also ALWAYS buy strech jeans. If you do like flair and need to hem them, fold them over to see what they will look like cut off. I always find that I hate hemed pants - I think they look funny esp I have flare. I since stopped hemming and just buy cheap jeans so if I wreak them it is not a huge deal, haha.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:02 PM   #13  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Im a fan of men's jeans too. And its easier to read the measurements... they have all sorts of combos for how long the leg is/how round the waist. How nice for guys that they have more than one set of proportions expected of them, I mean, really.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #14  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Im having the same problem, too though. The pants Im wearing are way baggy and they make me look bigger... but the next size down is too tight and they give me the fat girl in stretch pants look. So I opt for the big size, where you cant REALLY tell whats on the inside... instead of it being so painfully obvious as in the smaller size, lol.

I REALLY want to fit into those pants so bad. I cannot WAIT.

Oh I too am short -- CORRECTION -- I am about the average height of an American woman (Im just under 5'4"). But as we know, we're made to be SHORT! I feel for people like the 5' lady - I dont see how yall find pants when its hard enough at my height.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:08 PM   #15  
Fit chick in hidding

S/C/G: 201/164.4/100 4'11"

I'm 4'11"

My advice is to buy the smaller size so you have a new goal to aim for.
LuckySmyle is offline   Reply With Quote