Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #16  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySmyle
My advice is to buy the smaller size so you have a new goal to aim for.
Yup!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #17  
rethinking myself...

S/C/G: 276/256/175

Height: 5' 11"

Life is not all sunshine for the tall girls either. My legs are long, but I am "short-waisted" or something, so all the tall pants have a crotch that drags near my knees or I can pull them up and have pants that button up near my boobs! My current problem is that my size 22s fit in the hips and are laughably big in the waist. I can pull them off without unbuttoning them, but I think I'm going to get that "fat girl in small pants" look that one of you mentioned if I go down to a 20.

I have also been annoyed that plus size clothing assumes we're big all over. The chests of plus sized shirts and dresses are always HUGE on me. The armholes come down way too far. Oh well. Maybe someday I'll be more proportionate.

Don't even talk to me about capris and 3/4 length sleeves. I look like I'm wearing my little brother's clothing. (And I don't even have a little brother).

It sounds like we ALL have problems. That's part of the problem with the cookie cutter clothing industry. Truly the only answer is to get stuff tailored, but I'm not going to get my $20 jeans tailored. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm rich and buy $100 jeans and get those tailored.
kittymuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #18  
Fit chick in hidding

S/C/G: 201/164.4/100 4'11"

Quote:
The chests of plus sized shirts and dresses are always HUGE on me
And way too small on me.
LuckySmyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #19  
Winning is losing

I understand your frustration. I have to shop in the petites section because I'm so short (5 feet even). Even then some of the pants are still too long.
Im A Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:24 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

kittymuse-have you looked into some of the catalogs made for tall women? My stepmother is 5'11", and she gets some things in tall sizes, and it really helps-especially with long sleeved shirts, blazer jackets, etc.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:26 AM   #21  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Wow thanks guys!! It does sound like we all have problems. Glad its not just me! My body is weird. Im pear shape. Im smaller on the top, I can wear a 14/16 shirt. I have big hips, tummy and booty..well techinally my tummy and booty are melting away..but you know what I mean lol. So when I try on pants, they fit me in the waist, but the crotch hangs WAY down on my. My legs are weird to, they are bigger on top than on the bottom, I know thats how its supposted to be, but I cant explain it. So basically the pants just hang on me! I also dont wanna get 20 dollar jeans tailored lol. Capri's also look funny on me..like im wearing high waters! I just dont know what to do lol
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Low rise!! I buy ultra low rise pants and they fit me thru the rise, and fit nicely on my hips as well Easier said than done though, I have huge issues finding pants, oh and stretch in pants! I have bigger thighs, so stretch is my best friend, if it weren't for stretch I wouldn't own one pair of pants.

My issue these days is that I'm not quite into regular size bottoms, and not really fitting plus size ones either, I literally can't find ANY good pants, I either need to shrink or gain some weight.. heh.

Oh clothes.. they can be so frustrating, yet so enjoyable at the same time!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote