Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2006, 02:29 PM   #1  

Default HELP..How do you deal???

I was in a 3 year relationship that ended VERY badly last night, I won't go into detail here, I'll blog it ....anyway.. How do you stay on track?? I have no desire to eat or exercise but I don't want to lose all this progress. Maybe some of you have been through this and can help me. I am at a complete loss and I have no idea what to do or where to go from here.
Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:32 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I am so sorry to hear that

I can't tell you what to do but I can say if mine ended tomorrow I know I would do whatever I felt I needed to do. I can tell you I most certinaly would not want to exercise. But a hard run or something might help you clear your head and feel better.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #3  
210 / 193 / 140

Sorry to hear about your breakup.

Take a day off from your fitness plan, but then get back on track. Really, it's as easy, and as hard, as that. It has nothing to do with whether you feel like it or not. You do it because you know it's the right thing to do. And Sotypical is right: a good workout will lift your mood and get your mind off your BF, even if only for a little while. Staying with your plan is part of how you help yourself cope with the breakup. So give yourself a day to mourn and to eat whatever you feel like, then get back to taking good care of yourself.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #4  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

sorry to hear about your breakup!!!
Ya know, I would just take the whole weekend off...indulge in some tears! have a nice LOOOOONG bath with bubbles and candels and music...cook yourself something yummy (something sinful, but healthy ) go rent somemovie or even take yourself on a date to the movies, allow yourself a treat...just do things FOR YOU this weekend then plan to start back on track on monday!!!
you need time to mourn...
Hope you feel better soon
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

I agree, take the whole weekend off.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:25 PM   #6  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

I would definately agree with taking the weekend off! Endulge a bit (but not too much, know your limits!) and then when monday comes around, perhaps throwing yourself into exercise will help! My sister lost 100 pounds "on accident" she says. When she broke up with her fiance, she took off out the door jogging and never turned back!
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:19 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

Go to your neariest bath shop (ie: lush, body shop, etc) and buy yourself some nice new bubble bath and other bath goodies and go and relax!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #8  

I would suggest NOT using this breakup as an excuse to go off plan. And not because I think a day or two off is going to be a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Rather, going off plan is not going to make you feel better and, when your head clears, having eaten off plan is likely going to add to your woes. I would handle diet and exercise just like you do everything else in the midst of a break up - you just keep plugging along. Now, when a bit of time passes and you feel BETTER about the break up that, in my opinion, is when you might consider allowing yourself to relax for a weekend. Maybe in the form of a weekend out with the girls or even a date with ANOTHER guy? Now, that is a splurge you can enjoy!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #9  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Whew, I'm glad somebody said it--I completely agree with lucky. Maybe you don't have to track all your foods to perfection or run a million miles and lift a thousand weights, but this is a lifestyle change, and it should be incorporated into your routine for better or for worse, till death do you part! If you use this as an excuse to toss your new lifestyle out the window, even if only for a few days, then you'll feel justified in using ANY negative life occurence as an excuse to do the same agian (and again and again) in the future, and that's just not a healthy habit.

No matter your reasons for breaking up, use it as motivation. Remember that you are getting healthier for YOU and not for him, so whether you are with him or not should not affect your routine. Yes, it sucks to try to be good when you're feeling so down, but hey, sh!t happens, and it will happen more than once in your life, but it shouldn't be used an excuse to NOT do what you know you need to do to be healthy! Besides, haven't you seen Legally Blonde? "Exercise gives you endorphines, and endorphines make you happy!" So you might have some trouble getting going, but a good workout might actually help you to get back into the swing of things sooner.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #10  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Just think of the day when you see his sorry *** in Wal-Mart and you can show him your NEW BODY!! That should be a good motivator!!

Sorry you're hurting though....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:44 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415
Just think of the day when you see his sorry *** in Wal-Mart and you can show him your NEW BODY!! That should be a good motivator!!

Sorry you're hurting though....
I was thinking the same thing, hahahahaha
Old 04-28-2006, 06:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

How awful -- I'm sorry to hear that!!

I agree with Lucky and Jilly -- keep on plugging away. Pamper yourself (bubble bath sounds great!), and indulge in the tears, but don't use this as a reason to go off plan.

I've had some stressful things happen since I've been doing this new lifestyle, and I figure that going off plan in the stressful time is about the worst I can do. When I get sad or get mad I go exercise to work out my aggression/frustration. And in a situation where other things seem out of my control, my eating and exercise can be the things that are IN my control. So I motivate myself by telling myself how I am doing this for me, just as Jilly said.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #13  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

What Jill and Lucky said rang true to me. I would feel worse if I went off program (I am sorry, K, that you had to go through that).

That doesn't mean you shouldn't pamper yourself. Flowers, bubble bath, candles, movies, new clothes, earrings, a weekend someplace, calls to friends/family. Whatever makes you feel good. Hang in there.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:23 PM   #14  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Im soo sorry to hear about your breakup. We have all had them and know how awful they can be. I say take a few days to think about what's happend and then get right back on track with your exercise and everything. Like someone said above I would be thinking about how great you will look when you lose your weight and if he sees you someday he will be like "damn I could of had that" Lol.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:02 AM   #15  

I am crying huge crocodile tears right now. Thank all of you for your support. This is SO HARD !!!! You guys have no idea how much your advice and words of encouragement mean to me. I took a bit of advice from all of you.
I still feel like crap right now but I am moving along. I took Thursday night off from exercise, just did not have the energy or will to do anything. Friday some of my girlfriends took me out for dinner and drinks. When I got home I felt the urge to work off some of my frustrations. I ended up working out a whole hour before I even realized it. Took a long, incredibly hot bubble bath afterwards. I know I need to do this. I cannot allow him to make me feel like I am not worthy. I still haven't eaten anything. I tried to force myself but I am so not hungry and I only ended up making myself sick. Anyway enough of my drama.....
Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote