Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-27-2006, 02:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

For carbs in the evening I would recommend my favorites - a baked sweet potato (not microwaved!!! but really baked for over an hour in the oven, it practically caramelizes with the sugar content and tastes amazing) or wild rice (Trader Joe's has pre-cooked wild rice that just needs to be heated up, love that stuff - makes life so easy!).
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #17  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Where do you get Trader Joe's stuff at. I was going to ask before...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Well, I'm bingeing big time girls. I'm so stressed about this new job (that I really don't care for) and I have so many decisions surrounding it, that I went home and munched. Lots. I feel horrible about myself.
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:57 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

babsy? do you have a plan for the rest of the day? for tomorrow? I know it sounds trite but the best you can do is move on now.
Somebody once told me to do what's right, right now. What's right for you, right now, is to put your head on straight and stop munching.
My blah's lasted for two days. I should never have let it go that long. I knew after the celery and peanutbutter that I'd made a mistake and instead of stopping, I had more ... after the first and second slices of toast with peanutbutter ... I should have done what was right, right then. But instead, I made two more slices. And I let that kind of fudging off til later, carry on until last night when I finally called it quits after a sandwich and just had an apple and went to bed.
Today I feel a whole lot sturdier!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #20  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

I think I need to be a lot better about planning dinner. I walk out the door with everything I’m going to eat for breakfast, lunch and snacks in the morning, but when I come home tired and cranky dinner can be pretty hit or miss. I was feeling particularly heinous last night so I threw my hands up and let the dinner gods have their way with me (my boyfriend made frozen pizza. I’d be lying if I said it didn’t make me feel a little better after my crappy day) and I skipped my water aerobics. Not too worried about the workout, today was supposed to be an “off” day for the gym so I’ll just switch and do lap swim tonight.

My plan:

B- smoothie of mixed berries, non-fat plain yogurt, soy milk, a banana and 100% juice cranberry-grape blend.
L – spinach and romaine salad with olives and carrots, TJ’s ff balsamic vinaigrette
2 corn tortillas rolled up with hummus, tofurky and cheddar
S- 1 oz unsalted roasted almonds, orange
D- Don’t know. Maybe I’ll put some brown rice on while I walk the dog and just have that with some black beans before I head to the pool.

I hate that the pool opens for lap swim so late (7:30) because I’d much rather go right after work and get it done with rather than going home, walking the dog, then I usually eat a few bites of dinner but not too much so I won’t be too full to swim and then come home around 9pm and eat the rest of my dinner. I tried getting up early a few times to swim before work, but I prefer even the inconvenient evening schedule to getting up at 5:15am.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Thanks, Susan.
If I'm hungry tonight I'll have some leftover stew with my family. If not, I guess that's ok too. I can't let this stress get the best of me. I've been doing so well.
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by la3y_un1c0rn_37
Where do you get Trader Joe's stuff at. I was going to ask before...
Trader Joe's is a fabulous chain of cheap but gourmet grocery stores. I had never seen one until I moved to Seattle. The stores are generally pretty small, but they really have a fantastic selection of yummy things. I love the dried granny smith apple rings, dried wild blueberries, Greek yogurt, organic sprouted wheat pasta, sesame honey cashews, organic jam, dark chocolate, teas, frozen cooked chicken strips, pumpkin butter, Indian Fare boxed dinners, natural peanut butter, inexpensive red wine and super soft La Tortilla factory tortillas (lighter and fluffier than the ones with preservatives I buy in a regular grocery store) and 100 other things there - especially the pre-cooked brown rice that is so easy to microwave. I can rarely walk in and buy just what I had planned to purchase - I usually fill a basket.

http://www.traderjoes.com/about/index.asp
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #23  
Running Wild

Susan!! i saw that woman on a preview last night on ET. I set tivo as well for today...however do you know that she seriously blames her weight gain on the fact she got bitten by a spider a few years ago???

looks to be quite an interesting intervention with her kids and herself!!
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #24  
Working on Hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
Trader Joe's is a fabulous chain of cheap but gourmet grocery stores. I had never seen one until I moved to Seattle. The stores are generally pretty small, but they really have a fantastic selection of yummy things. I love the dried granny smith apple rings, dried wild blueberries, Greek yogurt, organic sprouted wheat pasta, sesame honey cashews, organic jam, dark chocolate, teas, frozen cooked chicken strips, pumpkin butter, Indian Fare boxed dinners, natural peanut butter, inexpensive red wine and super soft La Tortilla factory tortillas (lighter and fluffier than the ones with preservatives I buy in a regular grocery store) and 100 other things there - especially the pre-cooked brown rice that is so easy to microwave. I can rarely walk in and buy just what I had planned to purchase - I usually fill a basket.

http://www.traderjoes.com/about/index.asp
Ok now I am so hungry
Old 04-27-2006, 03:47 PM   #25  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I forgot to tell you ladys about my great expierence the other night.

I went to cake night (the celebration of being addiction free) and this lady got up to take her her 10 year cake and she said, "When I quit drinking; I started eating. I have now lost 187 pounds!" WOW! Never seen anyone that close in real life that has lost that much weight! I was so impressed
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #26  
Working on Hot!

I saw the same thing she said that the spider made her fat!

And There is no TraderJoes near me....crys into hand.......
Old 04-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #27  
Working on Hot!

I am changing my dinner to chicken baked...I need more portien and less fat.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #28  
Running Wild

i still think i am having coffee for dinner....*sigh*

i really want to just skip school tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

but i did just squeeze in a yogurt!
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:26 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

She was already way overweight when she got bitten. The thing is, she became somewhat immobile from the bite (can happen, they're nasty) but it just blossomed from there. Her children became guilted into looking after her. It was good entertainment and I did an hour of cardio.
Speaking of which ... what an eye opener this heart rate thingee is! Oi! And I used to call that cardio!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Ladies,

I'm planning for tomorrow:

B: Eggs
S: Apple
L: leftover toasted quinoa pilaff (from Sonoma board- gorgeous!) and peri peri chicken with salad
S: Apple
S: Whole grain bar
Spinning
D: Corn pasta with roasted mediterranean veg (as I'm walking 20 miles Saturday morning)
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote