Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #1  
**Nadine Marie**

S/C/G: 173/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Lossing motivation : (

Im ending my 10th week and i've lost 30 lbs already (yay!) but last week i only lost 1.8 (which is low for me, i average ATLEAST 2 lbs a week) i know i havent been doing well because ive been snacking here and there and not calculating it (bad i KNOW) but i cant help it im getting sick of dieting and im lossing my motivation. I still want this so bad but i need someone to kick me in the butt and tell me to keep going. I weighed in at 188.7 last week and i just weighed my self at home and im 191.4! i read online about drinking water to keep solid foods moving so i can get that weight out of my body by tomorrow (my weight in) but thats just so i dont look stupid tomorrow and feel embarassed. I could use my pass to not weigh in but i dont want to chicken out, i need to face up to what i've done (or atleast what i've eaten)Anyways any words of encouragement that you guys use to keep going? Also any tips to get that food out of my body by 3:00 tomorrow afternoon?

Thanks!
cherrykissez011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

10 weeks and 30 pounds - WOW! I am going on 7 or 8 weeks and only lost 7-8 pounds! WHAT DID YOU DO?

Anyway chickie - DO NOT WORRY about that weight in! You have done an amazing job and chances are that little put of weight gain is just some extra water weight or something cuz you had some extra sodium in your snacks. But anyway I will leave that one up to someone smarter then me.

BUT BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:11 PM   #3  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrykissez011
Im ending my 10th week and i've lost 30 lbs already (yay!) but last week i only lost 1.8 (which is low for me, i average ATLEAST 2 lbs a week) i know i havent been doing well because ive been snacking here and there and not calculating it (bad i KNOW) but i cant help it im getting sick of dieting and im lossing my motivation. I still want this so bad but i need someone to kick me in the butt and tell me to keep going. I weighed in at 188.7 last week and i just weighed my self at home and im 191.4! i read online about drinking water to keep solid foods moving so i can get that weight out of my body by tomorrow
If you've gained actual 'fat' weight, it's not going to go away by tomorrow. If we could dump fat that easily, we wouldn't have weight problems. You didn't gain that weight in one day (unless it's all water weight) and you won't lose it in one day, either.

We all eat more than we should now and then. The important thing is to put it behind you and move on and simply do better tomorrow.

Also, thinking of weight loss as "dieting" is what causes many of us to lose motivation. Forget the word diet. I'm not on a diet and I never will be. Dieting is what made me fat. What you need to do is make permanent lifestyle changes that you can live with forever. Keeping track of your calories is a good way to lose weight but yet allow yourself occasional treats without feeling guilty for eating them. "Dieting" means you have to give up favorite foods. A lifestyle change allows you to work those foods in on occasion so you don't feel deprived.

I don't deprive myself. If I want a piece of fried chicken, I eat it. I just make sure it's counted in with my calories for the day. And one meal a week, Sunday dinner, I eat what I want and as much as I want without counting every calorie. I even have dessert. It's not a cheat meal. It's part of my lifestyle. I never use the word "cheat". Ever. Diet and cheat are not in my vocabulary. And that one meal a week gives me something to look forward to. If I get the urge to pig out, I simply remind myself I can do that on Sunday.

Find your calorie range. Keep track of what you eat. And when you're in the mood for a goodie, work it in. And enjoy it
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #4  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

You are doing GREAT! I started out about the same weight as you but it's taking me MUCH longer to lose the weight. I'm currently only losing a pound or so per month, but that's fine with me because at least I'm not gaining! I figure it will take me another year or two to lose the rest of the weight.

This time around I'm much more relaxed about losing weight because I don't feel deprived and make room for the occasional "pig out". I just make sure to jump back on track asap. One meal isn't going to make you gain significant weight. Keep up the good work and you'll reach your goal.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #5  
**Nadine Marie**

Thanks for the support girls! Just reading post on 3FC is helping me already (i havent been on the site for a while)

Sotypical- i do weight watchers, and thats it lol i bet if i exercised id be lossing a lot more, so since the weather is nice today im gonna take a jog a lil later tonight. I've been using that "its too cold" excuse all winter lol so if i dont get around to that jog im def going to do some Tae Boe
Old 03-29-2006, 06:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Here are some thoughts - which I am passing out because you look younger than me on your avatar.

When I lost weight in my 20's I had NO loose skin.

Now that I am trying to lose the same weight again in my 30's it does not look nearly as good. Flat and stomach are no longer compatible words - same with firm and breast. There is just no way to go from a DDD to a C and keep them perky.

Do it while you are young. And keep in mind. We are not doing this until we lose 10 or 30 or 100 lbs. In order for weight loss to be successful, we have to do it for the rest of our lives. My weight watchers goal is to attend those meetings until I am a little old lady. Hopefully I will get to the little part before I get to the old part.

Oh - And I have to say, I love this quote.

"One Day at a Time, No Guilt, Move On"
We cannot change our past, but we can change our future.

I have lost 23 lbs in 10 weeks at WW, 30 is really impressive - you have been doing great so far. Last time, the more weight I lost, the slower it came off. This is one thing that contributed to my frustration when losing. 2-3 lbs per week was no problem at 200 lbs. 2-3 per month was really tough to do as I got down to my goal weight.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

Great advice in this thread! I have been doing this for almost a month now and I have lost 1 little pound. Not very encouraging, but I figure I am doing this for more than the scale, and if I keep at it then someday it will work and that scale will drop.

You are doing GREAT! Just chin up and keep at it.

(Edited to say that my all time high was 198 and I re-started this last time it was 182 -- sorry if the clicker is confusing)
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'7

Just keep going- you have a bad day, you get up the next and you try again. That's the only thing that keeps me going! You should be proud of the work you've done, losing weight and being healthy are so hard to do!
judes26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:10 AM   #9  

I've only been on this board for about 3 weeks, so maybe I'm not one to offer advice, but I have found that everytime I want to stick a cookie in my mouth or I need that little kick in the butt for motivation, I walk to the computer and click on this forum and there are 100 people here just DYING to give my butt that kick!!

Everytime I say to myself, "the heck with this diet", I just walk in here and see everyone else in the same boat and it makes me feel much better and encouraged.

So I say, make sure you visit this forum more often - - these guys rock, but they keep you in line too!
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:14 AM   #10  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=LLV]
I never use the word "cheat". Ever. Diet and cheat are not in my vocabulary.
QUOTE]

Ditto!
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'7

This is our support group
judes26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:04 PM   #12  

When i feel like I am losing motivation..this sounds horrible but I watch movies or shows that convince me that its worth it. Super Size Me is a favorite, so are shows like Oprah when she has Dr Oz on that talks about and shows the difference between overweight people organs and healthy organs...all thats enough to get my back on the treadmill Hang in there, one day at a time
Glasgowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:21 PM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Sweetie, you did great! It's only .2 short of your regular goal. No big deal. 30 lbs in 10 weeks is AMAZING! You go girl!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:24 PM   #14  
**Nadine Marie**

Well i weighed in today and i didnt lose any.... but i didnt gain! so i already feel better about my self. Im very disappointed that i let myself slip but that gives me more motivation to do good this week! thanks for all the support girls!