Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #31  
Cynical RedHead

Quote:
I notice that a few of you are having similar problems, nothing big just a little slip here and there that is getting in the way of a loss or adding a small gain. Is there something that we are missing that makes us want to eat more right now? Is it hormonal?

What can we do to readjust ourselves and get back on track?
Sheri - I think part of eating more right now has a lot to do with the weather and season (at least for those of us in the northern hemisphere). During the summer I love eating salads, fruit, etc. During the colder, darker months it seems that all i want are stews, pastas, bulky comfort foods. Yes, I could make delicious winter vegetables and eat healthy. But I buy them, bring them home, and then eat macaroni and cheese for dinner . I think your plan to eat more veggies during the day will really help. It is getting warmer now on the east coast. Last weekend we got over a foot of snow, but yesterday and today the high was around 60-65 degrees. I am hoping that with the warmer weather, my good eating habits return rapidly.

One trick I try to do is to bring a bunch of fruit with me to work at the beginning of the week so that I have a healthy snack every day. It isn't even that I will eat unhealthy snacks, but I just won't eat - then I come home and eat too much unhealthy food. So having the fruit at my desk reminds me to eat something. Today I had grapes and I will have a "cara" orange this afternoon (supposedly tastes like a cross between tangerine and grapefruit - i haven't tried one before; i will let y'all know if they are any good!)

I agree (although find it frustrating) that we will always have to be hyper-vigilant about what we put into our bodies and how we expend our energy. Do I think it's fair that I will have to watch what I eat and count calories for the rest of my life if I want to be thin? No. But I am understanding that if I don't count my calories, I will eat too much, even if I'm not really hungry. I too hope that one day the bad habits will never come back - I just am worried that I will never reach that point.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:17 PM   #32  
dgpebbles

I agree...Coming here everyday and reading post and sucess stories really helps me stay motivated....my biggest problem is I work in a very busy store and it's hard to even get a lunch break much less try to eat a snack..so I am also wanting to over eat at supper....I've been taking fruit to work to try to snack when I can and if I can't get to eat it than I eat it on the way home so by the time I get home and get to eat supper I'm not super hungry and dont pig out....I also always carry a kashi granola bar around with me so if i'm out and can't snack i have my bar to depend on so I don't stop and get a fast food fix

Last edited by dgpebbles; 02-18-2006 at 02:11 PM.
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:03 AM   #33  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

Thanks for all the support guys! I now have nine pounds to go! Although I am not going to disappointed if I don’t lose all of it before April 1st, but I want to use it as a motivation to work extra hard at it. See you guys all at the finishing line!
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:37 AM   #34  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Hey everyone!!!
I dont know If I will have a loss this week, but I am still hanging on. I not going to worry about it just try to maintaine what I have loss. I will still be looking for a loss this week...I hope all are well
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Still hanging in here. It's been a busy stressful week. I' handed in my notice at work on Friday. It's been a long time coming but worth it to finally have made that decision. I need to be at home with my children after school.Needless to say I've been off my normal routine a bit this week, but hopefully I can get back into it very soon.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #36  

My losses seem to come when I do a combo of eating right and exercising. This week my arthritis has flared up big time, so I'm having to cut back on my exercise, meaning it's even more important that I watch what I eat. I've done pretty well this weekend so far.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:42 PM   #37  
Losing for Life!

STOP!

Thread Now Closed!

Go to Week 9, February 20.05
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote