Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-14-2006, 11:24 AM   #16  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

As for me, I didnt lose anything this week. Im not upset because I KNOW ive been eating right and ive been exercising and doing Pilates everyday, so I think im gaining muscle. I have capris that fit not that havent fit for a couple of years and I did lose 3 inches in my hips. So im all good about staying the same!

I have to have my journal. I write everything in it! I would be lost without it.

As for the motivation...I have a pic of me on the fridge from when I was skinny! Whenever I want something to eat, I look at that pick and get determined all over again to look like that again...sometime soon!!!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #17  

I'm still here. I haven't been to the Y and weighed myself since last Monday, so I don't know what my weight is. I've been traveling for work, but I've also tried to pay attention to what I'm eating which isn't easy in hotels. One solution I've found to the exercise while traveling issue is that I bought a portable dvd player and I take my exercise dvds with me. It's a whole lot better than using those funky hotel fitness rooms!

Yesterday I had some yogurt and golean for breakfast in my room, lunch was a chicken salad sandwich and potato chips (it was provided at my meeting--no options); for dinner I went to Fish Bones and ate grilled salmon and steamed veggies and water. Today I had yogurt and golean for breakfast, chicken primavera pasta bowl at Applebee's for lunch, and no dinner yet.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

Hello!!! I am down another 3.2lbs tonight at weigh in!! That leads me to a total lost of 16.8lbs since I have joined WW! I am really pumped, I am 1.2lbs away from my 10% I have never felt this good and this happy about my weight loss! thank you all for being such an inspiration!

Jenn
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:28 PM   #19  
Cynical RedHead

I am still at 137. I am really struggling with these last 7-10 pounds. Part of it is not necessarily lack of motivation, but more a self-defeating attitude. I know I am close, and therefore have not been as careful about what I eat. I still log in everything I eat, and have actually been averaging right at 1400/day, but have not been eating the right sorts of food. It is mid-week already - I ate pretty well yesterday, not too bad today, but I will be traveling back from NY to DC tonight and will probably grab a sandwich for dinner that I can eat on the train.

Also, and I know this sounds like excuses, but it isn't *really* , I am still getting over the flu and bronchitis and am having a very hard time breathing whenever I exert myself. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical Saturday, and was literally gasping for air before I was finished. DH threatened to tie me to the couch if I didn't get off of elliptical and sit down. Then I did not work out Sunday because I was still having such a hard time breathing. I have been walking and doing yoga the past few days, but it isn't the same as cardio.

How do you all stay on target when you are close? I need some common sense tips!

Dinah, I am also traveling for work right now. I need to bring a portable dvd player with me! The corporate apartments I am staying in have a VCR, but no DVD player. I don't even have the option of a funky hotel fitness room!

PurpleCrush - losing inches is just as good, if not better, than losing weight because you know it is all muscle rather than fat! Three inches around the hips is fantastic.

Jenn - congratulations on your weight loss!!! You are so close to your goal I am sure you will make it soon!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:05 PM   #20  

Fishwoman, you have been sick...you don't need any more excuses than that. We don't have to kill ourselves!!! Taking care of ourselves isn't just all exercise and eating right...it's also knowing when it's time to pamper and allowing ourselves to do that.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:20 PM   #21  

Hello all!

Glad to see some of us are still giving this a go. I have been having a hard time staying consistent with the exercise right now. The whole family has been sick (as have I) so its hard to get anytime to get to the gym..or the motivation just to walk, what with the stufy nose and all. Anyway, somehow, I still managed to lose 3 more pounds this week. Not sure if I believe my scale so am reweighing myself tomorrow LOL

I also measured in last thursday and I have lost 10 inches off my body!!! I am thrilled. 3 inches off my waist alone! Only .5 inches off the bust though No surprise there LOL.

Happy losing all!
DragonTush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #22  

Default weigh in

Hi everyone, just checking in to report my new weight of 233. I weighed in yesterday but forgot to record it here. I was 1lb from my goal of 232 for my valentine's challenge, but I'm still happy about the loss. Hope everyone has a good wk.
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:53 AM   #23  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Unhappy

It's about six weeks away from April 1st and I still have 10lbs to lose. Can I make it?
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #24  

It's about six weeks away from April 1st and I still have 10lbs to lose. Can I make it?

You bet you can Miaka! Even if, for some reason, you don't quite make it...thats okay....You still have a loss....never to be found again. Right?

I still have 16 lbs to go for April 1st. I want to say I can do that too
DragonTush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #25  
Cynical RedHead

Hey, Miaka! I am sure you can make it, or at least come close. As DragonTush says, you can at least have a loss to never be found again!

And Dragon - 10 inches lost is fantastic! I don't know what my measurements are - I just go by the scale and my clothes!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #26  
Losing for Life!

The small moments
In the small moments there are big opportunities. For the small moments are where successful, fulfilled lives are built.

The small moments have great power because there are so very many of them. Make wise, effective use of the small moments, and the impact can be enormous.

To harness the power of the small moments you must accept them for what they are. To gain value from the small moments you must make use of them as they come.

One particularly effective strategy for making the most of the small moments is to cultivate positive and productive habits. Habits enable you to choose in advance what you will do with the valuable load of small moments that will surely and steadily come your way.

Keeping yourself focused and disciplined only every now and then is no great challenge and produces no great result. However, when you can stay consistently and persistently focused on an objective, there is no limit to the magnitude of what you can accomplish.

Though the small moments may seem trivial and not worth your attention, they are in fact a crucial factor in the quality of your life. Give your best to the small moments, for they are where much of life's greatest value is built.

-- Ralph Marston
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:08 PM   #27  

Sheri, I SO much appreciate your inspirational words. I frequently save them and print them out.

Well, I gained back 1.5 pounds but I feel positive that I can lose it. I know exactly what made me gain it: candy and not staying on top of my exercise. So knowing that, I know exactly how to fix it! I hope it's as simple as it sounds...lol.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #28  

Height: 5'5"

well... bad news today. i hoped on the scale and was up 1.5 lbs (139.5)... GRRR. i did eat probably like half a sheep last night. okay not really but i went out to dinner with a friend and had lamb and had a HUGE serving. I ate it all because i am so meat deprived. I dont really cook it for myself.

anyways. im not changing my ticker though- hoping this was a bad wiegh and i am going to wiegh tomorrow and see what it looks like.

the bad news is that i have to lose 3.5 lbs this week to reach the goal! or maybe 3 this week and 2.5 next week.

i really really want to do it though!!

my motiviation- bridemaid dress fittings on march 11th!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #29  
Losing for Life!

Hello All!

I just realized I haven't posted my WI for this week. I am down 1.2 pounds. I still have 5.8 to lose before I can use my Gift Certificate for a night out at a nice hotel. I am aiming for March 7 to reach that goal.

I was just looking at my records and I have been on WW for 30 weeks now with a loss each week. Some weeks were only .2 of a pound losses but I am very pleased that I have gone this far and managed a loss every week. I don't think I have ever gone more that 4 or 5 weeks before having a no loss or a small gain week so this is really a different thing for me.

I have been having a tough time this week I feel like eating all the time. I did eat out 4 days out of 7 last week so I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I noticed last night that I have been leaving a few small things out when I journal like the few chips I grabbed out of the bag while I was waiting for lunch to heat up and a couple of hard candy here and there. I must give myself a kick in the rear and stop that!

It does show me though that I need to stay very aware of what I am doing it would be so easy to slide back into the old bad habits. I hope that someday the bad habits will be so far gone that I never need to worry about them coming back again.

I think that once I am close to my goal weight and am more used to the daily exercise and start getting more activity into my days that it should be easier to eat healthy and not have to think so much about it all. I guess then it will have become a way of life for me.

I notice that a few of you are having similar problems, nothing big just a little slip here and there that is getting in the way of a loss or adding a small gain. Is there something that we are missing that makes us want to eat more right now? Is it hormonal?

What can we do to readjust ourselves and get back on track?

I am going to eat more veggies during the day. I find that if I start my lunch with a bowl of veggies and have veggies in the afternoon for a snack that I really stay more on target and don't feel the need to eat other foods so much.

I will go out and buy a bunch of my favorite veggies and clean and prepare them for cooking so I can just grab a cup or two when I feel the need to eat. I also like to put garlic powder and nutmeg on my cooked veggies as it gives me more satisfaction when I eat the nicely flavored dish.

I am also going to pay more attention to my water intake. I have not used my 32 ounce bottle for three mornings this week so I know I am not getting enough water in.

What is your favorite trick for staying on track?
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:30 PM   #30  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

POSTING HERE!!!!!! lol I cant make it a day with out comeing here and looking to see what everyone is up to...I dont know where I would be with all of you...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote