3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Calling all Canadians! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/72133-calling-all-canadians.html)

3fcuser1058250 02-15-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowee
Regarding the banished pounds, I thought about where I wanted to send them, Ilene, and decided that since it really wasn't their fault ... after all, I was the one who had invited them to visit with me in the first place ... that when I sent them packing, the least I could do is send them somewhere nice. Soooo, "ugly-pound-heaven" it is.

Oh, that's so cute, I can tell you're a nice person, I on the other hand am not that nice :devil: ....

da fat n da furious 02-15-2006 10:21 PM

Welcome Readyforit! Another Albertan and BFLer...not that i do that anymore. I really should,,, I found it to be the best for me and weightloss. Just don't know if I could convince the family we are doing it again...lol

Are you experiencing the bad weather too? brrr me, my blanket and crocheting are just fine by the fire.....

maggie2 02-16-2006 02:22 AM

Hi everyone,

Weighed in last night and I reached my 10% goal. Lost 3.8 lbs. for a total of 24.4 lbs. I'm thrilled! WooHoo!

hefty1 02-16-2006 07:58 AM

wtg maggie. i was at my dr. last week and lost 8 lbs. it's snowing with freezing rain here. :) glen

srmb60 02-16-2006 08:57 AM

My poor husband scraped and scraped his truck to go to work! I'm home with the woodstove :)

meowee 02-16-2006 09:10 AM

Almost hate to tell you this . . . it's only 10 am here in Nova Scotia and the radio just told me it's already 9 degrees . . . but never fear, you'll send us the cold stuff again in due course . . . just for a change, it would be nice to be able to get the jet stream to move from east to west.

Congrats to our losers . . . the ones who know it already and the ones who will be finding out later.

Have a great day, gang . . . :carrot:

readyforit 02-16-2006 10:39 AM

Thanks for the welcome.

It is darn cold here this morning!

I put the coat on the dog, and bundled myself up, but left off the long johns. What a mistake! By the time I got to the bus stop, my knees, thighs and calves felt like pins were being stuck in them.

-29C!!!!!

Of course, we've had a wonderfully warm winter with little snow, so I'm not complaining about this minor glitch. By the weekend its supposed to be -4C again.

I'm finding it hard to get motivated to move at all though. And trips in the car? No way. I'll stay home and do some weights instead.

ellis 02-16-2006 12:06 PM

Welcome to all the new people! :wave:

It's snowing like the dickens here in Ottawa. There's ice beneath the snow, and I just fell full length on the sidewalk, clutching my grocery bags. :(
It's not cold, though! Only -18C with the windchill. Practically balmy. :lol3:

srmb60 02-16-2006 12:39 PM

We've got that icy thing happening here too. My son is home not brick-laying today, ran out to his truck for something and slipped and fell coming back in.

DragonTush 02-16-2006 01:16 PM

Hi everyone!

It's a blustery -25 here today and I am sick..so expect to see some whining here lol. Looks like most of the country is stuck with this eh?

I haven't walked or worked out all week...blech...the whole family has been sick and is still sick:dizzy: . I miss my workouts (and who knew that would ever be possible ;) ??

I need to get myself a good workout DVD...that walking one I have is way too annoying....I'm going to look for WATP DVDs. I have heard they are pretty good....just please tell me the person "instructing' is not annoying lol.

Have a good day all!

christina_dawn 02-16-2006 05:05 PM

Hi!
I'm from wonderful hub of the maritimes Moncton, home of the city that finds a way to loose money on a huge Rolling Stones concert, lol.
Looks like tomorrow is going to be crummy weather, but a good day to be inside painting the bf's pool room.
Haven't been on a plan officially yet. Just trying to cut back on the bad stuff. Though I've been leaning towards the WW Core plan here at home. Or joining LA Weight Loss Center when it gets here in the Summer.

mareh 02-16-2006 07:08 PM

Hi folks :) I'm new here, and live in (currently!) sunny Vancouver. Love that the sunshine is finally back, but not loving how chilly it's been lately. Now that it's sunny again, it's not so difficult to convince myself to lace up and get walking.

I'm also starting doing Weight Watchers with all my mum's duplicate info on Sunday. Wish me commitment!

Nice to meet you all!

da fat n da furious 02-16-2006 11:57 PM

Welcome Mareh, all the best in your commitment, may your laces never tangle.

meowee 02-17-2006 07:32 AM

A great big welcoming :hug: for the newbies, Christina and Mareh, and a hearty Good Morning for everybody else. Hope all the slippers and sliders and sickies are soon feeling better.

Well, thanks, everybody . . . the cold weather is on its way east. Expected high today is +10. Expected high tomorrow is -10. If that's as cold as it gets, I guess we'll still be doing pretty good.

Have a great day, everybody and try to stay warm (and upright). :carrot:

srmb60 02-17-2006 08:48 AM

It is wicked here today! They actually pulled the clearing equipment off the roads! It's not looking good for my evening shift!