3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Calling all Canadians! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/72133-calling-all-canadians.html)

Hockeychic 01-18-2006 10:43 AM

Hey there fellow Canadians. I am just north of Newmarket.

I have about 45 pds to lose, I have 2 vacations planned this year and would like to look alot better in the photos then I did last year.:(

I am just eatting better and moving more. I am thinking about switching to South Beach for a kick start but haven't decided yet.

Kim

hefty1 01-20-2006 10:10 AM

:wave: how is everyone? the weather here is great
glen

ellis 01-20-2006 10:17 AM

Hi Glen and everyone else! :wave:
It's a balmy 0 at the moment, and going up to 6 today! We ARE all in Celsius here, right? :lol:
Come ON spring!!! :hat:

srmb60 01-20-2006 10:31 AM

It was 8 at midnight. It's 3 now and we've got a winter storm warning! odd weather.

Enterprise 01-20-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hefty1
:wave: how is everyone? the weather here is great
glen

The weather here is awesome. It got up to 11 celsius today. :)

I'm doing great. I've been busy browsing online dating sites
in search of the next man in my life. Hopefully he will be a LOT better then the last. :)

susie_sunshine 01-20-2006 07:52 PM

Was not snowed in the other day but should have been! my highway was not fit for woman or beast! I live west of Winnipeg in a tiny little town that is always overlooked by the snowplow!

Roses4me 01-21-2006 06:28 PM

Hi: Former Canuck here, born and raised in Regina Sask, now living in Washington State. Lovely and green here!! Wouldn't move back to Sask. for anything, although I do visit my family in rural Manitoba about three times a year. I am doing the LA Weight Loss program, slow going though as I am almost 70!

Rosie

chimo2u 01-21-2006 11:02 PM

Hello from NewBrunswick!

Hello fellow Canucks! My name is Marie. Currently, my family and I make our home in the Atlantic Canadian province of NewBrunswick. We are a military family, so who knows where our next "home" will be?!! Most likely back west to Edmonton, Alberta this summer. My weightloss since Sept has been 30lbs. I am working out hard because I want to join the military this year, myself. I have 34 more lbs to go to reach my goal of 150lbs. I am glad to find people close to home with common goals! Good Luck!
Marie

meowee 01-21-2006 11:25 PM

Nova Scotia reporting in . . . a little town called Pictou in the north eastern corner of the mainland part of the province. . . actually just across the Northumberland Strait from PEI. Originally from Toronto, Ontario, then transplanted to Kitchener for about 10 years, and then down here since 1994. Will probably go back to Ontario (relatives in the Barrie area) eventually now that I've retired . . . well, maybe . . . but life is soooo easy-going down here . . . it really is a slower pace than Ontario.

Anyway, here I am again, (since January 2006, don't let that original date distract you), trying to lose to get healthier. Working on sort-of a cross between WW and CDA guidelines since I'm diabetic and taking various medications for it including insulin which, unfortunately makes it even easier to gain and harder to lose.

Talk to you all again soon.

ellis 01-21-2006 11:57 PM

You lucky Easterners... DH and I love it "out there". It's so beautiful, and the pace really does seem slower. Lovely people, too.
We're just about due for an ocean fix. Maybe this summer. :)

meowee 01-22-2006 09:04 AM

Hi Again.

For some reason, unknown to me (since I'm really "from away", I guess), you go "out West" but "down East". Sooooo, if you want your 'ocean fix' to be the Atlantic . . . "come on down" :dizzy:

ellis 01-23-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowee
For some reason, unknown to me (since I'm really "from away", I guess), you go "out West" but "down East".

:lol: I forgot about that. Bizarre, eh?

I hope everyone got out to vote today! :wave:

susie_sunshine 01-23-2006 08:32 PM

It's freezing rain here- rain in Manitoba in January? Everyone be on the lookout for flying donkeys!

Linds81 01-23-2006 10:00 PM

Hello! I'm Lindsay from Ottawa! I'm doing LAWL, and I've just started by going to the gym 3 days a week! I need to give big time props to all you ladies going to the gym 6 times a week! I have about 40 pounds that I want to start by losing... once i hit 160...who knows where I will want to be!

Hope all you Canadians enjoyed election day! I personally am very excited to think that I wont be seeing any more campagne ads on tv!

hefty1 01-23-2006 11:51 PM

do you live near falcon lake susie sunshine. my family had a cottage at falcon lake. :) glen