3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Calling all Canadians! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/72133-calling-all-canadians.html)

meowee 01-24-2006 09:31 AM

Good Morning, All

Welcome to you, Lindsay. :hug: Afraid I have to agree . . . the best thing about the election is that it is now over. Sorry state of affairs, but unfortunately true.

Have a great day everybody.

mishakal30 01-24-2006 04:44 PM

I am in Brampton Ontario .. born in Newfoundland and raised in New Brunswick. Ontario is a fantastic province but I still get homesick :(

Did WW a while back with some success but I stopped when I changed jobs and put it all back on (plus they invited their friends too!) Back on WW program again although I am doing it on my own this time. I work out 3-5 times a week (cardio and weights). Just kind of plugging along trying to always keep in mind that this weight loss journey is a marathon and not a sprint.

susie_sunshine 01-24-2006 05:45 PM

I'm about 3 hours from falcon lake!

Hockeychic 01-25-2006 09:54 AM

Hey there everyone.!!!!!!

Getting back on track after a few days of no diet or exercise and I really feel icky.....It just shows that if you eat right and exercise you will feel great.

I am just back on the band wagon, into stage 2 of South Beach. I don't want to do stage one as I like my oatmeal and brown rice but I figure those are "good" carbs so that is OK.

Exercise should be breeze now, just got a 9 week old puppy. Lab/Collie/Husky cross.....one big fur ball right now but she will grow quick.
Her name is Bailey.....can you guess what my favorite after dinner drink is.....lol

Have a great day

Kim

nymmy 01-25-2006 01:34 PM

Hi, I'm Vanessa. I live in Prince George, BC :)

meowee 01-25-2006 04:43 PM

Almost Everywhere

Don't ask what possessed me, I do have other things to do, but I decided to count us. Here is the tally of the provinces we represent ----

Ontario (20), Manitoba (3), British Columbia (3), Alberta (2), Saskatchewan (2), New Brunswick (2), Yukon (1), Quebec (1), Nova Scotia (1) Newfoundland/Labrador (1)

Although 5 of us have been transplanted to the US and our Newfie is currently in Ontario, the country is pretty well blanketed from coast to coast. We only need a representative from the North West Territories and another from Prince Edward Island to really complete the set.

:woo: :woo: :woo:

Peppahmint 01-25-2006 06:07 PM

Hi! :) I'm Mel and I live in C. Nice to meet you all! Love to hear from some of you.

meowee 01-26-2006 10:17 AM

Nice to meet you, Mel :hug: and good morning to everyone else, too :hug:

We seem to have missed the blizzard they were telling us we'd be getting overnight, but who knows what today will bring. The one weather phenomenon you can count on down here is change.

My personal morning isn't all bright and sunny either. My blood sugar is a little higher than I'd like it to be this AM and I don't know why. Oh well, this too will pass. BS can vary for all sorts of reasons. I try not to let it get me down, but it does :(

Other than that, things are looking up. The new belt for my vacuum has finally arrived so I can pick up some of the cat hair. Wow, it's scary when you can get excited about housework. :D

Have a great day, everbody. Talk at you soon.

hefty1 01-30-2006 09:18 AM

meowe try cutting down on the carbs and desserts. :) glen

almost there 01-30-2006 10:58 PM

MISHAKAL-i have relatives in Newfoundland and I was raised in Brampton. My parents and sister still live there! my parents live in the Conestoga/Bovaird area and my sister lives off of Sandalwood somewhere! Did you go to school in Brampton?

da fat n da furious 01-31-2006 09:45 AM

Hello All,
Angie from Calgary Alberta, Ive been doing WW since end of Sept.

meowee 01-31-2006 05:27 PM

Hello, Angie, welcome aboard. Hope to see you here often.

da fat n da furious 01-31-2006 11:07 PM

Have to admit I started in one group,,,love that group and have stayed there for over 2 years then this past 2 months have found this group and another! This is fantastic.
This morning was a wake up call I didn't like,,,*sigh welcome to Alberta! It had snowed pretty heavy during the night,,,they had said it would be plus 11 today,,,hmmm not!

mishakal30 02-01-2006 07:25 AM

almost there... no, I didn't go to school in Brampton. I moved here in 2000 and I like it well enough. I know the conestoga/bovaird area (heartlake). There are some nice places up that way. I live in the Hurontario/Steeles area at the moment. Saving for a townhouse but I still have a long way to go. It's unbelievable the cost of housing here! When was the last time you were here? The place has grown so much in the short time I have been here I can barely keep track.

chem 02-01-2006 08:22 PM

Meowee - does a transplanted Islander count? I've been living in Alberta since last fall, about half an hour from Edmonton. Not really by choice. The whole family is homesick, but at least we're making a living out here. =)

Low carbing for the past couple of weeks, and trying to work out a few times a week, but I have a motivation problem. =P After seeing this site and how motivated and successful so many of you have been though - it's giving me a bit of a push!