Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #106  
Losing for Life!

Well, I am having a pretty good week so far. I did 20 minutes with RS yesterday afternoon and another 15 minute walk this morning so I am feeling strong! I will try to do another tape this afternoon. I want to get up to doing 3-15 minutes segments of exercise every day. I have been having some sugar cravings so I know that I overdid the sugar last week. I have to remember how insidious sugar is, everytime I eat some I want more and I don't really realize it. I must make sure to pay attention to that. You all are staying strong and doing great!

rollmdl: Sounds like a nice dinner, don't forget to include some veggies. You are doing well with your aerobics, keep it up!

chaarli: Good job with your walking! What can we do to help with your eating plan? What is it you want to change? Do you follow any kind of program? Let us know so we can help!

Blondee51: Wow Brenda, it sounds like you have a gym hidden under your desk! That is great! Not eating at night is a tough habit to break and not eating well watching t.v. for 3 days, you are fantastic!

Leigh: You are staying on a good track, making good choices for snacks is so important.

1 Fat Momma: One of the biggest mistakes overweight people make when dieting is not eating enough! Make sure you are eating what you need. That means 3 meals and two snacks. I eat 1.5 cups of raspberries, 1/2cup of ff yogurt and 1/2 cup of flax granola for breakfast. Then I have some protien for snack like a harboiled egg and some wheat thins, or a pear with some cheese. If you are not on a program ask your doctor how many calories he/she recommends you have for your weight. Then use a program like fitday to track your food intake. It really works to eat to lose!

Jenn: You can make lot's of great choices when you are celebrating. You might want to take no more than a tablespoon of everything you like or you could choose only low cal items for the evening. Make sure you eat something that tastes good and is filling before you go. A high fiber snack with a little protein can really help keep you from choosing poorly.

Jailene: You are doing great with your excercise. Food wise, I always try to eat veggies with both my lunch and dinner. And I stick with whole grains like brown rice and whole grain breads.

Vonne78: How about an exercise ball? You can keep it in the back and sit on it at break times and for part of your lunch break. Just balancing on it is supposed to be a great thing for the bodies core. Or you could walk the store, just increase your pace and walk all over, it is recommended that we do 10,000 steps a day to be moderatly active!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #107  

Yvonne, You might try taking some weights with you. Maybe like 3lb ones if you haven't been using any, to start out with. That would be a great way to get some strength training in and you don't need much space. It really makes a difference. Remember: More muscle burns more calories. And it great for your bones too.
Rivergal60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #108  

Hi all. I just finished my exercise for the day- 45 min on the elliptical and 25 min of abs (oh, my abs are already sore!!). I am eating well but my downfall is always between the hours on 7 and 10 PM. I get the munchies something terrible and generally end up eating something with sugar or chocolate. Before the holidays, DH, DS and I would go for evening runs but it has been raining for 2 weeks here so we haven't been running. Today is the first day it has been really nice but I doubt we will go for a run tonight as the USC v. Texas game is on tonight. I just have to find something to do OTHER than munch at night. I am not hungry, I just eat. I have taken up knitting so maybe I'll pull that out tonight while watching the football game so I don't snack. I'll let you know tomorrow how I did.
AnVy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #109  

Yvonne....not really good to stay under 1200 calories. 1200 Cals is the minimum requirement and I dont think you want your metabolism going slow? The more calories, the higher your metabolism.....I would say it would be better to stay above 1200. Anyone agree? Disagree?

I have been losing an average of 5-8 pounds a week and keeping my cals between 1300-1500 with exercise as well. I just dont want to see all your hard work platue quicker than you would like to.

Ciao Chica
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:56 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 228/216/145

Height: 5'9"

HI there! Is it ok that I join the challenge? New here to 3 fat chicks, and need something to keep me going!

I'm at 205, and would like to be at 185 by April fool's day.
Jennyt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #111  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

I put in a good weight lifting work out yesterday and learned a valuable secret. I always felt I was not getting enough out of the weights. Until the husband told me to do a set of machines then do another set then do another set and no rest time in between or very little and the second time bump up the weights if I can . So I did and I felt it. That time I actually came away feeling the weights were doing something. I also did a mile on the eliptical.
I do have to change some things in my eating habits thou. Track my calories and give up the coffee and the bottled tea that i was using to weene myself off the pop. I have been pop free for many years and now its time to completly let the sugar go.
Today I will hit the gym when the husband comes home from work. I would bike up to the gym but its still a little chillly for me.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:20 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 228/216/145

Height: 5'9"

Great advice your husband gave you! My gf at work used to date a wrestler - and he told her the same thing - to bump up the weight for each set. It really pushes you!!!

I worked out on Monday and Tuesday - I"m doing mostly cardio right now... I want to lose the weight before I put on the muscle!! (well, some of the muscle anyway!!)

Monday I started (1st time in a LONG time) - treadmill for 15 minutes
eliptical for 15 minutes, and then did some leg excercizes for about 30 minutes.

Yesterday - eliptical for 30, and a cool down on the treadmill for 10.

Today I will use my eliptical for at least 20 (this one is a little harder than the one at the gym) tomorrow I'm back to the gym until sunday.
Jennyt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #113  

Sheri & Rivergal those are both great ideas I have some small weights at home and I have been wanting to get an excersise ball so now I have a reason. Thank you both!
Morgan, you're right I normally try to keep my calories about 1300-1500 but, yesterday I pretty much didn't do anything except lay in bed (had a terrible headache)...So I thought it was good that I kept my calories low. I'm still learning though so bare with me.I do value the good advice so keep it coming.
(Oh! and I heard that eating something small every 3-4 hours keeps your metabolism up is that right? I hope so because that's what I've been doing)
Thank you ladies and good luck!
Vonne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Guys thanks for being so encouraging.
I'm trying to do WW by myself..I've been to meetings heaps before but just can't justify the cost at the present time.
I know what I have to do it's just keeping motivated and organised.
My goal this week is to track everything...even the bad days.
Next week I will look at planning each day ahead of time..I just can't be bothered this week, still in holiday mode.
Last year I lost 15 kilos with JC but I can't afford to go back there..and since then I've put on 5 kilos that I now have to lose again..aarrgghh!
I know I can do this..this will be my year to finally get down to my goal and stay there.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #115  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

If you want a good way to keep track of your cals www.fitday.com I plan my day of eating fitness a day ahead of time then check it off in my journal.

Leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #116  

oh grrr i did a post this morning and now it's gone i will have to come back and post. off for a short walk to the shops to do some errands and buy bananas to have with my breakfast (yes i'm having a late breakfast. i started with a litre of water and lemon juice as i o/d'd last night on wine and sugar and i wanted to give my system a chance to settle

back all soon. love this vibrant and exciting thread. love all the support
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #117  

Hi everyone, Just a quick check in. Everyone seems to be doing well on their new journey to a heathier life. I have had a good day today. I went to curves, and ate pretty good. I weighed myself today and I'm down 3lbs. I stood on the scale for a couple of minutes in disbelief. It's great. I am getting weighed and measured for the month on the 10th of this month at curves, so I'm hoping to add to that number
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #118  

how do you change the tracker to show a loss?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #119  

Old 01-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #120  

I want to get in on this!

I want to lose 13 for this challenge.
racegirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote