Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-05-2006, 06:57 AM   #136  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Talking Ok my turn to check in...

I did good yesterday I keep my cals at 1551 and did a pilates workout before I went to bed I am not that sore today...I will be getting up early next week to do pilates and walk at 1pm then do a small workout at night..I am trying to burn more cals that I take in.
I am eating more fruit and I will eat some carrots to day at lunch. I hope that helps..

Well talk to yall later
Leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:11 AM   #137  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Default Darby - plantar fasciitis

Hi Darby - I am so sorry you are dealing with plantar fasciitis - I had it last year (well 2004) all through the summer and fall, then in the winter, I actually had walked funny on my foot for so long that I got a stress fracture and had to be in a cast! I had a real cast for I think 12 weeks and then wore a velcro cast for about another month. Even after that I couldn't walk long or wear most of my shoes. I still had to do the things I mention below before I was totally well. Which - to give you hope - I am. It is completely gone and some days I have walked up to 9 miles! (But usually only 4). You will get well from this eventually, but it does take time sometimes, longer for some than others.

Fascia is the tissue that covers your muscles - plantar basically means the bottom of your foot (I am a medical transcriptionist and also read extensively on this problem when I had it). So, plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the tissue that covers the muscle in the bottom of your foot. That muscle attaches to your Achilles tendon, which gets pulled on by your calf muscle every time you step. For this reason, even though it is a minor injury, it can take forever to heal.

I do have some advice though, so that maybe yours won't get so bad like mine did! I am not a doctor - so these are just my opinions about what helped me.

#1) If you have hardwood floors - DO NOT WALK ON THEM BAREFOOT - EVER - NOT EVEN DOWN THE HALL TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AT NIGHT - JUST NO BARE FEET ON THEM!!!

#2) This helped me tremendously to get well and I still do it every morning -
Before you get out of bed, scrunch your feet up as if you were trying to pick something up with your toes. Do this repeatedly. Also do calf stretches and do the ABC's with your toes. (pretend to write the alphabet in the air with your toes).

#3) This seems like the opposite of what you should do - but it helps - find shoes that have flexible soles (to allow your foot to move naturally) but also have good arch support - the heel should be an inch or so higher than the the toe area - not flat!!! The flatter the shoes are, which seems like what you need - but is not, the more the fascia continues to be stretched. Wearing a slight heel on your shoes will allow the fascia to rest.

#4) Ice - freeze a bottle of water - every evening, put a towel on the floor, put the bottle of ice on it, and roll your foot over it repeatedly for about 20 minutes or so.

This is an injury that is very common to - BASKETBALL PLAYERS - think about what they do - pound on hard wood floors with their feet! I can't stress enough that you just cannot walk on hardwood floors without your shoes!!

From the podiatrist, you may want to try injections - which did not help me, but have helped others that I know who have had this. They may also suggest orthotics for your shoes, which help some people and do not help others.

In the meantime, a good exercise program you might like is Oxycise.

I hope you are feeling better soon!
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:20 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

My diet is slowly coming along...this is day 5 and it feels like a month!
I did well yesterday, I stayed within my points and got about 2hours of walking in. I find now that I am home on christmas break I can do this, because I have nothing else really to do, but once I get back to university and work I will be bombarded with stress and give up, and I am going back on Sunday I just have to keep strong and motivated. I read somewhere in a post that it is no good to blame weight issues on stress because your stressed out in school, then your stressed out in work...so basically the stress never ends, so I might as well move on and do this
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #139  

Morgan,Don't worry it didn't seem like you were trying to tell me what to do at all. I really value the good advice from someone whose been through what I'm trying to do.
All the help I can get the better... And it's good to know I'm on the right path eating every 3-4 hours.
Sheri - thanks for the good advice too! I think I'll pick some up for snacks here at the office.
Good Luck today ladies.
Vonne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:15 AM   #140  

Default we shall see...

havent weighed in a few days, but i have my eating under control.... yay! now i just need to get my water up..... and more exersize, but i feel like i leapt the first hurdle, which is convincing myself that i can eat within plan and not DIE! used fitday to calculate calories and percentages of carbs, fat, protein in what i have been eating, also looked at calories burned for my body size (omg i had to be like gorging myself to eat more than that many calories a day) versus calorie intake. i guess the proof is in the pudding tho (mmmm, pudding........ lol) and we will see if it actually worked when i hop on that scale this weekend.
Jailene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #141  
Cynical RedHead

Hi, I am just dropping in to say hello! I haven't lost any weight since new years (i know, it's been only 5 days!) but haven't gained any either. This has been a very stressful week for me and my family and I haven't been checking in for support like i should.

It is good to see that everyone is doing allright. Darby, I hope you are managing your plantar fascitis - icmethinner has given some great advice.

Unless I pay for an internet connection on my cruise, i won't be checking back in for about a week and a half. Wish me luck with all that free food around! Fortunately, the gym on the ship looks really nice. Plus snorkeling and swimming every day, I should do okay!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #142  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Danzer - are you allowed to eat in class? If you always get hungry then maybe you could bring a cup of yogurt and a piece of fruit. Or if you can't eat in class bring it with you so that you can eat it after class or on the bus ride home. Just a thought...
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #143  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Hello crew!
Jeeze...I am SO far behind so will just jump in here..whew! What a great group and lots of activity! GOOD JOBBY!!

I am entering Day five........have had 4 nights of eating at the table, NO munching while watching TV or otherwise engaged. Still haven't gotten the portion control thing down real good, but seriously workin' on it. I will invite God to my table for each meal and I think that will help me. I live alone and can get into a lot of "trouble" with no-one watchin'! LOL! Hey, Ya'll come to my table! LOL!
I can "pretend" like nobody's business! I have a limited budget so invent an imaginary personal trainer etc.

I hope to make time to play catch up and "meet" some of ya'll later! I'm like 5 pages behind at least!
Have a blessed, productive, on-plan day! I will as well......
Bren
Blondee51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #144  
banned

teahoney - yeah she did say we could eat in class i think. that's a great idea...that way i can get a serving of fruit in! thanks!
Danzer5570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:56 PM   #145  
Losing for Life!

I did another 20 minute walk this morning and took my boys and the dog with me, I might as well get everyone going on this! It sure feels good to be active again. It is so easy to get used to sitting on my butt doing nothing, I feel even more energized now that I am getting fresh air and exercise every morning.

Chaarli: From what I have heard the Wendi Plan is great for when you plateau, the changes shake your metabolism up and you get back to losing.

Jodi: You are right on track!

DrangonTush: Welcome, the challenge is any goal you set yourself so be sure you are comfortable with the 30 it can be less if you need it to be. You are doing great 3 pounds already! Keep posting and checking in, it really keeps my energry up to have you all to talk to!

Tipsygypsy: You are do great too! I am thinking about taking some ballroom dance classes when I reach a lower weight, I may have to look at the Carmen electra tape too.

Shannon: Sorry you are under the weather. You know what your body needs best so take care and don’t worry we will be here when you need us!

Darby: I too suffered from Plantar Fasciitis (Heel Spurs) I had it in both heels and was totally unable to walk without canes. I couldn’t even get out of bed in the morning without severe pain. My doctor recommended Physical Therapy which I did, doing the exercises faithfully and having electric shock thereapy at the therapists office. It was not a success. The she said she could do cortisone shots but it would be a one time thing, she did them and that was about 7 years ago now and I haven’t had a twinge since. Losing weight will help for sure also. Way to go with the fudge! We have been throwing and giving away chocolate all through the holidays, why do people bring me chocolates?
Yes the Lemon Zinger is a herbal tea, I am going to try all kinds of flavors to keep from getting bored with the water.

Heather: Wow you have a busy day going there. Try to take a low calorie bar or something with some protein for a snack at class, you must want to eat the first thing you see when you come out. I know it is hard to find the time when you have so much to do but if you are eating well you will have more energy and be able to retain more of what you are reading. Take care of yourself!

Sonja: Herbal Teas and Green teas are very good for you, Green Tea is very low in caffeine about 20mg per 6 ounce cup so you would have to drink 3-4 to equal what is in most coffees. I know you are getting in lot’s of regular water as well so you don’t need to worry about having tea as well.

Rollmdl: Every time you make a change you are improving, not eating until you felt sick is a great step forward, I changed the amount of food I was cooking so now I only cook enough for the 4 of us instead of food for 6.

Leigh: Good job with the exercise, you are doing great!

Jenn: If you can do 2 hours of walking you are off to a great start. Maybe you can start each day at school 15 minutes earlier and use that time for a quick walk it will energize you and get your metabolism working and every little bit counts.

Jailene: Good for you! One step at a time and the eating is a big step.

Fishwoman: I know you will do fine on your cruise, there are a lot of great low fat foods available and tables of fruit and veggies. Everything in moderation and you won’t have to deny yourself the things you really want.

Brenda: I have an idea for you. I went to the goodwill store and found myself 3 very nice small plates about 8” ones that are very pretty and that is what I use for my meals, my DH and DS both use the regular Dinner plates but I have my special plates that make me feel good and it keeps me from feeling like I am not getting enough. You can pretend we are dining together on our nice pretty plates!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:32 PM   #146  

Default is it just me?

so, i forgot my little water bottle at home today, and had to get a glass from the kitchen at work. wow! drinking the water from a glass seems much easier? i have had 4 12 oz glasses today since 10:30......

anyone else find this easier?
Jailene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #147  
Working on Hot!

yes I have a 32 oz cup I got from Subway and I fill it 3 times a day...I do not even have to thing about how much I am drinking
Old 01-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #148  
Under construction

Height: 5'3"

Same here. I just keep a huge glass of water on my desk and refill it as needed. And it's all I ever drink, so I KNOW I'm doing okay.

Not to mention I'm in the bathroom every fifteen minutes, so yeah, that's another clue. *blush*
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:07 PM   #149  
Working on Hot!

My eyes are floating all the time lol
Old 01-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 166/159/140

did anyone watch Biggest Loser last night? They did an entire weight loss journey in 2 hours and the results were incredible (over 5 mos real time).
It was so motivating to see these families give it their all and lose more than 100 lbs. Next Weds. it is on again with engaged couples. Keep the motivation coming.
Other than that I am staying on plan and working out with Billy Blanks every morning. His Boot Camp series is a GREAT workout. I am also using fitday.com and it really helps to see where you lack will power and self-control. I have my dh doing fitday and he is going to a gym so hopefully we can motivate each other.
Of course having a root canal today is another great way to not eat alot, but I do not recommend doing this at home!!
sunshine06 is offline   Reply With Quote