Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2005, 12:17 AM   #16  

We ALL have bad days, believe me. I don't think I've ever had THIS many assignments to complete in a single week.
Congrats about your award from school! This is the biggest coincidence, but I just picked up my scholarship cheque from school today as well.
I've had a pretty good eating day, except for the low-fat fruit bar I had from *sigh* Starbucks.

I hate it when hunger takes over. I guess when that happens, make sure you fill yourself up with nutritious foods, like chicken or salad (as you said in an earlier post). I keep telling myself that unhealthy food will only ADD to my frustration. And if there's one thing I don't need more of, it's FRUSTRATION!

I hope you feel better soon! And if you ever have to vent...you know this is the place...
MissyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I *do* feel better this morning, although it is 4:19am and I can't sleep so I figured just get up and perhaps workout before school or get some extra work in.

I am ready as ever to get back on plan today and do the best I can! MissyK we will do this. No matter what nothing and no one should hold us back from being where we want to be. I am just anticipating finally being at a lower weight and I know it will come if I don't waste time looking at failures but forgetting and moving on as though it never happened.

Hmmm now what to get started with? I guess anywhere is better than no where...off I go to accomplish some work

Have a great day and you can bet I will be drinking some coffee today!
cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 01:56 AM   #18  

This is AWESOME! I've 2lbs! And it's not just water weight! How do I know? I ate CRAZY amounts of food today, and then stepped on the scale expecting a gain...

I haven't been eating little, either. I guess the exercise makes a big difference. The cool thing is, it's not even "gym" exercise. IT's what I love, like ballroom dancing and running from classroom to classroom without taking the elevator. Ok...well I don't exactly like the latter. Hm.

ANyway, I didn't eat well today, but here goes:
B: frosted flakes and milk
L: raspberry scone (booo)
S: 5 onion rings ( i had a full order, but couldn't put myself through the guilt)
D: chicken and vegetables, cream of mushroom soup
S: vanilla latte and half a heart cookie
S: apple pie (my dad made it...and he gets mad when i don't eat his cooking)

WOW I'm a bottomless pit.

Cyndy, I'm curious. Where do you like to shop? Just asking, because I'm excited about heading off to the States on Valentines day to do some shopping. My fave shops (American and Canadian): Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, American Eagle and any store that sells The North Face gear.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:45 AM   #19  

Hey you!!!

That is AAAMAZING!!!! Good for you, MissyK! I am so so so happy for you So how far are you to goal now? I can't remember where you are with that exactly - and where have you placed your goal weight now, is it the same still? Sorry my memory is failing me!

I am getting back on track with my eating again. I am going to start working out everyday and actually getting to that soon...I do have to go out to lunch today but I'll just be careful.

As far as where I like to shop...I don't have a particular favourite store. I like stores that I usually can't afford! Because I live close to Toronto and am usually downtown because of school I pass through the Eaton Centre almost daily. I love the clothes in Guess and their other store Marciano. There is another store called Bebe which again is out of my price range but I like looking around in there. I don't know if you have the store where you live because I think it is the only one in Canada but nice stuff. Aritzia is also one of my fav's. For athletic wear, Lululemon has nice fitting yoga-inspired clothes...hmmm maybe you shouldn't have gotten me on the subject But have fun shopping in the states - I am so jealous!!!

Ciao for now
Cyndy
Old 01-31-2005, 02:10 AM   #20  

Gosh...Lululemon...$108 dollars for spandex. Hehe...it's darn sexy spandex, though. I LOVE IT!

Anyway...I noticed your new progress chart! Congrats! Also, it looks alot better...small goals are the key. To recap, I went from 105lbs (my goal) to 120lbs.

I ate like crazy yesterday...my friends and I went to a classy restaurant and had a 3 course meal (it's Dine-Out Festival in British Columbia). Although I just had the seafood sampler, the lemon cheesecake was..errr. I also ate alot before dinner, since I went to see Hide and Seek with my friends, who MUST order popcorn and cheesy nachos. I also had alot to drink...Baileys Irish Cream, Russian Paralyzer AND my friend's Erotica. I must of had 3000 calories!!! Ohhh noo.

I worked today, so I did fairly well...

B: Peaches n Cream oatmeal and cheesestrings.
L: Rice, grilled vegetables, ribs
D: Chicken, lettuce, rice noodles
S: coffee, tea

I'm trying have a balance of protein and carbs in each meal, so I feel don't feel nutritionally deprived. You're right...eating a more "nutritious" breakfast leaves me satisfied for the day.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:31 PM   #21  

Hey you,

Well things have gone so-so today. I am just not having a spectacular day, and ate more than I wish I did, BUT I took some advice you gave me a long time ago about drinking water when you feel the urge to binge. ALL I want to do tonight is binge. I guess b/c eating today wasn't the perfect 1200-1400 calories I feel I already did badly. However, I stuck it out and drank water and ate some carrots before, now I think I can make it until I go to bed without binging.

Slowly, very slowly, I am losing. So happy about that. I have committed more than I have in years, and in retrospect, it really isn't that hard (now THAT'S quite a statement!). But really when you think about it, once you make the decision to do it and want it bad enough, there is just no going back to the old way of doing things. I do workout everyday and like tonight, I just won't allow binging.

The important thing for me is not to think too much of the future but today. Today is enough for me to worry about

I notice that you usually eat B,L,D mainly. Do you ever feel reallly hungry between meals? I find I can't do the three meals thing, but than again maybe I still need some time for my stomach to shrink. How big are your portions? Do you measure the food? Sorry for all the questions but I love learning from experts!

Good night,
Cyndy
Old 02-03-2005, 01:56 AM   #22  

OH my goodness. I think I'm tearing up. CONGRATULATIONS on your weightloss!!! Doesn't it feel great to see that chart thingy change? I've been messing around with it, and I still don't know how to update it.

I try to have B,L,D because small meals don't satisfy me. My portions are usually prepared. I mean, when I have oatmeal, it's in a package, so I make sure I only have one bowl. I eat sushi often, which comes in a box of six pieces. As for dinner, it's never really appealing for me to eat at home, so I don't eat much. I can't control myself when I eat out, though. Last night, I ate at Denny's at 11:30pm!!! I felt horrible...

But to answer your question, I DO feel hungry between meals. The worst time for me is from 12-2pm. I eat breakfast at 10am. I guess my body craves food at that time because for the last...19 years I've had lunch at that time. I now eat lunch at around 2pm, because that's when class is over. The period between lunch and dinner isn't so bad, though.

You are SO right about not thinking about the future. I haven't been doing well these two days because I keep worrying about this weekend (eating out).

What kind of workouts are you doing? I only get to ballroom dance these days. GOOD NEWS! My partner said I felt thinner. That's the cool thing about contact hobbies...people can "feel" your weight loss progress. Even if it IS only 2lbs.

Do your clothes feel looser?
Old 02-05-2005, 09:28 AM   #23  

Hey girl,

I waited a couple days to reply because the morning I read your post I was in such a bad mood because the night before I got so hungry prior to bedtime that I ate 2 bowls of cereal, 1/2 cinnamon raisin bagel etc...and my weight jumped up 3 lbs the next morning! I was livid! I tried to be logical and tell myself it is just water weight from the carbs...and I think it was...phew! My weight appears to have leveled back down this morning unless that has something to do with all the drinks last night..oye...went clubbing...

But now I realize the importance of WHAT you eat. The past couple days I haven't been eating low calories, heck I didnt even count cals. But I basically am cutting out refined carbs and that seems to be making a difference. Will keep you posted on that front.

Good for you with the ballroom dancing! I would absolutely LOVE to do that but when I did it awhile ago I couldnt stick with it because it is VERY expensive too! Perhaps I should check out some other places. I love dancing. And the fact that your partner said you feel thinner! That would make my day! Congrats!!

For exercise I have been either going on the treadmill or doing this workout called T-tapp - it is difficult so I can only make it about 1/4 way through the tape. I really feel it in the back of my thighs this morning

Well, I am in better spirits and I hope things are going well for you!

Oh yes, and I wanted to tell you about clothes fitting better!! I didn't think there was any difference but the other day I put on a pair of jeans that were too uncomfortable to wear before but they slid on pretty easily so I guess something is working.

Chat soon,
Cyndy

Last edited by cyndy; 02-05-2005 at 09:29 AM. Reason: forgot something!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:14 PM   #24  

Hey MissyK,

I'm gonna have to make this reply short because I'm really rushed right now, but I felt like saying hi.

I hope you are doing okay as I havent heard from you, but I am guessing you're swamped with school work - me too!

I havent weighed myself in a few days but I seem to be yo-yoing between 3 lbs constantly and therefore at a stand still or gaining weight. Not happy at all but whats new. Just havent been able to stay on track.

Oh boy, not much else to say Just gotta keep on tryin'!
Old 02-11-2005, 01:26 AM   #25  

Wow, I've never been more stressed! I'm not kidding, everyday this week, I've had either an essay or assignment due, or a midterm! I have two midterms tomorrow! TOday I just had my French oral examination! Gaah!

I really haven't been trying to diet, or even eat healthy as of late. WEll, I'd eat healthy during the day. Then, to stay awake for my late night cram sessions, I'd sip on tea, coffee, and munch on cookies, bread, and other junk. I know it's absolutely horrible, but I feel like I have no choice. I can't stay awake and study if I have no energy. But once I start, I can't stop.

I've think I did fine today, though. For breakfast, I had an apple and cheese. For lunch, a slice of veggie deluxe pizza. For dinner, roast chicken and lettuce.

Being an EX-follower of Atkins, I know that refined carbs REALLY do prevent weight loss. So I totally agree with you in saying, "it's WHAT you eat." The thing is, I really like bread and rice. My favorite foods, I've discovered, are subs and sushi.

Oh, as for cereal...I've recently discovered it's EVIL! I bought some, thinking it'd help me lose weight. BUT I ended up eating 2 bowls before bedtime too!!! It's not exactly low in calorie...and it's not filling either. I think it triggers cravings for me. I'm going to stay away from it. Maybe you can consider doing the same? I mean...if you calculate the calories, it's the roughly the same as potato chips.

Congrats on the jeans fitting!

I don't know if you remember, but my first weight loss buddy, who inspired me to find other weight loss buddies on this site, updated me with her progress! She disappeared for a long time. Anyway, she's now 116lbs from 147lbs. Well, when she started buddying up with me, she was 130lbs, I believe. I was so happy for her! She's 5"2, and 16 years old.

I also bought Jay Mcgraw's Ultimate Weight Solution for Teens. I'll see how that goes. I'm going to try to improve my body image first...I hate hating what I see in the mirror.

Back to studying!