Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2004, 08:58 PM   #61  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone! Today I cooked Cambells Fast Fiesta Shepards Pie:

Campbell's® Fast Fiesta Shepherd's Pie
Prep. time: 10 min. Cooking time: 10
Serves: 4
Source: Campbell's® Quick and Easy Cookbook

Ingredients

1 lb. ground beef
1 can Campbell's® Tomato Soup
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
3/4 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 can Campbell's® Cheese Soup
1 cup 2% milk
2 tbsp. butter OR 2 tbsp. margarine
1 1/3 cups Instant Mashed Potato Flakes or Buds
0 Chopped fresh cilantro OR 0 Chopped fresh parsley

Directions

COOK beef in skillet until browned. Pour off fat.
STIR in tomato soup, corn, picante sauce and cumin. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 min.
MIX cheese soup, milk and butter in saucepan. Heat to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in potato flakes. Let stand 30 seconds. Mix with fork until evenly moistened. Drop potatoes by large spoonfuls onto beef mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro.

Yesterday was fun.. my hubby tells me I'm getting too dark! Now whadya think about that!?! I finally found the library, but I have yet to read a book! I can't wait... I haven’t read in a long time! Anyways I need to join in the challenge.. I have been doing HORRIBLE!! I drank 2 real sodas, ate a burger, and two fries, and some skittles! I did exercise for an hour today, but I need to exercise again!!! I bought some sugar free chocolate so that maybe will help with my cravings... I am sooo tired! I have so much to do. I need to finish washing clothes, folding them and etc. I need to wash dishes , take a shower, bathe the kids, clean the living room... etc. I've cleaned up earlier.... but hey it doesn’t stay that way!

I know I missed everyone… …. Sorry!!!!! I think I need to get this fast food thing out of my head… that was my downfall in the first place. I can do it! I have to achieve my goal.. And that is to be healthy… I won’t be like I am doing now. I have stopped journaling and counting and everything! I’m being awful!! Tonight (not tomorrow) I’m going to start at least getting my journaling back on track! Well time has run out! I'm sorry I couldn’t leave comments for everyone! Will talk with everyone later!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:50 PM   #62  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone…

Jaymi…

I am the same way with fast food. It sucks. I have all this will power at home but when we go out to eat (most of the time it’s because I forgot to take something out to defrost the night before) but when we go out everything goes out there door. I’m tired of eating salads hehehe, so I get like a chicken burger or something, but then everything else follows… it’s hard tho… and there’s only so much subway and togos that I can take hehehe

It’s been a busy week. I’ve been running back and forth to my study groups for my CEBST exam. You know, we’re doing good, but neopets and studying don’t mix LOL. Tuesday we ran around mostly looking for other books and software to work with and then we came back to the house and played with our neopets (neopets.com) the games are addicting… then Thursday I come over and we’re playing for over an hour LOL awful! Heheheh then the kid calls me and says she locked herself out, so I have to leave 2 hours into the study session heheh. We’re on a roll, makes me wonder what’s going to happen next week hehehe…I didn’t do much exercise this week, mainly walking. My neck feels better tho so I am hoping to get back to my weight lifting video.

I hope everyone is doing well…

Take care…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:10 PM   #63  
my dad made me1 from wood

Well I'm really depressed This is the second time this has happen to me i can't seem to get out of the car at the public pool i want to go swimming and have fun but i can't do it It's not like i see any skinny skinny girl running around half naked or anything it just this fear someone is going to be looking at me I hate having lifeguards. James really wants to go and feel awful coz he wont go unless im gonna go swim with him i offered to go and sit and watch him with ( with clothes on) its not even like im going swimming in a bathing suit it a top but its like a shirt and then i got some long shorts but i still cant do it and it makes me feel really bad coz i know james really wants to go and i deprieving him of it.......... SORRY IM RAMBLING ON ILL POST REPLIES LATER I PROBABLY GIVE BAD ADVICE RIGHT NOW HEHE
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:11 PM   #64  

Hey everyone! Quick check-in because hubby just went out to go get a drink with the boys... my daughter is sleep, and I need to go exercise... but instead I am here! I'd probably be eating though... so Rather be here! I am soo disappointed in myself... my hubby keeps getting mad at me,, because I kept getting depressed and pissed off... My clothes are getting tight and my stomach is SOOO bloated! I know it could be signs of PMS.. but I doubt it!! I know that I've been eating wrong.. If the scale is right... I gained 5 lbs... 3 back in this week.. That is just cause for me to go jump in the ocean! Weigh-in is tomorrow, so no chance of seeing a loss for this week, and I’m sure in the **** not going to take measurements... The TV dinners I usually get were way too expensive this week, (not on sale) so I have to eat the regular foods.. Well I'll go ahead and stop all of this whining.. my day wasn’t bad really, just the way I feel inside! Like a failure.. anyways.....

I have a cousin and we always made a pact since we were young to never date an ex of the other one... Well one day I was at her house.. mind you I hadn’t really talked to her in a while.... anyways I was opening up her photo albums and I was single at the time. I opened to a pic of this cute guy in his track uniform.. so as I opening my mouth to say "hook me up" That cute dude walks in the door!!!!! It was soooo scary I just closed the book and acted like it never happened! Anyways my cousin was going to college in Houston, and I would try to go out there all the time to spend time with her.. So she would send me with him all the time.. Well me and him would talk on that 2 hr trip... then one day he told me that he liked me and he didn’t like her... Why did he have to say that?!? Needless to say he broke up with her, we ended up dating and now we're married!! (hope that was fewer than 100 words!! ) My cousin was mad at me for a while... because afterwards I didn't tell her we were dating... but now we are back to normal.

Anyways I gotta get my butt up. My daughter has woke up.. so no exercise for me.. I'd love to have a lOOOONNNGG hot bath right now and read my book... but too bad. Tomorrow I have to get up and exercise no matter what! 30 minutes isn't enough to burn off the calories I ate today!!! I didn't eat too much.. but I ate the Shepard’s pie twice, some fruits, and today I cooked:

Campbell's® 2-Step Garlic Pork Chops

Prep. time: 10 min. Cooking time: 10
Serves: 4

Source: Campbell's® Quick and Easy Cookbook

Ingredients

1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 boneless pork chops
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell’s® Cream of Mushroom,
Soup OR 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® 98% Fat
Free Cream of Mushroom Soup, Soup
1/2 cup milk

Directions
HEAT oil in skillet. Add chops and garlic and cook until
browned.
ADD soup and milk. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over
low heat 10 min. or until done. Serve with couscous or
rice if desired.
Tips Also delicious with Campbell's® Cream of Mushroom
with Roasted Garlic Soup; omit garlic.

So... I don't know how many calories that is.. but the rice alone was probably 300... so who knows! Anyways here is a kool article that someone let me in on... oh and it also corroborated with my statement that muscle doesn’t weigh more than fat!!

http://www.truestarhealth.com/member...?id=11ml3p1a43

Well seriously gotta go.. Hope everyone is well!
Old 07-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #65  

hi all.
i am in a real bad slump and every time i tell myself that today is a new day and it is time to start over i end up screwing up again..... will someone come over here and kick my *** in gear?

Peg
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:26 AM   #66  

Hey everyone.. Here is a great article that I thought you all might like:

http://www.lifetimetv.com/reallife/d...ng_weight.html

Anyways, today is starting off good. I got in my exercises as follows:

60 minutes Denise Austin & Lower body
5 minutes ABS

Last night I got in all of my exercises too!!

60 minutes Denise Austin (upper body)
40 minutes : DA Shrink your Female Fat Zones
20- weights
20- stability ball

Later on I Plan on doing some Step Aerobics or WATP. Water is ok.. Could be better. I only drank 16 oz so far. My breakfast was:
one slice of French toast,
one service low fat sausage,
½ c egg
1/8 cup lite syrup

Total calories: 395 (not bad for me!)

Anyways I got a lot to do today. I have about 4 stores to go to.. Which is funny since we have NO MONEY!! I have already planned dinner tonight. Here is the recipe, can’t remember if I gave it already…

Shortcut Beef Stew
Prep/Cook Time: 25 min.

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1" cubes*
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Tomato Soup
1 can Campbell's® Beefy Mushroom Soup
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 bag (24 oz.) frozen vegetables for stew (potatoes, carrots, celery)*

* I use stew meat instead.. Too poor to buy that other stuff
* I use canned potatoes and carrots so it can really be a shortcut!

Directions:
HEAT oil in saucepot. Add beef and cook until browned and juices evaporate, stirring often.

ADD soups, Worcestershire and vegetables. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 min. or until vegetables are tender. Serves 4.

Anyways…. I have to get going.. It looks like it’s gonna rain today! I’ll try to check back in later! I WAS gonna leave comments but STUPID AOL has froze up on me 4 times already… and I really need to go. I will come back later and leave comments only! I thin that may be my new way of doing this…. Anyway one day I will figure it out! Check you chicks later!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:49 AM   #67  

thought this was interesting, http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?it...SLETTER_ISSUES the food label part.
MUCH LOVE, Heather
Old 07-28-2004, 01:08 PM   #68  

Hello Everyone! Ok... I LIED! I never got back on the computer yesterday. By the time I got home I had to fix dinner, got a major migraine.. and soon as hubby came in, which was about 15 minutes later, I went in the bed and laid down. You'd think that would be relaxing.... and I guess it was! But I didn’t get to finish my exercises... Oh well, today we aren’t going ANYWHERE! So I should be able to do everything as planned...whatever that may be. I didn‘t get off to a great start
! I got up at 6, fixed my hubbies lunch, fixed me some....get this.. COFFEE, and it was already almost 7!!! That's what time I should have exercised… right!!!! WRONG! I didn’t exercise until about 10.. After I finished procrastinating the baby woke up. I need to stop doing that!!! Well TOM is right on schedule... but PMS is still here big time! Why can't it be late sometimes?!? Maybe even like a day! Darn Wednesdays.. ANYWAYS…..I MISS MY ADIPEX!!!! I found some generic ones online for way cheaper.. but scared to buy them.... does generic work the same?!? Hmmm. Anyways Oh hold on….
Had to stop the baby from eating the foam paper plate!! While she took the cookies I gave her and threw them down. Why do kids do that!! Well anyways I’ve eaten breakfast . finally.. now I’m starving!! I ate 1/2 c of egg substitute... wow.... and some low fat sausage, and 7 mini pancakes. I would eat earlier if I didn’t have to cook it…. I HATE cooking breakfast! Those egg substitutes take too long.. Or maybe I’m starving by the time I get through and I’m just too lazy… who knows. Well anyways I already did my DA exercise with weights… now I plan on doing the Ultimate Fat Burner DVD when the baby takes her nap… I’m not even excited at the least about it.. Because I SWEAR that workout is HARD!!!!! I’m not good at cardio moves for long periods of time… just short bursts… but that one kills ya! I just can’t seem to drink enough water though… I hate it!! Adding lemon and all that makes me nauseous.. I did It too much last time. I hope s/f koolaid helps in the water dept.. or tea.. Because yuck….

Heather- I was gonna post that article.. ya beat me to it!!

Peg- screwing up is part of life.. we all do it.. all the time! Don't be so hard on yourself.. this isnt an easy thing.. This is HARD! Keep on trying and keep going... the good will out weigh the bad!! Literally! You'll see!

Jamie- Miss ya, hope you are doing well!

Sue- Where are ya! Neopets getting the best of ya!!

Diane- I hope you are doing ok.. I Miss your posts!!!

Darn.. I know I'm missing someone.. but I"m sorry!!! My daughter keeps screaming.. So I guess she’s sleepy after all!! I will finish comments later!!!

Old 07-28-2004, 04:57 PM   #69  
Tons of fun!!!!

hey everyone!! i am at work right now, and bored as heck!!! i hope all is well with everyone, i joined the local gym and am planning on heading over there this evening. we went out dancing this weekend and had a blast, i went shopping with a friend beforehand and bought something new to wear and in the FIRST time ever i bought pink........ it was quite a change and shocked my friends (all guys) and my boyfriend they all stared at me like i was an alien.... i was like "what???" they were all telling me how good i looked.....cuz i usually am in band shirts or tye dye (i am a tomboy) but it felt nice anyways. well i gotta go now........talk to you all soon, Jamie
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:04 PM   #70  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone...

How's everyone? I've been down for the last few days. I think I had food poisoning. I had a chicken salad from "somewhere" and thena chicken burger from "somewhere else" and I dunno... later that night I went down like a bag of bricks. All of a sudden, dizzy, nauseous, and burning up. I got home and had a temp of 101.8 and everyone had to walk me to my bedroom... EEEESH! I dunno, I didn't think food poisoning lasted this long, well... at least the after effects. I had a fever for two days, then Monday I had the chills and tuesday I had a massive migrain... OY! I dunno if it was really foodpoisoning or some bug, but either way it sucked! I lost like 8lbs in 3 days... cause I couldn't hold anything down... blech! Sigh... I'm feeling better, slight headache... but man I'm glad I'm over the hump!

SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:00 AM   #71  

Hello Everyone! Today I have sooo much to do.. and of course it is supposed to rain! But it is ALWAYS supposed to rain. I went to the store last night ot satisfy my chocolate craving.... which I shouldnt have... and when I got all the way out of the apartment complex.. it started pouring. By then DH had asked me to pick him up some stuff, and I didn't feel like trying to get back in... so I ended up getting all soaked. I had on fuzzy slippers.... which were and still are soaked! It was sunny about 10 minutes earlier. I noticed it was darker outside.. but duh it was late! I tell ya! Well today is one of my hardest days! I have to go to the Dollar Store and Walmart. They are hardest for me.. because I CAN NOT resist clearances.... and stuff for a dollar. And as you all know... dollars add up. If that could be an illness... I have it! Ebay is another one.. and Amazon.com. I just found a whole bunch of Murder She Wrote books for just A PENNY!! Now how can I resist that! A PENNY!!!

I have been up since 5:30, and I didn‘t exercise until after 8:30. It took me forever to get it done because the baby woke up.. But that was MY fault. I woke up sick to my stomach anyways. I'm still gonna exercise some more.. I gotta make up for those donuts I ate last night! .... I don't care if I get sick or not.. I took a midol!!!!.. That will have me bouncing off the walls!!!! Those things should be illegal!! This coffee and that Midol might have me running in circles! But that's kool because I feel one of my migraines coming on. I HATE TOM!!OH well Why is it that denise Austin always works the opposite body part than I want to do! Oh well, that's why I have other shows I taped! I think I"m gonna set up my daughters's bed today. Her baby bed turns into a toddler bed, then a day bed. Maybe even a transitional.. I don't know. But she woke up at 3 am crying to get in our bed... So at least if she wakes up she can get up and get in herself! I still can't get her off the freakin bottle! I got her sitting on the potty. But she only sits for like a second and says Tee tee! She says poo poo the funniest way... I can't even write it! She knows how to say the P sound.. but she doesnt do it! That is too funny! Well anyways I got lists to make for groceries, my menu for the week, household items.. etc. So I need to get on the ball before this turns into one of my many procrastinations!!! I will check back in later to leave personal comments... maybe even update if I have time! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-31-2004, 12:14 PM   #72  

hiya everyone,
HOW is everyone ??????

I haven't lost anything as of yet oh well... Yesterday, I felt so depressed I hated the way i looked in everything and just felt like a gaint blob of fat and of course it didn't help me and my hubby were talking bout a movie and this girl that he thinks is pretty (which i think is so not at all and that makes me feel like if he thinks she is pretty than what am I) was in it and that just got me upset.
went to doctor friday for blood work and all that good stuff.
Kidney fuction is fine however, my animea level was very low I might have to start giving myself a shot again oh well... not feeling to well today getting so much blood work always makes me feel yucky for a couple days. I go back thursday for more stuff. Ok ladies im going to go lay down have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Calories:
Thursday: 1242 didn't go over my limit was 1250 fat 28 good
Friday: 1336 didn't go over my limit was 1350 fat 48.5 a lil high

[COLOR=Indigo]heather [/COLOR
Old 07-31-2004, 12:28 PM   #73  

Good Morning! Well I’m good and sore today. I exercised yesterday.. But then I got upset and ended up cleaning up the whole house….. Packing up everything! I still got some stuff to do today. I went ahead and just put up her toddler bed… she sleep in it all night!!! I barely slept though…. I kept being afraid she would fall out! I’ve already got a great hour long workout in for this morning! Although I am SICK to my stomach… for some unknown reason. Today is also weigh-in day. I have lost 4 lbs!! Yay! Almost back to where I started! Hopefully I can keep it up! I didn’t reach my goal for the month of July.. But that’s ok! Here’s to next month! I DID however lose inches off my hips, waist, and thighs, arms, and leg from two weeks ago! Total inches lost from 7-17-04…. 6.5!!! So for me.. The pound goal doesn’t matter that much! I still ended up losing 3 lbs for the month. It definitively is slowing down… but I like the inches dropping though! That makes me excited! Today I guess I’ll cook Spicy Onion burgers.. I don’t have any wheat buns.. so I’ll make me some burgers with ground turkey. Here is the recipe if you want it.. It’s pretty simple though:

Spicy Onion Burgers
Prep/Cook Time: 20 min.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1 pouch Campbell's® Dry Onion Soup and Recipe Mix
6 hamburger rolls
Lettuce leaves
Tomato slices
Avocado slices

Directions:
MIX thoroughly beef, picante sauce and soup mix. Shape firmly into 6 patties, 1/2" thick each.

GRILL patties 10 min. or until done.

SERVE in rolls with lettuce, tomato, avocado and additional picante sauce. Serves 6.

Well that’s all I got planned for today. It looks like it’s gonna be rainy day. The sun is out… but it’s still raining pretty hard. Well I hope everyone has a great day! I’m just gonna finish cleaning and cooking for the day. Maybe record some of my Murder She Wrote Episodes.. Or read the book I never started. I hope everyone has a great day today! I‘ll try to come back and make more personal comments later… Hey I did it yesterday!
Old 08-01-2004, 12:23 PM   #74  

Thanks guys, I am feeling better today. I want to go to the sauna and jaccuzzi today maybe the pool but it looks like its gonna rain. We are going to take our puppy to the park.
Sue- Hope ur still feeling better.
Jamie- How's the gym going.
Jaymi- How u doing girl?Ill call u sometime this week.

the last three nights I have been having nightmares caused by my meds.

Our dog has started eating her poop(as soon as she is done going) anyone have a good idea on how to stop that we try to take her outside before she goes but sometimes she has accidents.
Started raining now lol....
Heather

Last edited by scorchin; 08-01-2004 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #75  

Hello Everyone! Well I’m in a sucky mood today soooo only a short post for right now.. I didn’t exercise yesterday but for maybe 15 minutes. I was trying to exercise my bad mood away… and stop the emotional eating.. But the chocolate donuts won… so that sucked. Plus I had some chocolate icecream and a medium frosty from Wendy’s.. I hate men… why are they here?!? What is their point in life? Why didn’t those jerk’s Mom’s raise them better? I just don’t know. Well so far today I havent exercised and I don’t feel like it either. I feel like sitting around and being a bumb.. Laying in the bed all day… or on the couch. And I think that’s just what I’m gonna do…. After I go return my books, and stuff.. So I might come back later.. And I might not.. I might end up driving back to TX if things get any worse…It’s ashamed to be in such a beautiful city and not enjoy it…But no whining and complaining today… I’m just lay down and feel sorry for myself instead!! Maybe buy me some candy and eat it all!! I just don’t care today…. Anyways here’s a kool article I was emailed today…. For anyone who is interested….

http://www.ediets.com/news/article.c..._3/code_24567/

Well I gotta go get ready to have my “feel sorry for myself day!” Hey I havent had one of those days in a while…so here it is. Today’s my day off! I hope every is having a great day!!!