Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-25-2004, 08:11 PM   #61  

Default hi ya jaymi

my name is peg i have 3 children (two still at home) i am married and will soon be 45. i am doing this because of health reasons. i have High blood presure and authurits*spell....... and diabetes runs in my family. my plan has been to eat only when i am trully hungry and then eating healthy (1200 to 1500 cal) So far it is working for me. when it quits working then i will get real serious about exercise. i was eating when it was time ( buzzer goes off at work...eat or hubby wants lunch and i would eat too ...even tho i wasnt really hungry yet) so now it is working better this way. another thing i have done is changing what i order when we go out to eat. They sure look at you funny when you say i want the grilled chicken sandwich with out any thing on it not even the bun . anyway welcome and im sure you will find out that we are a great bunch of chickadees oops i guess it would be a flock of chickadees.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg

PS. i also joined T.O.P.S. (take off pounds sensibly) weight loss support group

Last edited by bearzy2u; 05-25-2004 at 08:16 PM.
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 12:00 AM   #62  
my dad made me1 from wood

hey jamyi girl sorry we didn't talk to today getting ready for my jamie(james) to come down lol ... I so tired bet u r too hows everything going for heading to texas???? I got an exercise buddy for at fort stewart lol james isn't quite sure coz he said the guy is a big ole horn doggie, but he goes to the gym a lot so i can go with him while im there. Hehe sweaty army guys... well i did exerise today but been so busy haven't compelted the si6 video the last couple days...
take care, heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 12:48 PM   #63  

Hiya chickies! I hope everyone is back on track after their TOM... I was bad on Saturday and Monday, but I was really good Sunday and yesterday, I only had about 1100 calories yesterday so I am doing okay. I have that wedding to go to the end of July so I am really trying to get on the ball and be really good so I can look halfway decent for the wedding...I don't want to be the fattest person there!
Hope everyone is doing well, and taking it one day at a time...that's what I have to do, because it is so overwhelming to think about ALL the weight I have to lose...
Oh well, like I said, one day at a time!
Good luck everyone!
Tara
eatnothingalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:51 PM   #64  

Default Someone scold me

I have a confession....I went to lunch with friends just now and had desert. I not only feel sick but I also feel guilty. Someone scold me and tell me how I have no self control. I will have to stay on the elliptical machine for 5 hours tonight.

I was doing pretty good before today, haven't had sweets in a few weeks. Perhaps the guilt that I feel right now will prevent me from doing this again. I wasn't even hungry when I ate the cake, I just shoveled it in my mouth and I ate it all, too. No "one bite" for me, I devoured it like a big fat pig would do. I need to be punished. I've let myself down.

Feeling sad in Alabama
NancyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 07:22 PM   #65  
Oooo Silly Me!

Default I'm Addicted to being Full

Afternoon Ladies!

To Lisa (FavePair) – I was reading back on the posts and I saw you mention “Chickydoodle” and I started smiling and giggling and my stepdaughter, who was sitting on the computer next to me (she’s off track), asks what is wrong with me. When I pointed out Chickydoodle to her she smiled. That’s the name I call her all the time. Heheheh… I used to call her Baby Bear and she would call me Mama Bear, but she says she’s told old for that name now and so we decided on Chickydoodle. Grin… sorry I just had to share that story with you heheh…

Nancy Drew – I have a degree in computer graphics, but when I was laid off I decided to go back to school to become a teacher so I could teach computers. Right now I’m at Cal State Univ. I dunno if they have me marked as a junior or senior but I’m about a year and half away from graduating. That’s assuming I can get all my courses every time.

HELLO JAYMI!! WELCOME!

To all my lady friends who feel they have no control…

I just wanted to let you guys know that I to have no control. It’s hard, it really is…and I loose control often. You are not alone. I have to keep myself busy… and it really sucks when the kid and James eat all this stuff in front of me… makes me wanna drop them off a cliff sometimes This is what I find myself doing. I’ll try to eat as little as possible during the day. I’ll have like a cup of milk and a cup of cereal, and then around 4 hours I’ll grab a banana or something else to snack on… So during the day I try to keep everything under 600-700 calories…. Then since I’m on a 1600-1800 I can eat the rest at dinner…. But I do the zig zag so I vary it between 1400 and 2000 on certain days. Course I don’t know if this is a good approach, but this is what I do. However, I was always told not to go more then 5 hours without food… so I try to eat something small at least every 4 to 5 hours. Whether it be a granola bar or a piece of fruit. I find that I can extend a granola bar for an hour hehehe… it keeps my stomach thinking I am eating.

I am addicted to be full. I have to eat til I feel full…and that’s why I figured if I could eat a small portion of my calories through out the whole day, I can eat at dinner and get that full feeling. But I also drink a boat load of water to help with that full feeling as well. It seems to work to… I can eat about 1000 calories for dinner and feel satisfied. Of course eventually I need to work on becoming “unaddicted” to being full tho…

I don’t have much control, and its been really hard…like I said, I keep myelf busy with work and school… This summer is going ot be a HUGE test for me since I won’t be working or going to school for summer break.

You aren't alone...

Catch you ladies later...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:22 PM   #66  

Height: 5 foot

Hi Chickies!! I could have sworn I left you a post telling you how busy I was today and that I'm going out of town, but I guess it didnt go through!!! Well I've been on my feet all day and still got work to do. I've eaten right, and I"ve did my Denise Austin today for an hour. I didnt get to do the treadmill, but I think all this work is more than 3 miles...should have worn my Mcdonald walking thingy, but I know I've been busy!! I'll try to comment right fast and I will talk to you all Friday when I get to TX, looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you all!!

Sue Marie-

Nancy Drew-

eatnothingalive-

scorchin-

bearzy2u-

hippiechic-

favepairobluejeans- Sorry about the baby, hope he's doing better!

I'm not an army wife...anymore!!! He is in the inactive reserves right now, but we move because he works constuction. I am soo glad he got out though, because about 2 mths or so after he got out, his unit was called to iraq. I'd be here all alone or in Tx going insane!!! I dont really have any hobbies anymore. The ones I used to have, I've grown out of, I"ve been taking care of my family, especially the baby and that's it. I need to find some but this website is about all I have time for. I exercise twice daily, which is the only other time I get to myself when my daughter finally falls asleep, and that's it. I like to watch weird tv shows like Matlock, Murdershewrote, and Golden Girls, and Hercules!! Ok, so they dont match, but they are my favorites. I like Law and Order too, and that's it. Never seen friends or anything...I'm like a big dork!!! And the only movies I watch are bootleg movies that occasionally have a person get up and walk out in it!!! Well, I'll try to figure out something...I need a life!!!!!! I like the beach and stuff and me and hubby just tried out some tennis, and we also went bowling, so I'd say I enjoy thouse things, even though I'm not good at any of them, and I dont even own a swimsuit. But oh well, I gotta get off my big butt and finish. I'll talk with you all later!!!

Jay
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:37 PM   #67  

Hi everyone,
It's been a busy few days for me...School doesn't start 'til next Wednesday, and I've been working a lot. I guess misery really does love company, because I too have overindulged myself for the last couple of days. Not really over my limit in calories, but my choices weren't so good, ya know? Regardless, I have dropped 2 lbs since last week's weigh-in. Wooo--hoooo!! It's good to hear that everyone else is surviving their own personal hurdles. Good job!!!
Tara, my mom is getting remarried on July 24th, so I'm putting my nose to the grindstone until then too. It's so nice when you go to a public event feeling like a different person, like you've never looked better, and there's no one that can pull you down. I'm using that feeling as motivation not to cheat! It's so hard...

Anyway, better get some beauty sleep...Happy Losing!! Never give up!!
Stacia
nestlequik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:28 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

LOL to Sue....I call my daughter that sometimes too! But mostly I call her chickenbean....we have NO idea where that came from....it was just one of those things that rolled off my lips one day, and stuck!

Everybody have a great day! The weather is beautiful here, I just sewed myself a couple of skirts...didn't have a pattern, one turned out WAY too big ( had to take about 8 inches off, the other one will look great about 5 lbs from now. Its time to feed the baby, and get outside, its too pretty to waste, especially knowing the weekend it supposed to be stormy again.

Stay on plan everybody, and enjoy!

Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 11:36 PM   #69  

ladies............where are you all? I looked to see if another thread was started, but I didn't see one.....nobody's posted since noon today...I sure hope you're all ok.

Lisa
Old 05-27-2004, 11:52 PM   #70  
Tons of fun!!!!

Hey girls, came to say hello, hope everyone is doing good. Everyone must be very busy cuz the thread has been very slow lately and there quite a few people missing. I hope everyone is staying on track and living one day at a time, remember to come here if you are down and need some support. talk to you all soon, Jamie
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 12:48 PM   #71  

Last edited by eatnothingalive; 04-02-2020 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:03 PM   #72  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Ladies!

Wooo! It’s been a busy past few days. I was up late finish up my paper and other stuff Wednesday night and I had work and school on Thursday from 8am – 8pm so I pretty much passed out when I got home. James cooked dinner and that was it hehehe.

I’ve been staying on track and have been doing really well. We have my stepdaughter this weekend so we were planning on going to the beach, however the weather looks really bad I am praying for some sun tomorrow cause we really need a get away. Been cooped up in the house doing homework blah. I’m still trying to plan our family vacation for June sometime, but everything seems to be up in the air right now. I wouldn’t mind going back up to Pismo Beach tho hehehe.

Tara – I took my first set of pics back in um… I think April…oh dang, I just checked, I took them back in December 03. I didn’t start getting serious til hmm February 04 and I’ve only lost 20 lbs since. I’ve been wondering where am I loosing this weight from? I also wonder when will I start to see a difference. I know I will, I just impatient hhehehe. Maybe I should take another picture just to see if I notice anything. What I should do is now that I am doing some weight lift toning and aerobic work outs I should use a tape measure and take measurements. I know the last time I lifted weights, I lost inches but I gained weight cause of muscle mass lol. I am sure your pics will come out well. Is there a particular place that we post them at? If so, maybe I’ll post mine.

You ladies take care!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 07:47 PM   #73  

Last edited by eatnothingalive; 04-02-2020 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:28 PM   #74  

woohooo, way to go Tara! And congrats to Sue on getting your paper finished. I used to live in San Bernardino County, at29Palms...I kind of miss the hot weather. The beach sounds so great, I miss it so much. When I was a kid, we lived about a mile from the Ocean, we spent more time on the beach than we did in our yard. Of course now I'm getting wrinkles at an early age to show for it! LOL Oh well, it was fun in the sun, and I would still be there if I could. Today started out as a GREAT day! Hubby wanted Crescent rolls for breakfast, but I only ate one...then had big glass of water, a diet pepsi, and later a fruit and yogurt parfaitfrom McD's for lunch ( the small one) . When we got home, I had alot more water, knowing that I would be having pizza for dinner tonight. Well........Hubby went camping with the boys he teaches at church, and his uncle went with him, so his wife, and kdis came over to my house to spend the evening. I was teaching her a little about how to decorate a cake, and eating at the same time, and talking about stuff that stresses me a little, and hubby was gone, and I for some reason was jumpy, and thought I heard gunshot twice ( didn't, btu thought I did) and I ATE 5 PIECES of PIZZA!!!! yikes!!!!! I'm not even full either, that's the scary part. I think I ate each peice with enough time in between, that I never got really too full, and knew to stop. It was so GOOD, but wow, so out of line! I suppose its really been a kind of off-plan week. The grocery budget was really tight this month, so I've been making alot from scratch, with whateer is in the house, and not getting enough of the good stuff. I had hubby hide the scale from me, so I have no idea how my wieghts been effected...I will find out tomorrow. I need some inspiration!

Talk to you gals tomorrow!

Lisa
Old 05-29-2004, 01:39 AM   #75  

Height: 5 foot

Hi everyone!!

Just poppin in to tell you that i"m still alive!!! We have survived the first day here in TX...barely!! I got all of 2 hrs sleep, and tomorrow is a whole new day. My little sister graduates in the morning, I need to have my hair done at 8:00 am, so i need to wake up at maybe 6 to exercise and shower/wash my hair and try to dry it. I havent exercised in two days!!! I'm sooo ashamed. It is the first time this has happened since the entire month. I bet I'll gain weight too even though I've stayed on my eating plan. The first day I didnt have a choice, we were in the car for over 16 hours, today I got up with intentions of working out, but had sooo much to do, I could never get around to it. I barely got a shower in, had to sneak it!! LOL Well, gotta go back to hubby's grandmother's house so I will try to pop in tomorrow if I get a chance. Everyone take care!!!!

Jay
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote