Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2004, 11:52 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

Default chickiedoodles

Hey Aprilchickies,
Sounds like most of you all have had a trying weekend, at least where the food is concerned....what can we do to get back on track?

I for one, am going to just start a new day tomorrow. I won't say I binged or anything...we'll just call it a "free-day" too many carbs mostly. I've been hungry all day, and I"m sure its becuase I didn't have much protein. I forgot to thaw the chicken last night, so ya' know! *shrug* Tomorrow, weather permitting, I am going to start walking again. Last week, I couldn't, I'm really hoping to get some good weather again soon, this rainy stuff is nice, but combined with the heat, its not so great, and I can't take the baby out for a walk on a thunderstorm, that doesn't seem so bright!

What are the rest of you doing this week? Any goal setting?

My goals are: Eat between 1200-1600 calories daily, zig-zagging between the two. Get my folate/omega 3's up ( to fight off those blue feelings) and to either walk daily ( weather permitting, minimum 1 1/2 miles, to include a hill) or 40 minutes pilates. AND, not to weigh myself again until next saturday. ( which is what I said I would do last saturday, but didn't stick too, so the scale is going to be put away !...even if I have to ask hubby to do it for me!...lol)

Here's to a great week!

Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:21 AM   #47  
Tons of fun!!!!

This week I am going to start kicking up my exercise, this last week I started walking and I also turn on my favorite music and dance all over the house for at least 30 minutes.... I have also started doing ............ SIT UPS, thats right sit ups and my abs are feelin it!!! I used to do them a lot when I was in high school and never really minded them.....its a lot harder when you have a belly and HUGE boobs in the way ...he he he... But I still get it done,The thing I am having the hardest time with is drinking water, you would think it was poison the way I avoid it I hope you all have good week, Jamie
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:06 AM   #48  

Default Happy Monday

Had a good time this weekend, but was not so good on the diet. I won't even weigh until tomorrow, i am scared. I didn't have any sweets, just bread. Now I wish i would have had the sweets instead.

Sat. I went to my estate sale and found lots of goodies. I was a bad girl and didn't exercise, just sat around the pool. Sunday, however, I took my dog for a walk. I can't go very long or too fast with him b/c he overheats. It was already about 85 degrees at 9 in the morning. I then went for my fast walk. 45 minutes fast, listening to dance music and walking to the beat. When I got home I was sooooo hot I took my shoes off and jumped in the pool with my clothes on. I took all my wet clothes off while I was in the pool and laid face down on a float for about 15 minutes. I am now in pain sitting here at work, my butt got sunburned.

Sue, I am proud of you going and getting your equipment and tapes. That's wonderful. What I find helpful is to put your equipment right in the way. I mean, don't tuck your weights away in a closet, put them where you can see them so you remember to do it. Sounds like you're very motivated. Also, congrats on the good bowling game!

Yall have a great day
NancyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:48 PM   #49  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm at the library.....my pc modem got zapped last week (thunderstorm) through the phone line and I got a new one but now I think my video card got it too somehow.

Any way Larry is home today(his work truck is in the hospital) so we just dropped HAL off (my pc's name is HAL) at the pc hospital and we are waiting in town at the library for it tooo be checked out.

Jamie---Thank you so much for checking on me and I did see your e-mail,then my machine totally froze up, and I couldn't do anything after that.

Just scanned trough the new #4 thread here and saw some new LOSERS!!!

Welcome, and you'll get a dose of me soon enough..lol

Well I miss you chicks, and everyone here is in my thoughts.

If the pc guy can't fix me up today we'll have to leave it till next Sat when DH is home again to pick it up...so if you don't see me tonight or tomorrow then next week for sure (I HOPE)....

Love you chicks.....
Diane

P.S Come on now tell the truth... did you think I fell off and was sitting in the corner somewhere eating a massive amount of cake????.....
ralphmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:49 PM   #50  

hiya ladies, how are ya on this lovely Monday morning? Well, I am back in the saddle again after a bad weekend with food. I was good on Friday for the most part, but I binged on Saturday and ate WAY over my calories for the day. Yesterday was a new day though, and a new week, and I did really well. I ate about 1150 calories so I am back on track again. I have been doing a little bit of the video I rented from the library called yogarobics--which incorporates yoga, pilates and aerobics together...it's pretty cool, a good workout, but it's a bit "90's" for my taste..oh well, take what you can get I guess...
Hope everyone is back on track and doing well!
Take care and have a good day!
Tara
eatnothingalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:42 PM   #51  
my dad made me1 from wood

Cool getting ourself back on track great job.....

DIANA GIRL MISSED YOU HOPE TO HAVE U BACK SOON....
GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE WHO IS GETTING BACK ON TRACK AFTER OUR TOM BINGE FEST (DUNNO WHAT TO CALL IT HEHE).
SUE I USED TO HAVE THAT VIDEO SWEATING TO THE OLDIES UNTIL SOMEONE WALKED IN ON ME DOING IT AND START CRACKING UP LAUGHIN ... BUT I ENDED UP SELLING IT ON EBAY LOL NOW HOWEVER I WISH I HAD IT. BTW GREAT JOB ON THE WEIGHT LIFTING VIDEO (DON'T THINK I COULD DO IT). I did good this weekend sat i had 1088 cal sun 1110 compared to 1520 cal on friday i say i much inproved so far today i have had around 500 dunno what ill eat for dinner. DID my si6 video sun and today also did curcuit training today...

I'm gonna go read im a lil tired hehe...
much love heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:58 PM   #52  
Oooo Silly Me!

Nancy Drew – Thanks! Oh yes I put them out in the living room under the DVD player inside my entertainment center. I tried it out the same night, I was sore the next day hehe, I will try lighter weights for the next time. It’s funny how I had very little motivation and now all of a sudden here I am with tons of it. I just hope it lasts!

Diane – I’m sorry to hear about your computer I hope you will be able to fix it with least cost and quickly. I’m a looser rofl. As funny as it sounds, it’s true! *grins* I love it! LOL!

Tara – Hey there, I purchased a dvd called “Lifting Weights to lose weight” I was looking at getting a pilattes one, but wasn’t sure what it was. Let me know how you like it as far as the work out goes I am enjoying my video, and I even found my Richard Simmons video. So now I have two videos that I can work with!

Heather – Yeah I know what you mean. A while back, when I first got the tape, my step daughter walked in on me doing it and I could hear her laughing all the way back to her room. Hehehehe but now she wants to do the videos with me. She saw the weight sets that I got and she’s all KEWL I WANNA TRY hehehe. So Maybe I’ll do the Richard Simmons with her and we can laugh together *grins* Richard Simmons is such a cutey pie! I love his hyper attitude, so much energy!

Tonights my bowling league, so I won’t be playing with my new video or weights since I’ll be getting exercise elsewhere… But I’m proud to say that I lost another 4lbs… I only had to jump on and off the scale a few hundred times to make sure I was reading it correctly and that I was standing on it correctly…but YUP it’s right I’m dreading the day the weight slows down tho…

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:15 AM   #53  

Default Good morning

Hey yall!
Hope everyone had a good evening. I went to gym last night and did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. I got the machine next to that "power" exerciser that I told yall about last week. I also sat in sauna for 10 min. It feels good to sweat. My weight, however, is the same as last week. I am just glad that the weekend didn't blow things for me.

I do think that I am going to switch diets. This one the doctor put me on is not giving me the instant gratification that I need. I didn't understand it in the beginning when it said I could eat rice and potatoes. I am going to go back to Atkins starting Tuesday (after I eat all this rice and potatoes that I have already bought and after the Memorial Day weekend). I am sure that I will see fast results with that. I have thought about getting SouthBeach. I don't know much about it, though. What is the difference?

Did you see the Swan last night on TV? guess it has been on for weeks and I've missed it before. I just don't think that I would go through all that surgery. What do yall think?

Hope yall have a good day.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:42 AM   #54  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey there NancyDrew - I watched the first episode of Swan. The transformations are amazing. One of the ladies come out looking almost like someone else. I find all that surgery being done in 3 months time period is kinda scary. I have missed all the other shows tho because I bowl league on Mondays and usually don't get home til 9 p.m. and most of the time I got my happy butt on the computer trying to finish up papers for class ehehhehe. I have heard of SouthBeach, but am not familiar with it. I too would like to know the difference hehehe...

I'm feeling kinda blah today. I know for sure I'm bloated because of TOM. Yesterday I had a hard time bowling. My thumb seemed to form a nice suction cup feeling when it was in my ball so everytime I throw it, it would get stuff and would end up sticking to my thumb every so often. I cant wait for it to go away... I was up late last night trying to finish my paper and get it printed out., so I had a hard time getting up this morning. Uggg, this is my long day to, I'm gone from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Hopfully I'm not snoring at work or even by time I get to my last class tonight. EEEK!

I'll catch you ladies later...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:15 PM   #55  

Hiya girls... well, I don't know what's wrong with me...I was really good sunday but yesterday I ate about 2000 calories.. I'm really depressed about that. I am DETERMINED to get back on track today, I absolutely cannot fall into a downward spiral and undo the 4lbs I already lost. This is such an upward battle for me because I feel like I am never going to beat this addiction to food. I try not to get down and take one day at a time, but when I look at the scale and see I have over 100lbs to lose, it seems very daunting. I try to set small goals, but it just seems so hard sometimes.
I guess today is a new day, I can't take back yesterday, so all I can do is be really good today. I need some encouragement

Tara
eatnothingalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 03:24 PM   #56  
Tons of fun!!!!

Morning girls! glad to see Diane back in the house!! was starting to wonder...he hehe... Nancy and Sue, all I know about South Beach is that is a low carb diet but not as strict as atkins and i have heard that it is a lot easier to stick with than atkins....there are books at the library and bookstores all about it. A girl I work with is trying it and she can eat 30 grams of carbs a day, but if you are interested i would check out a book on the subject and see if it would work for ya! I did see a couple episodes of "the Swan" and I think its crazy! The one episode I seen the lady wasn't that bad to begin with and when they finished with her I thought she looked scary, I mean like SCARY, like a cracked out doll or something....he he he...sorry but thats the only thing I could think of..... but some of them did look really good. I dont think I could put myself through all of that.

Tara, You are in the right frame of mind to forget yesterday and focus on today, after all we can only do this one day at a time. When I go over my calories, i just think of it this way, I am in this for such a longtime (losing weight) one day is not going to throw me completely off track, if I am being good for the next year to lose all of this weight one day isn't going to make or break me. Just keep up your motivation and come here and talk to us. You are a strong girl and you want this bad enough, so I know you can do this. The other day, I made this good dinner and I wanted to get another plate of it soooo bad, instead I walked in here to the computer and logged on and completely forgot about that second helping. It was really eye opening about how important this site is, and how important it is to have support. Your doing great!!! Jamie
Old 05-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #57  

Default Afternoon chat

Sue, what are you going to school for? I am also back in school. I am studying for a Master's in Judicial Administration. I just started back last semester. My ultimate goal is to go to law school.

Anyway, the Swan. My husband said that he thinks that they "uglied" the women up for their "before" photo. I did see the one with the hook nose and the one with the crooked teeth. They looked much better, although the one with the new teeth didn't know how to smile , which is really sad. I was flipping between Swan and some sad sad movie on lifetime with Della Reese.

I bought the Southbeach book at lunch and I am gonna try it. Will keep you posted as to results.

gotta run, have a great afternoon.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:46 PM   #58  

Height: 5 foot

Default Need to fit in!!

Hi everyone! I'm looking for a thread that I fit in with. This one that I am in is ok, but they kinda critisize you alot and they all garden and hike outside. They are ok, but sometimes I feel like I'm not welcome, so I need to be somewhere else!!

HI HEATHER!!! So what I gotta do to be a "April Chick"

I'm a little shy, but I'll tell ya a little about myself. I'm married with two kids, I'm 25, we move around A LOT! I'm originally from TX, we are now in SC. Not that much hotter than Tx....yet!! My weight struggles started when I had my son, I was 150 or so, I was only 18 and had been small all of my life. (I'm only 5'0) So I lost all of my weight and got down to 127 by exercising my butt off and hardly not eating as much. But slowly but surely I gained it back and then some, I got up to 160 or so and then whoops I got pregnant again. It was a diffucult, difficult pregnancy, I was up to 214 when I had my daughter. When I had my 6 wk check up I was 200 lbs. Not a pretty site on such a short lady!! So I got on the treadmill once a day and got back down to 160. Low and Behold, we moved to KY, although I immediately joined a gym and workout out 4 x's a week or more, I gained 25 lbs back in a couple of mths. By the time we moved to SC in January I was 185. So here I am, trying again to get past the weight that I keep losing over and over. It really gets harder every time!!! So far I have lost 27 lbs. I exercise twice a day and count calories.
I know Heather (scorchin) so when I saw her name I thought this had to be a kool place to be! This place has been my support system, especially in the journals because I had given up completely!! I would have gained all the weight back by now if it werent for 3FC, so I hope to meet you chicks soon!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 04:30 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Jamiedol, This site is wonderful. I too have been a part of other threads that just don't do it for me as much as this one does, these ladies are GREAT!

So, are you a military wife? I couldn't help but notice that all the states you've moved around too have military bases. I am Lisa, mother of 3 ( 2 girls 10 and 8, and 1 boy, 13 mos.) We have recently relocated from Southern California to Iowa, after my husband got his honorable discharge from the Marine Corps. I am struggling to lose the weight I gained during my last pregnancy, plus a few pounds that I had put on the year before I got pregnant. I'm pretty much on my own with my efforts here in "real life" becuase I haven't met too many people here in the midwest that seem to give a crap about their health, let alone how they look....( I'm sure they're out there, just haven't found many yet.) The move has been an extremely stressful one, actually, the last year and a half has been really bad stress-wise, so the weight has been up and down for months. This site has really helped me get motivated!

My interests are basically all the homemaking skills, I love to cook, bake, decorate, paint, sew, etc. And I LOVE being outside! Hopefully you'll find you have things in common with the gals here too, and enjoy it as much as I do.

Som here's my fun for the day! We spent the morning at the hospital, getting a cast put on the baby's right wrist. He fell down playing at Grandma's house last night, and just was screaming bloody murder, which he doesn't ever do. We called the Dr. but there was a tornado warning in effect, so she didn't want us out on the road for something as small as a possible fracture or sprain, so we waited till this morning. He wasn't putting any weight on it this am, so we went in, and voila! he's got a compression fracture, and he'll be casted for three weeks. I guess this is my official welcome into the world of mothering boys!

Lunch was McD's on the run, but I opted for a side salad to hold me over till we got home. I feel so much better about that than if I had eaten a cheeseburger. Yeah for me! LOL. ( Actually, it was hubby's suggestion, I think he gets it that I'm serious...after I explained to him that this is not just vanity, that the Dr. Told me last year to get this weight off.)

anyways, that's all for the day, have a great one gals!

Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:17 PM   #60  
Tons of fun!!!!

Welcome Jaymi-dol, my name is Jamie....at least they are spelled different... I am sure you will find this thread very supportive and not critical in any way, at least I havent ever heard anybody be critical since we started last month. Good job on your weight loss so far.

Lisa, sorry to hear about your little guy, but kids are resilient, so I am sure he will be fine. Good job on the side salad at mcd's, isn't it hard to pick the good stuff when the bad stuff is staring you in the face..... it is for me but i ahave been really good so far, I guess I am wanting to lose this weight bad enough to say no to junk food!!! TTFN, Jamie