Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-21-2004, 06:05 PM   #1  

Default HOW Much??

HEllo all. I been doing O.K on my diet, about 30 lbs in 2 months, I am crying like everynight now though because I have ben slipping EVERYDAY for past 2 weeks at dinner, even though I have not gained and continue to H.I.I.T / Mountain Bike everyday. I just had a question. HOW Much sugar is bad? I mean, I LOVE these little snacks called Chewy Granola Bars by Quakers, they are 3g fat, 1.5g sat, 2g protein, but 10g sugar. Same as my Light n' Fit fat free yofurt ( 10g sugar ). I dont know how much sugar is bad, I know it creates insulin and stuff. But how much of it can I eat a serving? I really crave for these snacks and I usually give in, then I feel guilty. Can someone help ? =(

P.S
Today, my dad threw a fit, hes sick of me losing weight "too fast" so I "HAVE" to eat dinner with them now ( greasy CHINESE food. white rice ) do you guys think if I eat a small amount for dinner and still continue to eat good pre-dinner and exercise Ill still lose weight? THANKS!
koku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 12:37 AM   #2  

I would think that so long as you eat sensibley and exercise regularly you should lose weight. If you allow yourself a certain amount of sugar a day and stick to that limit, otherwise eat sensibley and exercise I'm sure you will be fine.

I'm allowing myself one treat a day - I might not lose weight as quickly as I would otherwise but I also know that I'm more likely to stick to it. I know I have the treat to look forward too in the day. I'm then just trying to eat as healthily as I can generally and exercise most days - again trying to be realistic about what I will do and sticking to it.

That way I hope I will be able to maintain it longer too rather than losing the weight and then just going back to all the snacks again.

Lindsey
OPPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 12:47 AM   #3  

Ahh I see =) Thank You =)

How do you feel about the dinner tho? My dad seems right set at making me eat dinner with them, chinese food and white rice just seems so fatty to me now. I cant stand it.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:37 PM   #4  

Just how much do you weigh and how much do you want to lose? If you are losing more than 1-2 pounds a week, you are losing too fast. Rice is not fatty. Apparently your parents have concern for you - be glad!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 03:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

OPPG/Lindsey - can I ask why you have a link to a website to buy Phentermine underneath your name? just curious.

Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:11 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The link will be removed by me in a minute. Advertising is NOT allowed on this Forum. Better read the rules again!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:35 PM   #7  

I have herd White Rice is fattening? I relaly dont know. But what bout those Granola Bars? I am giving in more and more lately ( yesterday was my sis's party, had lotsa spicy california rolls! MMMM!) and i ate like 8 for lunch, mayb like 5 for dinner, and today when i got home from school i ate 4 for my after-lunch meal! I hope they arnt too bad... but those granola bars im tellin you...... i cant stop craving for them for some reason! Theyre 3 g fat, 1 sat, 10 g sugar ( <-- what im most worried about ) and 2 g protein
Old 04-26-2004, 06:51 PM   #8  
Head Princess

I think it's different for everyone. For me, low fat didn't work. Low carb does. But that's not the case for everyone. Basically, it comes down to understanding what your body needs and then making sure that you're supplying that. So it's not just carbs, fat, calories - it's the quality and quantity of your food.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote