Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 09:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Thanks Marti!!

I hope he notices! :-) I am down 21.50 pounds from when he last saw me 7 weeks ago. I have been really working hard with staying OP and doing the duel cardio workouts, and I know that is why I am losing. I do have my days where it goes up, or is plateaued.. but I've just been working through it!!!! I am now working on my Thanksgiving goal, of being down to 128.00 or below! :-) I can still see a lot of jiggly fat on my thighs, tummy hips and arms.. but it's slowly coming off! I know I have a good 20 pounds more to lose.... so that is what I am focusing on now!

But thanks for noticing!!!!! I am definately motivated! It really helped today that one of my coworkers is gushing over how great I look. We had to dress in Business casual today, instead of casual, so I am not in my sweats or jeans.... and well, I look GOOD! hehe.... It's nice to know that people notice now! :-)

Ok.. time for a conference call! Talk to you all soon!

Cherie
Old 10-22-2003, 10:18 AM   #17  

Did 35min on the eliptical this morning!! So now I just need to do 2 more days of cardio and 3 days of weight lifting.

Cherie - congrats on the loss!!
Old 10-22-2003, 12:24 PM   #18  
deleted2

Congrats, Cherie! You're an inspiration for sure---I often find myself considering 'duel cardio'. It's a brilliant plan!

As for me, my challenge is over before it's really begun. Nothing to do but get back on the wagon and go for 6 'good' days out of seven. The secretary at work is retiring and she's always been difficult, but now that she knows she's on her way out she's being horribly nasty to all of us. And yesterday I just let it get to me and I turned to the comfort of food. A real binge. Tons of chocolate kisses to be exact----I'm so ashamed that I let her have that power over me! Now this is the part I hate: crawling back up from the pit and white knuckling it till I feel good about things again.

Old 10-22-2003, 08:39 PM   #19  

Hi all! Well, so far so good. I hope I am making this Total Gym thing a habit. I want to work on those abs too!

Cherie, Great going with your loss!

Eydie, Don't despair over the chocolate. It was only one day and you can do better tomorrow.(I turn to chocolate during stressful times too)

Have a great Thursday! Tess
Old 10-23-2003, 01:22 AM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Angry

AllthatJazz---I have a total gym 1000 here at home too. I just got to pull it out of the closet. They say it's a great tool to have and convenient enough to fold up and put it under the bed! Well I have got to say .... it's too heavy for me to just fold up and put it away! Doing just that is a work out!! Anyway,, you have me wanting to set it up and just do it!! (and that's what I needed)

Eydie---You have the right attitude about just getting right back on the wagon. Don't feel ashamed about the kisses. You had your moment, and now the moment has passed and you learned from it. And as a bonus... you know she won't be there much longer! (ok, that was bad... I apologize!) But having to deal with difficult people makes things hard and I think you're doing just fine. Just start a new day. We're here for ya.

S-fly---Sounds like you're taking full advantage of the gym!! Excellent!! I've always favored the eliptical machine. It's so gentle on the knees. I don't have bad knees but I notice a difference with the treadmill when I try to jog.... plus I feel I get more of a workout on the eliptical. How's the weight lifting going? Noticing the muscles yet?

Cherie---How did the meeting with your friend go? What did he say? 20lbs gone since the last time you saw him,,, that's a big difference. And I've noticed your weight has gone down again!! You are FABULOUS!! And having your co-workers give you compliments,,,that has got to keep the motivation going!! I'm so proud of you. What is your goal weight? How tall are you? (sorry...for all the questions)

Aqua---How you doing on getting three veggies a day in? I've always told myself I need more veggies, and trying to get in more than one a day is difficult. What do you do? Do you drink V-8 to help get some of them in?

As you all can see, I'm trying to figure out how to fine tune my healthy way of life. I'm thinking of Atkins, but I'm not so sure. I may try it just for a month or so and see how I feel. I'm not to eager to give up foods that I love. And pasta is my #1 fav. Bread is right behind. Of coarse I love ALL foods,,,,, so maybe I just have a problem with food in general and not just high carbs.

I didn't do any ab workout. Been racking my brain on why my accounting isn't coming out equal. I go back and forth and everything looks good,...and then...wham.... not equal. Frustrating.

Ok... I need to get to bed. Gotta get up early and go visit tutor!! Mid-terms next week and I HAVE to pass this class or no more school.

You all take care

Marti
Old 10-23-2003, 10:48 AM   #21  

Good morning everyone!!

MNJ - I wish you well on your accounting test. I got lucky and had a really easy teacher. And yes, I have noticed muscles. I have a mesomorphic body frame which means that I'm meant to have a muscular body. I've always wanted to have tiny arms and legs, but oh well. I just have to watch it so that I don't look like some female wrestler!

Allthatjazz - just keep it up and it will become a habit!

Edyie - having difficult people to work with is awful! I almost quit a wonderful job one time because of another girl that worked there. This may sound mean, but she's leaving!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 11:01 AM   #22  

Aw, I'm doing ok on the veggies! But not eating so well overall. No time to post, will write more later. Hi to everyone!

AR
Old 10-24-2003, 07:37 AM   #23  

OK, had three vegan days this week, but managed to mess up with two junk food vegetarian days Tues and Wed. So no loss this week. But yesterday... get this... I ate FIVE servings of vegetables. And a serving of fruit.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:10 AM   #24  
deleted2

Feeling better after my crazy binge. And get this, somehow I managed to lose a pound! The human body never ceases to mystify.......I'm not complaining though! That puts me at 140 pounds.

Old 10-24-2003, 11:20 AM   #25  

Eydie, congratulations on the loss!!!

Went to the gym last night. Did 30min on the treadmill and 30min upper body. Only 1 cardio and 1 weight session left to complete this weeks goal!! I was down another 1.2lbs this morning!!

Have a great day!!
Old 10-24-2003, 12:23 PM   #26  
deleted2

Thanks, South. Butterfly and congrats to you too!

I've done 30 min. of Pilates, 4 miles on the treadmill and a 20 min. dumbell routine. It's 12:20 and I just realized I haven't eaten yet---very unusual for me. Downright freak-ish actually! Id better attend to that!

I want to work up a really juicy challenge for myself next week! I'm ready!

Old 10-24-2003, 08:53 PM   #27  

Cograts Eydie and Southern Butterfly on your losses!

Aqua, sounds like things are evening out for you Wow 5 veggies and a fruit!

M.N.J. I leave my Total Gym out.Like you said, it's too much work to fold . When not in use(which up until the last two weeks was alot) the cat takes it over as his sleeping perch

I have done my 4 Total Gym days. Blew it two days on the sweets. Oh well...

Last edited by allthatjazz; 10-24-2003 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:59 AM   #28  

Height: 5'1"

I did the weekly challenge. Was successful. Did 5 days.
Woo hoo!!

Now, to relax the rest of the weekend.......
Old 10-25-2003, 12:41 PM   #29  

Default Hi - I'm Back!

I have missed posting - Decided to do this challenge because I was having trouble managing anything successfully for 21 days. I am also having some issues with my mental health needs but starting work on those with marriage counseling and personal counseling.

Part of my self-therapy is continuing with my goal of regaining my health through weight loss. I had to put my MWL program on hold until my gyn figures out what to do with my bladder problem. I am on a patch for 2 weeks then I go in to see him to determine what else to do - I may need surgery! I cannot maintain the water intake until that problem is resolved. Unfortunately, maintaining water is a big part of my weight loss success.

I am determined to not let that stop me. I will just have to concentrate on the other parts of weight loss: eating right, getting enough rest, and exercising regularly. My weight loss will be slower because of the water, but slower is better than staying the same! I am debating what my challenge is going to be for the week but I will make a decision and let you all know tomorrow.

It is so nice to see so many of you from the 21-day here - MNJ, Butterfly, Photogirl, Redballoon - and some of the newbies. Looking forward to getting inspiration from your successes.

Cat

241/227 /140
Short Term Goal - 200 by Christmas!
Old 10-26-2003, 03:27 PM   #30  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking Anticipating the new week!!

I've started the new thread for this week's challenge. Here's the link for those who want to jump over.
I'll be back with you this week and will get the suns up on the record board for all you successful challengers!
Yeah!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...645#post476645

Closed Thread