Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 08:42 PM   #16  
Walking by faith

Angry Good evening everyone!

Either we're all very busy, or in a funk .

I haven't been doing that well eating wise. Battling a lot of negative feelings right now. I'm just feeling sorry for myself I know. I'm so glad I can come here and "talk" to people who've been there, done that, and who understand.

Pam: You're doing FANTASTIC! Enjoy yourself at the wedding!

Thin: I'm glad you're mini-vacation went well. Good to see you back!

Andria (anDREEah {?}): Did I pronounce it right?

Tina: Where are you?

Mary: ((((HUGS))))) Have a wonderful weekend!

Good evening everyone

There is no joy in Mudville....
Oh well, maybe next year!
Old 10-17-2003, 11:27 PM   #17  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

We've been having a fun evening. Red Bull Rampage is in town through the weekend, and they hold a free dinner for the town on the Friday night before the competition gets serious. www.redbullrampage.com has some pictures of past competitions. Basically these guys get on super heavy duty mountain bikes and ride them off the mesas. Sound a bit insane? Sure it is. Looks like an amazing adrenaline high as well. Plus the purse is $10,000. The top guy in this sport lives just up the street from me. He is a totally down to earth sweetie and holds the free riding record of a 60 ft. jump.

I had to come home early from the party because my gut is acting up. When I get stressed out my body can react badly, and frankly, I've been under a lot of stress lately. I think the barbecue going away party for one of our coworkers at work today really set it off, though. I ate a lot of vegetables and salad, but I also had a burger, potato salad, chips and a piece of cake. It didn't seem like it at the time, but that kind of sounds like I made a piggy of myself. We ate almost two hours later than planned, and I didn't pace myself very well.

The other thing that might have set it off was some news that just blew me away. Remember when I had a flat tire a couple of weeks ago? Well, we sent the tire in for a road hazard adjustment because it was ruined. They got back with me today about it, and it wasn't a road hazard, someone sliced my tire. I know and trust this guy, he is our main tire supplier, and he says someone put something long and sharp in the sidewall of my tire. It was a clean cut.

I just don't know what to think. I am really hurt and sad to think that someone hates me enough to do something so potentially dangerous. The tire didn't go until I was about a mile away from a really dangerous set of twists and turns going down the mountain.

I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend trying to relax and just let all this stress go. I can't control how people feel about me. I can't control the actions of others. What I can control is how I react to situations. I can find a lesson in this and move on.

Even though I wasn't feeling too great by the time I left work, I at least went to Curves. We also walked up to the town park instead of driving. I don't make all the right choices, but at least I am not compounding the bad ones.

homebound/Joanne, do you think some of the negative feelings right now have to do with the changing seasons? Ever since Pam suggested this to me, I've been checking into it. Also, you are pretty darn close with the name, from what I can tell. Don't stress the middle bit, and you have it just right.

Pam, oooh, I love weddings! I hope the day is absolutely wonderful for everyone involved.

Terri, Happy Anniversary! I hope you and your sweetie have a wonderful evening celebrating.
I'm impressed how you are moving straight into a winter exercise schedule instead of wandering around feeling lost like I tend to do when the weather shifts. And BTW, you are the journaling queen!

I think I've caught everyone who has posted since my last one? I'm going to start getting a complex here soon... But then, there are quite a few of you who already said you had plans for the weekend. I'll have to get over myself. Catch you all tomorrow!

Andria
Old 10-17-2003, 11:37 PM   #18  
Progress..not perfection

I'm here, but unfortunately.... I only have time for a quick post.

Work was kinda crazy today, so my internet time was very limited. I won't be on till late tomorrow evening because I will be gone just about all day tomorrow. Trey is on an All Star football team that will be traveling to Knoxville tomorrow to participate in two games. He will not only be kicking all the field goals.... he will be playing his position (lineman) on offense and defense, doing all kickoffs and punt returns. In short, he will be a busy little man tomorrow. I hope I am prepared. Don't get me wrong though. I LOVE being a football Mom.

I am still OP and plan on going to WI on Sunday. My regular day IS on Monday, but Trey has a game on Monday, so of course I won't miss it....so I'll go to the Sunday WI this week. I've been wanting to try it out anyways..... so I'm killing two birds with one stone. At least I think so.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll check in tomorrow nights with all the news!

Love you!
Old 10-18-2003, 07:10 AM   #19  
a work in progress...

Hey there...

Busy AND in a funk! That's me! I haven't had ANY time to come here to try to sort things out...tomorrow things will slow down...then I'll be back.

'til then...
Old 10-18-2003, 09:58 AM   #20  
I'm on my way!

Good morning EVERYONE!! RISE AND SHINE!! AND PUT A GREAT BIG SMILE ON YOUR FACE!

Andrew and I took the babysitter out to breakfast (she spent the night last night) and then we went to the meat store and got lunchmeat and cheese and bread and some meats! I got a steal on the pork! It has 4 beautiful boneless porkchops, 9 beautiful bonless ribs and a nice boneless porkloin all for $8.96. It was suppose to be $2.99 a lb but someone keyed the wrong number on the tag so it was only $1.99 a lb. The rest of the pkgs were marked correctly! I dug and dug looking for another mistake cause I would have gotten more at that price! Their lunchmeats are wonderful and only like $2.99 a lb each, va baked ham, gourment turkey breast, lean roast beef Can't beat those prices!

Anyway...as some of the rest of you...that funk is floating from state to state. I have no motivation whatsoever right now...but...I am motivated to hook up with Barbara again and meet Kat at Peddler's Village...its been over a year now we have been trying to get together!! And Natalie too if you are still up to it!!

So Kat...do you have a time in mind for the 25th...you have to drive the furtherest...and also an idea of where you want to meet once we get there? Are we doing lunch? You give us some ideas...

OK I gotta get some school work turned in so and some laundry to get folded and some to wash still...never ending job!! I'll catch you all later!

TTFN Michelle
Old 10-18-2003, 11:45 AM   #21  

Hey everyone

This is going to be such a gorgeous day! Weather is supposed to be in the 80's and there isn't a cloud in the sky.

I'm doing a party this afternoon and we are making fondue. It is with my favorite group of customers. They always serve up margaritas and just kick back and enjoy themselves. I don't drink and they totally respect that without giving me a hard time, but they also make up some pretty, foofy little drink for me to enjoy along with them. Cute, huh

When I get back tonight we'll probably be heading up to watch the bike competition. If that doesn't prove interesting enough for everyone, I think we'll keep driving up the canyon and enjoy the color higher up. Actually, that might be a lousy idea. There is a special deer hunt this weekend up there. The national park doesn't open up often to hunting, but the deer population has been huge the last few years and causing a lot of accidents along the highway, plus with the lack of vegetation after 5 years of drought, they might all starve this winter.

Michelle, you are just the cutest bundle of energy! The first line of your post did make me smile. I have to admit I miss being near meat stores. There is just something cooler about going in to a place where you have a butcher who actually knows about meat instead of some kid who looks at you funny if you ask a question about a particular cut. Also, the rest of us are waiting for that Peddler's Village visit almost as much as you guys! We want pictures!!

Kat, I'm sorry you are in funkville flats as well. I'm laughing a bit as well, though, because as I typed that out, the line to that song came flashing through my head... Won't you take me to Funky Town... How do words end up having such different meanings?

Tina, you LOVE being a football mom? We didn't notice! I think it is absolutely cool that Trey is doing so well and that you are there watching him succeed. Even with 6 busy kids, at least one of my parents managed to make it to every one of our activities while we were growing up. It made a huge difference to me. Also, grats to you for remaining OP even with your busy schedule! I'm rooting for another great WI for you!

I'm kind of lazing about here (is that even a word?) in my big fleece robe and fuzzy butterfly slippers and planning on enjoying the last remnants of this morning. Just finished an article in O magazine (MIL sent me a subscription for my birthday ). It was about getting back on track after a setback. If any of you get the magazine, make sure to check out that one. There were some great motivational bits in there as well as some practical advice.

Andria
Old 10-18-2003, 01:27 PM   #22  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

ALMOST NOON HERE. TIME TO BE UP AND ABOUT AND ENJOYING AUTUMN! LET'S GET GOING LADIES......

I've been to the local farmers market. Picked up acorn squash, a lovely califlower the size of a basket ball, some red and yellow peppers and home grown popping corn. Oh and mmmmm fresh pressed cider. Came home and let the dogs run while I filled bird feeders and now it looks like rain is on the way so I'll do some paperwork this afternoon.

I'm, for once, not in the funk that seems to be haunting some of you. I even managed a week off from work, and therefore away from my eating routine, without any blowouts. What can I say to help you?? How about, maybe it's time to make a list (or pull out the one you already have) of all of the things you do to help yourself get thru the tough times and picking one thing each day to use as a crutch? Like "today I'll have ice water w/lemon and apple slices rather than soda and that bag off cookies." or "Today I'm only going to eat sitting down in the kitchen or dining room." I try to use that one a lot. Remember I'm the one with a note on the dash board that says No one is forcing you to sit in line at the Drive Thru ... Keep on going it says drive-thru NOT Stop!

ANDRIA: Have fun. I love froo froo drinks.

MICHELLE: Your wake up call was great. We all need cheerful shoves in the morning.

Well, I started this at around noon, stepped away for what was supposed to be a couple minutes and now it's 1:00 and time to sit down and finish it.

KAT: We're here for you when you get time to vent.

TINA:Good luck to you on Sunday. Glad to see you sssso OP and I'll be rooting for Trey!

TERRI: I'm impressed with your dedication. I wish I could get back on the exercise track but I can't yet put together even two day in one week.

MARY, SANDY JOANNE, Jo ANNE, PAM, EVERYONE.....

HAVE A GOOD SATURDAY.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon ladies!

My it is quiet. Well, at least I can keep caught up that way!

DH and I had a lovely time last night for our anniversary. We had authentic Greek. Okay, we're wusses. We don't like everything that is Greek as we found out. We love the olives..the feta cheese...the gyros...the dalmathes...but not the casserolie type stuff. Too earthy tasting and mushy texture. But we had a great evening together.

Today, we're cleaning house. We have so many things started and not yet complete - the domino effect ya know? We're tackling one room at a time. It won't take long if we just don't get sidetracked.

I need to get back to being busy. Mom will be here soon. She's staying the night and then going to church with us. We're having shrimp, salad, and they are having garlic bread (but not me). Tomorrow will be homemade taco's but I will limit the shells.

Michelle - Score! Don't you just love a good bargain!

Andria - Have fun! Sounds like you've got a busy weekend planned. Busy helps with funk.

J-Ann - Good to see you too. Great ideas on the funkville. Reading about letting the dogs run made me smile. I love to see the dogs run and have fun. Thanks for the kind words on being dedicated. I'm keeping at this and it sure is hard when the scale won't budge. Fat lot of good all the exercise is doing me - but I know, I KNOW, I can't quit because I know in the long run, its doing wonders for me. Its the short term that's hard to hang in there some times. But..must remain positive.

Uh oh. I hear DH's butt hit the couch and the TV come on. Better scoot and keep him busy.

Have a great day!
Old 10-18-2003, 08:24 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Thumbs down I'm Back!

Hi Girls!
I'm Back!!! I am so sad that they made us get off the ship this morning! We were having too much fun!
I am way too tired right now to post or read, but wanted to pop in for a quick hello.

I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to catching up tomorrow. The cruise was Fantastic!! I'll share stories and pictures later!!!

Talk to you soon!

Barb
Old 10-18-2003, 09:07 PM   #25  

Exhausted!!!! went to a craft sale today and am I tired. Had fun, bought a lot of stuff.

then

I came home and was looking up books on the internet for my nieces because that is what they want for Christmas. One wants some Chicken Soup books. Well, imagine my surprise there are Chicken Soup for the NASCAR Soul books.

Who would have thought, Oh, yeah, Tina!!!!!
Old 10-18-2003, 09:31 PM   #26  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello All,

I haven't been on the computer much, sorry not to be responding to individual posts..

I am exhausted... Far to out of shape to be chasing after a toddler and a 6 year old.. The 6 year old didn't have school Thursday or Friday, and the little one's day care provider was ill...so Grandma R to the rescue... My goodness, now I know why God wanted us to have our kids when we are young!!

I was so disgusted with myself last week when I gained 5 pounds, I got my blood pressure pill med prescription renewed and was very careful about staying OP this week, and I showed a whopping 7.4 loss at Friday's weigh in. I am pumped..that is nearly a 17 # loss since September 12, when I joined WW.

So if I lose even after all my mess ups I am thinking maybe I can do this thing. I have to remind myself it is OK to slip up now and then the main thing is to remind myself that the glass is half full

I promise to try and respond to individual posts later in the week.. Love to all....
Old 10-18-2003, 10:12 PM   #27  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Falcons TROUNCE Knox Powell!

Ok....I'm BAAAACK! First off, this will not be a huge post, because I am exhausted and sunburned and I want to do nothing more than fall in the bed, but I wanted to report in first.

FIRST off..... I'd like to mention, it is SO hard to eat OP when you're flying by the seat of your pants! My first challenge was to try and get something for breakfast at a convenience/gas store. I bought a General Mills strawberry cereal bar (3 pts) and a bag of baked Lays chips. (2 pts) No, not the healthiest breakfast in the world, but certainly better than gravy and biscuits, right? Ok..... for lunch, we found a little place called Harry's and while everyone else was chowing down on hamburgers and onion rings..... I ordered a roast beef sub with nothing on it but lettuce and added my own LF mayo. (individual packet saved from Chik Filet) AND.... I didn't eat the whole thing. Dh helped me out with it. I figure it could NOT be anymore than 8 pts. THEN..... here came the real test. Dinner at Golden Corral. I had a baked chicken breast, green beans, steamed rice, steamed squash and some corn! Wooo Hooo! Major victory day for me! I stayed within my points and with all the running around I did today, I KNOW I got in plenty of exercise.

On another note, I exercised four days this week. I did the 2 mile WATP 3 days... and the 3 mile WATP 1 day.

Now..... onto my football story:

How this all started was that Trey's team was challenged by the Knox Powell 9-10 year old football team in Knoxville Tennessee. Whoever won this game between the two would be the East Tennessee Bowl Champions. Now, first off.... I'll be honest. We were a little apprehensive about this, because some of our local teams have played Knox Powell and have been skunked, so we weren't looking real forward to driving almost 2 hours away just to get killed.

Well..... long story short, and I guess you've read the title, so you know we beat them. What you don't know however is that we not only played one game..... but TWO. The reason we played two is because another one of our county teams were supposed to play but to be honest......were afraid they would be beat, so they backed out. We played the first team and beat them 18-0. We got about a 45 minute rest/food break and then had to play the second team. (which I'd also like to mention, WERE undefeated)

Notice I said WERE. We beat them 12-8 and because we did, we are now the East Tennessee Champions. Here are some lovely memories of our day and we thought we'd just share them with you!

I know some of these will throw the board off, but we almost ready to start another thread, so I thought you wouldn't mind.

Hope you enjoy!

Little men in action. (We are the team in black and Trey is on the end to your right) #54

This is during halftime

Here are the Champions with their plaques! (WILL be in the newspaper)

And of course me..... the proud football Mom.

BY THE WAY LUCKY.... I HAVE "Chicken Soup for the Nascar Soul"... Thank you very much!

Last edited by QueenB; 10-18-2003 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:54 PM   #28  

Hey everyone

Wahoo! Lots of posts to come home and read! I'm really exhausted, but had a super fun afternoon. Oh man, the two fondue recipes we made were yummy! I'm about to fall asleep right here, so I'll come back tomorrow and make personal replies. Can't skip this one, though...

SYN!!! Congratulations on the 7.4 down!

Sleepy girl heading to bed now...

Andria
Old 10-19-2003, 01:34 AM   #29  
Dancing those pounds away

HI all... I have snuck in here while my company is in the bathroom.
I really miss everyone... two more days and hopefully I will be back.
i miss all of you.. but I also miss having my house to myself.
See you soon.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:52 AM   #30  

Good Morning Ladies,

Tina...Trey is the cutest! I know you are so proud of him! Great picture of you by the way.

2 cute: thanks for sneaking in, I miss you when you are not here.

Hello Andria

Syn... YOU ARE DOING GREAT CHICKIE.

Lucky...glad yesterday was a good day. I (because of my history with isolation), know how vital it is to get out and do things. I am doing so much more these days, and I have to keep it up. (It would be so "easy", some days to revert to old ways, but I know where that leads, more isolation, depression, and very soon I would be in the grips of compulsive overeating again. This way is much better!!!! Anyway, glad you enjoyed the craft show

Welcome home Barb, CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR TRIP!

Determined...(Terri, forgive me if I got your name wrong), sometimes my mind just draws a big blank on some of our alias'), Happy Anniversary to you! Glad you and hubby had fun...please enlighten this old weary mind.....of what your real name is...duh!!!

Michelle, Katrina, Homebound...and all the rest of you chickadees (Thin, where are you sweetie?) have a healthful day.

Oh...the wedding! It was beautiful! We all had a great time. AND I SKIPPED THE WEDDING CAKES!!! BRIDES CAKE WAS BUTTERCREAM!!! I COULD SMELL IT ANYWAY, AND RECALL THE TASTE , AND THE GROOM'S CAKE WAS CHOCOCALTE DECADENCE OR SOMETHING OF THAT NATURE. SMELLED GOOD TOO, BUT I WAS A GOOD GIRL. I was able to limit myself, I had decided ahead of time (that is always helpful to me), and besides plates were those small desert plates), IT'S A GOOD THING UH?
The bride was gorgeous, and the groom so handsome, and all the kiddies had a ball. And you know what?? I LOOKED GOOD! It was so nice to be able to dress up and feel good about myself again. (Makes me want to do more of it). If someone complimented me, I just said thank you. Imagine that!!!! Not feeling as if I had to "qualify" with some kind of "yeah but comment". I hope as I continue on this journey that becomes easier.

Okay sweeties, gotta get moving, talk to you later
Closed Thread