Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-21-2024, 04:53 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 170/160/130

Height: 5’4”

Thank you Ciecie!!!
I hope you and everyone are doing great today! Thank y’all for responding back to me and welcoming me!

I'm still a newbie, been spending any free time I can get to read on previous posts to gather information. I’m just about to the point thinking it would be easier if I just purchased all of the plans in pdf format from EBay. 😂.
It is A LOT of reading!!

Nahnee71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 05:05 PM   #152  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaRose View Post
Today is the start day for the challenge. So weigh yourself today. Then next Saturday report in with how many pounds you have gone down or up for the week. Hopefully all down.
I will post a weekly tally for pounds lost or gained for each of us for the week. Good luck.

1-2lb Weekly Weight Loss Challenge starting 20 January 2024
(Week1/Week2/Week3/Week4)

Bloominbutterflies / / / /
Ciecie / / / /
Diana / / / /
Jendiet / / / /
Nettnett / / / /
SinaRose / / / /
Old 01-21-2024, 05:27 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Diana glad that went ok
welcome nahnee
Welcome back ladyB. Great first steps.
ciecie, my net diary says I am over today at 1272 but I'm not logging exercise
Sina, good logging.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 05:36 PM   #154  

Hello Ladies,

May I join in on this also? I know I’m a day late but I weighed this am and I am 160 lbs today. I’m striving for 130! I did LAWL years ago and loved it! Our centers closed and I lost the desire! I’ve since been diagnosed with high b/p, diabetes (borderline) but I am taking Metformin daily, I have heart stents from a blockage in 2014, I’ve got terrible acid reflux and have had my esophagus dilated and stretched 5x now, the usual SOB, I have a synovial cyst on my spine that touches the nerve and at times it will hit the nerve and my leg will go numb, I have daily muscle aches and cramps, chronic pain, in 2022 I had a spinal fusion of 3 discs in my neck and they are replaced with titanium. Now I have 2 more bulging discs under the fusion. I’m falling apart at 53! I cannot control some of my medical issues but I can control my weight! And I believe once I get to my goal I will feel better, have more energy, and who knows? Maybe I can quit some of this medication? The reason I give my medical history is because I can’t fully “workout” like most people and idk what exercise I can do besides walking, stretching but I’m hoping y’all will have some ideas for me.
I have 3 grown son’s, 1 daughter in law and FINALLY my first grandson that just turned 2. I’m divorced so it’s just me. I’d love to get a puppy but not sure if I’m ip for the potty training. 😂.
But having a reason to get up and take it for a walk would be great for me! Now since I’ve got my first grandchild I don’t want to be a boring grandma! I want to take him to the park, play tricks in the floor with him, play outside with him, etc. and this has also really inspired me to lose this weight.
My worst enemy is Mtn. Dew!!! I was drinking about 5- 20 oz bottles daily!!! Yes, FIVE AND SOMETIMES MORE!!! I started last week weaning myself off of them and started back on my lemon water. I have not had any Mtn Dew in 2 days and I’ve been drinking my 64 oz of water daily for 3 days now!! I have not been running through a drive thru, I’ve been cooking. I did order a box of the chocolate/pnutbitter LA lites last week (I love them)! I’ve been trying to eat my grilled chicken, salad, Melba toast, eggs, fruit with light cottage cheese or plain yogurt with 1 stevia pack…. Just trying to prepare myself. Today I’ve done bad, I’ve had my 64 oz of water but I ate a scrambled egg sandwich (made with 2 whole eggs), 1 slice of cheese, on 2 pieces of Natures Own Honey wheat bread (70 cal per slice) but I added about a tsp and 1/2 of mayo to my sandwich! And that’s all I’ve eaten and it’s now 4:30 pm. I’m off track bad today!

Another issue I’m having is with all this H2O I’m up all hours of night running to the potty- I’m tired from not sleeping well. I cannot recall if this was an issue the first time I did this? Maybe my body will adapt. I even try not to drink after dark and thought that would help but hasn’t so far. I am open to any suggestions anyone has. And I would love to join this group if y’all don’t think I’m “too damaged” to be in it?! I’ve also learned there’s a friend request on each profile, I sent one to everyone doing the challenge that was listed above but if I’ve missed anyone please let me know.

Thanks to everyone for your help and for reading my boring biography!! 😂
God Bless and Good luck to everyone!! 👍🏼🙏🏼🫶
Old 01-21-2024, 05:38 PM   #155  

Smile

[QUOTE=jendiet;5469835]Diana glad that went ok
welcome nahnee
Welcome back ladyB. Great first steps.
ciecie, my net diary says I am over today at 1272 but I'm not logging exercise
Sina, good logging.[/QUOTE

❤️❤️ Thank you Jendiet
Old 01-21-2024, 09:28 PM   #156  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahnee71 View Post
Diana,
Thank you so much for your help! This forum is the only one that replied to me! I looked over the links you sent and it helped me a lot. Thank you again! Good luck on everyone’s journey!
God Bless,
Have a wonderful week!
Nahnee
I'm happy I could help. Welcome to the check-in. Good luck with your weight loss goals!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 12:34 AM   #157  

Good morning! Nahnee, you certainly can join us! Will be shutting down to go to bed in a few. 😁🍾😷🎉
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 03:57 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 216/205/120

Height: 5' 2"

Thank you all for the welcome backs, what a friendly bunch of people! So this week I am making red pepper onion scrambled eggs on sandwich thins, Greek omelets, and ham and cheese paninis. AND NO DELIVERY. I still have to figure out what phase 2 is, I really need to cut out eating when not hungry in general but that is a huge behavioral change for me and simply saying "now I only eat when I'm hungry" might not be good enough. Nahnee I never heard of a procedure to have your esophagus stretched/dilated. What led to that? I am diagnosed with GERD and sometimes my throat feels like it's closing up especially when I lie down, feels like there's something wrong with it. Maybe I need to have that procedure.
LadyBinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 07:38 AM   #159  

Good morning again! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁🎉😷🍾
Old 01-22-2024, 08:35 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Nahnee, my Aunt had that procedure done for GERD. She had it very bad. Yes we love Diana. She keeps us on track and encourages us all the time.

Good day all

I'm back down to 205.2 but pretty sure TOM is coming.

here's a low carb sweet red pepper snack i love to eat

Bag of sweet red peppers. Cream cheese, parmesan 1/2 each.

Soften cream cheese
split peppers down middle, remove seeds
combine cream cheese and parmesan. Scoop into peppers using fork to flatten.

Air fry for about 15 min. They will look a little browned and wrinkled when done.

Last edited by jendiet; 01-22-2024 at 08:42 AM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 09:48 AM   #161  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

My DH has had his esophagus stretched due to GERD. I know quite of few people who have benefited from the procedure.

Steps from yesterday: 6,477

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 22

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Some people say that what we look like on the outside has nothing to do with what we're like on the inside. This is true to a degree, but how we see ourselves has very much to do with what we think of ourselves. If we see ourselves as overweight, we will tend to think less of ourselves. If we see ourselves as physically fit and trim, then we will feel better. One of the advantages of leaning on Christ when we diet is that He has the power to make the old pass away and to bring about a wonderful newness to our lives. No one wants our transformation more than Christ Jesus. He's there to help.

Today's thought: There's a brand new me on the way!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 11:48 AM   #162  
Stay Committed & Believe

S/C/G: 152/152/122

Height: 5’8”

Nahnee71-welcome to the group and to the weekly challenge!! We are so happy you decided to join us. None of us are perfect, but we can share and learn from each other’s mistakes, and support each other to living healthy habits. So welcome Chick 🐥 🥰

I use to drink Canada Dry ginger ale quite a bit. I finally got over the soda habit some years back, and rarely drink soda now. I am so glad I beat it.

I get up all through the night to the bathroom. So I can’t help you with that one. I feel it is better to be hydrated than dehydrated due to my kidney stones.

Last edited by SinaRose; 01-22-2024 at 11:59 AM.
SinaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 12:00 PM   #163  
Stay Committed & Believe

Ladybinger- good job on avoiding food deliveries and battling that urge!
Old 01-22-2024, 12:30 PM   #164  

Good afternoon! Had breakfast and lunch. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. Nahnee, I also have GERD. It’s not fun. I have controlled it with diet and exercise. Years ago, I had to take medication for it. I decided to stop taking the medicine with doctors advice because the side effects outweighed the benefits. 😁🍾😷🎉

Last edited by ciecie; 01-22-2024 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2024, 01:56 PM   #165  
Stay Committed & Believe

Activity for 21 January 2024

Exercise
2mile walk &stretching
1mile walk
30 minutes strength, balance& stretching exercises
44 minutes elliptical

Requirements for Dairy, Fruit, Grains,Protein, Veggies have been met.

Meals (1399 cal)
Breakfast. (110 cal)
….Yogurt, Chobani Greek, Blueberry (110 cal)
Lunch (525 cal)
….Orange Juice 1 cup (110 cal)
….Bread, Thomas English Muffin 1/2 (75 cal)
….Tofu, 1/2 block (175 cal)
…..Vegetables, Stir fry, 1cup (35 cal)
….Bacon, Veggie strip 2 (60 cal)
….Sausage links, Morningstar veggie 2 (70 cal)
Snack (764 cal)
….Spinach, artichoke & Parmesan, La Terra fina dip2 tbsp (50)
….Crackers, Milton’s baked 14 crackers=1serv (130 cal)
….Bread, Kirkland Artisan roll 1 (270 cal)
….Olives, green w oil (74 cal)
… Prunes,Kirkland Signature 5 (100cal)
….Trail Mix, Coastal berry 3 tbsp (140 cal)