Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 10:06 AM   #61  
I Can and I Will

Dot! WTG on the weight loss!! U GO GIRL!! I have a loss to post as well... i lost 2 pounds!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!! I am soooo happy to have finally lost!
Amanda! AWESOME INCH LOSS!! U GO GIRL TOO!!! LOL

Stay strong everyone... and remember to take care of U!

Sandy
Old 09-29-2003, 10:54 AM   #62  

SandyB-- you get for your points and for your 2 pounds!!! Woo hoo. Keep at it girl!

Pam-- for Saturday and a big for Sunday! Keep plugging away, you're doing great!

Stay everyone!

Julie
Old 09-29-2003, 11:29 AM   #63  

Good morning!

Points for yesterday were 3pts, none for exercise. Well take care gotta run but I'll check back later.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:32 PM   #64  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hey Ladies!

I got 3 points yesterday - had a rest day from exercise.

Hope everyone is doing well.

PAM - Hope you get the job - how did the interview go?

DOT - Was it this weekend that Andrew visited? If so, how did it go?

SANDY B - Congratulations on your weight loss - that's fantastic!

JULIE - Glad to hear you are feeling better.

LISA - you are doing great, keep it up!

Keep it up everyone - we are doing great!

Love Amanda xxx
Old 09-29-2003, 04:14 PM   #65  

Good for you Amanda.
Yes Andrew visited last Tues. and once again he didn't drink...actually he still hasn't and its a bit scary because I never know when he will. So I kinda stop myself from getting my hopes up high. See he is a great guy, except for the drinking and all. But anyway, I am trying to be strong and stern. I am not giving in to him and I think he is understanding I am not playing games anymore and that I want to see results and not just hear about them. He is coming back today...let's see how he does.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Where's Faye???When she coming back? I miss her.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:46 PM   #66  

WOOHOO, guess who is home? We had such a fantabulous time and TAATAADAHDAH.................CUBS WON THE DIVISION AND ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS! WHAT A BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!!!!!!!!

I would like to give a big KISS AND HUG to Julie for keeping everything going. You are an angel sweety and I know I appreciate it so much as well as every lady.

Lisa: It is great to have you here. Welcome welcome. If you haven't already, check out the first post of the thread and it tells you all our challenges and info. Ask any questions and you can always pm me anytime.

Kristasmom: I don't know if you posted your name, but I see that you posted while I was gone and BIG welcome to you too!

For our newbies, here is our personal info:

Hi, my name is Faye, I am now officially 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married next fall, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 3. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise at least an hour 7 days a week and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

SN: Honeyrose29
I am a 32 yr old married mom of 5 kids ranging in age from 13.5 to 3. Four boys and a girl. My all-time heaviest weight was 232 and my goal is 130-135. I only have about 10-15 lbs left until I reach my goal but I am really struggling with them. I live in Ohio with my family and a house full of parrots . I do private rescue for unwanted birds and I enjoy and spend a great deal of time quilting which is an art passed to me from my grandmother and I think of her with every stitch . Thats my story!

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 29 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

I'm 37 and I have to kids 15 and 5. I've been married 19 years. I am about to start a janitorial business. I did that before and let it go, now the kids are bigger I'm going at it again. I weigh 170 and have weighed that since the first one was born. I would like to weigh 135 which is what I weighed before she was born. I live in Northa Carolina. I wonder are we close? I don't care if you post any of this. Thanks for everything--Debra Lee

43 years old-lived in the South all my life...and love it! I live with my partner Jane of 8 years. We have a booth at local antique mall, and we enjoy going on treasure hunts to find more....I enjoy reading, mostly books by Southern authors, but will read most anything except Science Fiction, or Harlequin Romances...I enjoy writing, cross-stitching, and other crafts. I love to cook....and now I love to exercise!!! (well I don't really love it....but I feel so much better, so I do it whether I want to or not, and it makes me feel great!) I am ever so thankful that I am able to do it now. I spend a lot of time with my mother, sister and my 2 beautiful neices, Nikki and Angie (21 and 19), they are the joys in my life. I currently work as a Switchboard Operator at an answering service where I have been for the last 2 1/2 yrs. Next fall I plan on returning to college (have to exercise this old mind too!) to obtain my Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology...I graduated from Athens State University....waaaaaaay back in 1985!! Well, ladies that's me in a nutshell!! I am loving life these days, and so very grateful to have found this forum and all of you wonderful gals!! Couldn't do this without you. Together we are a united force! Pam

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

Hello,my name is Joy Lee,and I currently live in Sylvester,Georgia. I am 46 years young and I weigh 258 lbs at this time..I have been working out and watching what eat ,keeping it low fat and healthy as possible..I started out at 329 lbs,which was my highest weight ever...I have lost down to where I am now in about 8 months..mainly by the exercise and healthy eating..I do a lot of walking and strength training ,sometimes adding an exercise video..I am very active,as I have 5 children ,ages 27 to 7 years old,and a 2 year old grandchild{ girl}...I have 2 boys and 3 girls,2 of which are still at home...we do a lot of family activities,sports,family hikes and theme parks,so I really stay on the go and stay very busy. I have a goal weight of 180,which I hope to be there by summer of 2004 . I am looking for all the support I can get,and be able to give all that I can.

Hi! My name is Ritu and I'm from India. I have 2 children, a son 19 and a daughter 17. Both my kids are in college. Till recently I was a stay at home mom so I'm finding the 'empty nest' a bit difficult to handle. Fortunately, I started a small business of my own a couple of years ago, so that keeps me busy. I'm also very lucky in that I have amazing friends and family. I have been a yo-yo dieter for the past 18 years -I only put on weight after my pregnancy before which I weighed 110 lbs. I started dieting 18 yrs. ago at 150 lbs., and since have been up and down zillion times. I now weigh 176 lbs, my highest ever. I lost 32 lbs. last year and have gained them all back plus 5 more this year. But this time I know I will succeed.

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

Screen name: mugirl213
I am 25 and currently residing with my parents in Reading, PA (like the railroad from Monopoly). I work in advertising for Boscov's, which is the largest family-owned department store in the US. I am not married, nor do I have any children, but I am coming off of some recent drama dealing with 2 boyfriends. Long story, but I'm on the straight and narrow now. I belong to a gym which I have been attending 6 days of the week (Saturday's off) and I count calories and try to stay under 1300 daily. I have 2 parents, 1 dog, some fish, a sister, a brother-in-law, 2 nephews, 2 grandparents and a partridge in a pear tree.

I got home and we dragged everything in and I am pooped so I told Jack we would put everything away tomorrow. I came up and read my e-mail and GUESS WHAT? My "fat" poem won an award and will be placed in a poetry book along with my biograghy and another poem I am supposed to submit to them for a $ award contest so I have to get the thinking cap on and create again. I am so shocked.

As for my trip, it was spectacular. Got into Chicago around 1 AM and slept until around 9. Went looking for Wrigley Field, found it and Harry Caray's, then we went to the museum, I got to feeling bad (TOM decided to rise up) so we decided to go out to their big mall, got lost in downtown Chicago at lunchtime (UGH WHAT A MESS) and 3 hours later instead of lunch, we ate ate dinner at the CHEESECAKE FACTORY (need I say more) and came back to the hotel in a driving rain storm. Saturday, we skipped the ZOO because it was really cold and wet, drove over to Indiana instead to see our son and give him the extra CUBS ticket we had (they were scalping them for $500 each and we paid $20) and he was going to try and sell it, spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with my oldest sister and her husband and went to the big Amish restaurant called Das Essenhaus and drove back to Chicago getting back to the hotel about 10. My sister bought me a baseball mit and glove picture frame for a pic of Thomas, a book I have already read (didn't tell her that though) and a beautiful fall candle in a stand. Sunday was "I TURN 50" day and GIRLIES it was so cold it would have frozen your boobies right off! Because the CUBS played a doubleheader on Sat and won the division title, Sunday's game didn't count for anything, but the WGN announcer and former CUBS player, Ron Santo was having his number retired. The game was at 1:20 and the ceremony at 12:30 but I was sitting on the bed naked having taken my shower at 9:30 am and saw on WGN's news that there were 3000 people at the stadium so we rushed around and left. The wind blew ferociously and it was about 50 so it was so cold. I had taken a blanket, our son, his fiance, her friend and the friend's boyfriend and mother (who got the extra ticket, which was fine with us) all got there around 12:30 and we just had a great time. Jay bought his dad a CUBS hat, I bought Thomas this big soft stuffed baseball that said Chicago CUbs on it and a bat (his mom will kill me!) and the first 10,000 ladies got this cute little ceramic bear wearing a CUBS uniform and Ryne Sanburgs # on it. Also, my son, unknown to me had submitted a guest card and they announced my birthday on WGN radio AND TV on Sunday which was really special. We left early since the game didn't count and went back to the hotel and changed into dressier clothes. GIRLS I BOUGHT A PAIR OF 2 INCH HIGH DRESS MULES (SHOES) AND LOOKED HOT HOT HOT! I haven't worn heels in a longggggg time. Dinner at Harry Caray's was fabulous, the food was exquisite though really expensive, our son paid for our dinner, but we bought a bottle of champagne and toasted their engagement (my future dil's friends came too). The two of them bought me the most beautiful jewelry box, an assortment of Bath and Body products in my favorite scent, Cotton Blossom, a PAIR OF YELLOW DIAMOND earrings, and this pewter "prayer box" necklace. It is this tiny tiny box that you can open like a locket and you insert a prayer into it that you want answered. Other than my period starting and having a mess driving home today, it was just an amazing weekend.

Julie, if you don't mind finishing up today, I will take over tomorrow morning. Jack went to pick us up some dinner, so I need to go downstairs.

LOVE AND MISSED YOU GALS BUNCHES AND BUNCHES,

Faye
Old 09-29-2003, 09:20 PM   #67  

Nice to meet you Faye! Sounds like you had a fabulous bithday! Happy b-lated birthday to you!
Today I stayed O/P even though I was taken out to lunch by my boss. I just ordered a cajun chicken salad with fat free lite vinegrette dressing. I passed on the soup since it was broccoli cheese. I fear the unknown calorie count on that. I also drank my water and I exercised as well!
Gotta get up early so I need to run. Good night.
Lisa

PS. Thanks for all the info Faye.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:00 PM   #68  

Whooooooohooooooooo Faye! Welcome back...happy belated b-day sounds like you had a blast. Good for you and sorry if I got carried away with the smileys there .

I got all my points for today...4pts. I am trying to exercise 6 days out 7.

Tonight after dinner I got a bit worried because i thought I went over my points or something because i felt really full so I doulbe checked everything again, but I guess my stomach is just getting used to less food. Guess that's a good thing. Sorry gals about the run on sentence..hehehe

You all have a lovely night. Sweet dreams
Old 09-29-2003, 10:01 PM   #69  

oh and Lisa...congrats on staying o/p and passing on the soup...good for you.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:09 AM   #70  

DO NOT POST HERE! COME VISIT AND SIT A SPELL AT #30
Closed Thread