Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 10:31 PM   #61  

oh yeah, didn't walk, still have to two more times. must walk sat and sun . wish me luck.
lisa
Old 09-27-2003, 02:11 AM   #62  

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy Sorry

Oh I won't be doing my crunches tonight... I've come down with something earlier in the day and I just can't stay away from the "little girls" room!! (sorry)

Anyway, hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I've already succeeded in the challenge by doing 4 days... I was just hoping to do all seven!!

I will chat tomorrow!

Marti
Old 09-27-2003, 03:07 AM   #63  
work in progress

Hey Ladies!!
I wanna join! Sign me up for tomorrows start up.
My hubby wants to get going so i'll be back later with my goals!

See ya!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:47 AM   #64  

Welcome, Lavender Girl!

Marti, hope you feel better. What is your crunch routine? I do the same number of reps for two weeks and then increase. I do mine every other day. I started center 40, right and left 20 each, and reverse 10. Now I'm up to center 60, right and left 30 each, reverse 20.

Lisa, isn't it great when you're too tired to eat? Good for you for eliminating empty calories from your life. Yes, counting calories is a powerful tool for losing weight. You know that if you go over, you don't lose. It's very cause-and-effect, very rational. I'm glad it's working for you. I am able to lose like that, but not keep it off. Looking back, when I was thin I probably ate 1700 calories a day. (I was a couch potato and never exercised.) Once I lose weight, I never bother counting to 1700. So I always gain it back. Now, on the days I eat vegan, I count after the fact and find that I rarely eat above 1700. I figure I can sustain that. But hey, to each her own. I'm betting you'll see rapid, constant weight loss with your plan. 3.6 lbs. is nothing to sneeze at.

Eydie, I don't blame your body for being tired! You are going to be one buff chick.

Scooby Snacks, welcome!

Happy Dance, I bet you'll lose. You didn't use any of your flex points and no cheating. Here's hoping you see a loss.

Well, for the past two nights, I've been ready to give up. I've found that when I'm happy and bubbly, I want to eat. Hello, emotional eating! But both nights, God, and hubby have saved me. Hubby hasn't wanted to go out to eat, so we cook at home, which means I stay vegan. I think of Sarah McLaughlin (SP?) -- "It's hard at the end of the day." Four days to go. I will have to think of you gals constantly to make it. Sunday will be hard since that has been our customary go out to eat day. But I will think of Eydie trying a vegan day on Tuesday... and I will pray...

Made some really, REALLY good vegan blueberry muffins yesterday. Also a good spinach casserole that I will definitely make again. It's fun trying all this new food.

Everyone have a good day,
AR
Old 09-27-2003, 02:12 PM   #65  
work in progress

Ok...
I know that goals are posted tomorrow, but I thought that I would review with the group what I did this week.
I worked out:
M - Morning - ran 3 miles
T - nothing
W - Mrng - push-ups, sit-ups, sprints & Afternoon - #0 min workout video "Zumba"
R - nothing
F - Mrng - ran 2 miles
S - Afternoon - Gym: 45 minutes cross trainer, 20 minutes free weights & machines upper body, 100 crunches (40 side, 60 center)
S - ?

I am really excited about next week! I am starting a spinning class, I have never done it before, but I have heard good things!
I did not eat very well this week and have felt bloated and crappy most of it. But tomorrow is tomorrow, and I did pretty well today!
I the thing that I am most proud of this week is that I am now up to bench pressing 65lbs (free weights)! I started with just the bar, so adding that 20lbs today felt really good!!
Well, I'll be looking for you all tomorrow morning!
Smooches!
Old 09-27-2003, 02:48 PM   #66  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls!

I'm feeling much better this morning. I have no idea what was wrong with me yesterday... I think I must have ate something that disagreed with me.

Lavendar Girl- Welcome!! Spinning class!! Wow, you're one busy girl!! All that weight lifting and now spinning! I've never tried it, but have always wanted to. I think I really need to QUIT SMOKING first!! My lungs wouldn't be able to handle that class!!

AR-I love blueberry muffins!! My question is how do you make it vegan?? And the spinach caserole sounds good too. You sound like you're doing great. Good for you!! My crunch routine sounds a lot like yours. minus the reverse. Haven't gotten that down yet. I like how I feel afterwards too... like I'm accomplishing something good. This thread really helps me out!!

Eydie-Good for you on the pilates and working the treadmill!! I've never tried pilates....I heard it's a lot like yoga... is it? If so, how different is it from yoga?

Lisa- you're doing well with your goals too I see!!

Everyone is doing great!! I applaud you all!!

I already have planned to up the crunches a bit, and start going to the gym, For the next weeks challenge. I will fine tune the new goal later tomorrow...

Everyone have an excellent day!!!

Marti
Old 09-27-2003, 04:08 PM   #67  

Marti- glad to hear your feeling better.

Lavender girl- welcome I am sure you'll enjoy it here and find it supportive.

Aquareggies-thanks and btw that food your making sounds really yummmy lol. I am not the cooking type not because I wouldn't like to but because 1- I don't really know how and 2- I dont have much time. Nontheless, I have gotten better, especially after I finished school and started getting home from work earlier.

Lisa- congrats keep it up you're doing great.

Everyone else- I hope your all having a wonderful weekend. Oh boy tomorrow night is my weigh in...drumrrrrrrrroll please hahahaha.
Old 09-27-2003, 04:30 PM   #68  

I'm doing not so great actually. I woke up with an unbelievable headache like I've never had before. I must have gotten up in the night to pee 5 or 6 times and when i woke I was so dehydrted, I felt like I had been lying in the desert all night. I'm in a group that's putting on a haunted acres this year and went shopping for supplies with a good friend. I'm home now and weak and it's raining out, so I'm not sure I'll make it on the walking part of my challenge. I feel so odd. I have so much to do, but no strength. Just thirst.
I'm still gonna try.
Lisa
Old 09-27-2003, 06:16 PM   #69  
deleted2

Another day down. I LOVE these one-week challenges!!!

Did a 45 min step video first thing this morning and it was wonderful. Good sweat!!!! Then out into the big bad world with all its temptations and had a relatively healthy meal at a Thai place, and a rice 'ice cream' kind of thing on the way home. Aquareggie, I'm laying in supplies for my vegan day. So glad I remembered the soy creamer for my beloved coffee!

M.N.J., yes, pilates is alot like yoga---with even more control, if you can imagine such a thing. Right now I feel brain-dead to explain it any further! I can tell you that it makes you feel all strtched out and graceful.
Give it a try if you get a chance. Maybe rent a video from the library or something? I love it as much as yoga!

We're all doing so well--I'm proud to be part of this group. We're on fire!

Old 09-27-2003, 08:03 PM   #70  
I Can and I Will

Hello ladies!! Well last night of both yoga and no eating after 7pm... The eating i am done with... just finished dinner...lol I still have to do my yoga tho. I cought some bug last night and have been hoping to feel well enuf to do it... so i will get it in tonite. I lowered my calorie intake to see if that would jump start my loosing as i havent lost in 2 1/2 weeks. I did alright on 1800 too... i havent even had 1500 for the day so... so far so good!
Hope all is well with all of u... take care of u!

Sandy
Old 09-27-2003, 10:26 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Angry I did it!!!!

I achieved my goal of dual cardio four times this week... and I STILL haven't had my ONE coke for this week... so I will say I have made my challenge!!! YEAH! I am getting ready for next weeks!

Good Luck Sandy... You can do it!

Eydie... I got Pilates for Dummies today.. going to incorporate that into my new challenge next week.. I would love to feel all stretched out and graceful!! I will let you know how I like it! And WTG on your healthy eating... I know you overcame many temptations! Good Job!

Lisa... so sorry about your headache.. hope you start feeling better soon!!!

happy dance dot good luck on your weigh in!!! I hope the scales like you tomorrow!

Marti... glad you are feeling better.... and I love that feeling too after a good ab workout!

Lavender Girl... Welcome and good luck.. this is a great forum and it really keeps you motivated!!! Let us know how the spinning goes.. I have always thought that would be fun!

AR... I LOVE Sarah... and that is a great song!!! I am an emotional eater too, and somedays I have such a hard time controling myself, but I keep thinking, that stuff will be here later when I am in the maintance mode, and not in the losing weight mode..... and I would rather lose weight than eat.. and MOST of the time, that has worked. Keep up the great work.. you can do it!

Ok... hi to everyone else I may have missed..... I am tired now and need to go do my triceps work before I go to bed....

Cherie
Old 09-27-2003, 11:51 PM   #72  

Cool I'm a loser...

I didn't succeed in my one week challenge of no unhealthy dessert. I am sorry for letting the group down. I had angelfood cake w/ strawberries and whip topping. I made it almost a week which is much better than every night, so I am still kinda happy with my improvement. i just caved in for some reason.I did walk tonight though in spite of feeling crummy all day. I walked 1 mile.

Have a great Night,
Lisa
Old 09-28-2003, 12:00 AM   #73  

lisa don't give up...like you said at least u have improved and plus you went out and walked a mile...so good for you. Temptations are hard to overcome. How did u come along that dessert though? If you had it at home just don't buy that stuff anymore lol. If all u have at home is good healthy food that's all you'll have to eat...and that makes it easier to resist cravings and such. Anyway, glad to hear everyone is doing good.

I will let you all know how the scale reads tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:14 AM   #74  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile No loser!

Lisa, you're not a loser, so don't say that. I really don't want to hear that kind of talk out of you! OK, one dessert is no big thing. It doesn't cancel out all the times you DIDN'T have dessert and all the effort you've made all along. You certainly didn't let anybody down. You should be happy about your improvement. Just have a little chuckle at your strawberry shortcake adventure and kick on!

Change is a scary thing and sometimes maybe we just need to reconnect with the way we've been in order to steady ourself for the new steps ahead. It's not a disaster. It's a necessary part of moving on. Think of it as sailing a ship. Sometimes you need to veer off course in order to confirm the course that you wanted to be on. You go, "was THIS the way I wanted to go?'' and then you realize, "oh, no, THAT wasn't it. THIS is!" and on you go, stronger than ever.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:24 AM   #75  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Arrow BULLETIN: Success stories pouring in!

OK, I'm checking in because I realize I never said I had completed my challenge. I knocked off all three days of the no eating after 6 p.m. on Mon., Tues, and Wednesday. So my challenge, my week, was over way before you all, thanks to the wimpishness of my unambitious ways! But, I'll be back next week and I may just up it to 4 days. Wow! You are all so inspiring I'm actually wanting to do something a little more challenging now that I also know I CAN do what I did so far.

Photogirl, congratulations for making it through your week successfully. You really did a ton of exercise. You must feel very accomplished. I hope to see you back on this coming week's challenge too. By the way, I got Pilates for Dummies and never even looked at it (the video that is). Thanks for reminding me!

Sandybrat, how are you doing? I hope you're feeling better. Were you able to do your yoga? What are you setting your calorie intake at now?

Eydie, Good for you on your video workout. Hope the "big bad world" is being good to you! Keep it up!

happy dance dot, how did your weighin go? I sure hope you see a drop. We're rooting for you!

MNJ, you've gotten your crunches done for the week, right? Yes, I see you have. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing your finetuned goal for the next challenge!

Lavender Girl, Hello and welcome! I'll be starting the new thread tomorrow. Well, actually I may get it up there sooner so you can all say hi and anticipate the great kickoff! Good luck!

Aquareggie, How are you? I'm sending lots of power your way! You can do it. I am an emotional eater too and I've been allowing myself to pig out the past few days. I realize how it weakens my resolve all around though because I feel so much weaker and just out of sorts. I think that doing this though is making me realize all the more how I WANT to eat clean and exercise hard because it just makes me feel, yes, tired, but GOOD as well. Good luck to you!

Southern Butterfly, you're going strong too I see. Good for you!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-28-2003 at 04:27 AM.
Closed Thread