Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-08-2021, 02:44 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 209/182/175

day 82 ...

no late-night eating ... 41 days in a row ... another new world record !!!

had a middling headache this morning. yesterday i ate an orange, a lot of grapes and a blueberry bagel. the bagel is the number 1 suspect. bread of all kinds is off my list of acceptable foods but this was an exception that i allowed as a super-bowl "treat" ; some treat ! it's funny that i have had a bottle of baileys irish cream (which i REALLY like) in the fridge for over a month and a half, but from the moment i brought that bagel home i could hardly stop thinking about it.
no demerit for the bagel as it was a conscious, planned transgression for the super bowl.

a 3 star day ... 2 in a row !

night-time eating ... WIN;
water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
VeggieManJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:54 PM   #77  

day 83 ...

no late-night eating ... 42 days in a row ... another new world record !!!

SLIGHT headache this morning, the suspects are 1 orange plus 1 banana. sucks to have to be so careful about what one eats , but that is the new reality for me. just have to focus on the fact that i CAN eat these things in small amounts, and there is a huge variety of foods that i CAN eat with no problem.

other than the morning headache, i fell asleep rather easily and slept rather soundly throughout the night, so there's that.

a 3 star day ... 3 in a row !

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #78  

day 84 ...

no late-night eating ... 43 days in a row ... another new world record !!!

pretty bad headache ... started around bed-time making it difficult to fall, and stay, asleep. finally took a couple of pain-killers somewhere around 5:30AM. having eaten super-clean all day with no transgressions whatsoever i was puzzled. just finished a quick search and found that regular ole' green peas are a source of tyramine, and for last nights dinner i finished off the bag ... what i would consider 2-3 normal servings ... so there's that. no demerit for clean-eating as it was unintentional and i was totally unaware.

a 3 star day ... 4 in a row !

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #79  

day 85 ...

no late-night eating ... 44 days in a row ... another new world record !!!

bad headache this morning; knocked me out of bed about 2 hours early ... AGAIN. food-wise, the only real suspect is that i overdid it a bit with the cottage cheese and had 2 oranges. HOWEVER ... i have come to realize that as soon as i get a coffee in me the headache quickly vanishes. i have read that caffeine withdrawal can occur 12 - 24 hours after the last dose. i am very sporadic about having a mid-day coffee ... sometimes i will have one around noon, sometimes hours later, sometimes not at all. starting today, i am going to make a point of having a coffee around 6 - 8 pm and see where that takes me; i may be onto something here, or not . TBD. not worried about it keeping me awake as it doesn't seem to affect me that way since i cut my consumption back a few years ago.

the scale showed a 3lb. gain since yesterday morning !!! i know the scale is finicky but that is disturbing. can't be right though, even a staggering 2000 calorie overage wouldnt produce that kind of gain in 24 hours. eager to see what it says tomorrow.

a 3 star day ... 5 in a row !

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:56 PM   #80  

day 86 ...

no late-night eating ... 45 days in a row ... another new world record !!!

NO headache this morning. had a cup of coffee, as planned, at 7pm and it didn't affect my ability to sleep, as expected. ate 2 oranges and a lot of cottage cheese. this is day 1 of the "evening coffee" plan.

the scale has recovered from it's 3lb. spazz so i am feeling relieved about that.

a 3 star day ... 6 in a row !

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #81  

day 87 ...

no late-night eating ... 46 days in a row ... another new world record !!!

NO headaches this morning. day 2 of the evening coffee program, in fact, i almost forgot and didn't make the coffee until 10:00pm. it didn't keep me up but i did wake up after about an hours sleep and was a bit restless for a couple of hours. i even risked a couple of tablespoons of yogurt, but i really want to avoid any potential headache-inducing foods so as to test out this caffeine withdrawal hypothesis.

really allowed myself to get bored and did too much snacking; must constantly be on the alert for that. snowing today, so it will be a mainly indoors day and i will have to get busy with some odd jobs.

a 3 star day ... 7 in a row !

night-time eating ... win;
water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:11 PM   #82  

day 88 ...

no late-night eating ... 47 days in a row ... another new world record !!!

went off the rails big-time ... had a longish story typed out but lost it because this site seems to time you out quickly when writing an entry. suffice to say that cookies and muffins were involved. finally managed to conjure up enough self-control to toss out the last half of the bag of cookies.

the good news ... kept my late-night, no-eating streak alive and woke up with NO headache after day 3 of the evening coffee program.

water intake ... FAIL;
clean eating ... FAIL.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:45 PM   #83  

day 89 ...

no late-night eating ... 48 days in a row ... another new world record !!!

in spite of another dull, cold, indoorsy winter day i managed to keep myself just busy enough to avoid too much snacking, kept on top of my water intake and the monday morning weigh-in shows a 1.5lb. loss for the week in spite of saturdays cookie debacle !

NO morning headache ... 4 days in a row and 4 days on the evening coffee program. co-incidence ? time will tell.

a 3 star day.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-16-2021, 03:56 PM   #84  

day 90 ...

no late-night eating ... 49 days in a row ... another new world record !!!

NO morning headache ... 5 days in a row and 5 days on the evening coffee program.

a 3 star day ... 2 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #85  

day 91 ...

no late-night eating ... 50 days in a row ... another new world record !

NO morning headache ... 6 days in a row and 6 days on the evening coffee program.

ticking along nicely with a string of wins, no headaches, and a scale that is giving me positive feedback. starting to think about what i will do when i reach the maintenance stage; haven't come up with any answers but i have plenty of time to think about it. still a ways to go yet.

a 3 star day ... 3 in a row.

night-time eating --- WIN;
water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #86  

day 92 ...

no late night-eating ... 51 days in a row ... another new world record !

despite all the successive wins in this department there's still a point somewhere in the night, EVERY night, where i am going to think that "just a little snack" would be in order. if i didn't regularly have dinner/dessert SO very late in the evening, the window of opportunity for temptation to win would be open for much longer.

NO morning headache ... 7 days in a row and 7 days on the evening coffee program.

a 3 star day ... 4 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-19-2021, 12:40 PM   #87  

day 93 ...

no late-night eating ... 52 days in a row ... another new world record !

unfortunately, knocked out of bed early by a moderate headache. had 2 muffins earlier in the day (around noon i think), so they would be the prime suspects, even though baked goods, when eaten early enough, don't seem to have been a problem in the past. will avoid them and see how things go. i did have my evening coffee, marking day 8 of the evening coffee program, so i am a little discouraged about this. will continue the evening coffee program as 7 mornings in a row without headaches hasn't happened for many months, perhaps even a couple of years. the muffins were planned, not an impulse, so no demerit there.

a 3 star day ... 5 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:10 PM   #88  

day 94 ...

no late-night eating ... 53 days in a row ... another new world record !

NO headache this morning, so 8 out of 9 days on the evening coffee program have resulted in headache-free mornings.

had the usual saturday morning (high calorie) restaurant breakfast with grandson this morning. my calorie deficit is such that i can afford to do this once a week so it's all good there. ticking along swimmingly towards the official monday morning weigh-in and the scale is telling me to stay the course.

another 3 star day ... 6 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:33 PM   #89  

day 95 ...

no late-night eating ... 54 days in a row ... another new world record !

NO headache this morning ... so 9 out of 10 days on the evening coffee program have resulted in headache-free mornings.

other than staying away from the kitchen after dinner, the biggest challenge i seem to face lately is staying away from the cottage cheese; oh how i love the taste of that stuff. today will be mostly an indoors day so it will be a challenge to stay out of the kitchen.

another 3 star day ... 7 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:44 PM   #90  

day 96 ...

no late-night eating ... 55 days in a row ... another new world record !

NO headache this morning ... so 10 out of 11 days of the evening coffee program have resulted in headache-free mornings.

today being monday is the weekly weigh-in and the results were good. plan the work, work the plan !

another 3 star day ... 8 in a row.

water intake ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN.