Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 209/182/175

day 276 ...

no headache whatsoever this morning, so either my body has (finally!) adjusted to the reduced caffeine intake (day 12 of the CRP) or, it had already done so and the pancake dinners were, for some reason, causing headaches. will steer clear of pancakes tonight but will test this out sometime in the future.

a 3 star day ... 4 in a row.

late-night eating ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN;
water intake ... WIN.
VeggieManJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:26 PM   #272  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Dropping in to offer support and cheer you on! I'm reading your back catalogue as I enjoy a bowl of frozen blueberries.

Keep on!!! Your journey is very inspiring!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:10 PM   #273  

day 277 ...

had a headache this morning; well worth noting that i had no coffee at all yesterday, just tea, and also worth noting that i had no pancakes last night, so i can't blame it on that.. probably my body adjusting to an even lower caffeine intake. i have just finished my daily coffee and, sure enough, it knocked the headache back completely.

on the dietary correction front, in a last-ditch effort to move back into calorie deficit territory, i am going to make cottage cheese a once-in-a-while treat rather than a dietary staple. it's certainly healthy, and reasonably low in calories , but if i have it in the fridge i will easily eat a 1lb. container of it and be looking for more. also, going to have to reduce the frequency with which i eat scones/bagels/muffins. despite my sexy screen name, i don't eat nearly enough vegetables ... so there's that.

a 3 star day ... 4 in a row.

late-night eating ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN;
water intake ... WIN.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:04 PM   #274  

day 278 ...

another headache this morning ...light-to- middling in strength. just enough to get me out of bed earlier than i would have liked. day 14 of the CRP. other than the one day where i had no coffee at all, i have been rock-steady with my plan of 1 cup of coffee, supplemented with several cups of tea each day. surely my body has to adjust at some point ? if not, i will try having a cup of tea last thing at night to stave off the withdrawal symptoms.

had a (LARGE) muffin yesterday. having a bit of a hard time staying away from baked goods. i am nowhere near excessive with my consumption like in the bad old days, but even a single muffin or bagel packs quite a calorie load.

a 3 star day ... 5 in a row.

late night eating ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN;
water intake ... WIN.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:31 PM   #275  

day 279 ...

day 15 of the CRP. i am sure i felt a slight twinge of a headache this morning about an hour before i got out of bed, but when i did get up it was completely gone. keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. worth noting that i had blueberry pancakes for dinner last night .

i am really liking the taste of tea with a bit of stevia in it. don't get me wrong, like a good addict, i look forward to that caffeine laden cup of black starbucks coffee with breakfast, but i find that tea is a more gentle way to get going in the morning.

racking up the 3 star days with 6 in a row now. hoping this translates into some downward movement on the scale.

late night eating ... WIN;
clean eating ... WIN;
water intake ... WIN.
Old 08-27-2021, 03:18 PM   #276  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Just to cheer you on your path without coffee. Keep on keeping on.
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 03:55 PM   #277  

S/C/G: CharlesMup

Thanks
cruizerdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:40 AM   #278  

day 296 ...

thanks for the encouragement, bill ! i am doing ok on the coffee reduction program ... STILL get a twinge of a headache some mornings, others not, even though my tea/coffee regime is pretty steady.

anyhow ... it has been 17 days since i last posted. i guess i could say i took a hiatus from the dietary correction, and the scale has responded accordingly; up 5 lbs in just 17 days and i really don't think i went off the rails all that badly.

whateva !

now what to do with the jam and peanut butter in the cupboard ?

getting back on the horse, slow and steady wins the race. reminding myself that this is a permanent dietary correction, not a short-term sprint.

Old 09-23-2021, 01:29 PM   #279  

day 305 ... i think ...

time to re-commit, re-trench, back to basics ... whateva ...

starting the day without a glass of water (and subsequently drinking almost no water throughout the day) isn't working.
veering from the plan isn't working.
not posting every day isn't working.

going back to my "3 star" program. stringing together 3 star days DOES work, so i am going with that.

for the record, yesterdays stats :

night-time eating ... FAIL;
clean eating ... FAIL;
water intake ... FAIL.