3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers #173 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/31729-christian-encouragers-173-a.html)

Mitchypoo 09-16-2003 10:55 PM

Oh Sunny~ I saw your collection and i just gasped! I think I should open a tea house with you! At the very least you are right, we should meet and have tea! You just never know. I have an Aunt in Fairborn, are you near there?

Gary~We have another thing in common. I too am an expert in putting babies to sleep. But for me, i think it's my voice, and i have a lot of cushion in the front ;)! Hope you enjoyed your hotdogs, yum! And yes, I'd love one of Angie's journals, that is so cool! What a doll she is! And Gary~ real men love tea! ;)

Sprout~my mother collects pigs too, she says they are good luck. Also we like frogs, FROG stands for Fully Relying on God! Makes you think.

I watched Dr.Phil tonight and cried during the whole thing. I think something in each of the people who were picked touched me. I got the book today and have read through Chapter 1. I am debating if i should read ahead or keep with the book club. I can still concentrate on the chapter we're in, but i'm too anxious, think i'll have to read ahead. I'm so ready to let the real me out!

eisenj 09-17-2003 06:57 AM

Hi gang

Took ikibana yesterday in Augusta GA. It was alot of fun. Evidently they have chapters all over the USA. The Japanese broadcasting company baught a house in Augusta just for the Masters, which is the first week of April. this family from Japan reside there the whole year to maintain the huge house. We had alot of fun. Maybe, I can practice the language with the host. I can speak some Japanese. I love there language.

I am having sugar withdraw from the South Beach Diet. I am having dull headaches. Also my mood isn't the greatist. I need my fix. Does that sound like I'm a junky.!!!! Help I'm a food junky!!!! I'd kill for a sweet..

~SunnyD~ I love your tea set collection. We had a shop in town called Teabells that searved tea and finger foods. It was for afternoon parties etc. They had dress up clothes for little girls and fancy hats. Ladies clubs would have there meetings there. We also have a coffee house for Christians that just opened up. They cater to the youth. There are christian bands, they have board games, and no alcohalic drinks. The kids love it. It is a safe place for them to meet. Kids 15 and up can go. What an idea!

I will be back later

"Keep your face to the sunshine, and you can not see the shadows"

Angel-lover 09-17-2003 07:36 AM

Hello to everybody....

Beautiful tea set collection!

Hope all..................

http://www.greeting-cards.com/images...s/51460128.gif

SunnyD57 09-17-2003 08:14 AM

Wednesday

http://grammahugs.com/cookies/fall1.gifMorning GARY ~ So good to have you back... made me laugh :lol: so hard this morning, Joe had to come in to see for himself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, looks as if we three have much in common! You, Michele & myself... if you recall I mentioned I took care of my SIL children allot! (her 5 boys) When she couldn't get them down for the night - I could. I too would rather be with children & animals then some adults... the innocence and unconditional LOVE I think. When I worked for Jazzercise - I would go into the nursery to check on the children and make sure all was well with the adults caring for them and couldn't get out. I would have them climbing all over me and playing with my hair or wanting back rubs. Even today... my nieces and nephews back themselves up (*beep *beep *beep*) to me for back rubs :lol: I love it!! I also did volunteer work for about 7 years watching "Down Syndrome" children while the mom's got together to chat about their growth and development and schools, etc. My nephew is Down's... now 27yrs old today, holding a job and doing very well, I might add :) Still living with his folks.

And I get a calls from family with pets that cannot give the animals their meds or when they become ill to come check them... the animals just take to me as if I have a silent communication with them. A gift I think ;) I always wanted to be a vet and have allot of knowledge, but don't want to go through 8yrs + of schooling. No thanx - not now...

So... How's work going??? Working your tail off?! :o And is school going well for Ron (the nephew)? Did you all have that meeting with the Mom & family? What all happened, if you don't mind me asking? Is everything cool?

Hey MICHELE ~ I knew there was something bout you I really liked ;)

Where is Fairborn? You talking about OHIO? Because there is a Fairport, OH and a Fairlawn, OH both about 45 minutes or so from us. You never know---one day maybe "we'll all meet!" I know we will in heaven ;) for sure...

That is quite a goal to have a 'Tea Room', but not unattainable at all! If you want it - it will happen one day... I believe that! First we'll get this wt. under control and then the confidence will just gush from us to pursue our dreams. Sound good?!? Does for me :) So glad you enjoyed my collections --- me too.

About Dr. Phil's Show ~ Me too... felt that was so great that they choose all different types of people, all shapes & sizes... so we could relate no matter where we are right now. I cried too :( Yea, looks like it's gonna be a reality-type show. Hummmm, will be interesting, huh.

Sorry Gary! But that's the price you pay for hanging around us gals - teeheehee :lol: Soon we'll have you all dress up like the gentlemen of the day joining us - NOT!!

Hi JUDY! So cool that you are taking those ikibana lessons... I never would have known about it if it weren't for you - so neat!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed my pics ;) The idea of tea for Christians - what a Super Idea. Got me a thinkin' :chin:

YES! You will get headaches! And you will feel very tired too and maybe :mad: crabby. It will go away! It is your body trying to 'right' itself. You should be taking in no more then about 20 grams of carbs during the first two weeks and it will feel like forever, but just keep telling yourself it's temporary! Soon you will be able to introduce fruit back into your diet and will fell so much better. Hang in there Judy!! I'm with you. I have lowered my carb intake for this coming week to 20grams and then next week will go back to around 50 (no higher if I can). It will help me with my Curves workouts and wt. loss. Hang in there! And please try to get in your glasses of water! I begin to drink allot of my water for the day after lunch, because it is hard for me to in the mornings (get tummy aches). But after lunch... it seems to be easier for me to get it all in. I also try not to eat anything else after 7pm I have breakfast by 7am and am done eating by 7pm --- AGAIN,a great #!!! The Lord's number. Me too - just love sweets... but once it is out of your system, you will not crave them in the same way. You'll see. I'm with you!!

Hi there SPROUT ~ I am so glad I could be of some help to ya :)

Marilyn - did I read earlier that you have a Down's child? Did you see that I have cared for them and have a nephew who is 27yrs old today with Down's... what beautiful children! Aaron is always the first to greet me when we visit & the one who phones me when he misses me. He use to call me his "girlfriend" when he was younger. But alas... I have been replaced by his girlfriend, Amy, of 4 years now. So adorable!

A very GOOD DAY to everyone!!!
I really must run... have to get ready for my FIRST Curves workout this morning @ 9:00! :cb:

Take Care!
Till Later this afternoon... Ta!

God's burdens can't be heavy.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:30

SunnyD57 09-17-2003 08:31 AM

GOOD MORNING, ANGEL!!!
I will catch you later... really must be going now.

Great to hear form you!!!!
:sunny:

EZMONEY 09-17-2003 09:15 AM

Just enough time to read before I head to work-- great job on the diets gals-- LET THE CURVES BEGIN!! (and continue for those already doing it!)

Riding the Holy Spirit- Gary

SunnyD57 09-17-2003 10:28 AM

Wednesday

Thanks GARY! You Cutie-Patutie, you. I'm IN on Angie's journal!! Sounds Great... I don't mind paying ;) I am sure she has worked very hard putting it together.

YO, WILMA ~I went this morning at 9:00 for my FIRST WORKOUT...
LOVED IT! Loved the people and the music! My fav ~ 1950's!! So sool :cool: Can't wait till Friday. Can't go tomorrow, already made plans, but will be there bright and early Friday morning!

We have 8 machines, but I heard people talking... there are more machines. How many more? Does anyone know how many machines are out there all together? From what the talk was I am guessing at 12.

I cannot believe I was in and out of there in 35 minutes! Because I don't work, I came home to do my stretching-out.
Really Fun exercise program!

THANKS WILMA for the encouragement!!!
I'm so glad I called! :smug:

Mitchypoo 09-17-2003 11:53 AM

Sunny~I use to work at a circuit gym and please reconsider doing your stretching at home. The purpose of it is to cool down and to let your muscles adjust. If you could even take 5 minutes and do some stretching after it would greatly benefit you. Just my 2 cents. I'm glad you enjoy it! It is a great way for women to work out.

SunnyD57 09-17-2003 12:17 PM

Gotcha!

Thanks MICHELE!
I will keep that in mind for this coming Friday when I go again.
It's just there were so many people there this morning!
I wanted to get home and stretch to a tape I have.
Felt I would get a better stretch in a more relaxed atmosphere. I was all hyped up this morning ;)

You wouldn't believe the people there...
I haven't seen this much action here in years! :lol:

SunnyD57 09-17-2003 12:27 PM

Just sharing... I just love the Fall!

http://us.greet1.yimg.com/img.greeti...sn/ellen20.jpg
:sunny:

SunnyD57 09-17-2003 02:23 PM

oh MICHELE...

One more thing, I am less then 1/2 mile from the workout ctr. Less then 5 minutes away, so it's not like I am going too long in between when going home. But I understand what you are telling me and I thank you for your input.

That's what we are here for :)

Amanda Panda 09-17-2003 02:48 PM

Congratulations Sunny D on your first workout at Curves!!:strong: :strong: :strong: :strong:

I am glad you enjoyed it - I love the feeling I get when I go to the gym, it's something to do with those endorphins flowing!

I am well back on plan after my kick start on Monday. I turned to God again for some extra support as I figured he is the one who has helped me from the start. I am so grateful to God for the grace he shows me daily - God is sooooo good!

Have a great evening everyone!

Amanda xx

sprout 09-17-2003 05:45 PM

Another good day!

Feeling much better today -- and that is something to jump for joy about as it has been a long summer between 7 weeks of radiation for the return of my cancer and then the wildfires threatening to destroy our home.

SunnyD -- yes I did mention I have a Down Syndrome child. And I see where you did some work with them -- great. They sure are special. My daughter -- Priscilla (she prefers to be called either Prissy or Sprout) is 14 1/2 now and we adopted her when she was 2. She is the apple of my eye. She has such a heart for the Lord -- when I had my first surgery 3 years ago September -- the day after the surgery hubby brought her up to see me -- made my sister cry -- here I was all wired up and she came right into the room and took my hand through the railing and said "Momma, I love you Jesus loves you and you are all better now because Jesus said so.' Then she just stood there and held my hand and patted it softly saying 'I love you I love you I love you'

Well I am doing the Dr. Phil's Challenge. I have the book, have watched the show and am also doing the book club here.

Where am I at with the challenge -- I have read the first couple of chapters -- have done the work he has outlined re setting goals, have taken the readiness test, and have taken the first audit. Now onto the next project he wants -- to writting down what I say to myself about these topics: *my appearance *my body shape *my abililty to manage my weight *my exercise level *my self-control and * my general health. Then on the next page he has some questons to answer about what I have written down.

Tonight in my quiet time I am going to work on the above -- gosh is my personal journal that I keep here at home every going to get fat!!

Got weighed today -- up 1 pound. But not worried, as I know it will take care of itself. Need to update my stats in my signature

Marilyn aka Sprout

EZMONEY 09-17-2003 07:25 PM

NO TIME RIGHT NOW-- LONG STORY-- PROBLEMS WITH NEPHEW-- DON'T WORRY NOT MAJOR. CONGRATULATIONS SUNNY-- OR SHOULD WE JUST START CALLING YOU ((STREEEEEEEETCH)).

EZMONEY 09-17-2003 10:21 PM

I'M Back

I am going to lie again! I don't have time 'cause Angie needs the computer for a test she is making for her class--- if those darn students of hers would up the ante I could slow her test making down:lol:

Long story "short" the nephew isn't doing his homework like he's been telling me-- his grades are ok (after 2 weeks) and his tests are fine but FAILS to turn in homework-- MANY EXCUSES! I told him at the beginning of the year that I would give him 2 weeks without harping on him-- to see if he could take care of business on his own-- guess what-- he can't--- aaahhh so much like his mom (who by the way called today to see if she could borrow some money:lol: :lol: :lol: )

The Big meeting is tomorrow night-- social workers called today and want to present before the court on the 24th that I am going to be full time guardian or adopt-- they said his mom is definitely out-- curious about the meeting tomorrow--- gotta go Angie is waiting-- oh yea she also said whenever she can get her journals printed up you will get your copy free-- she won't accept anything-- she has it all put together but she is trying to implement scripture-- she is usually very thourough (?) how in the heck do you spell that? so it may take awhile-- I thought she was done-- it was printed and bound-- guess I was wrong-- thank goodness she didn't waste a lot of time deciding on me!! Or maybe she just learned from her mistakes:lol: