3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers #173 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/31729-christian-encouragers-173-a.html)

SunnyD57 09-09-2003 09:37 PM

Good-night

Now... now Gary, there are no :nono: cat fights in here. :lol: Just lending a helping hand where needed is all.

You are just too funny... 'Mister Man'. I will catch you all in the morning. We had quite a busy evening at our practice & I am very tired :yawn:

I must say... we are sure a Colorful group, aren't we :) :D :smug:

A very GOOD-Night to everyone! :cloud9:
Sleep well & dream sweet dreams
God Bless...

http://members.rogers.com/gailsgrape...angel_bear.gif

eisenj 09-10-2003 06:27 AM

Hi everyone,

I just bought the new Dr. Phil book yesterday. I'm only on the first chapter. I think it will help with my weight loss. Went to curves again. My goal is to beat all the weight losses on that wall. I know I can do it!
I am going to the eye doctor this morning. I have been putting it off, because the kids needed glasses first. The older I get the worse my eyes are getting.You should see my husband and I at church. He has the hymnal at arms length and I've got it up very close. We no longer can share a book.

See you later

" I cried when I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet"

mrshummer 09-10-2003 07:51 AM

Humpday

Good Morning CEers!!!!! :wave:

I'm up and atta them this morning, have to work today. :( I can't play on the computer all day like I did yesterday. :smug: I had such a good time thanks to my new friend Sunny. :bubbles:

Gary~ Now Mister Man, we weren't hoggin ALL the space, there plenty for all of us!!! And besides that, I'm making up for lost time!!! :yes: :D Don't ya like the new BRIGHTER look though, Gary???? And, BTW I assure you there is NO CAT FIGHT!!! I admire Sunny and am very thankful she has come here and joined us. And give us a new LOOK!!!! :Lol: :D

EisenJ~ I know what you mean about those eyes being not what they used to be. I don't know anything about the book Dr Phil but I heard that Dr Phil will be on tv this Friday night on NBC talking about weight loss. The time here is 7pm central time but I have no idea what time that will be for you. I plan on trying to watch it myself.

Sunny~ Thanks again so much!!!!

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT HUMPDAY!!!!! Talk atcha later!!!

http://www.countryclipart.com/FrogSe...4hoppingby.gif

SunnyD57 09-10-2003 07:58 AM

Good Morning Judy...

http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics...b/godbless.gif

HI JUDY! I must say... I really do enjoy your quotes! Makes you think.

Me too! I did wear glasses normally, but my eyes have changed in the last 5-6 months and I cannot see clearly 'up-close' anymore (I am --- was near sighted), so I haven't been wearing them at all, except for driving or watching TV these days. I am the world's greatest procrastinator when it comes to Dr's of any kind. Everything else I am on time, but me & Dr's --- I am so bad. You motivate me to get my eyes checked too. My hubby just bought a pkg. of reading glasses - he too has been hit by the 'getting-older-bug' I am afraid.

And I am going out to get Dr. Phil's book also... I really like him! He makes so much sense, doesn't he! In your face sense! I just think it is so great, Judy, that you have gone back to Curves, bought the book and now thinking of going to the eye dr.... you are on a roll! A really good one!

Looking up to you! ;)
God Bless! Thanks!
:sunny:

http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics...b/pbdivide.gif

SunnyD57 09-10-2003 08:20 AM

And a very Good Morning to you too, Sherry

http://www.countrycolors.nu/graphics...lls/doll05.gifAWE... THANKS SHERRY! How kind of you to say that. I really enjoy lending a helping hand and making people happy. I too think the world of all of you! And consider you all such Dear Friends! My hubby said that if we were to ever meet "in person" he thinks we would be disenchanted... do you think that's true? I don't! I don't know about you, but I find myself to be MORE honest & true to you & myself on here then in life. I think I have become such a better person since the 22nd of August & joining in. This group has brought out "the best in me" ~ This IS ME! I so love people! After all "we" were molded & created by God! Isn't that so cool :cool: !! Aren't we so Blessed to be children of God!?!

Anyway, it is ' I ' who am grateful to all of you!

Sherry, you are more then Welcome! :)
Have a wonderful day back at work today, so glad you are feeling better!

:sunny:

SunnyD57 09-10-2003 08:57 AM

God Bless our U.S.A.

A Special Prayer for our Troops...

Thinking of you with prayer, Angel, along with your daughter & her husband
(& your family) and all those living their lives without their
loved ones beside them.

May God Bless!

Mitchypoo 09-10-2003 09:20 AM

Hi ya'll :wave:

Good morning and happy Wednesday! I'm at work and hope to have a busy and productive day. Yesterday I started a journal and I made small daily goals for myself. It helped. I got things accomplished and feel I can today make my goals. Small steps for me. I didn't go totally low-carb, i had a sandwich yesterday but I've improved and today will be even better.

Gary~re: your DN and family. I think you have a good attitude. Seems that you are caring but also realistic. I think it's good to want the best for the kids because they are so young and regardless of how icky their mom is, they love her, and as a Christian I do believe all things are possible and WHAT IF? It would be great if she got it together but your main concern is protecting the children. I have a cousin who had major problems with drugs/alcohol and sad to say, we(the family) weren't sure she'd pull out, but through the grace of God, she did and has been clean and sober for over 10 years now. You wouldn't believe how her life has changed. But when she was in that life, we knew we couldn't totally give her the benefit of the doubt. I guess I'm saying you are doing the right thing I think. Hang in there, i'm sure it's not easy raising him, but you are blessed!

Have a wonderful day all!

SunnyD57 09-10-2003 10:03 AM

Hi Sue

SUE ~ :wave: First off - A very Good Morning to ya!

In answer to your question about pictures: the best I can do to help you out is to let you know what " I " do ~ When I take my digital pictures they usually are 1600 pixels x 1200 pixels and then I double click on the picture (once I have put it/them on the computer) & then there's a list at the bottom for a slide show; to bring the pic closer; to turn them in a different direction; to delete it; to print it; to put it to disk or to change it... the LAST one is what I click on (to change it). And when I do... I am taken to my PhotoImpression by ArcSoft program with the pic I clicked on all ready to be changed (a program that came with my cp). Then I go to the Edit (in PhotoImpression) and change the pixels from the 1600 x 1200 to 320 x 240 pixels... it is the perfect size to add to the post. Then... when I go to save it I save it in JPEG format or type for the post.

I sure do hope I have helped! It is kinda difficult sometimes when I don't know what programs are included with your pc for photo's.

You can still scan in your picture & do the same procedure above. Just make sure that your picture is 320 x 240 pixels (no matter what size pic you scan in above that # - just reduce it to 320 X 240) --- if it's a smaller pic and is still rejected by the forum all I could think it would be would be the type --- it should be JPEG.

Well, that's what I do... Luck! I sure hope I have helped you! And not confused you all the more! :dizzy:

SunnyD57 09-10-2003 10:19 AM

Michele

HI MICHELE :flow1: ~ How are you doing today? Did everything work out for you and your friend?? :?: I thought about it all day yesterday... cuz sometimes me & my closest friend have had some bad days, but always worked through them and have become closer through the years. I sure do hope that you were able to work things through.

So glad to hear that a journal helps you keep in check. Be careful not to go too low on your carbs, okay. It may make you feel more stressed and you need some carbs for working out. Just make the carbs you eat come from veggies more often or high grained carbs when you " do " have bread or pieta or alike. What seems to cause more havoc with our bodies is the "white" flour products, processed foods, & sugars! I wish you well on your new endeavor :dance:

Have a wonderful, successful day today! :flow2:

EZMONEY 09-10-2003 10:38 AM

HI LADIES

Just checking in before I head off for the day. I have a lot of jobs starting today so I will be really busy for a few weeks-- I can't complain-- OK I CAN!!!-- I have had it fairly easy the last few weeks, a lot of 6 hour days, but then the nephew took up the slack!!

He is really enjoying school and the after care program-- he is starting volleyball today so that too will give him some "Energy Time"

I was just kidding S and S girls on the cat fight -- as I know you know! It was fun watching you "chat".

I agree that we wouldn't be disenchanted if we met--- we would not be meeting under the same situations as someone would if they were using the computer as a dating service. Pretty sure we have all expressed a lot of our faults here.....
I know for a fact that being totally handsome and cute and adorable and a great cook-athlete-chick magnet-movie star quality-good listener-enjoy walks on the beach-great dancer-read books-enjoy classical music-country-pop-rock-rap (NOT!)outstanding husband-great attitude towards diet and exercise...
Well we know even with all these attributes "I" am probably not perfect:lol: :lol: Just ask my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele-- love the idea with the journal! It really helped me when I went from about 193 to 165 a few years back-- that and 2 hours at the gym 5-6 days a week:) Plus I really watched what I ate too- it was a total package thing. I can do these things- if I can train for and do a marathon I can do this stuff-- BUT I DON'T WANNA-- or is that WHINE--A;)

I am with you gals on the glasses-- been using reading glasses for a few years now and it is getting tougher each day to see any objects up close... ahhh old age, ain't it grand.

Well heading out--

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES--YOUR FAMILIES NEED (LOVE) YOU!!!

SunnyD57 09-10-2003 10:45 AM

Gary

Now... GARY ~ What can I say ~ you just crack me up :lol: :joker: :lol: !!! Joe comes in last night wondering what I was laughing so hard at. It was YOU & your post - you just bring so much laughter to this thread. What a great sense of humor you have!! Sorry for HOGGIN' :D

So good to hear that Lara won her soccer game! I really enjoy soccer... Yeah! :cb: Hope that the winning streak continues when her games begin this year in H.S. on the JV team --- cool! My father is also a BIG H.S. sports buff --- especially Football! My nephew plays (his grandson) & my brother says my Dad gets a bit loud at some of the games & he walks away (like to say, I don't know that man :lol: ). Too funny. I have gone to a few games myself here with Joe, but I am not quite the fan that you & my Dad seem to be ;). Keep going to those games and cheering! That's wonderful that you do!

Gary... there's plenty of space for us all :lol: :lol: so come on in anytime!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

SunnyD57 09-10-2003 10:57 AM

Hi again Gary

Seems that we posted at around the same time. You have a good day at work today --- don't work too hard (gotta take care of that 'old' back, ya know ;) ), but give it your best.

And I know you were jesting... I enjoy your humor. Just funnin' back at ya. You are a great guy and we are so lucky to have your point of view here on this thread.

And I am so glad to hear that you agree with me --- I think we are pretty darn honest with one another here. That's what I loved about being included and with such inviting warmth I might add. Thanks... I feel better.

Have a great day, Gary
and keep honing your sense of humor --- :joker: love it!

SunnyD57 09-10-2003 05:51 PM

http://www.sweetrainbow.com/freeclipart/scrive.gif

Where is everyone? :?: ?

Since we began this thread I haven't seen Amanda, Sami (that Wedding is getting closer! Hope it's all going well!!), Daise, Christian, Amy, Homebound!!!

Miss you too, Wilma & Connie...

Where are you guys :?:
We miss you all!!! :(

sprout 09-10-2003 07:06 PM

Hi, new here!

:) Hi, I am new to this site/forum but not new to being an overweight Christian.

You can refer to me as Marilyn and/or Sprout.

Something about myself:

a) I am a mother of 4 -- oldest two are girls both in their 30's and married, the oldest having 3 children, my younger two are 14 and 15 and are still at home -- we adopted the younger two when they were 2 and 3 and both have special needs. I homeschool both of them.

b) I have been a Christian -- made my profession of faith when I was very young, was baptist though when I was in my 30's.

c) I have been overweight for just over 34 years -- can't believe it has been that long as I don't feel that old. Over the years rather than 'losing it' I 'gained it'. Top weight recorded was 286. I started a walking program after much encouragement from doctor and hubby -- on January 2, 2002 and as of today have walked 620.25 miles :dizzy:

d) I am trying to be a cancer survivor. I have my first surgery on September 7, 2000 but the cancer reoccured this year -- so I have had to have radiation from May 25 to July 24 -- am now in the process of trying to heal from all of that. Also hubby has been told once again that he might have cancer of the prostrate -- he was checked out last October but even though it was enlarged there was no cancer -- but the PSA tests done 2 weeks ago have come back showing the level is higher than 1 year ago. He is now on med's for 2 weeks to see if it is just an infection. We really don't need 2 of us with cancer!!

e) Have been using two different Christian programs to help with my weight -- and they have really been a help.

Well that's it in a nutshell. Hope to get to know some of you here.

Marilyn

SunnyD57 09-10-2003 07:23 PM

WELCOME Sprout!

http://www.sweetrainbow.com/freeclip...iniwelcome.gif

WELCOME MARILYN! Well, you have come to the right place! I hope you make this your home :flow1: ~ you will find all the encouragement, kindness, laughter (!), and most of all 'Prayers' here! And you can share to your hearts content.

WoW :o you sure have been through quite allot! You are already in my prayers that this last radiation treatment did the trick on that nasty cancer. Your hubby is also on my list, that he may keep his health. What is your hubby's name? And your children... if you don't mind the question. How long have you been married? Sounds like you have quite a beautiful family! :)

If you want to know a bit about me ;) just go to MY PROFILE or to MY SEARCH (Search---once there just go to the first few posts I wrote & there's info). Any questions - just ask, okay.

Doing Wonderful on your wt. loss so far! Ya Hoo! :cp:

God Bless!