Intermittent Fasting Support - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #16  
Chick On A Mission

S/C/G: 225.6/ticker/145

Height: 5'3

Hey there. I've been doing IF for 2 years, off and on, not consistent with it at all! I just told myself that I was about to really get serious with it starting tomorrow! My goal is to be very consistent with it now, especially since I've been going strong and consistent with exercising. I do plan on making this apart of my permanent lifestyle. My schedule will follow as, anywhere from a 16 to 18 hour fast with a 6 to 7 hour eating window!
Denise_Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #17  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I just started IF 16:8 and I’m loving it. I was already naturally eating about 15:9 so adding a little more structure wasn’t hard. I’m using an app “BodyFast” which wants you to pay for a coach but I just like the auto reminder at 5pm that I’ll start fasting at 6.

I dont think I could do 5:2. Hats off to those folks!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:58 PM   #18  

Question Intermittent fasting advice

Hello all, so my husband has been telling about intermittent fasting and how he is so much more focused in the mornings when he does not eat until the afternoons.
I have always valued breakfast and was wondering if anyone has experience with it and if it really is a benefit. thanks.
Sherry Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:08 PM   #19  

Hey I have been intermittent fasting as well and it works. I've spent the past week retraining myself I'm more than willing to do this with you. I started blogging recently about my journey to health and fitness it's not a commercial sales it's simply my blog check it out mymeekmeek.com. I'm new here so I hope this is allowed.
Meek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:04 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

Hey everyone! I've been doing IF for the past couple of years and I love it. I usually fast either 18:6 or 19:5 everyday and eat only lunch and dinner. It makes sticking to 1200 cal per day so much easier and since being adapted to it for this long I never feel hungry while I'm fasting.

Wishing you all the best!
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Height: 5'6"

I had great success with 5:2 and will be doing that again. Moved, made new friends, spend way too much time at the beach bars .... so have let my dieting go to the wayside, but need to get back into it this year.

It was easier to do when we lived in a country where we didn't have a lot of friends and didn't spend a lot of time at the bars. But I shall make this work again.

It's not as hard as it sounds. I ate a lot of veggies / fruit and that kept me full for hours. I will have to change my mind set to more salads at reputable beach bars and let rum. I will talk to my friends and let them know what I'm doing so I don't freak them out when 2 days a week I don't drink... LOL

Good luck everyone
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:08 AM   #22  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile 2 months in

Hi there! I've been doing IF for almost 2 months now! Been doing clean fasts of 20:4s and the weight is dropping steadily! I am so happy to have found this. I have struggled with my weight all my life and this is simply the most sustainable enjoyable thing I have ever done!! It has given me hope!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:02 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 217/189/150

Height: 5'3

Redballoon, I have been doing 16:8 for several months now. I have not dropped a lot of weight, just a few lbs slowly, but it has done wonders to get rid of my snacking and grazing. I don't ever want to go back to my old way of eating!! I feel so much healthier!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:54 PM   #24  
Never give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Redballoon, I have been doing 16:8 for several months now. I have not dropped a lot of weight, just a few lbs slowly, but it has done wonders to get rid of my snacking and grazing. I don't ever want to go back to my old way of eating!! I feel so much healthier!
Ditto that! My weight barely moved for the first month but I knew fat was melting. This is a lifestyle, not a diet and it's healing a lot of the damage done to my body. Insulin resistance being the biggest one!
It's SO sustainable. Christmas every day! 😃
Old 06-01-2020, 11:16 AM   #25  

Default Nice to know there are others IM here

Nice to see someone else using intermittent fasting it has been the best program for me. I am comfortable and stronger with it. But my problem has been food choices so I have an issue of being compulsive and just eating too much when I am eating and not getting back to it. "Thanks for being here.
asuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 238/236/145

Height: 5' 5

I've also really enjoyed it, but am very new to it. I've been doing 16:8 for the past week, along with calorie counting, and have lost a pound! It gives me necessary structure to stop snacking after supper.
mernathemenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:13 AM   #27  
Never give up

Smile

Hi there! Nice to hear from some others doing IF. I'm more than 3 months in and doing fine. I NEVER count calories. You must get rid of the diet mentality. I often ate til I was painfully stuffed, just so I knew I would continue with 20-hour fasts every day. I did it. And the weight has come off, slowly but surely. Only once I was in more than 3 months did I start thinking of making more healthful choices but that was only because I wanted to be healthier, not just have less fat.

It sounds like both of you are still in the diet mindset. I encourage you to get out of it. You shouldn't be counting anything.
I love listeing to Jason Fung, by the way, and he has some very in-depth inteviews on Youtube and on various Podcasts (if you go to iTunes and search for his name they will come up.) Learn the science behind it all and you can really see how this is above all an endocrinology problem, not a calorie or a carb problem. Added sugar is the key thing to cut out, if anything. But I didn't until just a week ago....hahaha.

Good luck. I love fasting because it's SO simple, and "Christmas" comes every day!!

Last edited by redballoon; 06-03-2020 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:27 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 238/236/145

Height: 5' 5

Interesting take. Truthfully, I dont trust myself enough to do that, to not calorie count. At least not yet. Doing this does make me appreciate food much more and better able to differentiate wanting food because I want food and wanting food because I'm hungry.

What time do you do your fasts? How does it interact with your work schedule?

Last edited by mernathemenace; 06-05-2020 at 11:06 PM.
mernathemenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:16 AM   #29  
Never give up

Well, honestly, merna, there's no trust at all involved in it. I just eat until my window closes. And, believe me, I mean it when I say in the beginning (and sometimes even now) that means stuffing myself. It was not possible to eat anymore. Hahaha. But, the thing is, what they call "appetite correction" kicks in and you eventually (emphasis on "eventually) start making better choices.
Wanting food and feeling hunger don't come in to play. The only thing is, I stick to the rules of not eating during the time I set not to. With all the diets I'd done before and still not lost weight, this part was a cinch.
Maybe you have to be totally ready for it. I was. NOTHING had worked in the long run.
I usually work from home (even before corona), so that part was easy, but when I do go in to the office, I just made sure to have enough to eat during my window so as not to feel deprived. The feeling that I hadn't truly eaten until I was mentally satisfied is what would be my undoing.
Anyhow, I hope you find what works for you. Good luck!
Old 06-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #30  

yeah I went through that stage of stuffing myself and of course did not lose any weight that way. For me there is a sort of threshold effect if I have too much carb. That is over and above raising my blood sugars. It triggers eating and tiredness. I have to listen to my body to be sure I am choosing well and also not overindulging. I mean it is possible to overindulge on anything and you know it because you are uncomfortable.
asuzy is offline   Reply With Quote