Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 12:44 PM   #31  

Joy: If you look at the very first post of each thread where I kind of put an intro, there is an explanation of the points and what our current long range challenge is. Let me know if you still need help with it. We do it for the day before so it would be what you "earned" for yesterday.

SandyB:YOU GET A: for points!

Pam: YOU GET A: for points! WTG on the shorts! You go girl!

You gals are doing great!

I got up and painted the last countertop, started in on laundry and got one session in. I am pretty sore from yesterday (I think maybe it is farther than I thought around that mall!) but I will get my glider in today. I am not going to walk, just try and get an hour in on the glider. So far I am op for the day and am going to work hard to stay that way!

I worked some more on our trip in a couple weeks. I am really getting excited. I wanted to ride the EL and train to the zoo, but it would cost us nearly $50 round trip and to drive only about 10$ including the gas and parking fee so the car it is! I just hope the weather doesn't turn bad since two of our 4 day trips have stuff outside for most of the day. We have alternatives except for the game of course.

Well, I need to hussle it up and get the sheets in and fold laundry and on that glider again!

Faye **BTW still need personal stats on the following people if you want me to include yours for any newbies:

Sarah, SandyB, Tonya, Beledigirl, Shauna, Missy and Bella. Peek/Sandy, if you want to be included in this, PM me info you would give to a newbie, I will save it with the others and then when a newbie joins I just print out the list every time instead of you having to type something up.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:40 PM   #32  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Girls!

Points for yesterday - all 4 - yeaah!

RITU- Pizza's certainly do not agree with me - they are the reason I got to be 245 pounds! I don't want to promote pizza's as a way of losing 3lb! Exercise agrees with me though! Well done on your walking - do you live in a big city or scenic countryside?

PAM- I LOVED your happy thought for the day - it brought a tear to my eye! Bless you sweetie!

SANDYB- Congratulations on your weight loss - you go girl!

SILLY POLL- I find this a difficult one........I think perhaps my legs - even at my slimmest weight, I have never had lean legs and thighs. Or maybe just the layer of fat that covers my whole body!

Anyway, be happy!

Amanda xx
Old 09-07-2003, 05:23 PM   #33  
I Can and I Will

Hi again... Gma are you going to Chicago?? did i remember correctly? If so which zoo are u going to go to... if i can i would suggest the lincoln park zoo... its my favorite. For my daughters first 3 bdays we went there. When r u going? I hope the weather stays nice for u as well. So far so good as far as being op and drinking... havent exercised yet tho. I'll see if hubby wants to go for a walk once he gets home, if not i will go by myself or take a bike ride. Hope you are all having a great day!

Sandyb
Old 09-07-2003, 06:31 PM   #34  

Hello All,

I went to work at the beach for the weekend. That means I got my water and I exercised. I inspect houses before they are rented and they are all three stories high. I stayed on program today but I ate fried food yesterday. I've been gone two days and am amazed at what has gone on. Congradulations to those who have lost!

To the lady in Alabama who wore shorts(sorry I lost your name in the list)---Horay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in North Carolina and I can tell you that it torture to go through the summer without shorts. Buy yourself some self tanner if it make you happy and walk proud!

Faye-I hope you are feeling better and I hope you have a lovely trip. I'm still amazed how much you get done on a down day.

As for the poll--I'd have my breasts put back where they were before I had babies. I can take the dentist although I am a wimp but I saw the surgery to lift your breast and I am to much of aa scardy cat for that. They need it though!

bye for now

Debbie--Lee
Old 09-07-2003, 06:54 PM   #35  

CHALLENGE FOR THIS NEXT WEEK: Starting tomorrow and running through Friday the 19th, the challenge is to stay totally on your program for the next TWO weeks (we won't count the weekend but try to stay OP on it too if you can!)! You are all doing so well, I know you can do this!

Julie: I knew I was talking in my sleep just didn't know what I was saying or to whom! Guess I was chastising you at Wendy's huh?

Amanda: YOU GET A: for points!

Debbie/Lee: YOU GET A: for points! Thanks, I am fine except I am pretty sore and have those butt charlie horses again!

SandyB: You know I am from Northwest Indiana don't you? So I have been to Chicago a gazillion times. We have tickets on my birthday (Sunday the 28th) to the Cubs last game of the season. My son and his fiance are coming from South Bend to the game and then going to dinner with us for my birthday. We are surprising them with champagne as they just got engaged. We are going to the Brookfield Zoo. I haven't been since I was a kid and we are going to the Museum of Science and Industry on Friday. Harry Carays restaurant for my birthday and GIRLS YOU DID NOT SEE THIS COVER YOUR EYES, the Cheesecake Factory on Friday night. We are staying out by O'Hare. We leave Thursday afternoon the 25th and come back Monday the 29th. Since my siblings are scattered (Calf, Chicago, Indiana) and my son is in Indiana but my daughter and sil and grandson live here, and our group of friends live in Indiana I decided not to have any kind of party and this was my choice to go to the Cubs game. Looks like those sweeties are trying their darndest to give me the central division pennent for my birthday! I just cannot wait!

Looks like I stayed OP today, but it was close. I do so much better during the week when dh is not home or I don't have someone wanting me to go out to eat somewhere.

Well, I am going to go. I will talk to you in the morning.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-07-2003 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:53 AM   #36  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi All.

Yesterday I got all 4 points! I've been doing 30 minutes on the exercise bike (on days I don't go to the gym), and I've decided to increase it to 35 from now on - wish me luck!

Faye - when you say 'stay on programme' does this just mean food, or exercise and water aswell?

Well done to everyone, keep it up!

Amanda xxx
Old 09-08-2003, 08:25 AM   #37  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday. Our mission this week is CONCENTRATION! I want you to work hard on concentrating on ALL aspects of what you need to lose weight. In other words, not only pay attention to what you eat, drink and that you exercise, but pay attention to your body telling you it's hungry or that is emotionally "hungry." Work on your triggers and try to break cycles of improper eating when you recognize it. Each time you break the cycle, it gets easier to deal with.

Amanda: YOU GET A: for points. Great job!

I GET A: for yesterday!

Whenever I mention OP or program that is strictly the food part. It would be great to have another 2 weeks of 4 pointers though so don't think just because I made the challenge for the food part, that you can let the others slide! NO SIRREEE!

I need to get up and going so I will check in later.

Faye
Old 09-08-2003, 08:53 AM   #38  

Good Morning ladies!
2 weeks, huh? I'm up for it.......it's gonna be tough, but they say it only takes 3 weeks to make a habit. So, the longer we go, the more likely we are to stick to it.

I got all 4 pts yesterday, had a great workout even though I didn't lift. Even did some running during my treadmill walk and my knees didn't complain!

I must have been eating alot more than I thought I was before. Now that I am keeping a food journal, I'm noticing that I have more "hunger pangs". Before, I just made sure I ate healthy snacks, but never went "hungry"......now I'm sure my stomach is shrinking a bit to accommodate the lower calories. I'm not starving myself, by any means, but now that I'm paying attention to things like eating while cooking, my tummy is complaining a bit. On the other hand, I can definitely feel a difference in my body now that I've cut out the bread and am lowering my calories! I can feel the fat dropping off me

So, I want to weigh myself like everyday........but I'm forcing myself to wait until Friday. I'm hoping for a 2 pound week.

Well, gotta go........I'll check in later

Julie
Old 09-08-2003, 09:17 AM   #39  

Good Morning Chickies,

pts for yesterday: 2pts for program, 1pt for water, and 0 pts for exercise. (today is a new day, going to do it in just a few!!). girl scouts honor!

Faye, I am up for the 2 wk challenge...LET'S GO!!! LET'S MOVE AND LOSE!!

SW 356/JUNE 6TH/AUG 22 326.3
CW ?? HOPEFULLY BELOW 326.O WILL WEIGH IN (OFFICIALLY ON 9/18, BUT YOU KNOW ME, WILL HAVE TO TO BEFORE THAT!!)

LATER MY LITTLE CHICKADEES!!
Old 09-08-2003, 09:49 AM   #40  
I Can and I Will

Hello ladies!! No FAye i didnt realize... but thats not anything too new... i can be a bit ditzy... lol and yes i am a blonde...lol That sounds like a wonderful trip, and iu hope the cubbies pull it out for u. I get points for staying on program and h2o... i didnt exercise yesterday. hubby got home too late and didnt get my walk in. My youngest starts pre-school tomorrow so i will be able to get a bike ride in every afternoon... i am soooooo excited... probably more than he is to be starting school... lol Got on the scale today, as Monday is usually my weigh in day and i lost another pound. I have stopped drinking my beer... must be the reason. I tried to have one during that attrocious game the Packers "tried" to play and it tasted like sh*t. Yeah for me... i do like my beer. so thats a good thing. I have also tried to cut back on my diet coke. My husband is a BIG pop drinker... i try to limit my intake tho... if i can do a can a day thats good. Altho i havent even been wanting anything but my h2o these days, which i take to be a good sign. I havent had any bread in a few days either... i can go without i guess... at least i will try it... cant hurt...lol Geez i am just a babling today...
I am IN for the 2 week challenge... i am looking forward to it actaully... i am just so "UP" about this... its like i am a new me
Its getting easier to deal with the loss of my brother... I know hes still with me and hes happy. then again theres the part thats sad becuz i wont see him or be able to hug him for a while.
Its been an incredible summer for me as far as becoming who i am... does that make sense?? i dont know how esle to put it into words... i have learned a tremendous amount about myself... and have changed things i didnt think i would be able to. Anyway... before i get to philisophical here i should get going...
You ladies have a FABULICIOUS day... take care of U!!

Sunshine and laughter,
Sandy
Old 09-08-2003, 11:16 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,
Just a quick check-in. Everyone here has the flu - including me. I get no points for anything! Well except maybe being OP but thats only because I have no appetite.

to all. I'll post again when I feel better. For now its back to bed.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:56 AM   #42  

Angry

Hello everyone...yesterday was really good..I stayed on my program and drank ton's of water ...and walked 3 miles...and then I got my strength training in..... Faye,I want to join in the 2 week challenge too... ..I will certainly have a busy week ...my son starts his soccer tommorow..the weather is great here ..low 80's..so I plan on spending a lot of time out today ..walking and gardening...so I am off now to hang clothes on the line...everyone have a great day.... ...Joy
Old 09-08-2003, 02:05 PM   #43  

Hello Chickies,

Well, I just had to do it, I just had to go and weigh....and I am glad I did, a real motivator for the rest of the week. I am down another 4.6 lbs.... that is 34.3 lbs since 6/5/03 YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Guess I am just a "wee" bit excited, uh??

Joy, It is so nice to see you here with us again, you are so positive...I always enjoyed corresponding with you via e-mail and IM but this is wonderful.

Honeyrose....sorry your family hasn't been well, hope you feel better soon...hugs to you honey.

Sandy, glad you decided to hop on the bandwagon with us, this is going to be a phenomenal 2 wks...LET'S DO IT GALS!!

I have to run now, I will check in with you girls later this evening....toodles!
Old 09-08-2003, 03:24 PM   #44  

WOW girls, I am really impressed by your energy and willingness to go along with my nuttiness sometimes. WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS CHALLENGE!

I am OP and doing great today. I found I just really need to keep busy. I ate a PB sandwich (only 1 tbl pb btw) and didn't have anything else until 1:30 and had a Healthy Choice frozen dinner. I got ambitious and moved furniture around in the downstairs, got down on my hands and knees with my little Black and Decker scrubber and a bottle of 409 and scrubbed my kitchen and laundry room floor, did laundry and put it away and started yeast rolls for dinner. I also did one session on the glider and I have two more to go.

Julie: YOU GET A: for points! I knew keeping a food journal would shock you! I was amazed when I kept one and still do so that I can keep track of cal and fat for the day. I have a page each day with my water, exercise, food totals and usually a little journaling for the day. You are doing a great job and you will find your niche and really start losing, I just know it!

Pam: YOU GET A: for points! You are doing so spectacular, I can't even tell you! I am so proud of how hard you have worked and your diligence and stick to it ness. You are going to be where you want in no time!

SandyB: YOU GET A: for points! Beer is pretty bad for you not only because of the calories, but it is tremendously high in Carbs. One thing I found when I started was I quit drinking anything but water and didn't reintroduce other things for about 6 months. I found I needed to "teach" myself to like water and to prefer it over other things. Then I had to give up full calorie soft drinks. I drank about 6-10 A DAY! I have now learned to drink diet when I want one, but I still drink water over anything else. You might want to give it a try.

Joy: YOU GET A: for points! My niece is in soccer in Ca and my sister told me they had a game this weekend and the heat is so bad the kids were dropping like flies out on the field. Nothing smells quite like clothes hung outside do they?

Debbie: We hope you get to feeling better soon! You take care of yourself and your family!

Well, this is delaying the inevitable. I am pretty sore from scrubbing, but I have to get my glider work in so will leave you for now!

Faye
Old 09-08-2003, 03:35 PM   #45  
2006 - Panda Remix

Well done Pam on your great weight loss - I bet that has given you a real boost! You are well on your way!

Honeyrose - Sorry you are ill, hope you feel better soon!

Right the challenge is on! I think it is a great challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing some great losses over the next two weeks!

Faye - again I would like to say thank you for this thread - it is really keeping me motivated and focused, and I love that it is so upbeat and supportive - and it certainly played a big part in my 3lb loss last week. Yeaaaaah Faye!

C U tomorrow!

Amanda xx
Closed Thread