Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-15-2017, 09:51 AM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default (σ‾▿‾)-σ Grooving the Sedentary Life Away: My Dancing Chronicles (σ‾▿‾)-σ

A few months ago, I watched a TV documentary on a woman who practiced the Just Dance video game as a hobby, and who ended up as the 2016 JD world champion. Since I am a desperate music lover and an avid dancer, it just downed on me: "this sounds cool, looks like something I can do".
Now here I am: I got a console and a few JD cds, and I'm setting off for a journey which I hope is going to last.
I've just had my first "full" session. I learnt the choreography to Macarena, and I moved from 7000 pts to 12000 pts . More importantly however, I was away from by bed and moving for 60min, and having a blast doing that. When I was done, I was surprised to see all the sweat in my workout clothes.
From my first two "trial" sessions, I learnt 2 things: First, I had to wear regular workout clothes and shoes for a more effective session and secondly...well I forgot.
I have 8 weeks of vacations ( you've got to love being a teacher ) ahead of me, and I think this is a great opportunity to groove the weight, the sedentary lifestyle and the depression away.
I'm thoroughly looking forward to each day.
For the meantime, I'm going to avoid the difficult choreographies and the workout modes, and rather focus on the easy modes of my very favorite songs.
I'll not be weighing/ measuring myself. I will be relying on how my clothes fit and how I'm feeling in general.
I'm combining this to a healthy diet, with less starchy foods and more cooked veggies.
Let's see how the grooving goes!
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:04 PM   #2  
Blessed Person Here

Day 2: today was the first day of my period. I woke up curled in pain. I took painkillers and dared not get out of bed. I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #3  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Hi thirti, that sounds like a great plan for the summer. I hope the pain subsides soon.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #4  
Blessed Person Here

Hi chunks, It didn't
Day 3: this period is a painful one. I will have to let it pass before resuming my dances.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:21 AM   #5  
Blessed Person Here

Hi chunks, It didn't
Day 3: this period is a painful one. I will have to let it pass before resuming my dances.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:18 PM   #6  
Blessed Person Here

Today I tried something new: evening workout. I think it's the best for me for the meantime. I did 1-1 of c25k for 30 min on treadmill, then danced 30 minutes to Papaoutai.
I'm going to bed super (too) excited, that's the negative aspect of evening workouts, but I 'm going to have a good night of sleep!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #7  
Blessed Person Here

Today I did the choreography on "starships". I did it for 25 minutes only, because I had loaded half of a large pizza pizza and 2 liters of water in my system. Lesson learnt. But I am going to bed with the song "starships are meant to flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy".
Old 06-23-2017, 05:52 PM   #8  
Blessed Person Here

Today was C25k for 30 minutes, and 20 Minutes trying to perfect "starships". I'm well established in the three stars, and I won't move to another choreography if I don't get my 5 stars shining. Say unreasonable?
Old 06-25-2017, 05:55 PM   #9  
Blessed Person Here

Today was c25k 1-3. I'm done with week one. I also danced 30 minutes on "Into You". I progressed from 5000 points to 10000 points. I was filled with starchy and spicy food and I also had some very little beer. Despite that, I can say that I successfully closed week one, because throughout the workout, I never reduced the walk/running speed. So I'm ending week one on a strong note. My speed this week has been: walk 2.8 /run:4.0. I'm satisfied.
Also, yday, I did some reaaaaally EXTENSIVE house cleaning. Because of that, I didn't dance. I counted that as workout.
Glory be to GOD!!!
Old 06-26-2017, 03:22 PM   #10  
Blessed Person Here

Today I grooved for 30 minutes on "into you". I'm all in the 5 stars now. My highest score was 10400 and something. It's read, approved and sealed: I LOVE MY JUST DANCE SWEATS!!!
Old 06-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #11  
Blessed Person Here

Today I danced for 15 minutes to "into you" AGAIN. It happens to be the remix song of the moment (for the Just Dance Community). Also I discovered that I had positioned my camera the wrong way, and that's why some of my scores are so low. i.e today I reached a score of 11700 points for Into You. That's a cool 1300points more!
I couldn't run. I was feeling heavy. In addition , two days before starting week2 sounded great.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #12  
Blessed Person Here

I didn't dance today. I did 2-1 of c25k. I was in pain after the workout because I had a horrible spicy reflux which affected my chest (and my breathing).
Old 06-30-2017, 02:17 AM   #13  
Blessed Person Here

Oopsies! I forgot yday's update, which was a great one. I dance for 30 full minutes , mostly on Starships. There's something about that song. So, i moved to 4 stars, and i'm still in quest of 5 stars. It was a happy sweat. A dance till you drop session.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:32 PM   #14  
Blessed Person Here

Today I did 2-2 of c25k. I increased the speed from 4 to 4.1 I ended well. Then I followed up with 20 min of Starship. Oh God! I'm tiring this song out lol. Can't do without it. I got 8700 today, still 4 stars and still in pursuit of the 5th star. I also tried the Charleston and MashedUp versions. What a sweat! Long life to happy sweats! DANCE TILL YA DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2017, 03:50 PM   #15  
Blessed Person Here

Today I did 2-3 of c25k. I jogged at 4.1. I'm done with week two. I also danced for 30 minutes to a medley of songs, still progressing with Starship, and got 4 stars on the Charleston version. It was a fruitful week, and I'm grateful. Tomorrow I'm going to get more foodstuff in.