Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #16  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Today was 3-1 of c25k and ...NO DANCING!!!!
I had a **** of time with today's run. My heart was literally on my tongue. I reduced the speed just so I could finish. I know the main culprit: the half of A pizza in my tummy Definitely couldn't do any dancing after that.

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 07-06-2017 at 05:02 PM.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #17  
Blessed Person Here

Today was 3-2 of c25k + 50 minutes of dancing. I'm getting better, that is. Tried the "Sweat" option on Just Dance for the fist time, and picked the 40 minutes option. In the end, I did not feel really really really challenged, though I did get quite exhausted at a point in time. But i gained lots of stars today! Plus my impression right now is that, whether I'm feeling challenged or not, Just Dance is helping me gain in flexibility and balance. I surpassed myself today and man did it feel good. I'm slowly becoming a real DANCER!

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 07-08-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #18  
Blessed Person Here

Today was 3-3 of c25k so I finished week 3. Impressions: Finishing was a tiny little bit harder than finishing week 2. However I can still say that I finished week 3 strong. NOW... I think I might be having shoe issues. I don't like the way I land when I'm wearing these shoes. I'm going to change and wear the ones I was having previously; they're quite heavy though. Might have to compare how I fare with that. I can't for the life of me remember if the current ones are running shoes or walking shoes.
I did 40 minutes of Just Dance also. Was a blast! I picked the sweat option again, and omg! I'm getting better. I can't wait till next time....after the
PERIOD BREAK
Old 07-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

You're doing great with this! I love your dancing lady in your avatar. In my younger days when I spent a lot of my evenings in the dance clubs, I had no problem keeping my weight in line. Dancing is great exercise and it's fun.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:29 AM   #20  
Blessed Person Here

It's so fun! Maybe you can try JD in the privacy of your home too? Especially if you love to dance.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:38 PM   #21  
Blessed Person Here

Period pause is over...there was an aborted attempt at resuming workouts. I was feeling heavy, bloated and not ready but I told myself, just get up and do it. Well, I couldn't. I stopped at the first run, too heavy despite lowering the speed to 3.7. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:05 PM   #22  
Blessed Person Here

Today was day 4/1 of c25k. I was so so so exhausted that I did only 10 min of JD. In order to run today, I had to reduce my speed to 3.8 and 0% incline. I made a deadly mistake by reading in advance what I was supposed to do this week. It was a bad idea. Next time I'll go and discover the running task of the day on the treadmill. That way, I'll avoid the negative self talk which prevented me from tackling week 4 when I was supposed to.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:56 PM   #23  
Blessed Person Here

Today was day 4/2 of c25k. It was horrible, terrible, horrendous, excruciating...all because of side cramps. Something definitely felt off during this workout. Then I realized after my workout that I had clipped my bra a size lower, so it was compressing my sides more than the usual: a deadly mistake for a beginner runner. Anyway, I finished the workout and even did 40" sweat of 2017 JD sweat. My stretching skills are also improving. I'm feeling just great! My speed was still 3.8 today, with 0% incline.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #24  
Blessed Person Here

Today was day 4/3 of c25k and honestly I'm not proud of myself. Once again, I had to slow down before the last 5 min set because of the burning in my sides. Also hating this sentation of food in my chest. I really have to work on my food intake on run day.
I've done 15 min of JD. The more intense my runs are getting, the more tired I arrive at the hall for JD. I need to push myself up. The following days.
I've religiously avoided to check in advance what's going to be on my plate for week 5, and this is in order to avoid the negative self talk which plagued me in week 4. I'll go discover it once on the treadmill.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:45 PM   #25  
Blessed Person Here

I can attest to that! In addition it's giving me so much flexibility. When I started i felt like an elephant with certain steps, I still am. But wow, now I'm so much better. I bend down, kneel when necessary.

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 08-02-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:40 PM   #26  
Blessed Person Here

Today is 5/1 of c25k. It felt good. I finished super exhausted, but strong. I had to lower the walking speed to 2'8 though, before the very last run. I wore no bra but it was ok. No side pains, because I didn't drink water. Just taking sips. And i noticed that right after I sip the water, the pains started, but they were quite faint this time around.
Then 40' JD SWEAT. I loved it, i was energized. I decided to resume the every-other-day regimen again. The 2 days rest isn't working for me as I'm eating like a pig.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:35 AM   #27  
Blessed Person Here

on period break
Old 08-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #28  
Blessed Person Here

Back from the period break. Today i did day 5/2 of c25k. I fared far better than I thought I would. I finished so strong, despite the fact that I run on 1% incline at a speed of 3.8. The only explanation I can find to this is the fact that I drank a soda at lunch.
I did just 3 songs of JD. I got emotional in the midst of my dance and I had to stop.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:55 PM   #29  
Blessed Person Here

I can't believe I was away for so long. I resumed a few days ago, trying to do day 3 of c25k, but it didn't work. I went straight to week 6/1 today. Up until the middle of next month, I can't be doing JD for reasons beyond my control