Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 02:12 PM   #76  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, My sis has ovarian cysts too. She is scheduled for surgery to remove them at the beginning of November. She is hoping she can have the laser tools so they dont have to do a big incision.

Kempy, yeah my slow season has begun. I will have some busy weekends once the leaves all change and the leaf peepers come but that is about it for this year. I didnt get much accomplished so we are going to try to refinance the house for less interest and put the credit cards in the loan and then rip them up forever.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:24 PM   #77  

Angie they are a real pain. At sixteen I had a grapefruit size one burst and thought it was my appendix. For my surgery they did a laproscopy which is just two tiny incisions one by your belly button and the other by the pubic line. I gave into my sugar craving today and had some fat free licorice. Oh well forget about it and move on!! Julie
Old 09-08-2003, 02:58 PM   #78  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Talking Leaf peepers...

sounds kinda obscene . I'd love to come up to New England and see the leaves turn. As it is, there's barely a noticeable season change here.

Happy Monday everyone.

Chris, you have me energized just from your bike ride email...and those bikini pics WOOHOO indeed! You look absolutely fabulous!!! Keep those inspirational pics and posts coming. I need them.

Julie, sorry to hear about your ovarian problems . It's weird because when I was on BCP I actually lost weight . Maybe more so because I was paying attention to what was going into my mouth and I started exercising. Now I'm not taking anything and I've gained a bit...uhhh, I'm still working on it .

Speaking of which I am hopping back on the wagon this Monday morning. We were at Costco yesterday and the in me picked up a 2 lb bag of M&M's. Luckily all the nieces, nephews and sisters were over yesterday and most of it's gone. I need to get back in gear for my November trip. If not to lose weight, then to keep the cardio going so I can walk around alot and not get all winded and sweaty and gross.

Holly, ouch! Take care of that foot. I agree w/Chris, that you making alternative plans for exercise is the way to go. I'm sure you'll be fine and back to normal in no time.

Angie, forge ahead girl, I'm right behind ya.

I've got to get the ball rolling here at work. I'll talk with ya ladies later. Take care all and hello to everyone .
Old 09-08-2003, 07:21 PM   #79  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Noelle, How ya doing today?

We just got back from our evening walk and both of the dogs got hurt! Candi has a problem with one of her legs, she limps alot after napping. I am waiting for an appointment but tonight Jay told her to sit and pushed on her butt to sit her before he undid her leash so she could go swimming. She started crying and hopping. She WILL be seeing the vet this week!! I think there is something wrong with her knee. THEN.... on the way home Rebel got stung by a hornet in his ear. He was ready to lay down and collapse after that. I got him home and his ear is all swollen and I got the stinger out. That is my drama for the day.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:08 AM   #80  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Heh, everyone, I've been reading but just haven't had time to catch up with a post.
So, I'll try a bit now.

chikitababe, that is great that the scale is showing you some good numbers. Good for you and all your hard work But, oh, so sorry to hear about the foot. I hope you get better quickly. I wouldn't get panicky about regaining the weight. Like others have said, you're already thinking of ways to cope with the aerobic loss and you'll be sure to do it! Power to you!

SvelteChicky, a big hello to you and thanks for the same. Your pictures are incredible and I'm so glad you posted a "before" picture. It's very inspiring. This is the kind of thing that gets me all tingly with good feelings of , "You can do it!" kind of thing. : The bikini is very becoming. You really look smashing!

angieME, thanks for the license to gab! sometimes I do have a mouthful to say! Blue Bunny ice cream and Pumpkin Parfaits. It all sounds so tempting. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not in the States! Fatfree or not I'd be pigging out for sure! But Angie, a 3-year subscription to a food magazine. You are asking for trouble! Then again, maybe not. Maybe you can just have little bits and give the rest away or something. Maybe having really nice food will be more satisfying mentally so you won't feel deprived. I know that's the way I am. I just never cook, or rather, never experiment because I just don't make the time. Really, should do that perhaps. Heh, and I hope your dogs are OK. Have you had them looked at yet?

Kempyd, I hope you get those lovebugs under control soon, or rather, that they'll get themselves under control. That's so bizarre they way they gather like that. Looks like something out of a Hitchcock movie! And I'm glad, by the way, to hear you're off the sugar too. It really makes a massive difference, doesn't it?

jbbm, Congratulations on the fantastic weight loss! You must be proud! Oh, and don't worry about a little indulgence. Just get right back on the horse.

jackieO, hi there! We must be in parallel universes or something (well, just over the ocean) but I too have been having cravings and I hadn't had them for the previous 6 weeks I was off sugar. This time (I'm 6 days into my third 21-day challenge off sugar) and I've been wanting that evil stuff pretty badly. But like you I have NOT given in to it! The fact that the cravings are something I can stand makes me think that there's a lot of psychological stuff at work here. Things have been so down in my life recently on all fronts and I think the stress has me yearning for the old comfort food. Though of course that could also be chemical. I mean, really it's probably ALL chemical when it comes right down to it. But stress does do things to your body and all that dopamine and serotonin stuff, right? So that could be one reason. The other is that I usually try to make fresh vegetable juice and drink lots of that. When I do that, for some reason, I seem very balanced and don't get cravings. Blood sugar levels, body alkalinity, probably has to do with that. I bought veggies today and am going to get to juicing them right after I'm finished here. You mention your line of work and your dream as a "using" dream. How cool sounding! What is your line of work? Psychology? Tell me more!

Noelle, I've been like you and not been watching the food intake. Just too much of it, the old song and dance. At least I'm still off sugar but I really do want to lose the fat. Otherwise, my workouts in the gym will just have me looking like the Hulk, but with NO definition whatsoever!

OK, to the juicer, then the gym! Up and at 'em! Bye for now.

P.S. Where's Dips these days? She was having some rough times. Hope she's OK.

Last edited by redballoon; 09-09-2003 at 02:35 AM.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:32 AM   #81  
No Limit Souljah!!

DAMMIT!!

I hate it when I'm out of the loop! I've been busy all weekend but I finally had time to sit down and catch up with the posts. Before I get to my personal messages I just want to let everybody know that I'm okay now. In fact I'm great! TOM has passed, I made up with my fiancee, I was able to reschedule my womanly exam for the 23rd when I'm not PMSing and all my other check ups came out good.

Best of all I was able to come here and see the loads of support that you guys have been giving me. You guys are awesome!! I love you to death. You all are as loyal as my fellow soldiers!

I also saw loads of Bugs!! KEMPY- What's up with that, girl!! It made me tremble ((()))

Svelte- YOWZA YOWZA YOOOWWWZA! I am so impressed by your before an d after. Until I saw the before, I had no idea how far you've come. I say wear that bikini till the winter comes! You've got it going on, Girl!

Angie- Seeing Svelte's pics made me think of you. You have had incredible results and you impress me everyday! Now you're on track again just like I knew you would be!

Julie- You're on track as well, girl! I love seeing all this success. Just remember that cheating is a part of winning in the game of fitness!

Noelle- It's funny how you mention that people usually think you're Japanese, because I've never correctly guessed a phillipino, I ususally say hawaiian first, then samoan, then I give up and they say Phillipino and I'm like OH I should have guessed. Phillipinos are very diverse, there is no "common" phillipino look. I've met many and they're all different.

CHICK- Way to go, girl! How ya been

RED BALLOON- You are the sweetest! Thank you for showing concern for me, it made me feel a million times better. I'm a broadcast Journalist in the Army. The picture shows me as a dee jay in Korea. I love my job. Anyways, you get around, girl and you hang out with joe's like me. Good for you! You're so good at encouraging people. And I dig the rainbow effect in your posts.

Hi GEM, thank you for your support, it means the world to me!

Jackie- stick with your challenge. I have good feelings about you and your success.

HEY! here's a question...has anyone heard from COSMO GIRL??
Old 09-09-2003, 10:30 AM   #82  

Well the bugs might be on the way out. I read an article in our paper that said since we had a wet summer they are at full force this time. This weekend will be 3 weeks that they have been hanging around so I am ready to have them gone.

Dips when is the big day when you head back our way?

Angie I hope your babies are ok. Did you get the visit scheduled? When will be be able to have our afternoon chats again?

Red I have never been a juicer. I like to eat stuff to much to make everything into a liquid.

Noelle now that I think about it, The Rok is from Hawaii too. Any chance that you know him. That man is so beautiful!

JUlie, Jackie, Sandy, Chris, Holly and Tonya along with any one that I might have missed, have a great day and I look forward to hearing form you all.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:06 PM   #83  
The ever shrinking woman!

*sigh*

I am starting to wonder what is wrong with me... it's getting colder here, so maybe cold season is coming. I am tired 24/7, and I just can't get enough sleep no matter how long I sleep... my head feels like it weighs 50 lbs!

anyhow, I am sneaking on from work, so hi everyone!

quick answer on the pill question, I was a victim of weight gain from it, well I gained with pregnancy, then after the baby, I went on it, and I could have starved myself and still not been able to lose weight. Some women are fine, and some are not. It messes with your metabolic rate though, that I know. But it's different for everyone.

Svelte, you look awesome!

I wish I could wear a bikini.. I have so many stretchmarks, it doesn't matter If I weighed 90 pounds, I still couldn't wear one :|

hi to everyone else! have a great day.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:11 PM   #84  
The ever shrinking woman!

I forgot to mention a happy thought for the day.

Last winter, I was buying shirts that I had dreamed of wearing for the last 5 years, really cute one's , smalls, mediums...

well some of them are too big for me this year...

which means I gotta get a few new one's ..but still! I hadn't realized how much smaller I was, and last year at this time I was at 140-145'ish. I didn''t feel that much smaller until I put a few of them on ..
Old 09-09-2003, 03:20 PM   #85  
so close, yet so far...

Talking who him?

Dwayne Douglas "The Rock" Johnson...
Old 09-09-2003, 03:34 PM   #86  

DID YOU HEAR MY GIRLISH SCREAM ALL THE WAY OVER THERE NOELLE!!! That is the beautiful man I am speaking of

Sorry I just think he is soooo good looking.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:39 PM   #87  
so close, yet so far...

Wink a little eye-candy for Kempy

hehe, no I can't say that I have met him although I had a friend who took Kelly Hu (Cassandra on the Scorpion King, or that wolverine-like chick on X2) to the junior prom at my high school. I think he only went to school here for 2 years maybe? I know his grandfather lived here though. OK, wipe that drool off your chin .

How's everyone doing today? Great I hope. I'm getting excited because I just made the final payment for my November trip today. I also got on the scale and it shocked me enough to really get my mind back on track to this losing weight business. I have a countdown of 60 days to eat right and exercise before my trip to Bangkok. Hope I can make a lot of difference in that time. Cheer me on girls, I need all the encouragement I can get . On the plus side, I actually got my butt out there and walked yesterday .

Congrats Tonya on the "new" clothes. I like those little suprises too.

Angie hope your doggie's are better today. Give them a little extra pat from me .

Dips glad to hear everything's now on an even keel. How many more days till you head home? I bet you can't wait. You're a lucky gal having traveled so much and you're still so young.

I don't know what's up with my computer but it's dragging a bit. I think I need to run a scan or something. Anyways, I've got to get busy. Have a great day everybody, I'll be back later.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:45 PM   #88  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I knew it was going to be a bad day when I woke up thinking about Peanut Butter!!! Today has been a total bust diet wise. My boobs hurt so bad this month too. What the **** is up with that? Usually they hurt but this month is terrible.

We couldnt refinance the house because since it is a Double wide they add 2% more interest on and that would make it a higher interest then I have now. Shoot now I have to try to figure out how to pay all these bills before winter. On a happy note though, we found a guy looking for the tow system we have on the Rv to trade us even for a tow dolly so now I can tow the Durango or whatever else I want and it doesnt have to be a Saturn. YIPPEEE!!!!

Tonya, You go girl!!!!!! You must be so happy that your shirts are too big. WAY TO GO!!!!

Kempy, The Rock is HOT HOT HOT!!!! Oh yeah!!!

Noelle, You can do it. You will have so much fun on your vacation. When do you leave?
Old 09-09-2003, 04:45 PM   #89  

Hi everyone posting late today.
Kempy I also think "the rock" is so good looking. Tall Dark and Handsome!! I wonder how tall he actually is.

Noelle you can do it!!!! How exciting about your trip to to Bangkok!!

Tonya thats great news about the clothes!! A girl always needs an excuse to go shopping.

I did pretty good eating today had bowl of cereal, milk and oj and for lunch had an apple with peanut butter on it..I am addicted to that pb. I do not know what I am making for supper though. Had a busy day today. Well everyone have a great day! Hi to everyone. Julie
Old 09-09-2003, 05:11 PM   #90  
so close, yet so far...

Julie, the Rock is 6'5" of hunky, rippling muscle

Oh yeah, I will be Bangkok bound on 11/8 and returning on 11/18/03. I'm sure I will shop enough for us ALL . Did I mention that my sister and I will be signing up for a 1-day Thai cooking class while we're in Chiang Mai? That should be fun--she's more crazy than I am so I can just see us in the kitchen classroom together -- > .

Shoot, I'm eating a yellow peach and took my first bite and it's so juicy it squirted all over my sleeve. It's a good thing I work by myself.
Closed Thread