Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 11:27 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Oh Angie.. hope you are ok!!!! Shame on that new bench to treat you like that! Good luck with staying off the scale... I think I look more forward to that each morning that I do anything else. And congrats about the way your jeans feel! That is great! This is what it's all about.. feeling better in your clothes!

Dips... glad your Monday is over.. I am glad mine is over for that matter.. I have two precious little girls who were stomping on my last nerve last night... :-) Today is much better! So you leave on your trip when? Sounds like it's getting close! How exciting!

WTG Julie on the weight loss! That is fantastic! I love my digital scale.... it only weighs by the half pound, but I really like know exactly what I should be.

Noelle... I second what everyone else has said... call call call!!! And they make low fat B & J??????? wow.... might have to look into that!

Kempy.. the dogs are beautiful... I love labs.... strong, beautiful animals!

Red... hope you have fun on your trip too..... see you in the other threads!

Well.. the scale was good to me today... but I really did alot of exercising yesterday, so maybe it was all sweat... :-) I did one hour on the treadmill, and actually jogged 30 minutes of it. I want to get back into jogging so badly, but need to lose a little more weight before I can comfortably put that kind of pressure on my knees. And last night... after my totally frustating night with my girls... (I was ready to throw one out the window... why can't she understand in the battle of the wills, I AM BIGGER, OLDER and I AM THE MOMMY!!!!! and she won't win?) Anyway... I went and did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine... so I relieved a little stress and did something healthy instead of eat.

Ok.. back to work.. have another payroll I have to run this morning!

Take care everyone!

Cherie

BTW... how can I make my photo small enough to fit here? I have tried and tried.. and I can't seem to make it small enough where you can still see it!
Old 09-23-2003, 02:36 PM   #212  

AUGH!! I finally got here. I am still alive and kickin'. I am just really working on this DU stuff. Joe and I want to have it all done by this weekend so that we can sit back and enjoy the weekend. Next Thrusday is the banquet and it couldn't be sooner.

I don't even own a scale so I have to use the one at work. By the time I remember to do it Ihave already gone through half of my day and there is no way that I am going to weight myself after I have eaten.

Angie I am so proud of you lifting weights. I know that once you get into the routine of lifting youvwill love your results.

Noelle that is a crazy bill. Echo just went to the vet and I freaked out b/c it was $85. I guess I should rethink that freakout.

Thanks for all of the nice things you guys said about the dogs. Lexus got ehr name b/c my in-laws had a BMW and a Merc. so they wanted to have a Lexus too. Echo is named after a wood nymph. Joe and I like mythological names. All of our pets have them.
Old 09-23-2003, 03:19 PM   #213  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Ain't that just my luck! I was seriously going to make a journal entry (which I haven't done for months since they switched the format) and when I click to go to the journals, they're offline for maintenance. Hmmmm, is that a sign? Seriously though, I'm going great during the week staying OP and not totally blowing it on weekends. This behavior may just stick this time around . My sister and I were out walking yesterday and the guy who owns the pitbull was riding his bike. He pulls over and stops to ask how our dog was (which was nice) . Then I mention the vet bill and he said yeah, we can work something out. So this morning I am gonna hammer it out w/him and draw up a promissory note to make sure I get every last dime (hehe, don't mess w/collectors) .

Angie, take care of that knee. You've got to show your equipment who's boss--don't take that kind of treatment from inanimate objects! Just joking around. I'm sure you'll get those nicely sculpted arms and legs you've been wanting.

Kempy I was out doing errands last week and I had to stop at a Curves center. The lady let me step on their scale and all I can say is ! The scale at the center weighed me 6 lbs more than my scale at home--and I make my scale at home +4 lbs to match my drs. one. It kind of makes me think that that particular scale preys on the minds of women who are sitting on the fence about joining the gym--as in, "I had no idea I weighed that much! I'd better start working out" . I'm not saying your scale does that, but that was just my experience there. OTOH I could just be in denial about how much I actually weigh . Scales--no matter where they are, are EVIL.

Cherie, kids, you can't strangle 'em, so you gotta love 'em. Do you have photo editing software on your computer? If you do you can resize the picture you're wanting to post. If not, you can PM me and I can resize it and send it back or post it for you.

Red, it's OK if sometimes it's all about you . We gotta take care of ourselves first right? You give it your all at the gym and make those silly men sweat. You could probably pick one of them up and do a couple of bench pressess with 'em . Ooooh, I hear ya on the shopping, gotta love it.

Dips, oh the anticipation . Any word on the job search?

Julie 1 lb is surely something to celebrate. Work it!

Hello to Sandy, Chris, Tonya, Holly, Emily, JackieO...everyone else if I've missed anyone. Have a great Tuesday. Be back later.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:02 PM   #214  

Hi everyone I did not get to post until late today.

Noelle Great job staying OP! Thats great. Good luck with the vet bill, do you think that guy was trying to blow you off? Hopefully not. SOmetimes I think vet bills are more expensive than regular people doctor visits.

Hi Kempy glad to see you posted. Your really busy with Ducks Unlimited huh? My hubby is a member but he did not make the annual banquet this year. Actually he really has not hunted in a while. I do that also, if I eat too much I won't weigh in.

Cherie great job on that treadmill. I never made it to one hour yet. The longest I have done is the the 40 minute range.

Angie hope your knee gets better. I bet you will really like your new equipment. At one point I started to lift light weights and within a couple of weeks only I saw improvement it my back of my arms. I should really get back to that and get rid of the fat and the flab on them!

Hey Dips almost time!! Are you going to miss Italy? I would really love to go there someday. It just sounds so nice and I love italian food. Hang in there!!

Well I gotta run. Hi Tonya, Red, Chris, Holly and hopefully I did not miss anyone. Take care everyone. Oh tonight I might have a treat I bought some skinny cow peanut butter and chocolate ice cream sandwiches and they only like have 140 cals!! Anyone ever try them? Julie
Old 09-23-2003, 07:47 PM   #215  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Skinny Cow PB & chocolate ice cream sands are very good. Very light and refreshing. yummy!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:03 AM   #216  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

What a DAY!! I stayed up all night separating the stuff i'm sending rom the stuff i'm leaving only to have the movers, who did not understand english, pack up some of the junk anyways. I only had two hours of sleep and I was very aggitated (sp). After I went behind these guys picking things out of the boxes i still overlooked the fact that they packed my boots! So I had to break out my Cold weather boots which are big, rediculous and uncomfortable but I'll only be dealing with them for a little bit so it's all good but I'm so tired and I have to do this all over again for my second shipping on friday.

OKAY enough of my bickering:

Noelle- You can't imagine how anxious I am right now but I must say the job search is very slow. I haven't recieved any responses from the jobs I replied to. I'm thinking if I just make my presence known once I'm back in the states, it will be better.

Cherie- My vacation starts on the 19th but I get home in NY on the 16th so I'm just a couple of weeks away!! I'm sooooo happy. I miss my Fiance so much.

Julie- Yes I will miss Italy . I love it here. And yes the food is awesome! I really hope you get to go, it's a beautiful country. But I have been here for over 2 years so I have enough Italy in my heart to last me the rest of my life! I'm really anxious to be with my family again.

Well I'm going to leave work early today to get some sleep. I'm betting that I won't make it to the gym today but I know that once I ship out my Tv, VCR, DVD,Computer and stereo I'll be spending a lot more time there. GOSH I'm gonna miss the free gym. I can't even imagine paying to go to a gym! I'm so spoiled
Anyways, hi to my girls, Kempy, Red, Gem, Jackie, Summer and everyone else. I'f I forgot to mention you it's because I'm fatigued and heavily sedated.

-Dips-
Old 09-24-2003, 07:35 AM   #217  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Angry hi all!

Hello. Just thought I'd try to catch up from at least the last page I can see. I don't know how you people remember everyone here and this thread seems to really have a lot of people on it. But then, I guess if you read it long enough you start to remember what's going on in everyone's life. I remember the names but have to keep going back to look at the posts and it takes forever and gosh, I just can't find the time.

Well, I'm going to give it try because if I keep aiming for perfection I'll never get anywhere, right?

I'm hearing about angieME and this torture chair you just bought. Jeez, girl, watch it. We seem to have pitbulls chewing people's dogs or chairs eating people's legs. Now, I knew the States was scary but now I'm worried. A Filipino friend at work is heading to NY next month too and he says he's scared to travel in from Kennedy. I said not to worry. You've got to look tough and like you know where you're going. Whenever I hit the States I'm always so exhausted from the long flight (14 hours in the air alone) that I probably look like some wacko on drugs so no one gets near me!

Seriously, angie, I'm glad to see you're working out too. Just be careful not to get hurt, okay?!

Noelle, how is the dog? That's a real shame but I guess you can be glad it wasn't worse. Definitely get the guy to pay the bill, no doubt about it! I'd get him to pay any followup bills as well and maybe tell him your dog had to have special food and toys to help him get over the trauma, Make sure some of that food is edible by YOU and away you go!

No really, I hope he gets better. That cat I found after he was hit by a car last year cost me 70,000 yen and that vet had given me half the rate. It's over $200 just to get a cat neutered here. I really wish there was pet insurance or something.

Sorry to hear about the pink eye your son had. Is that all cleared up now? Green Eggs and Ham, that reminds me to pick up some books in the States for some kids I teach English to here. I read some of the Dr. Seuss books to them but most of the rhyming and so is lost on them. Actually, I think they'd be more fun for adults to read. The kids take it too seriously and don't like the idea that they're reading nonsense words. How about that?!

jbbm, congratulations on your weight loss. A pound is a pound and it all adds up so don't knock it. I have a digital scale. They're the best, don't move around much and don't seem to be affected by how hard you step on it. Mine is in kilograms though, by 200 gram increments. Kilo scales are nice really because the numbers are smaller. Makes you feel like you weigh less!

Kempyd, what is DU stuff? I have a hard time with all these abbreviations. I guess I'm just not used to the Net language, but I'm getting there! I haven't been on the LWL thread or even looking at it. How are your workouts going? How long till you are muscle woman, as it says under your name? The guys at the gym keep telling me I have to go in a contest but I don't know, contests never interested me. Maybe I'm just wimping out. It's getting the fat off. I mean, here I am, have been overweight since junior high school with only a couple years here and there where I wasn't and they want me to get ripped, to have less fat on me than most athletes?!?! I don't know. Are you thinking of going into a competition or have you already?

Hey, dips, my computer just froze and I had to reboot. Then I saw you'd posted. Sorry to hear about all the aggravation you're having there. Going on a trip is always awful for me. But moving! well you'll get through it eventually. Don't let it get to you too much. But still, I hope things go more smoothly for you. How will you make do without all your stuff? I guess you just live like you're traveling, right, when you're still there? Good luck!

Well, I've get to get to sleep. 4 a.m. wakeup tomorrow morning. Hello to anyone I've missed. Bear with me here while I learn the ropes! Bye for now.

Last edited by redballoon; 09-24-2003 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:51 AM   #218  

Hey! I have been so BAD the last 2 weeks. I have been exercising, but, have also been eating desserts, even though only 1 a day, it has taken its toll . I have scale shock this morning, weighing in at 148.5. Although, I did eat meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner last night, and still feel kinda full. I am sure that my stress levels have a lot to do with how I have been eating!! I am still laid off, have not received an unemployment check yet, our house deal is such a mess, the lawyer can't find the abstract, and is relying on the person who sold the land to our uncle (before we bought it), to bring him his copy so we can make a certified copy. The lawyer told me he doesn't have the time to chase down the abstract, even though he is the one who lost it in the first place! On the home front, my husband has been gone almost every day until 9 pm since Saturday, working on the land, and the kids and I have been here alone night and day. I am sooo stressed, it's no wonder I am gaining weight instead of losing! But, today, I decided that I am again going to give up ALL sweets, cold turkey. I think eating the slim fast meal on the go bars for breakfeast was a bad idea because they have so much sugar in them, they made me crave more! I do not want to gain any more weight, have already wasted a month's worth of weight loss. UGH. It is just so hard, I practically have to starve myself to lose any weight, and close to the same to not gain any of it back.

Kempy,

Hi! Your dogs are adorable! I know what you mean about not weighing yourself after you have eaten! I won't do it either, lol. I also do not like to weigh myself in the morning if I had a big dinner the night before because I am usually still full in the morning.

Noelle,

Hey! Sorry to hear your son had pink eye. We had a horrible bout of pink eye in our house when my daughter was a baby, and, unfortunately, all 3 of our children got it! Great job on staying OP. I NEED to get back on the wagon. I don't like feeling the way I do!

Angie,

Hi! WTG on the weight bench! Sorry to hear about your knee though. Be careful, they tend to attack, lol. When I used to go to the gym and use the hip adductor/abductor, I remember pinching my inner thigh so badly it was bruised for weeks.

Dips,

Hi! It's good to hear you are maintaining 140-141. I also cannot avoid the evil scale. Unfortunately, mine hasn't been so kind to me. Good luck on the job front, I understand your frustration, as I am currently laid off. I bet you are excited about coming home though!

Ok, gotta go and do some more walking...need to walk away the pounds, literally.

Hello to Cherie, Chris, redballoon, Julie, Gem, Emily, Tonya, Jackie, everyone else I missed! Send me some will power vibes, I am going to need them!

Holly
Old 09-24-2003, 09:10 AM   #219  

Angry Good Morning!

Today is my bosses birthday, so everyone brought in some fingerfoods to snack on all day long. Luckily, they didn't keep it in our room, but moved it to the break room. This way, I won't have to be looking at it and smelling it all day long!

I am doing good.. staying OP and keeping up with my exercise. So, other than work... nothing much more to report! :-)

Holly.... (((((hugs))))) sounds like you are having a very rough patch.... sending out lots of willpower vibes to you!!!! Things will turn around!

Redballoon... a competiton huh? I used to date a powerlifer way back when and what they go through to get ready for a competition, well, I couldn't do it..... I am like you.. I will just be happy to get the fat off!

Dips... Not long now... good luck with the rest of your packing!! You will be seeing your sweetie before you know it! It's not that far away! Take care of yourself!

Hi Julie..... I started out doing 45 minutes on the treadmill.. and just decided to up it a mile.. so I did... and boy did my hips complain for about a week... but now, I think they are used to it and things are much better.

Noelle.. WTG you are doing a GREAT JOB!!!!! Keep it up!

Kempy.. I'm with Red.. what id DU?? dear uncle???? :-)

Ok... wish me luck and strong willpower today... lots and lots of food in there.... at least my coworker who is on a diet with me brought a veggie tray.. so if I need to munch, I can try that... it's just not the same as a nice warm bagel with cream cheese!!! YUM! :-)

Cherie
Old 09-24-2003, 09:14 AM   #220  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Holly, I am sorry you are so stressed right now. Things will get better soon, I promise. I can sympathise with you totally on the weight loss being so ridiculously hard for you because I am the exact same way. Eat nothing to lose and eat nothing to maintain. No snacking.No fat. My metabolism is the same as yours. It Sucks! Keep your chin up.

Red, I still have to look back too to see what everyone is up too. WOW! $200.00 for neutering? I havent had to have a cat fixed in a long time but I know it wasnt anywhere near that much.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:21 AM   #221  

Hey guys. I am at home sick today. I have been sitting here trying to read the posts but sitting up makes my stomach hurt. I am going to go lay back down. I hope I will ba back later.

Red and Photo DU is Duck's Unlimited. It is a land coservation organization. We do 2 banquets every year.

OK I am going to lay down. :Wave:
Old 09-24-2003, 01:52 PM   #222  

Default I thought it was 5 weeks....

But I found out about ten minutes ago, it is exactly 4 weeks from today I see my friend from California!!!!!!! So now I really have to be devoted to my commitment and goal to get that extra 10 pounds off that I am working on.. Ok.. I can say it's down to 9 now.. but that is still 9 to go. And after today... I have had such a stressful day here at work (rerunning payrolls that were screwed up yesterday) .. and they had a pot luck so I've just been wanting to eat and eat and eat.... (I have limited myself to the little smokies with cheese and the veggies... and I have stopped, so no more for the afternoon) well, I just need to get a grip and stick to my guns here.

So everyone.. I need your support and I will keep posting my progress in the next four weeks. So get ready! :-) He is also coming back for Thanksgiving... 4 weeks between the two visits so I will have yet ANOTHER mini goal for then as well! Right now.. I am really concentrating on getting to 138.00. One pound down.. 9 pounds to go! I am actually looking forward to my treadmill hour this afternoon! :-)

Kempy... get better soon hun.... it's terrible being sick. And good luck on the Duck Unlimited banquet.... that sounds like a lot of fun!

Ok.. back to work here.. (even though I have been on hold for what 10 minutes now???) Talk to you soon! 29 days and counting! :-) (can you tell I am excited about his visit?)

Cherie

Last edited by PhotogirlTX; 09-24-2003 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:55 PM   #223  

Angie,

Thanks for the encouragement! I waited until 9 am this morning and reweighed myself. My stomach still felt full when I woke up, so, I thought maybe the #'s would change, and, lo and behold, the scale said 147.5...still not great, but, 1 pound less than 148.5.
I give you TONS of credit for being in the bakery field AND trying to lose and maintain the loss! It must be very difficult. Sweets are my weakness .

Kempy,

Sorry you are ill! I hope you get feeling better soon. (((Kempy)))

Cherie,

How tall are you? Just wondering bc 108 is TINY!!! Good job on the loss thus far, and, I know you can lose the additional 9 pounds to reach 138! We should stick in this together! I am at 147.5, and, so desperately want to get into the 130's SOON!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Holly
Old 09-24-2003, 07:04 PM   #224  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good afternoon. My daughter called me this morning to go pick her up because she is sick. So off to the doctors and got the prescription and she refuses to take it(ear infection)!! I could slap her *** when she does this! She is 12 so it isnt like she is a baby who cant swallow any medicine. I tried mixing it with strawberries but NO!!! I have had a stressfull day to say the least. Yep, I have overeaten as well. I need to get a grip because we changed our camping reservations to Tropical Palms RV park right beside Disney. They have their pools open 24 hours a day and I would really like to feel comfortable enough to swim in front of people.

Kempy, Get better girl. I feel for you, but I bet you would take your medicine, huh?

Holly, thanks for the compliment. It is actually really hard to resist the treats when I have to make Peanut butter brownies because they are so good. Sweets are my weakness too.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:31 PM   #225  

Hey Everyone

Angie sounds like a rough day. Things will get better...and don't feel bad about the overeating just look past it and move on. You are so strong look how far you have come! You will reach your goal. God do I feel bad, I made chili tonight AGAIN, and ate way to much pasta and now I feel bloated and just plain guilty. Why did I do that?

Kempy hope you feel better soon. It seems like the cold and flu season is starting early .

Cherie you'll make it. What kind of eating plan are you on?

Holly I hear ya on the sweets! I am really craving them this week. Boy I would just love a frosted brownie right now .

Dips I bet you can not wait to see your family and friends. How exciting! And wait until they see how good you are looking.

Noelle the skinny cow bars were great! I can't wait to try the mint variety. I just don't want to eat all six of them every week.

Well take care everyone I sure hope I can keep this eating under control I just want to clean out my cupboards, must be tom coming to see me in the future. Bye Julie
Closed Thread