Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Realy exhausted today, so just a short food log.

Food today:
Beef burger (just the meat) with fresh vegetable.
5 dried apricots (organic)
3 large crackers

It was a fast day anbd I had my first meal at 5 pm. I spent all day out of the house, doctors, psychological testing with my oldest twins, then two meetings, got home just now and it's 11 pm. Shatter. Lot of driving too, I was proud I could drive while fasting. Will do personals tommorow. Love and hugs to all!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Heidi: Like you..if I don't post I feel like there is a bigger chance I will slip up. This site keeps me accountable.
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #213  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
Welcome Sidney99
Thanks!
Sydney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:07 PM   #214  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone!
I have a question.

So I eat healthy 95% of the time, I eat plenty of fiber, etc etc. But I find that I am very very gassy/bloated in the afternoons, and somewhat constipated. I have BMs every other day or every 3 days and when I do it's not much. I just feel constipated. Should I try probiotics? Stool softeners?
Anyone else experience the same thing?
I just hope it isn't due to some sort of bowel issue.
Thanks in advance girls!
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:46 PM   #215  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

Sydney99 Hi and welcome to the check-in.

EmilyLarnder Do you drink enough water? I don't have issues with gassiness but I lean toward constipation. The most helpful think I have found is that I drink 2 large mugs of very warm water in the AM. You can also do the same at night. The warm water seems to help things along for me. I am usually regular daily. On occasion, I will miss a day.

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Ozery OneBun 50 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Ozery OneBun 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Powerlifting w/10's
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #216  

hi all
Sydney 99 welcome. Sometimes it takes tweaking to learn which eating program best suits one's weight loss. Great that you did not gain back that 5 lbs. That took dedication

Heidilove glad you are back on track today

Nancy I hope that wine was delicious. I would like a good pinot noir right about now

Emily good question. Sometimes excess gassiness can be a sign that probiotics are needed. Other time it might be a digestive enzyme issue. Or a number of other things. I personally would go to a practioner who muscle tests and can pinpoint what is going on. And what will reverse it, and the constipation.

Ronja
I did not know you have twins. Wow I am impressed with any mom who has twins Sounds like you had quite a day, while fasting

Nichols I hope your stomach feels much better on Friday

GetinFit yay re day 3 of being back on track.

Diana congrats on the .6 loss. are you still having side effects from the antibiotics?

Pang I would not be at all surprised to know that animal fat can be bad for many people's immune system. I remember the eat right for your (blood) type diet. I thought it was a good one. I bet that not all people are adversly effected by animal fat. But I think that it is not good for me.

Kelijpa glad you are doing well

Jessica
congrats on the 3 lb loss so far in February.

Sundove and Weekend Boater

Everything is great with me.

Hope you all have a good Friday <3

Last edited by flower123; 02-09-2017 at 10:05 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #217  
Trying to live below 200

Flower I'm glad you are doing well. Today I still have the blurred vision with reading. I think I have to take the meds for 7 days. So I guess I have until the beginning of the week.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:29 PM   #218  

Diana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Today I still have the blurred vision with reading. I think I have to take the meds for 7 days. So I guess I have until the beginning of the week.
Sorry you are still having that as a side effect. Does the dr know?

Last edited by flower123; 02-10-2017 at 12:30 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:36 PM   #219  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening everyone

It has been a good day, work was slow so I admit I had time to look on line and even posted here This is truly one of the slowest weeks I have had in a year which I am not complaining. Working 9 and 10 hour days does wear on a body.

I am so glad everyone seems to be doing well

Emily I agree with Diana and try drinking more water even if it is the form of black coffee (warm water) or tea. You could also add flaxseed to your diet. Take 3 tablespoons and add just enough hot water to make it similar to malt to meal and eat with a packet of splenda. I think this tastes great actaully

I will check in with you gals tomorrow
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:28 AM   #220  

flower123 I have 5 years old twin girls and another twin girls who are 2.5 years. Having twins is lovely although the second time around I felt a bit overwhelmed with things

Last edited by Ronja; 02-10-2017 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:33 AM   #221  

EmilyLarnder I know you had questions about basal metabolism rate. I just read this book https://www.amazon.com/Obesity-Code-...s=obesity+code and I can really recommend it. Would be interesting for Pang as well. I'm a biologist and what this doctor says about homeostasis and body resistance to hormon or drugs makes perfect sense. He speaks about BMR a lot too. It's just a completely different approach to obesity treatment than classical "reduce your calories and you will lose weight". He also perfectly explains why people regain the weight they have lost. It's shocking what he says, but I'm beginning to realize he might my completely right.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:16 AM   #222  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

I am so glad the weekend is here!

Flower It's one of the side effects in the literature. I need to just wait it out.

Last night I added on: Gentle Stretches
Nothing for this morning since it's my early day

Calories for yesteday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 175.2
Up: .2

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 02-10-2017, 06:22 AM   #223  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Diana - Warm water? Hmm. I will have to give it a try! And I suppose I don't drink quite as much water as I used to. I have a bottle of water that I take to the lab with me - I think it is

nancylmrn - Do you mean adding ground flaxseed to water? That sounds interesting... I have chia seeds but no flaxseed. But I love seeds and stuff so I'm sure I'd like it too.

Ronja - Thanks for the link! I will definitely have to look into that. I am a biology (medical laboratory science) major as well, glad to see we have similar interests (I am a complete nerd)!

Thanks all for your tips. I am going to start by trying to drink more water. Part of the problem is that I take my bottle of water with me in the morning, and no food or drink are allowed in the laboratory, then when I get a short break, I don't have much time to drink water unless I chug it ?
I finish my bottle of water (i believe it is like 28 oz or so) by lunch at 1 pm. Then I am in the lab until 2, do not get home until 3. So I usually have 2 of these full bottles a day, which I already know is not enough.
This seasonal depression really has me in a slump too; I don't want to eat as often, I don't want to drink water, I just want coffee and sleep, etc etc!
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:40 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Emily: I experienced the same thing. I added in a good probiotic (try to find one that is refrigerated) as well as making sure you're drinking plenty of water. I caution again stool softeners and/or laxatives because your body can begin to rely on them and your colon can get lazy and you need to keep using them/increase the dosage. Not something you want to happen. If anything, you can try as osmotic such as Miralax which draws water into your colon to make it easier to go but it won't need to rely on it.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:14 AM   #225  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Hey all and happy Friday! I am stuck right around 138-139ish and it's killer. I'm not sure what's stalling me as I've been really good about sticking to 1200 calories and I've been working out; even if it's just walking about work. It's super frustrating! Do you guys have any tips for busting through a plateau? Right now, bouncing my head off the wall is about all I got.

@Emily: I second the warm water, first thing in the morning if you can, with a little lemon! Black coffee will help move things as well. Do you eat a lot of foods high in fiber? Could try adding some and see if that helps as well!

Last edited by Thousandsunny; 02-10-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote