Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2017, 08:56 PM   #61  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1585 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (450 calories)
Salad w/roasted chicken & BHF's ranch 400 calories
iced coffee my usual way 50 calories

Dinner (875 calories)
shared ribeye steak w/DH 300 calories
grilled sea scallops 100 calories
asparagus 75 calories
mushroom risotto 200 calories
small slice key lime pie 200 calories

Exercise
40 minute walk
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:04 PM   #62  

Hi all
Guess not posting here was not one of my best ideas. Have gained 5 lbs. Time to get back on track. This means I am back. It's clear to me that I cannot do it alone.

I do not have the energy to post a lot, which is partly why I stopped posting. So I will not be the epitome of sociability. However, I am a good listener (aka reader of posts )

So, back on plan Sunday. I did have to increase oil by 100 calories because I am taking turmeric for imflamation. It's fat soluble. So that may slow down the loss. Today I had two 4 oz cookies. Sausage, vegetable and blue cheese stoup. Veg and chicken stir fry and frozen whey powder protein drink with cocoa powder. Total: 2.500 calories. I will not weigh myself on Sunday.

Hope everyone is doing well, and has a great Sunday.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #63  
Trying to live below 200

Flower Welcome back. Please don't feel pressured to do personals. I have also been struggling with this. I want to do personals, but I just don't seem to have the time right now. I also get overwhelmed with it all. So I know this is good for me and I need to keep doing it. I do personals when I can. Everyone here is so supportive and reach out to each other when they can.

My personals for the night:
I have said this before, but I want to say it again. I want to thank everyone for being supportive of each other. This is really a great group. We are all on different plans, exercise differently, etc but everyone is welcome here. Thank you for being so kind and supportive of each other.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:02 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Cw: 141.6
Just a quick check in. I'm tired...DH and I went shopping for some spring clothes today..didn't find much for me but for the kids several outfits...but I bought out our malls bath n body works lol. Weight was good this morning ...calories were good today. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:06 AM   #65  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening everyone!

Retail therapy was a success for my sister's items, for me not so much but I really am holding off until I am out of transition clothes, you know the ones in the part of the closet that use to fit and now almost fit again but not real attractive? And if winter ends in the next month or so this will work out nicely, my sweaters can be put away and my long sleeve blouses can come out to play and they wont be soo tight across my tummy I am looking forward to that.

Carbs 19.0 (very high for me today--big cabbage stir fry at lunch), Calories 904, fat 51g, protein 84g. I may drink a protein shake later but honestly I am full from a large piece of cod tonight.

I did however get in over 10,000 steps on this trip into the mall and tomorrow we have a walk planned in the am.

Pang Thank you for the link and I read the article, so many of those combinations my DH already does naturally and he did not even know what the great benefits were he just gravitates towards those combinations. Right now he is taking turmeric, either fresh or powder, mixed with cinnamon and honey to help with pain in his hip, this is an anti inflammatory combination. This is something I may try in the near future for the arthritis in my hands.

As for the calories and being satisfied with small meals and fasting, this is not a problem for me. I can eat a 300 calories meal (depending on what the food is--usually high protein and veggie) and be satisfied for hours. I would like to PM you with questions I am sure I will have in the future if you are ok with that.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:18 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Yes that is perfectly OK.
I am off to the gym before anyone wakes up.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:58 AM   #67  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Strech (sitting)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1585 +
Weigh In: 173.4
No Change

Have a great day!
Old 01-29-2017, 08:37 AM   #68  

Smile January 2017

Hi (again)!

Welcome back Flower123. I was in a small online diet group for over 10 years. Whenever I was having success, I tuned in, and other times I left for a while. I wanted to associate the group with success. It was really helpful to me. I'm sorry that I did not get back to another group like this one sooner (after it declined).

Sometimes I too feel overwhelmed about responding to everyone, especially in the beginning when it was difficult getting started. I figure if I do some responses at least once a week, I am doing good.

216/218/214/209/206.8/204 I am down almost a pound from yesterday.

EXERCISE: none.
DIET: Meals okay, desserts: slice of ice cream cake, chocolate covered almonds, fiber bars, gummies. I had less food cravings last two days.
OTHER: nothing.

GOALS:
EXERCISE: do something.
DIET: food mover, record desserts.
OTHER: sort boxes in den.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #69  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning all and happy Sunday!

Welcome back Flower! I, too am a returning member. I was here a few years ago and dropped a large amount of weight, thought i could do it on my own and gained it all back and then some. I have come to realize and accept that I can't do this alone and the support I receive here is what keeps me going and keeps me on track. I have also realized that while I may not do personals all the time, I will check in here everyday and report on my weight, calories and exercise (once I get back to the gym) because it helps me to stay accountable and make good decisions through my day.

This group is wonderful and does some great things to support each other. I love how different we are and yet we are all trying to better ourselves. I love that.

So yesterday was pretty good for me.
Calories: 1376
Water 64 oz
Weight: 265.6 Down .2
No exercise yet.

so I tweaked my knee again and I think it may put exercise on hold even longer. Which makes me a little upset, but I feel that as long as I stick to good, clean foods, I should still keep losing. So that's the plan for me.

Today's meals are planned as nachos for lunch. I won't have but maybe 3 tortilla chips. I usually put my nacho fixin's on top of a bed of salad. Then for dinner before church, I am going to make muffin tin shepard's pie. Can we talk about how excited my son is?! he LOVES it when I get into a groove of cooking. Again, I may only have 1 of them, 2 at the very most. I'll have a huge salad to go with, that's automatic for me. I am actually thinking about making a couple with just the meat, corn and cheese and no potatoes. I'm not sure yet.

Other muffin tin recipes on the horizon this week will be mini taco cups and mini meatloaf. I may make some pancake muffins too. I just bought some protein pancake mix and it is AMAZING (let me know if you want to know the brand). My son loves it, so the pancake muffins would be a good grab and go breakfast for him before school.

Let me stop rambling and get to the grocery store. I have cooking and laundry to do before church tonight. It's going to be a busy one today. I hope all of you are doing great!!

LOVE this group!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:07 AM   #70  
Super Single Mom

Why is it that my ticker never updates? Am I doing something wrong?
Old 01-29-2017, 12:06 PM   #71  
Do More than Survive

S/C/G: 285-Heaviest/199/175

Hey strangers!!!!! It's been a very long time. So many changes in my life. I changed jobs after 11 years. My daughter finished her master's degree and she and the grandsons moved away (sigh). I don't get to see them nearly as much as I would like, but we (me and the boys) are adjusting to our new normal. I'm still plugging along with the weight loss/trying to be healthier. Unfortunately, I'm still not very consistent, but I think I'm getting there. (I've lost 20 lbs since changing jobs - 5 months ago today.)

I hit onederland on January 9 - my 52nd birthday!!!! 199.6. (I bought a new scale that is 3 lbs heavier, but I didn't switch to it officially until today when I hit 198 on it!) The 199.6 on my birthday was on the scale I've been using throughout my entire weight loss journey.

I need to get rid of the old scale because I'm kind of OCD about weighing on both scales every day. I really like the 195 today on the old scale, but I know the 198 is more accurate. I've changed my "Starting weight" on my ticker to reflect the higher weight. I'm really torn on that one. I am not positive what my highest weight was (you know, you don't really like to know those numbers "on your way up"). I know I was in the 280-290 range (at least). I waffle back and forth about what to list as my start weight. For now I'm going to say 290 and the next time I go to the doctor's office I'm going to have them check my records (I've been going to the same doctor for about 18 years). I guess it doesn't really matter, but . . .

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day. Now that I've switched to the new scale I will start posting my daily weigh-ins the first of February (my food is pretty boring most days so not sure how much of that I'll post). I still claim the 199 on my birthday because I think I earned it.

Last edited by MadeToThrive; 01-29-2017 at 12:07 PM.
MadeToThrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:34 PM   #72  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

The sun is shining and my weight is the same all week well if you want to get technical.....4 up an down.

So since my body is being my body. You know I do that scold thing and it did not work this week. I am going to go to the zoo...heck why not

Check back in later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 252/223/165

Height: 5.9 / 175cm

Hi Everyone,

I know I've been away, but things have been crazy over here. I am keeping up with my plan, and the pounds are (slowly) burning off.

I'm happy to catch up with you all and to see that you are all doing so well!

Lots of love!
Margot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:51 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Hello you all wonderful ladies,
this is a quick one, I've just sat down and I'm on my way out actually.
Today was my youngest daughter's first birthday. I made a lovely cake for her (and for everyone else, obviously). I had planned to have one piece of cake, just because I want to be able to be "social", a.k.a. normal and have one piece of cake when I'm on a birthday party. After all, it's not an occassional piece of cake that made me fat, it's consistent, every day overeating on sugar. So, the plan was to have a piece and finish at that
However, as I was making the cake, there was so much tasting the filling and icing and licking my fingers, when the party actually started, I didn't feel like eating a cake at all. So I had a tiny bit while I was feeding my two years old, who is sick ATM and refuses to eat on her own (apparently having a running nose prevents you from being able to feed yourself. Who knew). So I had, I don't know, maybe one quarter of a slice. Plus all I ate while preparing the cake.

I then had just strawberries mixed with plain yoghurt and some agave syrup for dinner.

So, today I had some extra calories, but nothing terrible. I'm invited to my friend's house now and instead of driving there, I'm going to walk (app. 2 miles). Other then that, there was no time for excercise, just running around the kitchen all day.

Just needed to share that I did quite well, I think, considering all the circumastances.

Last edited by Ronja; 01-29-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:11 PM   #75  
Super Single Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronja View Post
Hello you all wonderful ladies,
this is a quick one, I've just sat down and I'm on my way out actually.
Today was my youngest daughter's first birthday. I made a lovely cake for her (and for everyone else, obviously). I had planned to have one piece of cake, just because I want to be able to be "social", a.k.a. normal and have one piece of cake when I'm on a birthday party. After all, it's not an occassional piece of cake that made me fat, it's consistent, every day overeating on sugar. So, the plan was to have a piece and finish at that
However, as I was making the cake, there was so much tasting the filling and icing and licking my fingers, when the party actually started, I didn't feel like eating a cake at all. So I had a tiny bit while I was feeding my two years old, who is sick ATM and refuses to eat on her own (apparently having a running nose prevents you from being able to feed yourself. Who knew). So I had, I don't know, maybe one quarter of a slice. Plus all I ate while preparing the cake.

I then had just strawberries mixed with plain yoghurt and some agave syrup for dinner.

So, today I had some extra calories, but nothing terrible. I'm invited to my friend's house now and instead of driving there, I'm going to walk (app. 2 miles). Other then that, there was no time for excercise, just running around the kitchen all day.

Just needed to share that I did quite well, I think, considering all the circumastances.

So proud of you about the cake! I would've eaten all the filling and then snarfed a bunch of cake! Proud of you girl!!