Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-27-2017, 10:43 PM   #46  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Waving all around, I do hope to get to some personals tomorrow. I have so many questions on so many fronts about you chicks!

So this eve DH and I are in the grocery store and and heads down the asile to get some coke....and poof out of no where a 2lt bottle falls off the shelf and explodes all over spraying DH clothes. It was awful I was really glad no one got hurt with the cap flying like it did.

Ok that was my excited today
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:08 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

I can't sleep any longer.
Breaking my fast with oatmeal with pumpkin. 33 hours on 570 cals
It's dern cold, I'll walk to the gym in a few hours.
Putting the chicken soup in the Wi-Fi.
All is well.

I also am happy with the long term average of 5lbs a month. So far so good.

Nancy. If you know your goal weight? You may figure the portion sizes in advance, and practice eating the portion sizes. Take notes on what you like to keep or change.

Last edited by Pang; 01-28-2017 at 03:17 AM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #48  

Smile January 2017 Goals

Hi!

Sounds like a lot of people have done well this month. I think I did okay this month. I lost a little. I had a lot of stress, and usually that would make me gain.

Ronja: Sometimes there is a baby class or a toddler class before I swim. They are so cute and after they get used to the water, it is difficult to get them out. Some kids learn to swim before they walk!

216/218/214/209/207.7/204 I am losing (again)!!!

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
EXERCISE: swam 60 laps 2 days ago, and walked tread mill and biked for a total for a total of 40 min yesterday.
FOOD: I must be wishing for junk food, because a bunch of coupons for freebies have come my way. Such temptation. Two days ago, I was amiss with a tostada, and later, a whopper, fries, and a frappe. I consumed the frappe over a two day period. I did some grocery shopping and most of it is healthy. I ate healthier yesterday.
OTHER: I ran a bunch of errands that needed to be done. I think it is a lot easier to lose weight when I get away and do something different. I did some sorting.

GOALS:
EXERCISE: do something.
FOOD: use food mover, record desserts, junk food.
OTHER: do some sorting.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:20 AM   #49  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning and Happy Weekend!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 173.4
Down: .4

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:01 AM   #50  

Good morning everyone and Happy Saturday! Wishing everyone a great new day and for our final weekend of this month.

Things are going well planwise, oh yesterday's menu I had a bit of an alteration. I had the thin n' trim chicken as planned, then later in the afternoon before dinner I got hungry and had a piece of the haddock I had made and at dinner I had a mini meatloaf (I had to cook the hamburg last night) and a tomatoe salad. I sipped on my water last night which I had slacked on last week and that really helped. I will focus to make sure and have my water at night this weekend. Felt lighter this morning. Skipping the Mexican restaurant this weekend girls, have my meals planned. 4 days left to the month and I want to give it my all. Planning a walk in today's activities.

Ronja Oh good, I am glad! ditto! Here is to a great new day for us all!

Teri Congrats on losing again and on your exercise and all of your accomplishments!

Diana some days things just come up like that, wishing you a great new day and time for you to do what it is you wish. You must be happy to get new phones!

Nichols congrats on your weight

Pang I hope you sleep better tonight and enjoy that chicken soup today!

nancy yikes! That can be dangerous, good thing it didn't hit anyone indeed!

A big hi to all of you and everyone I missed. We are going out shortly, will get a walk in and also will report my menu later on or tonight if I get a chance. I have all the ingredients on hand. Enjoy the day and here is to a good day for us all!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:32 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 1/28/17

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Plan for today - 1,152; exercise - 2.6 miles walking with dog, burned 260 net calories. Water - 100 oz.

WI 201.2, down.

Greetings and support to everyone!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #52  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Happy Saturday my friends!!

Calories: 1552
Water: 64oz
Weight: 265.8. Down 1.4
Still no exercise yet

I am feeling strong coming into this last weekend of January. Low carb is the way to go for me. Luckily I don't feel like I am depriving myself and I think that is KEY for me!

Hoping to play some catch with my boy this weekend. Also have much laundry to get caught up on. Also have to get a few more things at the grocery store (I'm out of bananas and that's no good!). Working right now to plan out the meals for the day so I won't get off track. I'm thinking tilapia and salad for lunch and maybe some chicken breast on the grill for dinner.

Question for the group: what are your favorite marinade?? I'm looking for some new ideas.

Let's make this last weekend count!!

Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:37 AM   #53  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well I am off for some retail therapy with my sister hehhe

scale up a bit this am...soo the grrr come out,
weekend food is always a bit of a mystery for me but I seem to make the right choices.

Waving and Hugs to this wonderful support group with a little dance too=---got to exercise

Pang Thank you for the advice, the more and more I read the closer I am to doing the 5:2 and incorporate it in with my low carb eating style that I can maintain. I have never been good with calorie counting. My biggest loss month was December and when looking back on my journal doing a small meal on fast day around 6:30pm is very doable for me.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #54  

Hi again, just got back. Went for a formal walk and then a lot more walking in a big store and outdoor plaza. I found a Leslie Samsone walking Dvd that I have been wanting so real happy about that! Stopped in for a salad with light vinigraitte before coming home.

Today's menu:
L-2 h.b eggs
m.d (afternoon) salad with light vinigraitte
D-baked haddock with either broccoli or spinach and maybe a tomato salad.
snack-s.f jello or fudge pop if I want a snack after
sip on water all evening!

Vixsen Congrats on a good day and your meal planning! That is essential for me too and NOT running out of stuff. Your menu sounds wonderful. I like Cains fat free Italian dressing (it is also low on the sugar count). I have it on salad sometimes but it also makes a great marinade for chicken (yum on the grill) I marinade it with the dressing and add some fresh squeezed lemon, oregano, and a bit of pepper. Enjoy your evening and your meals.

nancy WTG on your exercise and enjoy that retail therapy! lol

Tonight looking for a good movie, I really like the lifetime movie network and I will see if anything good is playing. Sleep well everyone , will catch you tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:21 PM   #55  

Zonie waving : ) congrats on the loss and exercise! Greetings and support to you as well! Thanks Zonie, have a great night! : )
Old 01-28-2017, 03:31 PM   #56  

Nancy
At your weight and weight goal .
5:2 would be a great tool to use .
The first two weeks are the most difficult, but after that it's a calorie restriction skill that go on and off of.
Let's say someone with 100lbs to lose would struggle more than a someone with 20. It's nearly the same as slimfast concept. With 1 sensible dinner a day . Or two smaller ones.
Over and over I heard about those trying to have three 200 calories meals complain about hunger pangs. Where as eating the one 500 meal at normal lunch or dinner time.

I thinking the question for you would be are satisfied - feel full or nearly full on 500 calories.

I feel full on 600 calories with at least 30% of my protein requirements. This helps me understand that currently I can have three meals a day of 600 or 1800. So I'll eventually get near the 180 mark. As my body shrinks my caloric requirements will too.
I'll back down to three 500 cal meals I'll eventually weigh near 150lbs.. I would keep moving it down to three 400 calorie meals and would eventually weigh 120 lbs..

I know this formula works.
It's abit fuzzy where im at 240lbs, I still feel hungry at three 600 cal meals BUT I don't feel hungry with two 900 calorie meals .

It's the same amount . Three meals are healthiest , only because it's three separate opportunity for nutritional uptake. Due to so.e nutrients canceling out other nutrients.

Could go on and on and on . But I don't want to make it seem overly complicated.
If you feel OK with eating one 500cal meal twice a week.
And eat normally on the other days of the week. It's about 1/2 a week . Over a years time. That's 26 lbs. So you would drive yourself nuts jumping on scale every few days.
Especially with all the hype on crash diets offering quick results.

So let's say you make it to maintenance.
You get to decide how you keep you weight at goal. Occasional fasting would fit well as an occasional tool. Say six weeks of 5:2
Twice a year. Depending on if your exercise active.

It's flexible . But there more.
It can have other benefits. I personally use it with other longevity health opportunities.
I walk after my last meal of the day.
I fast 2-3 days a week
I eat fish 2 days a week.
I work out with weight bearing exercises 2days week.
I eat health food on the feed days.
I have a routine for detoxing liver , gallbladder and colon.
I drink potent health drinks.
I eat proven cancer prevention and fighting foods
High in anti oxidants, pre and probiotics, and immune boosters.

Best way I K of how to do that on the fasting Trek is to utilize the synergy foods.

I just quickly googled this one .
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/fe...gy-super-foods

As more of these food pairing are being researched . I'm finding them on my plates more often.
For Instance
Sunday is my beef/steak night.
Beef with broccoli helps synergies the nutritional uptake
But so does tomato skin and broccoli.
So I have a small salad with tomatoes, broccoli and steak.
Thing is I add other synergies to the salad like turmeric and black pepper.

So OK that's not exactly 5:2 fasting days
But it's the health foods on 2:5 feeding days

My personal experience has been . When I'm fasting . I get hungry enough to not be picky. I'm hungry with hunger pangs. Eating some of the bland ones for variety.
Because I have so much weight to lose I can afford to get ambitious and go 4:3. But still it's 3:4 feed days.
I eat great tasting health food with great synergies and nutritional benefits.
If it were just me , myself , and I. I would have this with no troubles, but my wife and daughter are not interested. I struggle with them . The costs and whining. I sigh. They don't put the food in my mouth. So it's trying To tell them "NO IM NOT EATING TODAY"
And the next day. NO IM NOT EATING THAT CANCEROUS FOOD.

especially when it tastes soo goood!

It's like going through a break up sometimes I swear!

Last edited by Pang; 01-28-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #57  

Default January 2017

Vixsin: I also look for marinades/salad dressings to spice up my food. I like a salad dressing called Garlic Expressions. It is made in OH. It is good for dipping bread, on salads and meat. I find it at specialty stores.

I also like Trader Joe's Oriental Dressing in the refrigerated section. It is a peanut sauce. Again, I use it on different things.

I like going to food tastings. Every once in a while I get hooked on something. I'm using Trader Joes aioli mustard on my eggs/muffin. And as I have said before I have some Trader Joes simmer sauces (curry and masala) that I use with meat, eggs, vegetables. I did basil pesto on my eggs...yum.

I hate when I buy a bottle of some sauce that I dislike or am indifferent to. I have to watch that I don't purchase too many new sauces/dressings at the same time. When I do that, often I don't get to them at all.

Oh, I'm from western PA.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:19 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Food (now before I forget what I ate!)

B: two scrambled eggs, olive oil, string cheese
S: bblueberry smothie, cashew nuts
L: turkey meat, fresh salad, coffe with milk, two squares of high quality chocolate
S: two bites of home made all-grain (flour-free) bread
D: Lunch all over, plus apple

Today was good foodwise (thank you for your support, Weekend Boater! I remembered it more than once during the day and it kept me accountable).

Today, I reached my goal for January. I lost 3.5 kgs (7.7 pounds). I hope to add few more months like that before my weightloss slows down substantially.

Excercise: Aching hip, didn't run, walked 8k steps.

Last edited by Ronja; 01-28-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:32 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri000 View Post
Hi!

Ronja: Sometimes there is a baby class or a toddler class before I swim. They are so cute and after they get used to the water, it is difficult to get them out. Some kids learn to swim before they walk!

It's lovely, isn't it. I did this sort of classes with my first set of twins and well really enjoyed it.

I take very good care that my girls to not suffer the disadvantages I experienced when I was a child. I was always THE fat child who struggled in PE. All my girls are healthy weight and active. I want them to be able to swim, skate, ski, ride a bike, the basic sports. They can afterwards chose what they like to do best, but I want them to have the opportunities open, so I teach them basics of everything.

It's the main reason we went to the mountains trip last week - for my oldest girls (5 years old twins) to learn to ski. Which pretty much happened. Few more lessons and they will be good to go. Down hill skiing is a pretty social sport where I live and groups of friends often go to mountains together for a weekend or a week to ski. So I wanted my girls, should they ever be invited, to be able tosay Yes, why not (rather then "oh, sorry, I never learnt to ski").

Same with food, we often talk about healthy choices, and the pleasure of enjoying everything in moderation. They have candies, but they have lot of fruits and vegetable too. If they have cake for snack, there's going to be a healthy dinner to even things out. I really want them to be as happy and as healthy as possible in their lives and being naturally healthy weight, and having a healthy relationship with food, is alarge part of it.

Sorry for going on and on. As you can see, it's something I really care about. Please excuse the mother of a large family here

Last edited by Ronja; 01-28-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:59 PM   #60  

Not that it's a marinade.
I eat a mustard. It's horseradish mustard.
It's zero calories.
I like it on salads, but I like honey mustard better.

Do I experimented with stevia. I slowly mix stevia, water, horseradish mustard , unflavored whey protein until it it's slightly sweet. It's about 50 cals of protein. Is great on an onion and tomato spinach with walnuts. Throw in a few dried blueberries and an egg, Parmesan,pepper and turmeric.

Sorry. I guess I just figured out what Im having for dinner.

Last edited by Pang; 01-28-2017 at 06:01 PM.