Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #1  

Default Starting Atkins today

I am a 35 years old, 6 foot 1 inch male that weighs 280 pounds. I am starting this entry as a motivational tool to myself and others. My goal is to lose 40 pounds over the next 2 months via Atkins. Then transition into the 4/3 intermittent fasting to get to and maintain a weight of 225. I am active and lift weights and do hiit cardio 4 days a week. During my atkins phase, I plan on eating the same thing every day, because past experience has taught me this is the best way for me.
Morning- 2 cups coffee with half/half and 2 packets splenda each cup
Breakfast- 3 oz porkchop, omelet 1 whole & 3 egg whites, 1 slice cheese with baby spinach
Lunch- Same as breakfast
Snack- Mozz cheese stick and 3 oz of homemade carb free jerky
Dinner- 2 baked chicken leg quaters and a 12 oz. can of pre-cooked greens

This translates into 18 net carbs a day with half coming from veggies, and 1700 calories.

Any input, advice, personal stories, or past results is requested.
I will update my weight loss results once a week. Good luck everyone.
Brocker81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:16 PM   #2  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Hey Brocker81,

Your post caught my attention since you mentioned Atkins and IF, and I just started IF. I do 16:8, though, it just works out for me.

I have had some great success with the low carb lifestyle, but I've never done Atkins. I tried South Beach and now I'm Keto. But it looks like we eat pretty similarly. Why the half and half in your coffee and not heavy cream, out of curiosity. do you think you'd get bored with the same meals? I tend to have the same lunches over and over, but mixing it up can help break up monotony.

How do you like HIIT? I've been meaning to look into to it but I think I have to find a place to start.

Good luck!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:34 AM   #3  

HI Brocker81!

You set your goal far tooooo much ... There is no healthy way to lose 40 pounds in 2 months ... forget this marketing gag someone told you. Keep an eye on a negative daily calorie balance and lose in a HEALTHY way weight. I lost 30 kg in 12 months. I used "SlimTracker" on iphone which supported me good. Could maybe help you also. Please provide more information of your dietary - but it doesn't sound healthy at first ...
Thanks
best regards
MatMei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Depending on a body's metabolism, 40 pounds in two months on strict Atkins is possible for some people. Like my husband (the dog) But don't beat yourself up if you find it's going a little slower. Now that I'm older and quite content with my life, I see so clearly that losing weight and maintaining it is not a race. If you find an enjoyable and healthy way of eating, it's more important to stick with your lifestyle and let your body throw away excess weight on its own timetable than it is to get the scale down fast. I wish I had an exact log of my weight loss as my memory is not what it used to be. When I first cut out bread and sugar, I believe I lost about 25 pounds in the first two months. I've maintained that loss and have lost more (albeit much more slooooooowly) over these last two years.

I've made a habit of typically not eating after 6 pm for most of my adult life. The biggest difference between me now and before I was cognizant of the effect sugar and wheat have on me is that these days I'm not a crazed animal when I get hungry. Most times I don't eat breakfast until after I've exercised which is normally somewhere around 10 or 11 am. So even though I don't know much, if anything, about intermittent fasting, I suspect IF is an easy addition if you're following Atkins.

Good luck Brocker81! I find that once I'm past that low carb flu that staying on plan is a piece of cake, or should I say a slice of beef?
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:26 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocker81 View Post
I am a 35 years old, 6 foot 1 inch male that weighs 280 pounds. I am starting this entry as a motivational tool to myself and others. My goal is to lose 40 pounds over the next 2 months via Atkins. Then transition into the 4/3 intermittent fasting to get to and maintain a weight of 225. I am active and lift weights and do hiit cardio 4 days a week. During my atkins phase, I plan on eating the same thing every day, because past experience has taught me this is the best way for me.
Morning- 2 cups coffee with half/half and 2 packets splenda each cup
Breakfast- 3 oz porkchop, omelet 1 whole & 3 egg whites, 1 slice cheese with baby spinach
Lunch- Same as breakfast
Snack- Mozz cheese stick and 3 oz of homemade carb free jerky
Dinner- 2 baked chicken leg quaters and a 12 oz. can of pre-cooked greens

This translates into 18 net carbs a day with half coming from veggies, and 1700 calories.

Any input, advice, personal stories, or past results is requested.
I will update my weight loss results once a week. Good luck everyone.
don't do it
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote