Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 08:59 PM   #16  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Hi, guys! I'm hangin' on by a thread here as Demon Scale wants me to just have a little peek. Tomorrow, though, is the day the Empress Amarantha has her Imperial Ceremony o' Stepping on the Golden Scale of Good Intentions, the best scale in all the land, that measureth good intentions as well as actual poundage!

Inches are definitely more important ... and we almost always lose inches before the scale registers anything, so anyone who's losing inches will eventually find the Joy of Scaling before too long.

Shelley: Your dh sounds like a winner ... who cares what the scale says, you've got your own way of measuring progress!

Trulyunique: Congratulations on getting into that outfit! Good job on banishing the ... but watch out, sometimes those batteries jump right outta the trashcan and they can find Demon Scale even in the basement and when the two demonic forces reunite, they magically transport themselves back into our bathrooms and bedrooms. Just when you think it's safe ...

Holly, it's a LAW OF NATURE: the lower reading scale is ALWAYS the correct one! And mother ALWAYS knows best!!!

Hope you enjoyed your walk with the pups, Hotsplashes!!! Who needs the approval of Demon Scale when we have puppies and horses. (Well, I don't have a horse and my Old Dog's not a pup, but you get the concept!)
Old 08-31-2003, 09:22 AM   #17  
47 pounds gone!!

Well, good lucketh on the scaleth Miss Empress

Yeah, loosing inches gives us back that girly figure we once had.. he he

My DH can't keep his hands off of me! LOL I'm like, where were you about 20 pounds and lots of inches ago??
He's a good man.. he's been very supportive of my diet and motivates me to get off my butt and exercise... and always gives me the best compliments

I have a digital scale too.. I thought about taking the batteries out of that bad boy for some time but I just can't do it.. *sigh* Kudos to you, truly, for taking that big step!

Holly, I need to find a scale like that! Mine is forever stuck on 148 and won't budge!

HEY We need to come up with "The 12 steps" of Scale addicts anonymous! Here's one!

1. We admitted we were powerless over the evil scale and that our temptations had become unmanageable.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:08 AM   #18  
Empress/Queen

Well, I did have good luck, thanks to Flexpoints. A half pound is consistent with what I thought I should go down after three days on that program, so the has become an ... for the moment. I need to be stronger than ever to not get on until next Sunday and I feel I will be rewarded with a solid loss at that time!!!

I dunno if I should be in this meeting, 'cause right now I love my scale and feel I've taken CONTROL o' the :demon: !!!!!
Old 08-31-2003, 04:46 PM   #19  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Default I'm Here...I made it...at last!

Hope i'm not too late to join in??
It took me a while to get here...

I too have a confession... Tulip is a scales addict!!! I not only weigh myself every morning, nakie after going to the potty with no jewlery, I move the scales around the bathroom until i get the best results, for some reason i'm heavier nearer to the window than by the door [something to do with the floor boards me thinks!!!] but that's the way i like it to do it

I'm up for a 12 step programme, what do i have to do, weigh myself ONLY 12 times a week??!! he he he

Glad to meet like minded SA!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 07:42 AM   #20  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Lightbulb A-H-H- H-A!

Well I snuck up on again this morn.....down a pound. That is good. I did hop on last night for a preview before bed and things were lookin' good.

Empress A, that all wurn't no luck! That all were HARD WORK and GOOD MANAGEMENT on yure part...it's always fun when you beat that scale!

I hope that inch thing holds 'cause I should drop more then....I feel less jiggly

I need to cruise on....gotta a lot of things to do...lotta of strategies to build on how to weigh myself...never thought of moving the scale!?! I'm learnin' new stuff here!

Ceara
Old 09-01-2003, 11:05 AM   #21  
Work in Progress

I have suffered from this cruel affliction! I had it so bad at one point that my boyfriend at the time took the scale from me and I threw an abosolute embarassing fit....I would weight several times a day (I am not controlling or obessive ). I now happily weight myself only once a day, and only in the morning and if I miss that time then I don't until the following day.

I used to do the bodily excavation, removal of all clothing, and the extreme exhale before weighing myself. Now I just take off the clothes (oh, and I do wait until after the bathroom) so I guess I just done do the massive exhale <giggle>.

It is nice to be able to laugh about something that I always found strange. My old bf thought it was funny and he too make me laugh about it, but I did threaten to cause him bodily harm in a most precious area!!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 09-01-2003, 12:33 PM   #22  
Confirmed Scales Addict

After posting to this thread last night, i went to bed and resisted weighing myself just so i didn't have to own up to it on here!!! ;-)

See a problem shared is a problem halved [or what ever the saying is!!!]

Down a pound this morning so i'm really pleased...weighing myself daily encourages me to eat healthier during the day ....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!! :-D
Old 09-01-2003, 04:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Happy Labor Day my lovely ladies! Hope this post is finding everyone enjoying themselves!! I have not got on the dreaded scales today because I truly wanted to enjoy my day. This weekend was a tuff one as my eating was not on target. I had a two bad sugar crashes and had to eat what was at hand, a power bar and peanuts. And of course I did cheat and had a burger with a bun at the horseshow. A county fair ain't a county fair without a fairburger! But today has been good!

Welcome Rowan Baily! glad you could join us! And what an encouraging story of you being able to only weigh once a day! You are to applauded!lol The boyfriend story was a good chuckle here! Hope you will continue to visit us here at SAA!

Tulip fairy!!!! Wonderful news of the pound loss!!! Keep up the good work, and stop getting on the scale at night! You are more likely to disappoint yourself at nite. Naughty girl! BUT we are glad you came to the meeting to confess!!LMAO...GOod Going on the pound loss!!!

Ceara!! Congratulations to you too on the pound loss! What a bunch of wonderful LOSERS! we have here in SAA! I'm proud of my fellow scale addicts! Make sure you pop in again to keep us upto date on the continuing losses!!

Amarantha...glad you are becoming a regular here! I hope the Empress is Losing along with the rest of us!!!

And to all the rest of our members of Scales Addict Anonymous, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and hope to see you all posting in here this week!
Old 09-01-2003, 05:55 PM   #24  
47 pounds gone!!

OY!! I have to stop getting on the scale.. It's driving me crazy.. I am UP a pound today.. possibly due to PMS.. but still.. why do I do this to myself?! I refuse to reduce myself to a freakin' number on a scale. Although it still depresses me a little... I just want to take the darn scale and throw it in the trash! grrrrr!
Old 09-01-2003, 09:32 PM   #25  

I'm finally here! I just figured out how to register yesterday and now I am making a "post" - I promise to be more informative next time...
Old 09-02-2003, 10:42 AM   #26  
47 pounds gone!!

Hi Saidamom! Welcome to SAA!

Oh boy.. I have a lot of making up to do this week. I did SO bad this weekend. LOL So don't feel bad hot! I ate terribly and drank for 2 nights straight. OY! Hey, what can I say.. It was labor day weekend.. lol

I'm not stepping on the scale again until weigh in.. That's Friday.. I may wait until Saturday though.. so I can give myself a little time to loose this pound I gained back!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:10 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Good Morning fellow SAAers!! Sorry to have been gone so long but farmwork kept me so busy yesterday that I was too tired to get on the puter. Sometimes I think we all need a break from the puter like we need a break from the dreaded Scales! I tweaked my diet a bit and found out that having cereal for supper doesn't work for me. Doc said to try it...I did...it didn't work. Had a hard time getting to sleep, tossed and turned even tho I was tired. Got up this morning all bloated and groggy and had weird dreams too. So no more cereal for supper. Just don't work for me!

Saidamom! So glad you finally were able to find your way through the evil mazes that the evil demon scales have set up around our little club to waylay wary travellers! It's never too late to join!! And we're just happy to have you here! Can't wait till your next post!

Empress Amarantha!! How did the Royal Weigh-in go? We are excited to hear! Hopefully none of the evil demons crept up on you!! Please log in and let us know!

Shelley, I owe you a great thanks for keeping the posting going while I was away. I make you honorary Vice President of this chapter of SAA! When the posting started dieing in the last two days, you kept it going!! YAYYYYYYY Shelley! What would I do without you? Hope you decide to stay with us!

OK LADIES!!! The Thread is dieing here!! Where's all my Scale Addicts Anonymous Members??? Let's get busy and keep this Thread on the first page!! I nearly had a heart attack when I didn't see it on the first page. Don't let me down ladies!!!!!!!!!! Let's show the world that we are a bunch of LOSERS!!!YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Old 09-03-2003, 10:22 AM   #28  
47 pounds gone!!

Cool! I'm an HVP! I think this is a great topic and it definitely keeps me motivated and keeps me from stepping on the dreaded evil demon ugly scale! (Until weigh in that is)

I went to the gym yesterday and I think I over exerted myself! My body cramped and ached all night last night and I had the worst headache. I think I was just trying to make up for not going to the gym for 3 days.

I'm going to a Pilates class this afternoon. Never done Pilates in my life. I think it will be a nice break from my hard work out every day. Has anyone else here done Pilates before?

Come on guys.. Jump on in.. the water is FINE! Start posting and keep this thread busy! I'm sure there are lots of other SA's out there who would love to see this and join in

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Old 09-03-2003, 11:41 AM   #29  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Thumbs up Stupid Scales!!!!!!!!

Well this morning i did the whole strip off chase the stupid things around the bathroom and they still told me that i'd put on a pound!!

I HATE THEM - I HATE THEM - I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you, it is my own fault i went out on saturday night for our end of summer staff party and ate and drank way too much

I was soooo dizzy the next morning i couldn't do my exercises or ride my bike!! I even had to have an emergency take out burger / fries and large soft drink to easy my pain

But to put the balance back i got up this morning and did two lots of excercise to make up for it, and my diet has been okay today too
Old 09-03-2003, 11:55 AM   #30  
47 pounds gone!!

Breeeeeeeeeaaaaathhhheeeeee... lol Okay so you had your fun.. Just like I did.. and I put on a pound too! All ya can do it start over the next day and put things back into perspective.. I think we're allowed our fun once in a while! Just don't give up!

Hot.. what kind of cereal did the doc tell you to eat? and why eat it for supper? Just curious

I was SO tempted to step on the scale this morning... but I kept myself busy so I just forgot about it. I was wanting to see if what I did yesterday helped anything. I would have been so disappointed and it probably would have ruined my day if I didn't see a difference.. So I'm glad I didn't!
Closed Thread