Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 12:03 PM   #31  

Hey Ladies!! Well, I decided to put my scale in the bathroom cupboard to resist weighing myself. I did not weigh in yesterday, or today, and am trying not to until Saturday. I ate way too much fatty food on Monday, so, didn't dare step on.

Holly
Old 09-03-2003, 02:23 PM   #32  
47 pounds gone!!

Good for you, chikita! Then you and I are waiting until the same day.. Let's keep each other from dragging that dreaded thing out until Saturday! 3 more days. We can do it!
Old 09-03-2003, 02:34 PM   #33  

Hello! I am truly a scale addict. I just bought a scale 3 weeks ago (I'm practically a scale virgin) now I weigh myself every morning (after I pee) and again before bed every day. I also go to Curve 5x a week and weigh in there as well as once a week at Weight Watchers! Is there help for me... it really does control my mood for the day
Old 09-03-2003, 04:08 PM   #34  
caffeine free!

Hello. My name is Zadie and I am a scale adict. And now for the past two weeks my boyfriend has taken away my scale (to his workshop to weigh stuff to estimate shipping costs for ebay) and I am going through withdrawl.

I laughed very hard at the slowly taking hands off of the window sill becuase that is exactly what I do. Also, I used to have a scale that I weighed different ammounts depending on how I stood on it or where it was placed in the room. So of course I would have to migrate with my sclae arroudn the bathroom. And then I would pick the highest weight. My new scale is very consistent, but unforgiving.

Usually I weigh just in the morning, but sometimes i will step on before bed.

I want my scale back. Is that so wrong?
Old 09-03-2003, 05:40 PM   #35  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Talking HELLO!

No Zadie K, that's OK....my scale was kittywonkers this a.m. because the male members of my family had taken it OUT TO THE FIELD AND WEIGHED THE TURKEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was like 5 lbs heavier....talk about my heart goin' "WHOOSH!!!!" Especially since I have been excellent on my eating behavior. Was relieved when I noticed the calibration was OFF. The good news is that it behaved itself when I re-set it and that the turkeys are 22-24 lbs (hens) and 34-38 lbs (toms). So they are off shortly.
And my scale should stay in the bathroom for another year..sigh...

Ceara
Old 09-03-2003, 08:26 PM   #36  
47 pounds gone!!

Welcome Ideal and Zadie to SAA!! Glad to have you join us!

Ideal-- You control the scale.. Don't let the scale control you! This is the reason why I only try to weigh myself weekly.. I refuse to let a piece of metal and plastic decide what kind of day I'm going to have!

Zadie--It's not wrong to want your scale back..but maybe it's a good thing that your b/f has it! You might find that being without it for a while will do you good.. especially if you weigh yourself after it's been gone a while and you've found that you've lost a few pounds!

Ceara-- LOL!! I would have been chewing someone out!
Old 09-04-2003, 07:08 AM   #37  

Good morning! ARGH, the scale monster won today. I stepped on and it said 148. So, now I have to try to stay off the darn thing at least until September 9, next Tuesday. I never like to weigh in on Monday, so, I guess if I can make it 5 days, it is better than weighing once a day!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:46 AM   #38  
47 pounds gone!!

LOL chikita.. Well, mine won too! I couldn't resist stepping on it this morning (shame on me) but I'm down to 145! I think I lost about 3 or 4 pounds in a week.. Is that healthy? LOL
Old 09-04-2003, 11:41 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Hello Fellow Members of SAA!!! Sorry I missed posting yesterday! Had a rather Odd day if you will notice in my journal. Got shot at while riding my horse! All is well now. So let's get on with today subject!! Our Scales!!lol

Thanks for keeping the thread busy during my absence Shelley!! Yes I too sometimes over do things in hopes to make up for the lacking the day or two before. I don't know why we torture ourselves like that when we should just be realistic and say, "Ok, I messed up a bit. Time to get back on track." Easy as that. Instead we go, "OMIDOG!!! I need to overcompensate!!! MUST OVER COMPENSATE!!" We are such silly people. And finally...... CONGRATS on that BIG weightloss!! What a wonderful loser you are!!! It's prolly alot of water...so don't fret too much!

Ahhhhh Dear Tulip Fairy, It's ok to fall off the wagon. The weight gain is truly only water weight and will be gone soon. We all deserve a treat now and then. Even my Doc told me that even though I am on a pretty strict eating program, I can treat myself to something I truly adore...like cheesecake...as long as it's not a daily thing. He said once a week as a reward kind of thing. And only in small doses. The headache was prolly a sugar hangover...BUT!! You RAllied Back like the LOSER That you are and hopped back on the Wagon and Back On Program!! YAYYYY TULIP!~!!!

WHHOO HOO for Chikitababe in resisting the evil urge to step on the demon scales!! You CAN do it Chikitababe! And we're all right here rooting you on!!!

Welcome Ideal!! I see you get in your Scale Fix in the sneaky way...at the gym and at the WW meetings! Such a smart girl you are! Wily like the Coyote!! Glad you found us! I hope you will post again to tell us how your addiction is going and what you are doing to stop the vicious cycle!lol

Welcome ZadieK!! I see you are another Scale Migrator! I too chase my scale around. We now weigh in out in the kitchen. MUCH better readings out there. And it's not wrong in wanting your scales back. The Scale can be our Friend as long as we keep our addiction in check!!lol Hope you stay with us and keep us informed of the ebay weighing and getting your scale back saga!!! Silly BF!!lol

Ceara!! You are making me hungry!! And I didn't know we had any turkey farms here in Niagara. Now I'm going to have saddle up ole Splash and start riding around looking for Turkeys in hopes of a turkey dinner!!lol Those are some nice sized critters you got there...Silly men and their bright ideas, huh? Hope you got your scale back in human order!

And now for my grand weigh-in for the week.....drumrolls please!!! 182!!! Only a pound...but considering my poor eating habits this week and the sneak preview last nite at 183....I am happy to report a loss!! YAY ME!!! See all you wonderful Losers later today or Definitely tomorrow!! Scale Addicts of the World...UNITE!!! hehehehehe
Old 09-04-2003, 11:54 AM   #40  
47 pounds gone!!

See.. I held on to 148-149 for 3 weeks!! So I am just on cloud 9 today! It seems to be that way for me though.. I'll stay at a certain weight for a few weeks, then boom.. I have a big loss. Wander why that is? I remember being stuck at 158 for almost 4 weeks.. then all of a sudden I was at 153.

Heck, maybe it's my scale trying to trick me..
Old 09-04-2003, 12:19 PM   #41  

Hey All! Thanks for all the welcomes...it is fun to have a common and fun bond with others. My job is very stressful, so the scale is my way of feeling in control. I do believe I am a control freak...ask my husband, or even my x-husband!

Anyway, I went out last night and we didn't get our food served to us until 9pm. I hated going to bed with all that food weighing in me. This morning I was up a pound...agh! Life goes on and what comes on must come off, right???
Old 09-04-2003, 12:33 PM   #42  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Well, still no scale in my house. Aarrgg.

I think one of the things that makes the scale so alluring is becuase when you weigh yourself you feel like you are DOING something. Something rather pointless, but something none the less.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:50 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Hi, I'm Topaz and I'm a scale addict!

I so identify with all the things everyone has described. I actually threw out my scale when I moved this summer, but moved in with family who have one, oh well. Also, I've discovered a scale in a bathroom here at work and have taken to weighing myself every day there! Aack! At least with using the one at work I am starting to get over my weird weighing behaviour. I'm hardly going to take off all my clothes and jewelry at work!

(BTW, I'm new here and this is my very first post. )
Old 09-04-2003, 03:39 PM   #44  

Welcome Aboard Topaz! You'll find alot of info here...tell us all about yourself and why you are at 3FC.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:43 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Welcome Topaz! Always glad to have another Scale Lady among us...I think we need a token Scale Guy...but I don't think guys are as worried about their scales as we are. They are almost like children to us!!lol

See you tomorrow ladies!
Closed Thread