Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-26-2016, 12:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Smile Just looking for some support

Hello,
I'm looking to set some mini goals and just need am just looking for some people who are somewhat in the same boat. I guess we are all in the same boat if we are here since we are all trying to lose weight My overall goal is to be 150 pounds or less (I am currently between 212-215 Bc my weight fluctuates a lot.) My first mini goal is to be 200 pounds or less by Christmas. I have already lost about 12 pounds in about a month just from eating better, so I know if I maintain a healthy diet, I can do it. If I do that, I will have lost 25 pounds. My second mini goal is to get out of the "morbidly obese" range on the BMI scale. At my height, I will have to get to 191 to just be considered "obese." I am just seeking some support to help me continue to be motivated and keep on my journey. Thank you
Macmay3010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239/223.6/165

Height: 5'6"

Default I am with you

It sounds as though we are making similar efforts and approach. I focus on the 5 pound goals at a time and try not to think about the big goal. You have made incredible progress in a healthy, consistent manner that will be life changing. I am trying my best to think in the moment when eating or thinking about eating. I am a mindless blind eater with no control switch. Keep looking at those small goals and remember where you started. I remember being in tears when the scale said 225 because that was a big goal for me. Now I am inching towards 220. Keep up the good work and fight off those weak moments. You can do it despite those urges and old habits.
NurseBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:56 PM   #3  

Thank you! I really need to do better with thinking about what I am eating. I eat in the moment and know I will regret it later but don't think about the effect until later. It's nice knowing there are people out there with similar goals as mine! Makes me not feel so alone. Good luck to you!
Old 09-29-2016, 05:20 PM   #4  

Hi
I am in the same situation. My weight is 205 lbs and my goal weight is 135. I give myself 9 months to achieve my goal.
I try to convince myseld to lose 8 pounds a month so id be fine.. But i feeel its not fast enough.
I am afraid to have cravings during my weight loss and i wont have any control...
MarieMendis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:19 AM   #5  

I just try to remember that it isn't healthy to lose about 2 pounds a week. I heard it somewhere that says it took years to get there so it will take awhile to get rid of too and I try to remember that. But cravings are usually my downfall so hopefully we all can use some willpower!
Old 10-01-2016, 07:32 PM   #6  

Default Hi I am around the same weight and I guess height range.

[QUOTE=Macmay3010;5280802]Hello,
I'm aiming at 10-12 kgs per month initially as the weight comes off easily earlier on.by the end of this month i plan on being 88 kgs (85 if I'm lucky) all the best on your efforts.xoxo

Last edited by ac1008; 10-01-2016 at 07:34 PM.
ac1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:42 PM   #7  
banned

About 4-6kg per month is the sweet spot in my opinion.

Just be patient and persistent
Keto Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: sw190/cw179.5/gw145

Height: 5'8"

It seems like there are several of us in the same boat. My goal is to be in the 190s by the end of December. We can do this!! A couple things that help me day to day is when I think about wanting food, I ask myself - am I really hungry (like is my stomach rumbling)??? If not I pass on the food. Also I keep repeating to myself - Eat to live, don't live to eat. Keeping those reminders at the top of my mind have certainly helped curb some unnecessary eating
lucky216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 106kg/ 99.6kg/ 60kg

Height: 157 cm

Hi! We have a lot in common. I'm 5' 2" and I weight 235 lbs. One of the goals I have is to lose 200lbs by Christmas. We will be celebrating with family and I don't want to be this big when I see them. I've not lost a single pound yet but I'm going to keep trying.
LittleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:23 AM   #10  

Hi!
Were all in the same situation and around the same weight we should stick together because were gonna have the same struggles!!
I officially started my diet on monday and ive lost 2,2 pounds. Id like to be 180 for christmas. I still have 22,8 pounds to lose before.
Ill be 29 yrs old on christmas day so that would be good!!
MarieMendis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:36 AM   #11  

This definitely gives me some encouragement! Let's all lose that weight! And even if we don't meet our goal by Christmas, at least we are losing weight. I am now around 211-213 (I was 212-215) so it's coming off. Slower than a snail, but I think this is honestly the first time I've lost weight anyways so I'm happy lol keep going guys and we will get there!
Old 10-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #12  

I too, need help and advise! Where do I start? I really feel like I'm just spiraling downward and on a death wish (but, I love life) because I can't control my appetite. I have high blood pressure, cholesterol, tryglicerids and sugar! It's just a matter of time before all these things continue catching up with me. I've actually had a few scares already that have lasted for only too little. WHERE DO I START?? HOW ARE YOU DOING IT? Feeling all alone. Have been saying for years I will start exercising and eating healthier but the years go by and I don't do neither. Please help! I want to start to post here giving good news and feeling better about myself and lack of self control!
elisedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:31 PM   #13  

Trust me I'm with you on that. I'm currently sitting next to my new diabetes testing supplies (even though I don't have diabetes my dr wants me to start testing my sugar a few times a week). Reality is starting to set in that if I don't use my self control, I'm gonna be testing every day. I'd say to start, make small changes in your life. Start drinking water instead of pop. Walk a little bit each day. Then start adding other small changes so it's not overwhelming and you can stick with it. Good luck with everything and hopefully you start getting start seeing some positive results.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:48 PM   #14  

Thanks a lot for the prompt advice. I'm actually kind of motivated to start walking and everything else will fall into place. But like it tends to happen, I'm binging this weekend 'cause I'm starting healthier ways this Monday. Lol. Every Monday I'm starting. But, now I really think I will actually start walking a bit on Monday. If I do, I will get back to you with the good news. I've also started searching for some weight loss/cardio videos on youtube and have narrowed it down to easy startup routines. Hopefully I can try that too in the comfort of my own home. Will keep you posted! And yes, you don't want to get diabetes. We can do this!
elisedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 216/207/132 -- 98/94/60

Height: 5'6" -- 168cm

I'll join you MacMay and Co, I want to be on the other side if 200 by xmas too.
Kailou is offline   Reply With Quote