Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 10:06 AM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Welcome back to all the regulars and new posters!
Old 05-01-2016, 01:21 PM   #17  

Good morning Everyone & Newcomers!
Yesterday WI was 162.4, up 3.4 from my low. Do I need to reboot my reboot? I'm working on exercise and a little lax on food "after all I worked out & deserve it". There's too much to do, but this week should be a little less committed. Last week was a bear for me & I became a snapping turtle by Friday. My eating habits disintegrate when I am rushed in my life.

Diana Thank-you for bringing us to May! Thank-you for this thread, for keeping us balanced & feeling tended to as Flower so beautifully put.
Thanks everyone for posting. It is magical how this works!

Inkrid Hope you are enjoying the S days!

Magistra, I hope things are winding down for you, or at leaast you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Flower123 I hope the scale was kind to you! How's your garden doing?

Nicholsfamily Hope you are getting some good softball weather!

Sassypants How's it going?

BelovedWarrior on your fantastic loss! WTG!
Oh what I would give to have that problem with nesting robins! Birds can be really persistent once they decide a place is good for nesting. You are 'chosen' Maybe they sense your innate kindness? Who's gonna prevail? Maybe you will be wearing a helmet to & from
Are you taking the steroids now for your joints? Do you have someone to help you design a workout? Have you considered pilates? It was designed for anyone with any degree of limitation, but you need good instruction, esp in the beginning. I had one-on-one, but I've forgotten it by now. I'm starting over, and even though it's pricey, I think it will get me back to some level of fitness without pain or injury

ZCA I think you have started a run on ribeye! Your day's menus sound so good. I had 2 days of ribeye last week It's nice to read how settled in & healthy you are with ZC.

Yesterday was 88 degrees at a place I walked, and today a bit cooler but glorious sunshine! I hit the gym early before the crowd. They had a big bowl of Kind bars, 180 calories of carb & fat, but minimal processing. A 'healthy' candy bar....not. But they were free & we know those don't count, right???...not. I thought to work it off, not that that really counts, but for accountability. But I maxed out at only 100 calories on the rowing & reclining bicycle & wasn't in the market for a muscle strain. I tried the stationary bike, where you sit straight up & could barely pedal. I asked the staff person to check it & she said it seems fine, & indeed others used it. So that is how out of shape I am. I love this gym so it will be a nice project to reclaim my fitness.

Happy May Day Everyone!

Last edited by Sundove; 05-01-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

Hi all I am back for another month! Tomorrow marks week #8 of my new lifestyle. I'm watching calories (keeping them 1000-1200 most days), carbs (trying to keep under 50) and protein. (100+ grams per day) A few weeks ago, I incorporated that thing people refer to as exercise...my body is not used to that but has adjusted well! The treadmill has now become something fun to do rather than a chore. Never thought I'd say that...Who have I become?!!!
Welcome to all the newcomers (I'm fairly new myself ) Enjoy...you'll like it here!
Old 05-01-2016, 07:16 PM   #19  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Good Afternoon – And HAPPY SUNDAY!

Terry23 – I hope this forum will be very helpful for you. HAPPY early BIRTHDAY! Re: breakfast – eating anything you would eat any other time of the day. We have been so trained that Breakfast has to be a certain thing – while Lunch and Supper can be swapped. So… Swap it up, have whatever is on “your” plan for whatever part of the day it is. Be FREE from, give yourself permission to escape the normal constraints! ENJOY!!

back – sonickel77 – best of luck (and consistent hard work) to you for your life change!

Flower: Hey girl – you’ll see the drop eventually, now you need to get your mouth healed! I’m wondering … if they can make a good tasting GF cookie why can’t they make good tasting calorie free, carb free, sugar free cookie… oh, I guess they do – it’s called AIR!! Be Well ---

ZCA72: I love storms too. But, sometimes I don’t use good sense. Like the time I was standing outside observing BEFORE the actual rain hit … and it was just roaring out, the sky was orangish, and then the wind increased. I’m standing there like an idiot thinking “boy, is this beautiful.” Then I realized that the roar kinda did sound like a train and I thought --- GET IN THE HOUSE!! So, I stood and looked out the window… watching the rain shearing down sideways! The tree in front of me was whipping around --- then I realized, “ah, the wind is coming this way! If the tree is blown over it’s coming right at you… CLOSE THE DOOR!” Gee – I love storms!

dove! Oooo that sure is ish thoughts “DESERVE IT!” I’m glad to hear you have more (or is it less – whatever) time for you! Less commitments – More you – there, I got it worked out My focus and determination also disintegrates when my plate is too full (no pun intended). Thanks for the “kudos” I’m going for another 10! I can do this!! I’m chosen alright! At this moment we have a mess of a different type above my door… I look like a drunken wannabee partier … with curly banners duct taped to my door! It’s hilarious! No steroids since September… which is good because they were “heck” to get off from –body-wise. Lot’s of pain immediately. And, that was during the 16 day drive from MI to OR to WI. And, 3 trips in the hotel and 3 trips out with all our stuff. It was a very grueling trip on my body. I’m glad I didn’t know how difficult it was going to be, as it was also one of the most memorable and cherished times of my life. Pilates huh? I have a friend who teaches it. I did find some very good exercises on youtube, and I enjoyed them the two times I did them (4/13 & 4/14). It is my plan to be consistent, and I’m going to jump on an exercise challenge here at 3FC. Consistent exercise is something I have NEVER done in my life… but, there’s always a first time – Right? It’s spring and summer around the corner, so I have limitedless area to walk. I hope to do that every other day! I hope that you will find fitness without pain also. I’m sure, you, like me, know that if we exercise, it strengthens us and helps diminish the pain. Along with some good supplements (and wine – no just kidding!!) OH NO!!! Not KIND bars … bars!!

Sundove for hitting the gym!!

Gotta run, I’ll finish later - HUGS to everyone!!

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 05-01-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:18 PM   #20  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1265 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 460 calories
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 400 calories
small apple 60 calories

Dinner (400 calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 400 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/10's & 12's
Old 05-01-2016, 09:33 PM   #21  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Terry23: I respond to your question below. For all others, I will need to read some past threads to catch up on personals! For now, I'll report my progress yesterday:

Bfast (105 cal) Coffee w/ creamer & sweetener, Greek yoghurt
Lunch (520 cal) Loaded caesar salad w/ grilled chicken, baby shrimp and egg
Supper (414 cal) Baked salmon w/ steamed broccoli and cauliflower (w/EVOO)
Treat (100 cal) Skinny Cow chocolate truffle ice cream bar (my one true love!)

Exercise: 60 minutes (30 treadmill and 30 elliptical)
Per fitbit: 10,100 steps and 65 active minutes

Total calories in: 1,139
Calories burned per fitbit: 2,208
Deficit: 1,069

Scales: 184.5 (drop of 0.5 lbs.)

Note to Terry23: I have the same problems with balancing a heavy workload. My typical hours range from 50 to 100 per week (investment banker...gets crazy at times). It's those days when I'm at the upper end of that range that get me into trouble diet and exercise-wise! As for breakfast suggestions, I enjoy an omelette. I skip the toast and eat it with a few slices of tomato. I also love Greek yoghurt or regular (vanilla) yoghurt with some fruit. When I'm really pressed for time or on the run, I'll have a protein bar (I like the Atkins' ones). For lunch, I love salads. There's a salad place where I work. You pick your greens, your toppings and your dressing...which is what I generally do. Otherwise, I take the greens/toppings in a Tupperware container and the dressing in a separate container, and then mix it up when lunchtime comes around. I love: (1) Caesar salads with chicken, shrimp and/or egg; (2) garden salad with tomatoes, onions, cukes, peppers, grilled chicken; (3) spring mix with tuna, avocado, tomatoes and sometimes bit of fruit (mandarins or cranberries) with a low-cal Italian dressing; (4) baby spinach with fruit (strawberries/blueberries), some nuts (walnuts or almonds) and blue cheese, topped with a pear and blue cheese dressing. Those are some of my favorites!

Last edited by Tuscany; 05-03-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #22  

Hello again, I'm back already. I wanted to say thank you for the warm welcome and the great suggestions regarding healthy foods while on the go. I love the idea of having shrimp in my salad instead of chicken all of the time. I will most definitely add that to my lunch menu for work. Yes, I agree that I don't have to eat traditional items during a particular meal. Sounds like a plan. Have a good night!
Old 05-02-2016, 12:56 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone I wanted to reserve a spot on May 1st lol, will update later.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:06 AM   #24  

hi all
Today's ad is a potato. Okay my inner food monster saw the picture.
Candidcamster good to meet you. Glad you are here. Congratulations on all the weight you have lost so far.

Terry23 Good to meet you. Glad you got some good suggestions for breakfast foods. I would suggest non breakfast foods for breakfast. It starts out the day letting the body know its on a diet. And its kinda lowish carb. I would do cut veggies with low calorie salad dressing to dip it in. and some cold chicken breast with mustard. I personally would make it the night before. If you are looking for low calorie breakfast foods I am not good at that

Diana WTG on the low calories on Sunday !! Glad you had a good time in Myrtle Beach. How long a drive is it? You went there and came back so quickly.

BelovedWarrier I hear ya re those cookies. Yes the low cal low carb version = air. That's about it !

Sassypants. I am SO impressed that you have added exercise, treadmill into your daily routine. That's awesome. Your calories, carbs look great.

Sundove, I SO relate to the patterns you describe. I was down this morning from last week's highs. BUT then today I had a lot of naughty foods. IDK why my inner cookie monster has such a loud voice I think I need a silencer for my inner cookie monster. Or some sedation for it ( and me?? )

Sonickel sorry that you gained. Although I must say, it happens to the best of us. Never a good feeling. Glad you are getting back on track

ZCA72 glad that you are enjoying the ZC way of eating. Also glad that you got some beneficial rain

Novangel
really glad to hear you are "still rocking Jillian" not at all surprised. Your determination is great.

Determinedchick glad to meet you. Glad you are determined !!

Tuscany good to meet you. it sounds like you really are doing everything you can to maximize your weight loss and body tone. Sorry the weight comes off so slowly for you. You are not alone in that. There are others here who experience that same thing.

Coolmom, Kelijpa, Magistra, Angie and everyone else.

Today the weight was down another 1.4 lbs. I was craving really good breakfast food. I had eggs in the refrig. I made some cooked onions and bought something 280 calories and high in carbs to go with it all. I ate that. Then I went to the health food store and bought something quite naughty/ fattening. I do not want to go into detail. Perhaps its best I not mention the foods I eat when I am not on plan. Just write about the soup when I am on plan. I think this whole soft room temperature food thing has me rebelling and cranky. Its the same soup 3 meals a day.
Pretty much guaranteed, after what I ate today, that Monday will be a diet day.
I hope everyone has a great Monday
Old 05-02-2016, 07:11 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

Sonickel that is funny. need to lose STAT. I feel that STAT also! want it all gone today!!

Beloved, wow a slap in the face with a big tree is not a good thing LOL
You are so right, the beauty of a storm and fascination can get one in trouble
winds weren't bad at all luckily, just a few buckets blown around the yard from the pool area

flower, yea we are getting more rain and we sure need it.
BIG CONGRATS on 1.4 down---keep on rocking it out!! You are doing well and getting results!!

HI ALL
easy day.
off and running early, going to mall with bff Barb. She needs a new top for rehearsal dinner thing for friday. neice getting married on saturday. I am wearing just a nice outfit I can FIT into since I got smaller shopped out of my own closet for this wedding LOL I love that!!!

nothing dramatic today
just a wandering type of day going to happen which is fine by me. chores at home can wait

ribeyes and pork chops today. will eat a few link sausage in a bit....almost force eat cause I am not hungry but don't dare go out and about shopping for who knows how many hrs gone without something in me. Barb might grab a pretzel from the mall type thing and she is good to go, but me, I can't grab a ribeye from a shop LOL.

everyone have a fine monday and enjoy the day!!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:10 AM   #26  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I will be very busy this week due to month end duties at work. I will keep up with personals the best I can, other times it will be a quick one.

Tuscany Great job on the .5!

Terry23 Good luck with your meal planning this week.

Candidcamster HI and welcome to the check-in.

Flower Yay for the 1.4 pounds! We live about 1 1/2 hours from Myrtle Beach. It's not far at all. We didn't actually go all the way into Myrtle Beach. You know how all the areas are spreading out and getting larger?

ZCA72 Enjoy your day!

Last night I added on: Slim & Limber
This Morning: 1/2 Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1265 +
Weigh In: 169.2
Down: .4

Have a great day!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:36 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Happy May Everyone! I'll do personals tomorrow. Have been crazy busy and have been eating more bread than I should. April is always an insanely busy month for me and this year was no different. Haven't gained any weight, but if I keep eating like this it's only a matter of time. Today starts me back on the clean eating wagon. Also haven't been exercising at all, though many days this month I did get my 10k steps in. After completing the couch to 5k, here I am a month later and I doubt I could run a mile without stopping. So as of today I'm also back on the exercise wagon.

My goal this month and June is to find the discipline to do some Pilates or SOMETHING on those days I don't have the time to do a full aerobic workout. Feeling very jiggly. I'm sure I'll gain weight over the next couple of weeks as my muscles will be in recovery/water retention mode. Probably won't weigh again for a few weeks.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:38 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

Good morning, All!!
Flower - great loss!! As I was reading your post, you mention the ad you saw was a potato. Kept reading everyone elses posts, but can't get that potato out of my head. UGH! Maybe it's the twice baked potato I saw being made on the food network yesterday. Now I am craving a potato. Not picky...baked, twice baked, mashed, French fried...UGH PMS week over here...
Yeah Candidcamster!!! Welcome - I follow your weightloss journey on your page. I will say it again - you are so inspirational!! So happy to have you here!
Diana - What a quick trip you had. How nice to live so close to Myrtle Beach!
Beloved - No, not Oregon Country...I'm in Washington State. You were close Born and raised here - then moved to Kansas briefly for work. Came back "home" a few years later. Love it here!
Decent weekened over here, eating wise. However, the boys were outside yesterday and my DH and daughter were napping...and I had a craving. The kids are selling Worlds Finest Chocolate bars. I did good the whole first box - not even tempted. Yesterday, the caramel one just kept calling my name. I caved
Got up and got on treadmill this morning when DH left for work at 4:30, only to have my daughter wake up 18 minutes later. Got a mini workout in, but 12 minutes to go before attaining my daily goal. Might just do my kettlebell while I watch the news.
Not much going on today...I have a dr appt/lab draw this afternoon. That's about it.
Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Sassypants75; 05-02-2016 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:38 PM   #29  

Height: 5'9"

Hi Gang!

Will write more later... But... Have you ever done a recipe a second time... and it was a DISASTER?? Tried to make Bean Burgers. Last time I just mixed and made patties by hand. It turned out OK. This time I put the ingredients in a blender. Like the book says. Like the book says!Well guess what I have a Vitamix!! It eviscerated the bean patties into SOUP!! *headdesk*

*breathe* *breathe*

OK, ate Normally this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed Nachos and a Cookie or two. And a soda!

Now back to No S Days!!

Breakfast: Strawberry Yogurt
Lunch: Steak Sandwich
Dinner: Will have Bean Soup or probably regular Hamburgers
A couple Coffees with Cream

Oy.

Last edited by Inkrid; 05-02-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:44 PM   #30  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Good Monday!!

Hey Sassy – glad you’re back for another month. Week # 8 huh? So great to hear that you and the treadmill are now friends. I hope the stationary bike doesn’t get jealous!! GREAT JOB!!

Diana: great low calorie day yesterday!

Tuscany: Wow – your stats give substance to exercising – 1083 deficit. At that rate the scale HAS TO go down – it’s basic math; it’s logic! Great job! 50 – 100 hours a week – I stand amazed. It’s a wonder you don’t just crash n burn once you get home.

you little cheerleader you – Candidcamster! You have just jumped on the encouragement compassion train! Sometimes it goes faster than a speeding bullet! ENJOY ….

Flower: Great job being down yesterday morning – the rest, well… here’s something I read on FB that might help you be sedated, and it can be room temperature too – (LOL)!
I’ve got salad for dinner.
Actually fruit salad.
Well, mostly grapes.
Oka all grapes.
WINE.
I’ve got wine for dinner.

ZCA72: There’s an idea --- ribeye on a stick! YUM YUM! Let’s crank up the grill and sell em on the corner I have to plan for ribeye this week! Who’s with me?? It’s nice to have “nothing dramatic” days. How was your visit with your mom?

Diana: as you know, because you’ve been doing this for a while (a little over 6 years from your join date) … quickies are okay here! I hope your month end duties go smoothly. Are you still having a flare up? Did you start the Vitamin C regimen? Great being down .4!!

Treasa: hey there!! So glad to hear that you didn’t gain wait – what with the extra stress and hours! GREAT JOB! And, awesome that you are jumping on the clean eating wagon and exercise wagon! You’re a two wagon type of girl!

Sassy: potato insanity! Will Mr Potatohead fill the crave?? Washington sounds like a beautiful area. Isn’t it amazing how USA has so many different topographies … we are very fortunate! I hope the dr appt/lab is just routine! Remember--- choc/carmel == food (just kidding). Great comeback using the treadmill.

Inkrid: Yikes! Definitely “S” diet!! Strawberries, Steak, Soup!! I hope the soup?? Was tasty! You could pretend you’re a gourmet chef, they’re always making blended stuff to spoon onto the plate (like in chopped).

Okay everyone – enjoy the day!
I’m doing well – I received my Pampered Chef order and used the citrus squeezer with limes, and the garlic press & veggie stripper for lunch. My lunch was under 100 calories and it was Gerrrr-ate!!

to all!

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 05-02-2016 at 05:48 PM.
Closed Thread