Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 07:07 AM   #46  
deleted2

I think this time around I'm going to add a little extra movement--a few more reps with the weights, another 1/2 mile when I walk, that kind of thing. Gotta keep the body guessing! I don't think that I can cut calories anymore---keeping it around 1500.

Everyone's doing so well. Even when there's a slip there's the attitude of getting right back to it--I love that!

My big news this morning is it looks like I'm down 5 pounds from where I started 3 1/2 weeks ago, according to the fickle scales. That means I'm at 146 pounds. That's how things go for me; there'll be no loss at all and then a drop. So this AM I'm happy and hopeful and I also know this is a really dangerous time for me. It's my old fear of success that keeps me 10 pounds from my goal weight every time. I'm really, really going to have to pay attention here and keep going with the rules I've set for myself.
We're going to be having a weekend house guest and I've got to be strong for that, because I'm planning on having 'feast foods', granted it'll be lo-fat versions but I have to stick to me practice of weighing and measuring and counting calories and not overeating.
Onward with the day! I'm starting with Pilates, then a step video. What's everyone's plan today?

Old 08-21-2003, 09:47 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Congratulations to everyone for all the hard work they are doing! I got on the scale this morning..down a pound from last week! Yay Me...celbrated with a wonderful ride thru the orchards at 7am this morning. My horse was feeling fine and so was I! The plums and peaches are so ripe they're dropping off the trees! It smells amazing riding through the orchards. Not as nice as when I was riding thru the strawberry fields in June and July...I can't wait for the all the grapes in the vinyards to start to ripen...I love riding through the vinyards then....

Well, I'm off to go drink lotsa water! And I now remember that my 21 days ends on the 29th of this month! Right before Labor day! So then i'll start my second block on the 1st of Sept. since I'm going to a big horseshow and expect to eat lotsa BBQ stuff and chili at the chili cook off!

Enjoy the warm weather ladies!
Old 08-21-2003, 10:18 AM   #48  
Empress/Queen

Default Day Five, no jive!!!

Woo-hoo and hooray, Eydie's down five s today!!! Great job, Eydie!

Ok, dokey, I'm on the edit page and now I can't see the posts, so I'm gonna just do a blanket HOORAY!!! and for everyone ... Hotsplashes, I saw your post before I clicked "edit" and I KNOW it has good news in it, so I'm going back and look at that ... I'll be back!!!! Ok, back, and guess WHAT? HOTSPLASHES IS DOWN A ... that's one Silly Ol' Dancing that HS has released into the stratosphere, where it will have a good life but never return!!! It is accompanied by Eydie's lost s as they must have departed around the same time. Don't worry, anybody, these cute lil s are fine, they just went for a ride into outer space on the Good Spaceship 21-Dayer!!!

Back again, RB, I love your new avatar!!! I'm trying the too! Hmmm. Bye!

Ok, beam me up, Scotty!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-21-2003 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:35 AM   #49  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Here at day 2. I am monster tired today and not terribly motivated to me at work.

Wow, congrats to everyone who lost weight. I do not know if I did or not becuase my boyfriend stold the scale to weigh some stuff for shipping ups. I am not supposed to weigh till Saturday anyway.

at any rate, must dash....
Old 08-21-2003, 11:13 AM   #50  
Gonna be strong and fit!

Exclamation Day 2 and 3

Hello there!!
Didn't make it on last night. Day 2 went great, no fast food. Hubby made this ham and navy bean soup, so proud of him! This is a challenge that includes the whole family. Hubby is happy about it but DD is not, of course she is 12 and used to eating that crap. NOT anymore I have also decided to add, "No regular soda and diet only 1 per week" to my challenge. I have gone with no soda before but then I start up again. I really don't miss it once I stop, it is more of a convience.

So today is Day 3!! I am feeling really good. I haven't plan my food for today yet but I will. Amarantha, you can give me advice anytime I actually was mad at myself that day for not planning better. I do plan to get some "on the go" type foods to help me. I used to that when my daughter was little, just got out of the habit.

Thanks everyone for your support, you are a great group

sending to everyone for their efforts
Old 08-21-2003, 11:34 AM   #51  
Spreadin' the luv.

Quickly, quickly.

My dears, way to go for all of you! I'm so proud of your efforts. Day 5 is off to a wonderful start - I didn't eat breakfast and had to walk the .8 miles to work FAST, but got there and someone had brought Krispy Kremes.

Amarantha, I haven't had one of those in like 5 years! I had one and it was sublime. I'm NEVER eating any other donut, ever. I enjoyed it so much...that was breakfast, and I'm ready to make this one of redballoon's 100% days!

Today I'm going to cut in half every portion of food I've put in front of myself to eat, and see if my stomach approves the idea. Retraining can be done!

I'll check in tonight and write a long post about how wonderful you all are...
Old 08-21-2003, 05:27 PM   #52  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Morning all! I've up and about ready to leave for the gym. Just wanted to congratulate you all on your efforts. Keep it up! We are doing this! We are strong and this collective strength is going to carry us through to our goals.
Amarantha, I love the little disappearing puffs of fat going off into the universe idea. Yes, love 'em and kiss them GOODBYE!

Will check in later. I want to hear good reports!
Old 08-21-2003, 05:57 PM   #53  

Angry 21 day challenge

Hi! I was just looking at this thread and it looks like it is challenging and fun to do, would anyone mind if I joined in? I am up for the 21 day challenge starting tomorrow. I have been doing cardio for 2 weeks about 3-4 days a week and have really wanted to do it at 6 days a week so I think this will give me some motivation to give everyone an update on the weight loss or gain.
Thank you
Dutchy
Old 08-21-2003, 06:48 PM   #54  
Empress/Queen

Dutchy!!! You are very welcome to join in!!! We need more 21-day karma going on here because that way we can release more innocent floating s (aka pounds) into the stratosphere where they can float around among their fellows peacefully and leave all of us alone! Looking forward to following your challenge!!!!

RB: Yes, those little s are kinda sweet, so long's they aren't on our ...

Hmmm!

Cerise: Please tell me you didn't taste a Krispy Kreme ... you are DOOMED!!! Not really, after a week of not having them, I'm totally indifferent. The actual KK place is miles and miles from here, but they were selling them individually and fresh and hot at a local grocery. Now they've stopped doing that and are only selling them by the box, trucked in from the KK place ... ughhhh ... defeats the whole purpose of the fresh, hot, wonderful ambrosia that is a fresh Krispy Kreme ... of course, boxes of them are good when on deadline and someone who wants to bribe the troops brings in a fresh hot box and everyone has two and it's snowing outside and .... oops, I just sequed to the midwest. Forget the KK, Cerise, don't go there again. They are EVIL!!!! :donut:

BoBeena, I love it that you're making dd and dh a part of your challenge. It's so great (speaks a nonparent) that you're getting your 12-year-old out of the habit of eating junk ... I wish someone had done that for me about a million years ago ... honestly, kids are eating worse and worse stuff and it's the adults whom they are emulating! Sorry, off the soapbox!

Zadie for being on Day 2! Wish I had a bf who would steal Demon Scale!

to all for their great work!!! I'll be back with my Day 5, No Jive report! I shall embrace brevity then, if not right now!
Old 08-21-2003, 10:34 PM   #55  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

My Sprint To September 6 21-Day Challenge, Day Five Report:

1) 1700 calories or less?
Yes, 1640!

2) At least one exercise session per day? Yes. Walking in gym parking lot, 10 minutes; jogwalk on treadmill, 60 minutes; ab circuit: ab machine, oblique punches (I don’t know what these are called), back machine, sets of 12 repeated 3 times, very fast.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-21-2003 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:13 PM   #56  
Spreadin' the luv.

Lightbulb Day 5

21 Day goals:

1. Eat ONLY when hungry, ONLY until satisfied, try to make good food choices.

2. Alternating days do either crunches or lower back exercises every day.

I REALLY listened to my body today and ate a lot less than I had packed for myself for lunch. It's a good feeling, isn't it, when your body sometimes goes along with your big plans?

Really worked my abs tonight, too. So far I haven't felt sore (always a good indicator of progress, I feel), the day after, so I really gave 'em the old one-two tonight. Amarantha, if you're not sore from a workout (especially as a beginner), does that mean you're not working the muscle group hard enough?

Amarantha, you exercise a h*ll of a lot - I hope that when I'm in your place - having lost a lot of weight and exercise the whole way - that I'll be working out that much, too. And, yes, Krispy Kremes are my new reason for living. Just kidding, but I really enjoyed the one I had. But there's no KK place nearby, so I'm safe. If they park one in the lobby of my apt. building I'm in big trouble.

Welcome, Dutchy! Man, exercising 6 days a week is big, especially for me, since I've only recently begun pursuing fitness. Still, we really are supposed to work up that level. I look forward to that day. I'm anxiously awaiting your Kick-Off day tomorrow!

Bo-BEENA!!! Hey, woman! Don't you feel so much better eating good, home-cooked food every day? to your hubbie for that nummy-sounding soup!

ZadieK, I've got my eyes peeled for you. Hang in there, honey. You sound tired and a wee bit blue. Dig your fingernails in and think of how proud we are of you!

Hotsplashes, congratu-diddly-doody-lations on the pound loss. Um, don't say any more about riding on your HORSE through ORCHARDS any more, OK? 'Cause I'll kill ya. Just kidding. Lucky lady!

Eydie? Eyyyydie! I can't see her! She's gotten so thin that I can't even SEE HER!!!! I'm SO rejoicing with you on the pounds lost. See them floating up there?

Apple Blossom, turn your back on the flaming wreckage and push on. Two steps forward, one step back, that's my way for sure. You're still moving ahead and I'm dead chuffed with how well you're doing!

Redballoon, your challenge sounds, uh, challenging. But totally do-able! Let us know how it's going, Madam. You're a lovely lady.

OK, sorry for the collossal post. It's only 8 pm here, so Day 5 is not Officially Over, yet, but I'm sure nothing can go wrong in two hours. Can it?

Love to you all...
Old 08-22-2003, 08:35 AM   #57  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Just reporting in a successful end to Day 10.
Dutchy, yes, hop on and welcome aboard! What sort of cardio are you doing?

Amarantha, congrats on Day 5!! What in the world are these evil Krispy Kremes? Maybe I shouldn't ask?!

Cerise, kudos to you and your exquisite control! I take it you made it through Day 5 successfully, yes? And I love colossal posts. Write on!

Good night!

Old 08-22-2003, 08:55 AM   #58  
deleted2

Welcome, Dutchy! This is a great place for daily motivation.

Speaking of that, I have a little ritual I do every morning. I pour myself a big glass of water and as I drink it I dedicate myself to healthy habits that day. It's a lovely way to start my day and sets the tone. And toasting oneself is a good habit!

Going into Day 4! Am feeling nervous about our guest, a beloved old friend, but still there's a bit of stress involved. I have to continue to pay attention. I sense the presence of the gnarly, twisted self-sabotage demons. Away, foul fiends!

Old 08-22-2003, 08:59 AM   #59  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Yo! I'm at Day 6 and won't nix (it)!

to all who made it through another square on the 21-day game board!!!! And if anyone needs to restart, well, that's what makes the game a game!!! Right???!!! You bet!!!! WE ARE ALL WINNERS!!! Wowza!!! Yowza!!!

RB: That's right, you DON'T wanna know about KK's ... hope for your sake they never open up a chain in Japan!!! on Day 10!!!

Cerise, I've always had to exercise a lot to lose weight! When I lost the original 100, I was doing two formal sessions a day, plus lots of "lifestyle" behaviors like parking the car a distance from the stores, etc. Since I joined the gym and got the personal trainer, I'm really shaping up, but close to burnout, which is why I made it a part of my challenge this time. But IMO, you should not feel sore after every workout ... as you know, the soreness after weights is because the muscle has to microscopically tear and repair itself to grow and that takes time ... so you need to allow rest between workouts until any soreness abates or just do a different activity ... today I decided to go to the tai chi class later and not run or lift or anything. It's my unscientific belief that it is all good and aids in the cause! But I personally don't think you need to feel sore after every weight workout or if you are not it indicates you aren't lifting heavy enough. And, there's sore and there's pain ... if you feel real pain that doesn't feel like muscle pain or feels like something's wrong, you should stop all exercise and get it looked at. PLUS (then I'll shut up), I do not intend to live my entire life in pain from exercise ... for me, exercise is the way OUT of pain ... so I personally am gonna take it a bit easy and build SLOWLY!

Ok, I really will shut up now!!! Bye, guys!!

P.S. Eydie, I posted at the same time as you, on your progress and you are great to scare away that guest stress !!! Maybe your guest would like to exercise with you and hear all about your healthy lifestyle!!! Then it would turn into an occasion for fun and fitness rather than a stress thing that might undermine your efforts.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-22-2003 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:16 PM   #60  
caffeine free!

Hi all,
Well, I am back at day one again. I went over by 147 calories. Actually I do not feel too bad about it considering all of the stress I am under right now. And today is off to a good start (oatmeal). I am just having some work problems which are leading to some depression issues which are leading to some poor eating choices.

Today will be a good day. It is beautiful out. Work will be low key. Maybe I will even go to the fair tonight. Hmmm.

At any rate, congrats to everyone for doing so darn well. It helps to be in such awsome company.
Closed Thread