Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-11-2015, 07:52 AM   #151  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

No yoga or stretch for last night
This Morning: Oxycise Level 1 Workout

I had a slight gain from the larger dinner last night, but it wasn't bad. I consider it a success. When did a gain become a success? When it's not a 2+ pound gain overnight. I was able to enjoy the nicer meal in moderation and the same thing for the crablegs dinner. It seems like I am always a work in progress. But I'm still working at it, so that's good.

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 174.2
Up: .4

Have a great start to your week!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'3"

I did NOT stick to my plan this weekend. Mexican food Friday night, red wine with friends, chicken strips and fries Saturday, and DD13 made me almond cookies yesterday. My daughters gave me a ninja blender and veggetti pro for Mother's Day, so I had fun playing with those. I also did not get a chance to walk at all - we had storms all through the weekend, and even had to spend a half hour in the laundry room Sunday while a tornado headed toward us. Fortunately, it turned and missed us by 2 or 3 miles. I should have done a workout DVD, but took the rainy weather and Mother's Day as an excuse not to do much. FINALLY today some sunshine and lower humidity, although we have more rain forecast through the week.

This week's plan is to just get back on plan. It's amazing how much water weight can pack on with just a few days of bending the rules.

May 1 start - 245
W-back up to 244.6 from the weekend. It'll drop back again quickly! :-)
B- coffee with coconut oil and cashew milk; ham
L- pot roast, sauteed cabbage
D- hubby is making something with carne picada
S- banana, almonds
E- 40 minute walk at lunch and another 20 or 30 this evening
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:51 AM   #153  
Do More than Survive

S/C/G: 285-Heaviest/199/175

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Managed to stay pretty focused and low carb over the weekend. I had a few small "treats" but overall am pleased with my numbers today. I had a late mother's day dinner last night (my daughter didn't get off work until 8:15 so we didn't eat until about 9). I ate a few of her cheesy fries but my dinner was mostly protein - Salad, Steak and Lobster tails (The Outback was having a Mother's Day Special - and because my daughter works there she gets a discount). It was delicious and a major treat.

01~ 228.6
02~ No W/I
03~ No W/I
04~ No W/I
05~ 229.6
06~ 229
07~ 229
08~ 228
09~ 225.8
10~ 223.2
11~ 224.8
MadeToThrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:53 AM   #154  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 0.6lbs today to 174.8lbs.

I have decided to redouble my efforts again to get the losses going. I've stalled out. I guess my body is adapting as I make the cuts. I need to find new ones.

Gone are the days where I could make a change and ride it for 20 or 40lbs. It seems I get 5 at most now.

Anyway, breakfast was sardines, smoked mackeral and baby squid.

Lunch will be salad and smoked oysters.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes weight training before work and will run 4 miles before lunch.

Last edited by IanG; 05-11-2015 at 10:55 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #155  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

it was a really nice Mother's Day yesterday my boys (which includes DH and the dog lol) got me cards and flowers....I went on a beautiful 10-mile bike ride all the way from my house to downtown and then the boys all met me downtown and we walked around in the sun and had ice cream....I got some chores done around the house and then took my younger son and his friend to play tennis, something I haven't done in ages...i LOVE(!!) tennis and it will be nice to get back on the courts....we played until it started raining and then went home and DH grilled a beautiful pork loin for dinner

I've been doing alot of hiking around lately, mostly on my own with my dog but somewhat with friends also...I like being in shape enough to get out for longer ones and not end up super sore later....these are pics of two of my favorite places to hike around here - one that climbs up the mountain to overlook the glacier lake and one that follows an old mining road back into the mountains

west glacier pic.jpg
perseverance trail.jpg
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:32 PM   #156  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Mornin'

Woke up early and made banana cinnamon waffles for the kids and I need to take my little dog to the vet to get checked out. I'm so worried his time with us is growing short. His hips seem to be bothering him and he has trouble getting up stairs. He is very thin and when I picked him up to help him up the stairs I heard some creaky pops around the shoulders. On the plus side, he eats well and doesn't have any pottying issues. He still follows me around everywhere.

W 153.2 (up one after my dinner out)
B egg on toast, decaf w milk
L chicken noodle soup
D green pancakes
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Morning all! *Waves*

I've been lurking but not posting. Don't remember if I said, but I ran a 10K about a week ago and finished in 1:12 and change!

Aaaaand then my motivation has bonked a little bit. Finished my BSN stuff, officially worked my last shift on my old unit, and preparing to start in the ED this week. I'm super excited, but I need to get back on the horse. I haven't gained really, (still in that flux zone of within 4-5 pounds of my ticker currently) but I can tell I need to get back on it.

Certainly doesn't help that I've had chest pressure/palpitations the last couple days... I was planning to hit the treadmill and get some weights in, but just going out to run errands kicked me in the arse. Fortunately seem to be doing better today, so here's hoping! Chest pain blows monkey balls, y'all. No other way to say it. Blech.

I'm going to have to print out a calendar and plug workouts in. Seems to be the only way I can keep myself going with it.

Hope to catch everyone soon! I promise I've been here, sending good vibes as I read... just haven't had time to post.
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:21 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

The scale was kind to me today with a 3 pound loss!! :
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:34 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'3"

Nice job, Larry!

Coolmom, so sorry about your dog. Our dogs are 12 and 11 and both starting to have trouble getting around.

I just had to pop back in and report on my walk! I walked 3.2 miles in a little over an hour! That's a new record for me for time and distance. It's 65 and sunny today, so I just kept on walkin'!
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #160  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

CoolMom, the dog I am looking after has arthritis. She eats a sardine every day with her dinner - thankfully I am well stocked - and it has made a dramatic improvement to her joints (no more stiffness or limping). She also takes a daily glucosamine supplement.

Just like I do strangely enough...

Last edited by IanG; 05-11-2015 at 01:55 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #161  
Warrior Princess

Ian, so cool to win a medal! I can only dream of that accomplishment. What was your time on the 5k? I won't tell you how long it takes me.

Larry, Welcome back and good job on the loss!

CoolMom, Sorry about your dog's arthritis. This is lame but I have an 11 year old African Cichlid (fish) that's surely on his way out as we speak. I actually got attached to a fish. :/

Mother's Day was uneventful. Went to work and made no money, came home and my Son is sick. Thankfully it's just a cold and no fever so he was able to go to school today. There's only a few weeks left in this last quarter, he's already a bit behind so he can't afford to miss ANY days or his grades will plummet. Thank god it's not the flu. Whew!

So far with exception of Friday night I have been eating strictly home cooked meals for 2 weeks and that seems to be working out well....plus more money in my pocket. Much less sodium bloat so I feel thinner. Next is ramping up my exercise again and we'll see if I get a loss but I think I will.

I forgot to log food yesterday because I was too wrapped up worrying about my Son possibly missing school but I ate fine. I did have 2 glasses of wine though.

Last edited by novangel; 05-11-2015 at 02:09 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #162  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Ian It is funny going back to read old posts. I also think about those people who haven't been on here in a while. I'm glad the running has been a positive experience for you. Good luck tweaking your plan.

Larry Congrats on the 3 pounds!

CoolMom How did it go at the Vet today? Our last dog, a lab, had to take glucosamine. It actually made a huge difference for him. If he wasn't on it for a couple of days, he literally couldn't walk. It made that much of a difference for him.

Magistra I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

Rachel Today is a new day. You will drop that water weight in no time. Good job on the walk!

Kris Sounds like you had a wonderful dinner!

Alaskanlaughter Sounds like you had a great day too.

Eydawn It's good to see you.

Novangel
I hope your DS is feeling better today. I know you worry about him.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 05-11-2015, 08:49 PM   #163  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1485 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Chipotle bowl/salad w/double chicken, black beans, onions, peppers, cheese, lettuce & BHF salad dressing 700 calories

Exercise:
45 Minute Premix from Cardio Mix & Melt w/#6 medicine ball
Old 05-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #164  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all, I'm here, just got caught up on about 4 or 5 pages!

Had a nice weekend, we got lots done and were fortunate to spend time with both our moms.

It's been unseasonably warm, so everything's greening up, got my garden turned over, might pick up a couple plants this weekend, need to get the fence back up before then or it'll get eaten before I ever see it

Back on track today, not terrible this weekend, only up 2 lbs. not getting my water in everyday tho, so need to work on that.

Hope everyone who celebrated had a good Mother's Day.

Ian that wasn't me who asked about the imitation crab, my dad always said it was actually pollock, I see sugar on the ingredients and don't buy it too often anymore, I have eaten my fair share of it tho! on the race, live your pic, do you know how great you look?!

Alaskan love your pics, what beautiful areas where you live, we went to Alaska on our honeymoon, put about 2K miles in the rental, we were all over, saw so much, DH even got in a little fly fidshing, it was great, can't wait to go back!

Coolmom sorry to hear about the hand, my carpal tunnel is acting up, when I got a real massage (not the chair massage ) it didn't bother me for a long time, she told me it was coming from my shoulder area, maybe a good back rub would help, or even the hot tub might release it, good luck.

Diana glad to hear the menopause formula helped with the night sweats, I was going to say maybe it was all the tapioca variations in the GF bread, I need to find a way to retire, too...only 4 years til I'm eligible, only, it seems so long some days

Best to all sorry I didn't get to everybody

Faerie wanted to give you a hug

Last edited by kelijpa; 05-11-2015 at 09:19 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:35 PM   #165  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Thank you all for the dog comments and info. The vet didn't say anything about glucosamine! He does have a bit of kidney failure and a bad heart murmur. He got a new heart pill and a pain med. I wonder if the kidney thing would pose a problem with the glucosamine. He could certainly have a sardine.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote