Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-02-2015, 08:50 AM   #16  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I'm not sure if they sell banana puree. The yogurt comes blended with the banana already. They probably do have baby food banana though. No idea.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #17  

and I think that it goog menu
litirenko1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #18  

Its hard to say because everyone has their own idea of healthy...there's no bags of chips or sleeves of oreos, so nothing that can be absolutely labeled unhealthy.

If you are going for maximum nutrition, can I suggest, to replace the roll with quinoa. I will usually sub out bread and put the middle stuff on quinoa and eat it the way. Actually a chicken burger and veggies would go nicely on quinoa, just cut up and eat with a fork. This may not taste good with say lunch meat, but burgers, yes.

I second going for plain greek yogurt. I eat Fage plain 2% and add fresh fruit or home made granola, very good!

It depends on what works for you, but if you maximize your proteins and fat you will stay full longer.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #19  
Aloha nui loa

I don't have any trouble staying full 99% of the time. I have zero interest in plain greek yogurt. It's very gross to me, I like the Oikos banana, it's great. I don't follow the "bread is evil" school of thought, and for me, I like a burger as a burger which means a bun for me. I'm not trying for some sort of text book "perfect" diet, just a good one. If I pick and pick and make everything unpleasant and plain and gross and unappetizing it's just going to result in a failed diet. I know that from past experience. It has to be sustainable, or I'll quit and I don't want that.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
I don't have any trouble staying full 99% of the time. I have zero interest in plain greek yogurt. It's very gross to me, I like the Oikos banana, it's great. I don't follow the "bread is evil" school of thought, and for me, I like a burger as a burger which means a bun for me. I'm not trying for some sort of text book "perfect" diet, just a good one. If I pick and pick and make everything unpleasant and plain and gross and unappetizing it's just going to result in a failed diet. I know that from past experience. It has to be sustainable, or I'll quit and I don't want that.
That's definitely true. The "eat this not that" movement makes people like me extremely anxious. Because there's always something better I could be or should be eating. Don't eat pasta, eat whole wheat pasta! No don't eat whole wheat pasta, eat gluten free pasta! No don't eat gluten free pasta eat garbanzo pasta! It all gets a little ridiculous after a while and we can never attain perfection.

For example, I only ate salads when I was dieting. I never ever liked salads, I always associated salads with dieting and being miserable and being "good." I would fill them with stuff that was good for me and use as little dressing as possible, just olive oil and vinegar. Gosh I hated those salads. When I started eating foods that I like in IE I revisited the whole salad idea. You know what I like in my salads? I like ranch dressing or honey mustard. And not the healthy make it yourself stuff, the stuff right out of the jar. Which I never EVER allowed myself to eat because that stuff is bad for you! So I allowed myself to eat it with the dressing - I found good stuff in a bottle that's got a decent list of ingredients and dress my salads this way now. I went from only occassionally eating a self-righteous salad once in a while when I was on a diet, to eating buckets of salad weekly. I just love salads now! And I feel so amazing eating that many leafy greens on a daily basis, I'm an addict. And I deprived myself the joy of salads for so long because I was scared of a table spoon of honey mustard?

Same thing with yogurt. I was eating the 0% yogurt dutifully and miserably. Boy did I hate it. As soon as I let myself switch to the 2% life seemed so much better instantly. I top it with fruit or honey and flax and chia seeds and it's awesome I love it so much!

We don't have to martyr ourselves. As long as we're getting the good stuff in we have nothing to feel guilty about.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
I didn't say it was evil, so don't put dieting fads you've come across in my mouth. I said if you want to maximize nutrition. Quinoa is more nutritious than bread. Its a great source of protein, and unless you are buying awesome fresh bakery bread, you are likely buying store bought bread that is processed and full of extra crap you don't really need in bread. Why put up your menu and ask for opinions if you are going to react that way? Eat whatever you want. As long as you are eating less than you are burning, you'll lose weight. If your goal is to get skinny, then that's all you need. My goal is to be healthy and maximize nutrition when I can. I still eat bread, but I will use quinoa when it fits the meal.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 04-05-2015 at 11:39 AM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #22  
Aloha nui loa

"React that way"? You mean simply responding with additional information? I think that is the way one is expect to react on conversational forum, by responding to posts.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:21 AM   #23  
Aloha nui loa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
That's definitely true. The "eat this not that" movement makes people like me extremely anxious. Because there's always something better I could be or should be eating. Don't eat pasta, eat whole wheat pasta! No don't eat whole wheat pasta, eat gluten free pasta! No don't eat gluten free pasta eat garbanzo pasta! It all gets a little ridiculous after a while and we can never attain perfection.

For example, I only ate salads when I was dieting. I never ever liked salads, I always associated salads with dieting and being miserable and being "good." I would fill them with stuff that was good for me and use as little dressing as possible, just olive oil and vinegar. Gosh I hated those salads. When I started eating foods that I like in IE I revisited the whole salad idea. You know what I like in my salads? I like ranch dressing or honey mustard. And not the healthy make it yourself stuff, the stuff right out of the jar. Which I never EVER allowed myself to eat because that stuff is bad for you! So I allowed myself to eat it with the dressing - I found good stuff in a bottle that's got a decent list of ingredients and dress my salads this way now. I went from only occassionally eating a self-righteous salad once in a while when I was on a diet, to eating buckets of salad weekly. I just love salads now! And I feel so amazing eating that many leafy greens on a daily basis, I'm an addict. And I deprived myself the joy of salads for so long because I was scared of a table spoon of honey mustard?

Same thing with yogurt. I was eating the 0% yogurt dutifully and miserably. Boy did I hate it. As soon as I let myself switch to the 2% life seemed so much better instantly. I top it with fruit or honey and flax and chia seeds and it's awesome I love it so much!

We don't have to martyr ourselves. As long as we're getting the good stuff in we have nothing to feel guilty about.
Yes, I think that is why dieting fails so often. Too rigid. I eat well, and "mostly" clean. But I'm not going to obsess about every single thing I eat because that just leads to problems. I'm sure there are things I could do to eat even better, but I don't want my life to be about the food or the diet. I just want to lose some weight and still be able to behave "semi-normally" around food. I still struggle with assessing quantity though. Sometimes I end up with too little, other times it's probably a wee bit too much.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:53 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

When it comes to assessing quantity of food have you tried mindful eating? Eating slowly and mindfully without distraction has been the most helpful thing in helping me address portion control.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #25  
Aloha nui loa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
When it comes to assessing quantity of food have you tried mindful eating? Eating slowly and mindfully without distraction has been the most helpful thing in helping me address portion control.
Yes I have tried, but I think I get to hung up and over analyze it, which is why I find sometimes I am woefully under eating, and others over doing it. It's probably just a "going to take time" thing.