Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 11:49 AM   #16  

Missy: YOU GET A: for points. I didn't see the episode last night but have seen it before. The good looking doctor can be a big schmuck! Have you seen the new Tom Berrenger show, Peacemaker? It is really pretty good. It is on tonight.

Debbie: YOU GET A: for points too. I know it is an evil necessity for you, but I refuse to take hrt because I am just too afraid of the possible side effects. They have not proven to me to be totally safe. I am trying the natural routine for menopause and see if it works.

Carri: I would go to the supervisor if you trust her confidence so as not to hurt the friend's feelings. Explain to the supervisor that it is really overpowering and could she possibly talk to the young woman about toning it down because of clients possible allergies or whatever. Maybe she could do it that way before it has to really come to a roaring halt in an unglier way. You do not have to sit and put up with that. When I went and got my nails done last week a woman (one of those society types who thinks she is better than everyone) sashayed past the young man doing my nails and I and she had a perfume on that has patchouli in it. First off, I think anything with patchouli STINKS to high heaven (my husband calls it the Grateful Dead hippy smell) and secondly this lady had BATHED in it because it choked my nail tech! He started coughing when she walked by and I leaned over and said, "It's awful isn't it?" He just smiled and kind of rolled his eyes. A lot of work places won't even let you wear perfume etc because of that reason. Smelling nice is one thing, gagging other people is another!

This is not getting the upstairs done so I am going to go.

TTFN
Faye
Old 08-06-2003, 11:51 AM   #17  
It is what it is...

Thanks Faye - yeah I am going to go to my supervisor - she can be trusted, and I am at my ropes end.....ugghhhhh

Carri
Old 08-06-2003, 06:13 PM   #18  

BELEDIGIRL: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Hope you had a great one!

Faye
Old 08-06-2003, 06:46 PM   #19  

Hello All!!!

Well I have had a pretty good day. Been OP for the last 2 days which is always a plus. I had a pretty good day at work, got 2 major headaches off of my plate, and I om off for the next 4 days. What could be better?? Now if I could just get the bf to quit being a baby life would be perfect. But, I am not going to let him ruin my mood...no way not today

Happy Birthday to Beledigirl!!! Hope it was excelent!!!!!

Congrats on everyone being mostly on plan for the week.

Sorry no incidual replys but I will really try to carch up tomorrow.

Sarah
Old 08-06-2003, 07:17 PM   #20  

Sarah darlin' ALL MEN ARE BABIES! Believe me, yours is no different from anyone else. He may just whine differently! I absolutely adore my spouse and since we have been together such a long time we have learned to put up with each others "habits" shall we say, but mothers need to be kicked in the butts for turning out men the way they do, me included! In fact, my ds is almost 30 and I still call him my baby (even though he rolls his eyes at that one, but never says a word!). We are the ones that make them that way and I have to say from my own experience, that I have allowed the "babiness" of my husband to continue. Sometimes it is just plain easier. I suppose my dh is less of one than most, he is attentive, helpful, generous etc, but underneath it all is one big old waawaa Baby Huey! Good luck with him!

Faye
Old 08-07-2003, 12:31 AM   #21  

Evening Chicklets

crazy busy at work tonight!! worked my fingers to the bone, all that I am so I will just say, I will ck in tomorrow am

weigh in tomorrow afternoon when I go for appt with my dietican at 3p, I will let you know, expecting a good report

take care gals!!
Old 08-07-2003, 06:43 AM   #22  

THURSDAY: Today is time for us Thursday. Please make time in your day today for yourself.

I GOT A: for points yesterday! Yahoo!

Everyone is still asleep I guess so I will check back in and post smileys later in the morning.

Have a great day ladies !

Faye
Old 08-07-2003, 07:16 AM   #23  

Good Morning Girls,

It's eaaaaaarly, but Faye has beat us all to it again!!! good day Faye! pts for yesterday" 1pt for water, 1 pt for exercise and 2pts for program.

bella...good to see you posting again, how have you been? great job on the 2 on program days, each day that you just makes you more equipped to do it again the next day!! stay

beledigirl are you still partying??? Hope it was great!!

Honeyrose, I hear you about those hormones running amuck girl.....like Faye I choose not to do the hormone replacement therapy, but sometimes I am ready to go and get it all yanked out!!! dont need it anyway!! passed the child bearing years, I feel that wasnt meant to be for me anyway, may adopt one day, dont know....so who needs a uterus!!!! I say good riddance!!
(for me anyway), , hope you feel better soon.

Missy hope the blahs go away soon...take care of yourself.

Check in with you girls later....off to post on my other thread...see ya!
Old 08-07-2003, 07:57 AM   #24  

Thank you for the Birthday wishes!!!!

My birthday was nice. I got some money so plan to get a couple new exercise videos or a new printer since I broke mine pulling a jam out of it.

What was really funny is that I had no desire to overeat yesterday. I stuck to my eating plan and had a small piece of cake and a glass of coke and that was it. After not drinking coke for weeks, it seemed too sweet and sickening to me now.

I hope everyone is having a great week! With this new job, it has been hard to find the time to post very much.

Take care everyone!

Beledi
Old 08-07-2003, 08:40 AM   #25  

FINALLY! I finally had a 4 point day!!! Had to pay my daughter a dollar to find my water bottle. But she did it, I couldn't find that stupid thing anywhere. Then I procrastinated exercising until 4pm.....and then I couldn't get to sleep. Serves me right

Well, since it's Thursday already, I guess I have to get serious about the exercise everyday if I'm going to make Faye's mission this week. I have friends coming from Canada tomorrow......I always feel weird exercising when I have company, what's up with that?.

I had a happy thought in the shower this morning...........when I reach my goal weight, it'll probably take me half the time to shave my legs!!

My wrist is feeling better.....but I'm gonna save the weights till next week, just to be sure I don't reinjure it. Besides, I just started a new Pilates dvd, and I really like it (must be the dancer in me )

Stay strong, everyone!
Julie
Old 08-07-2003, 08:41 AM   #26  

Pam: YOU GET A: again for points yesterday. I am sure your doctor is going to be thrilled to pieces!

Bele: I am so glad you had a great birthday. I gave up soft drinks forever in January. Tested myself in April and found them to be too much for me to try and control so stayed away. I used to drink 6-12 of them a DAY! I always HATED diet and so would not drink them either, but have found that now that I am no longer drinking the high cal stuff I can tolerate the diet and drink a caffeine free diet Pepsi occasionally. A 12 pack lasts me weeks instead of one day!

You know it is too bad God didn't give us this one time off switch that when we were finished having children we could just hit it, the periods etc would be over and that would be that! I guess we are to learn from all of this. I deal with it as best I can, but the one thing I am thankful for is I don't have mood swings. I occasionally get piqued at dh that is irrational, but not very often. We were talking about it the other night and he even said you don't go nuts like some of those women. I just have the physical symptoms so I don't get much sleep and last night was again one of those nights. I had 2 nightmares, aching legs, hot flashes and a night sweat! I gave up at 4:30 and got up and made some cinnamon rolls for dh for breakfast AND DIDN'T EAT A ONE! I had a lower fat bagel with low fat margarine and a banana for breakfast with my horsepills, citrucel and water!

Oh, just to warn the few of you who would be in the size range to wear stuff from Lane Bryants, Chadwicks (this is a smaller size catalogue), Roamans, Jessica London (all owned by Brylane). They are perpetuating what I consider a fraud on people by offering them a 90 day deferred payment plan then charging their credit card. If you don't have the cash on your card, no clothes. I sent every bit of mine back and told them I was never buying from them again because they did that sort of thing to people. Deferred means postpone so they shouldn't have to have the money up front, right? Please pass this around to others. We need to stand up against people trying to take advantage of us. I also sent them a blistering letter including the fact that they deceive women that are overweight and obese, by using size 6 and 8 models in their catalogues to get women to buy their products, knowing it would look horrible on someone a size 26. So, if you have friends that buy from these places, you might want to warn them and boycott. I sure am!

Julie: You snuck in while I was posting so I am going to put you at the bottom, but doesn't mean you are less important! YOU GET A: for points. That is wonderful. I have found two things I can do since losing, tie my shoes with my feet on the floor not propped up sideways on the bed and paint my toenails, though the right one is tough (I am left handed) but I think that is just left handedness not chubby bubby!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 08-07-2003 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:40 AM   #27  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Good morning girlies.

I am a little tired this morning, but feeling pretty good. I'm a little disgusted with how my body is looking, but I got a super nice compliment yesterday and that made me feel good. This girl I work with came up to me and was like "Missy you look really good! You can tell you've been working out!" It was just so nice because I am not really that close with her and for her to come out and say something, I thought was really sweet. Then I even convinced her to come to the gym with me and my workout buddy!

Anyway, not much else going on. Still got a case of the blahs...i'm hanging in for the end of the month to go on vaca to the OC lol with my parents (that's Ocean City, NJ...not Orange County).

I get 2 points yesterday for exercise and water...but...I didn't blow my plan by too much suprisingly!

Thanks everyone for the smiley faces...I just feel like I am in a killer funk and I don't know how to get out of it. Oh well, what can you do?

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. Faye that sucks about your shopping spree. I thoroughly agree with you on that stance! Deferred should be deferred! Grrr these crazy stores. But it might have been one of those "small print" kinda things. Good luck.

Hope you are all doing well... hugs to all!
Old 08-07-2003, 10:41 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning.. or almost afternoon

I got 2 pts yesterday for OP and thats it. I had a really blah day and didnt feel like doing much.

Pam.. They say it can take awhile to get a good hormone balance so I am trying to be patient. I have been on this pill for 2 weeks and beginning to notice some odd effects. I just wish my own natural hormones would kick in (I kept both ovaries) and then I wouldnt need these things. Due to my age its very difficult to do without them. I may need to change pills.. but all in all I am very glad I had my surgery and I can wear white any and every day of the year if I want!

Faye.. I know several people who buy from those places. I will give them a heads up asap. Thats really dirty to do what they are doing.

Julie.. glad your wrist is feeling better. Let us know how the new video works out.. I just love trying new methods of exercise!

Beledi... sorry I didnt wish you a happy birthday before.. I am in a perpetual fog!

Congrats to everyone on their points.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:30 AM   #29  

Missy: YOU GET A: for points! You are doing really well with the exercise. As for the clothes, I was not about to keep things when they are treating people that way. I am not a big radical, but I am when it comes to screwing with fat people! The only small print was that you couldn't use your visa checkcard or a debit card it had to be a credit card. Before I sent them a letter, I went and got the catalogue I had ordered from to see what it said. Anyway, I am just going to order some stuff later on from Land's End and places like that now that I am skinny enough to wear their stuff!

Debbie: YOU GET A: for points yesterday.

I don't know what this blah disease is that is going around, but we are going to have to do something about it!

I heard that good old Arnold S is going to go ahead and run for governor of Calf. I guess this Davis guy plays dirty when he campaigns and Arnold basically told him, "Bring it on, buddy, I can handle anything you throw at me." Hey, he has both sides covered, he is a conservative Republican married to an ultra liberal democrat with a BIG family name! Davis better watch out or the big A will just squish him like a bug!

Got the pool workout in but it tired me out today. Since I have got all the cleaning in done, I am just going to take it easy today unless I get a burst of energy then I will go out and sweep the deck again. Dang leaves won't stay on the trees! Climb up there and super glue em on! (ok, that should fix the blahs, guys, thinking about this big A#$ climbing up a tree gluing on leaves to the branches........)

Have fun today ladies and do something for you today!

Faye
Old 08-07-2003, 12:02 PM   #30  

Well Ladies, I feel like a kid in a candy store!!! Is it Christmas morning or what?? you know I mentioned my appt this afternoon with my dietician, and I was to have weighed in before hand...well I couldnt stand it so I just went and weighed in......I know I know discipline, patience and all those good virtues just flew right out the window!! but it gave me a definite boost....so, without further ado, I lost 5.1 lbs since 7/24 bringing my total to 24.6 feel like I am on that old

did my watp tape early this am, and have loads of energy, then I went to Walmart and did some shopping, fruit, and water, imagine that....but it is all working so will forge ahead.

will make replies later time for I lost it on Discovery Health Channel
Closed Thread