Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 09:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Well,

Back from WI. Up .4 so about what I expected. How appropo...the meeting was about what happens when you plateau.

The new WW plan, Flex Points, is supposed to be rolled out in four weeks. Sounds like tweaking although I did miss the first few minutes of the discussion about it.

The real is that mom just called and its raining down her way so no trip to the lake. We should have gone yesterday but the weather report was for 60% chance YESTERDAY and sunny today. We're desperate for rain, so can't about that. Now, I have to work around the house doing what I didn't do yesterday.

Have a great day!
Old 08-02-2003, 10:24 AM   #17  
Progress..not perfection

Wink While we're on the subject....

The first thing I saw on this thread was.....

Quote:
We actually have some chocolate in a jar that came with a paint brush......oops, that was probably too much information. I'm BAD!!!!
Then, the next thing that caught my attention was.....

Quote:
"our" famous TONY
So, of course my thoughts went immediately to....

Yes, I know I'm evil. What can I say though?

Sorry, I needed some inspiration this morning. I'm at work and am having a hard time getting going.

Lucky:
Quote:
Maybe get a big jar of that so Johnny can paint you, Kat and me - no wait. We will paint each other and Johnny can lick it off. Or whatever he wants to do.
That sounds like my Lucky! I love seeing you around here more often sweetpea.... Are you still loving your job?

Connie: I like "Gilbert Grape" but it is very depressing, don't you think? Thanks for commenting about my "cat attack". My leg is better, but still bruised. Emily is now outside. She used to always be outside, but we brought her in and now she is on "vacation". I found as long as I had her in, I got scared....so for now, we are spending time apart and I am ok with that.

Deb: I worry all the time about blood clots too. A friend's friend was overweight and died at only 33. (my age) He was fine one day and was dead the next. It is very very scary. I will definitely say a prayer for you. Take care of yourself sweetie. Also, I have looked to see if there could be anything underlying with Trey that makes him eat, but I honestly think he eats because he loves it. He is a pretty happy go lucky kid and not much bothers him. I don't push him too much on the issue, because I know how it feels. I always make SURE he knows I am concerned for his health. The words, "You have such a pretty face....if only you'd lose weight" constantly ring through my head from growing up with my Mom.

2cute: First off.....let me say: I MISS YOU! But I understand you are a really really busy woman these days, so I understand. BUT, the minute things settle down, I expect your butt back in here! That's an order! By the way, I am MAJORLY proud of you for all your efforts lately. I hope you know what an inspiration you are to me.

Joanne: I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with your DS here lately. If you don't mind, how old is he? My oldest is 15 right now and if I do say so myself, he is a pretty good kid. I mean, don't get me wrong...he has his days that he likes to "test the water" but for the most part, the biggest problem I have to worry about is him not mowing the yard when dh tells him too. LOL

Thin: We will try our best to "hold down the fort" while you're being a showgirl, but after all of your good ideas for activities....
Quote:
Not sure how many points in the chocolate. When I go upstairs I'll check. But I will tell you that what you spread it on has no calories and getting it back off again can actually help you lose weight
I'm not sure how many of us will actually have time to post!

Amanda: Your whole post just cracked me up. I, unfortunately....am not a very spontaneous person. (Of course, it's hard to be spontaneous when you have kids) It's hard enough to try to "get friendly" with dh when the kids are at the door saying, "Uh Mom....what is Dad making that noise?" I do see what you're saying though. Chocolate drying would be very distracting. LOL Having said that, I know you're having a hard time lately, but just remember....we ARE always here for you and this too shall pass. You will only get down if you let yourself. Keep your chin up kiddo.

Terri:
Quote:
I wish the WW scale had some way of measuring the change in body composition besides just total weight. That's a much better indicator of what we're accomplishing.
I have to say I agree with you on that. It would be nice to see what we're doing in inches too. Sometimes the scale is not kind even though we've been OP and it sure would be nice to see we lost in other ways other than in lbs. I think I'm going to have dh take my measurements this weekend.

Pam: You will actually laugh at my idea of giving myself some "self love." I found something decent to eat and vegged out in front of the tv and fell asleep on the couch. (something I never do) It was nice to be able to watch what I wanted to without the kids coming in and turning the channel on me. Sure didn't last long though... LOL

Barb: You have been such a busy little beaver here lately! I need you to head down to my part of the woods. I have a bathroom that definitely needs some work. We're about the lay tile in there and we're very excited. Well, at least I am.

Alright ladies....I have responded to everyone that has posted so far and I am beat! Hope everyone else has a wonderful day and I will try to pop back in later tonight.... I think I'm having company.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:27 AM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Got this recipe from our friend Syn this morning. Thought I would share:

Frozen Peanut Butter Cups
1 8oz tub FF Cool Whip
6 T peanut butter
2 T chocolate syrup

Thoroughly combine cool whip and peanut butter. Spoon into mini muffin tins. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Freeze

Makes 24
Notes: I love the Whipped Peanut Butter from Peter Pan! Its like eating air! LOL
I usually stick with natural foods, but that is good peanut butter! Another suggestion, for those interested, would be the Walden Farms Chocolate syrup. They are sugar free, calorie free, and carb free. Their products are excellent! Usually the have them in the store near the health foods. They make some great salad dressings too. But if you were to use a product like that in place of the syrup, you could REALLY haev a point free treat!!

Opps, didn't check the points on that chocolate for you guys. I'll be back later.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:09 PM   #19  
I'm on my way!

Good afternoon everyone!

Barb I'm here...lurking here and there inbetween getting this house put back together from having the new carpeting installed last weekend. I still have boxes to go through and I'm sure stuff to get rid of!!

I am so far behind in these threads that there is no catching up! But I do see we have quite a few new kids on the block! You sure picked a fine bunch of caring women to join you and support you on your journey to thin! So let me send you a belated Welcome!!

I am reading through this chocolate thing! Geeeesh! That is my downfall for some reason this week. I'm not a candy eater for the most part but have been craving chocolate all week long! You all can have the men just send me the chocolate!! One man is enough for me!!

Barb I am still planning to go to Delaware next Sunday if you are still on! Maybe we can meet for lunch or something? Just don't get me lost!! I can go anywhere and back in Rhode Island but I'm not familiar with Pennsylvania and Delaware just yet...I have been here 4 1/2 years and still manage to drive around in circles in my own town! I use to meet my sister-in-law for lunch at this strip mall or mall...I use to manage the little strip mall where the wawa is and the chinese restaurant and the liquor store on Naamans Rd. Well at the light just past that I took a left, can't remember the name of the road..but just down from that were several stores and restaurants...do you know where I'm talking about??? Lets make some solid plans...cause I will be up that way for sure!!!

Thin that recipe is perfect!! I am going to try it to see if I can get rid of this chocolate fix I have going!

Sorry not to respond individually to you all this time around but my little guy is running around and getting into stuff that he shouldn't be getting into...I have a feeling I am going to find sugar or oatmeal in the middle of the kitchen floor when I go out there!!

Anyways...have a great day!

TTFN Michelle
Old 08-02-2003, 02:29 PM   #20  

Geez, don't you people have anything to do except ? LOL!... Anyway, nice to see you all!

Geez, you all and your chocolate...you all baaaaaadddd...yes, Tina, esepcially YOU

Yesterday I mostly cleaned and got laundry done, then put the gas and electric bills in the mail. Last night, went to karaoke with Itchy and Scratchy...uhhh...Charlie and Dennis; but Charlie was being so goofy last night; he had the whole place cracking up imitating Brian when Bri was making an out of himself in my yard, singing "Aint Too Proud to Beg" (though I must admit Charlie did a better job singing wise). Needless to say, Charlie won the contest last night. Whoever said you can't have fun with gay guys never met these two!

Speaking of the devil, I got word this morning that BRIAN IS OUTTA DODGE! This after the "final phone call" to me (uh huh) with the "I'm sorry things turned out like this...I still love you, let's work it out after my probation is over........YEAH RIGHT! Some people still just don't get it... ! LOVE DOESN'T HURT!

I guess I didn't make a great impression on the dude Jason after all...I never got a call anyway. Oh well....NEXT!

Let's see...I can just hang out today in my shorts and T-shirt with the cat brats, since my housework is done. Tomorrow is the race of course, and I feel a Ryan Newman win coming on whoopin' Tony butt (Hi Tina ...I'm KIDDING!)

Don't mind me, y'all....I'm in one of my goofy moods today

Last edited by loranden; 08-02-2003 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:43 PM   #21  
a work in progress...

Oh my Lordy, that sounds good, Thin! I have all the ingredients too...I will report results! One question...is it necessary to use Pam spray in the muffin cups?

I have a main dish or a side dish recipe to share...Fried Cabbage. (sounds gross, but it was quite good, low carb, surprisingly low in fat too. I just polished off the leftovers for lunch!) I made this for dinner last night. It would have been fine alone (I think) but dh needs meat of some sort with his dinner...carnivore that he is...so I served it with grilled turkey kielbasa.

Fried Cabbage

3 slices of bacon
6 cups cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
½ cup onion, chopped
2 T water
pinch of white sugar(I used ½ packet of Equal)
salt and pepper to taste
1 T cider vinegar

1 Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon, and set aside.
2 Cook onion in the hot bacon grease until tender. Add cabbage, and stir in water, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook until cabbage wilts, about 15 minutes. Stir in bacon. Splash with vinegar before serving.

Servings Per Recipe: 6
amount per serving

Calories 48
Protein 2.3g
Total Fat 2.6g
Sodium 81mg
Cholesterol 4mg
Carbohydrates 4.5g
Fiber 2g

So get this...wonder of wonders, I EXERCISED TODAY!! I have the house to myself, so I popped in my "Beach Body in 90 Days" (heh heh...that's debatable) dvd. I did both the cardio/abs section AND the weight segment. I FEEL WONDERFUL! I know that once I did something, I would feel great...which makes me want to do more and more. Yay me!

Michelle, ma belle! Nice to see a post from you! How is the new job going? Don't worry about catching up here...just come and see us more often!

Tina...Images of Tony dipped in chocolate oughta get your motor runnin', huh? Yummy.

Terri...sometimes the rain is a blessing...you have no choice but to do the stuff that you put off on the nice days...and no guilt! That, and it waters the lawn! It's supposed to rain here too for the next four days.

Barb...Still OP? Keep thinking about the feeling of buttoning those jeans! Question: After the Pizza Hut fiasco, were your pants still buttoned? I thought so...you didn't do too much damage, I'm sure. A splurge once in a while is a necessity to keep you sane!

Pam...I love a big, tall fella like Kevin Costner too! ...and Bruce Willis, as a matter of fact...gotta love that smirk!
Johnny Depp is eye candy...wonderful to look at, but a bit delicate for my tastes!

Amanda...thanks for sharing about your "sticky" situation!

Joanne...I hope all turns out well with your son. That must be so hard on you and your dh. Take care.

Hi to everyone else...I thought this was going to be a quick post, I've been at this over an hour!

Have fun...it's the weekend!!
Old 08-02-2003, 03:56 PM   #22  
I'm on my way!

Hey Kat right after I posted I went to do the dishes and my mind was finally working and I thought...hey...Kat can come down here and we can drive down to delaware and meet Barb together! Are you game...this is on for next Sunday! Unless Barb can't make it then....are you game???

That fried cabbage sounds YUMMY to my TUMMY!

Lori who ever said you can't have fun with gay guys? My best friend in Rhode Island is gay and we always have a good time! I sure do miss him alot! I don't get to see too many friends when I go back to RI because its usally just for a weekend and not enough time!

Oh well...the boy just crawled in his bed to take a nap all on his own. I better get out of here before I wake him up!!

Gotta go catch up on the wash...thats a long story there...but I did get a brand new maytag washer that sold at Lowe's for $447 for $250! And my motto for the day "LOWE'S BLOWS"!!!

TTFN Michelle

Last edited by MichelleK; 08-02-2003 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:53 PM   #23  

Chocolate Sounds real tasty....hahaha for a different pace a friend told me to buy a cheap shower curtin, lay it over the bed and put peanut oil on it and you both roll around in it....etc....I think you can imagine. Seems to me I would be flying off the bed? Hahahaha...

The boy is home and he ended up having a great time a camp, just took a while to make friends I guess. He said he was glad I did not come get him any earlier.

We went shopping on the way home from camp and I got a new digital camera, so now let me learn all the ins and outs and I will post some pics. I took one of Evan to show you all, but it is rather large....so I gotta go fix that. And I think I have to go back to picture trail and start a new account on this computer? Then if I can remember how to get the pic's on here all will be great.

Hugs to you all,
Sandy
Old 08-02-2003, 05:27 PM   #24  

Attempting to put picture in here.

I did it!!! This is my oldest EVAN....he is 11 He is not advertizing that product.....lol its on tv just happens to be in the pic....

This is me last night....

Last edited by peekabooangel; 08-02-2003 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies!

Great pics, Sandy! Its always great to get to see a face with the post. Your son is so cute!

Well, ladies, you all are just too much to keep up with. I love it though. Better than checking everyday and seeing that no one had posted. I've been sort of productive and sort of a slug today. Allergies are bad so I have a slight headache. But we put up new towel racks in the master bath. Did some yard work. Ran a couple of errands; ate lunch at Sonic, , and tried to have a snooze. The dog kept panting heavily while I was trying to sleep and now that I'm awake, he's asleep on the floor. Now, I'm sorting through some stuff I've had packed away in plastic containers for more than a couple years. Its old house decor stuff and just isn't me anymore. I'm passing it on to Goodwill.

I got a call from a high school classmate today. Its time for our 25th Reunion. I've known about this for almost a year and had the goal of getting into better shape. That didn't happen. I am in better shape but not what I had wanted. Why do we do that to ourselves - want something and do little to achieve it? Its Labor Day weekend. Bad timing but I guess we'll go. We're kinda redneck. Most of the people still live in the surrounding small towns. Very few actually moved to the *gasp* "City". We're having something Friday night in a Country bar and Saturday is a hog roast at someone's farm. Should be interesting.

I better get some exercise in today and be back for chat.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:01 PM   #26  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
I just popped in for a quick check on things. I am so tired I can barely stand up. I've been working on my bedroom all day. The paint is finished!! Now it's onto the curtains and decorations! It's looking good.

Michelle & Kat - Next Sunday is Jeff's birthday and as much as I want to meet up with you two I would feel bad leaving him on "his" day. I will be in FL the following Sunday, but what about the 24nd? Would that work??? I hope we can figure something out!

I've got to go pass out in my bed. Oh - we still have to put the mattress back and make the bed....ugh!

Talk to you tomorrow!
Barb
Old 08-03-2003, 12:23 AM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

Just got in from being a 'showgirl'. We're counting American Wedding, but actually saw Gigli with Jennifer Lopez. I'm sorry to say it was a very strange movie. I'm disappointed. But then I guess you won't be surprised since I haven't had very good movie reviews this summer. Maybe we'll see something better tomorrow. There are a few coming up this fall that look real promising though.

Just had to stop in real quick and give you the stats on that chocolate in a jar (cuz I just know you're dying to find out ). It's 110 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving. That = 3 WW points per serving. Not bad!!! But get this, it says "serving size 1 piece". Ummmm I wonder what it means by '1 piece'????? You guys think about that one for awhile. I'm going to bed!

See ya later.

Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius." - Count de Buffon
Old 08-03-2003, 01:59 AM   #28  
Progress..not perfection

Thin: You are a mess girl! But I LOVE it!

Mainly popped in to say to Sandy though, thanks SO much for posting your pics! I am so glad to finally see what you look like. You look just like you sound....

I can't believe it's almost 2am and I am still not in the bed.

In four hours, I will be up 24 hours and I have got to get my butt in the bed. Just had to make those comments....

I'll be back tomorrow sometime!
Old 08-03-2003, 07:34 AM   #29  

Talking Hello Ladies!!!

Just a big hello from me to you! I've got a fairly busy day planned, and in addition to help me get more accomplished I am giving myself a computer time limit/restriction. Yep, I feel I'm spending too much time on the computer, and online in general. I all of you though, so you can be guaranteed I'll still check in here daily.

I made myself a yummy treat this morning, and it is fat free so I'm going to post it for those of you that are iced coffee fans.

Fat Free Iced Coffee Mocha

1/2 C. of Fat free Milk
12 oz. of Brewed Coffee
1 pkt. of Sweetener
1 t. chocolate Extract (Could use Vanilla, or other flavor too.)
Few ice cubes

Mix first four ingredients well then add the ice cubes. Yummy!!!
56 Cals 0g of Fat

I use the chocolate extract quite a bit for fat free guilt free chocolate fixes. Make quick chocolate milk with some of that, a sweetener pkt,and some fat free milk.

Well, I'm getting close to my time limit. I stayed very OP yesterday, and I plan to do the same today. Hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:48 AM   #30  

Hello gals, good Sunday morning,

So far so good, I am on on call today and no one has called in sick!! keep that I will actually have a Sunday off...a coworker calls in often, usually she calls in a day before or day after her 2 off days, hope it is not today.....she gets by with it is all I will say here, so she keeps doing it!!!

Going grocery shopping now, so I will check in with you all this afternoon!!

have a good one!
Closed Thread