Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 04:08 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#382

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 08-01-2003, 04:27 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Red face Good grief!

I can't believe I didn't post for one day and missed a whole dang thread! Good grief! You ladies have been talkative! Don't get me wrong though.... I love it!! I just hate it when I miss out on all the action!

I haven't read all the responses from the last thread yet, so I'm not going to post individual replies, but I will get to that as soon as I can.

Work was really busy today and I am so thankful to be home.

Friday is fun for me because dh is at work and Mom has the boys so I am all alone. I'm not sure if this is fun or not. At least it's quiet.

Qualifying for the race is on in a little while so I will be watching it, but I will definitely hop back in here later to do some catching up. I love you all and hope you're having a terrific night.

P.S. Thin, Thanks again my sweet sweet friend! I just love it!
Old 08-01-2003, 05:21 PM   #3  

Quote:
We actually have some chocolate in a jar that came with a paint brush......oops, that was probably too much information. I'm BAD!!!!
Thin, you just gave me an idea for my Christmas list this year!!!!

Maybe get a big jar of that so Johnny can paint you, Kat and me - no wait. We will paint each other and Johnny can lick it off. Or whatever he wants to do.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:24 PM   #4  

Johnny Depp in chocolate - oooooooohhhh - count me in!!! with Leo DeCaprio on the side. I've got to go see
"Pirates"; I haven't seen "Chocolat" yet. He is so cute in "Gilbert Grape".

Thin - chocolate with a brush ?????? - sounds interesting.

I'm at work so I've got to get busy. I've been reading but just not posting, just not a lot of time to spend in here when I'm at work, it's so easy to get behind.

Hope you all have a "Fun Friday".
Old 08-01-2003, 07:26 PM   #5  

Default I just remembered..................

Johnny and Leo were both in "Gilbert Grape".
Old 08-01-2003, 07:52 PM   #6  

Hi Chickies!

Went to the doc today for annual "check under the hood"....Man, I hate that. Little freaked out right now....doc is worried about blood clots. I had to get blood tests done but I shouldn't know anything until next week. Hate when they ask random questions and then order tests with no real comments. My grandmother died of a blood clot to the brain when she was 50...I'll be 33 next friday. I looked it up on WebMd and weight is a factor. It said that exercise and weight loss will limit the problem. I'm just worried as to how bad I might be...been having sudden headaches, chest pains, etc for a while now. If you get a chance say a prayer.

Okay, time to write posts back...been lurking and reading but not responding.

Tina: Been following your thread about your son. Great job! I think the open dialogue that you have with him will be the most beneficial. I have to keep reminding myself that I need to take care of myself and that I'm worth it. Most of all, I think kids need to learn that food shouldn't be used as a chaser to stuffing emotions. Mom took me to WW when I was 12...looking back I don't think I was that big. Mom just kept harping on it but she never really talked about what was causing me to eat, why I wouldn't go out and play, or why I was hiding. Sorry to sound like Dr. Phil, but I always think that being overweight is a symptom of a bigger problem. Did I go off on a tangent or what?

PkDreamer: Thanks for being so open about your life. It's a shame that you needed to make such a disclaimer (no offense to anyone, just referring to society in general) - that people just can't be accepted for who they are. For me, I say good for you to have someone in your life - that is a precious gift. Plus, you'll never get a deer in the headlights look when you ask, "Do I look good in this?"....that always would panic my ex...could almost see a Homer Simpsonlike brain bubble with the word "Duh!" in it. The man never understood when I wanted an honest answer and when I didn't

Thin: I LOVE All My Children!!! Today's episode rocked!

Lori: In the words of one of my 7th graders: "What a butthead!"....nuff said. Glad that you're okay and that he's outta Dodge. Bet you never thought your TOM would be a blessing in disguise.

Jen: Sounds like your doing great after the surg. Sorry to hear about the extended tour for your hubby. My ex got stuck in Korea for 18 months....was not good. And although I don't think many people say it to military families...thank you for your sacrifice. It's rough when their half way around the world. And think of it this way...nothing beats the "honeymoon" stage when they get back

Homebound and Peek: (((((Hugs)))) Hope that your babies are okay. Homebound, I pray he's safe and who knows? Maybe he'll have a reality check while he's "on the road" and appreciate the family he has.

2Cute: GREAT JOB on the exercise!!! Know what you mean about "hiding" due to your weight....good idea to break that habit. I do that a lot...start sentences with "When I've lost the weight...". Life is too short and I am so much more than what I weigh.

Barb: Didn't slipping into those jeans make you do your Lucky Me Dance? Last time I was on a diet I put on a pair of old jeans by mistake and was upset because they were so tight - thought I'd gained weight. Then I discovered they were 2 sizes smaller than the jeans I had been wearing....think my face hurt for a month because I was smiling so much. Hope to be cracking that smile again real soon

Well, think that's about it for now. Still smiling from the whole "Depp Double Dip"... Have a great weekend ladies! Thanks for listening to me vent. If today has done anything for me it's renewed my determination to succeed and definately killed any excuse that I might have for avoiding exercise.

Deb
Old 08-01-2003, 11:14 PM   #7  

Okay, I'm taking a short break at work and will post replies.

Thin - General Hospital is my soap; I wish they would hurry up and get Carly back home. But I do love the bad guy Alcazar.

Lori - sorry Brian didn't work out, but I'm glad he didn't get physical with you. You deserve better. Please don't settle for second best.

Jen - how terrible that your hubby will be gone for so long. Please don't feel guilty about your WLS and the weight you are losing, talk about it all you want. It encourages me when I hear about your success.

Homebound - I can't give any advice about your son and the situtation he's in as I don't have children of my own. Hope you all can work out the problem.

Natalie - what a nice idea; hope you had a wonderful night.

Sandy - hope you son is doing better with his camp experience.

2cute - you've got to be exhausted!! I know what you mean about isolation; sometimes I think people are staring at me like I'm a freak; I'm trying to get out of my shell too. Anyone that rejects us because of our weight is not worth out time. There are lots of other people who will love us unconditionally. Strut your stuff girl!!!

Mary - hope she enjoys her trip and doesn't suffocate in this humidity.

Pam in Alabam - I am also looking forward to Sept/Oct when the temp cools down and I can start some serious attempts at getting a walking program going. However, I do NOT look forward to winter; but we have a relatively short winter down here, it just seems like forever. Thanks for sharing your story, I know that took guts to do.

Thank you Susie for starting this thread

Deb - got my fingers crossed that your tests are okay.

Barb, Terri, Kat, Tina and anyone else I missed - Hey y'all!!!, hope you are having a "fun Friday". Tina honey I hope you are about over that nasty cat attack.

Amanda - get in here please. Don't make me send the after you.

Back to work - hope everybody has a great weekend.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:02 AM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys.... just a quick hello.

I am really feeling good.
I walked all over walmart in record speed and it felt good.
Three weeks ago I would be hunting for a chair to sit in... tonight... I was a female version of "our" famous TONY .

My granddaughter was in a music program at her church Music Camp tonight and she actually sang. LOL The last two programs she just stood there.. but then she was only 2 years old. She just turned 3 Thursday and she is singing and dancing on stage now. She is soooo cute.

I still am not ready for this house full of company in the morning... but I had to peek and read.
Only going to reply to Deb... my grandmother also died from a blood clot in her 50's and I am in my 50's NOW.
Inactivity does play a role... so get active !!!!
Overweight does too... so I am trying to lose.
My sister just got out of the hospital from a HUGE blood clot in her leg a week ago.
Take care of yourself.

Okay... back to work

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 08-02-2003 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:21 AM   #9  
Walking by faith

Smile Happy Anniversary 300 + !

Thanks so much for starting this thread!

Well, my DS's "road trip" ended up to be a pretty short road! The friend's mom who caught him driving recklessly is a cop! I told her who DS was with, and asked if she could check around. Seems like the kid who owns the car (for the road trip), is the son of one of her coworkers! He's the only one of the group who has access to a car-and he just lost it for 2 weeks! So my DS and his buddy "MM" are travelling around on foot. So now I know for sure who he's with and where he's staying. But he still hasn't called home . My DH and I discussed the situation, and I drew up a letter for him. Basically, if he doesn't smarten up, we may have to just show him the door. I don't even like to think about the possiblity-but he's headed for serious trouble in any case unless he cleans up his act.

Did anyone watch 20/20 tonite? They interviewed Wynonna Judd, and she talked about using food for comfort while she was on the road! maybe she needs to join us at 3FC! .
I'm glad I'm not the only one who stuffs herself when she's depressed. I've been on and off plan these last couple of days. Tomorrow I'm doing some serious grocery shopping-gonna get some healthy food in this house!

Thin: How many "points" do you think that chocolate is ?

Tina: Keep loving and supporting your son. I wish my mom had been able to separate my weight from who I was as a
person I'm sure it would have made a difference.

Andria: Where are you and how are you doing?

Good night everyone!
Old 08-02-2003, 01:23 AM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Homebound: Not sure how many points in the chocolate. When I go upstairs I'll check. But I will tell you that what you spread it on has no calories and getting it back off again can actually help you lose weight. Sounds like a good enough reason to use it, if you ask me!

I'm off to bed. Will have to catch up later. I'm a 'showgirl' this weekend so not sure when I'll be able to pop in. Everybody hold down the fort.

"A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains." - Dutch proverb
Old 08-02-2003, 03:29 AM   #11  

Thin is such a naughty, naughty girl
Old 08-02-2003, 04:34 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Okay, okay, don't Send the Posting Police

I'm still AWOL I guess. At least when it comes to being OP. It's that grocery shopping thing. I have to go do that this weekend. At least we finally made it to the end of the month.

I really am not much in the mood to post, but I just had to jump in on this chocolate thing. First off, not too long ago I decided hubby deserved a treat so I went to the store and got some chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Yes, it is what you are thinking. Now I'm here to report that it ain't all it's cracked up to be girls. First off I recommend laying down a plastic sheet before you get started because that stuff goes everywhere. Next, plan on taking a shower before you can, uhmmm....well complete the game let's just say. Because the chocolate that get's left behind after you are tired of licking it off dries on you and is very distracting. However, it was a nice change of pace, and we sure did laugh a lot.

Well, that is my 2 cents worth anyway.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I didn't make it back to to a catchup post. Not sure what I did yesterday but it wasn't all that I had envisioned. The day slipped away much too quickly.

I'm off to WI and I expect a maintain or even a small gain. I'm plateauing right now and its frustrating. My clothese feel better so I think I'm putting on some muscle with increase in exercise. Who knows. I wish the WW scale had some way of measuring the change in body composition besides just total weight. That's a much better indicator of what we're accomplishing. Oh well...

Then we're off to the lake for the day. Hope to be back for chat and not too tired. Have a great day ladies and don't blow your efforts on the weekend!
Old 08-02-2003, 08:11 AM   #14  

Girls, Girls, Girls,

All this talk about chocolate, forget Johnny Depp, my idea of Chocolate and a good time would be Kevin Costner or Bruce Willis, maybe Kevin Costner and Bruce Willis
Forget those little boys Johnny and Leo, bring on the real men!!Kevin is one of my all time favs, He is manly without being "too", and he is sensitive and a bit playful, loved him in Message In a Bottle, and Bruce well Bruce just seems to be the proverbial bad boy type, oh well, so much for the fantasy and the fun and games, guess I will just have to dream of a but I enjoyed your posts, you gals are real hoot!!

Homebound: Since I do not have children, I certainly cannot identify with what you are going through with your son, I can however empathisize, and I feel for you, I hope that it all works out for you.

Young Grasshopper: you will be in my thoughts.

Queen B hope you enjoyed your Friday alone time, hope you did something for you, a time for you and some "self love"

well girls, got to get moving, time to do the watp tape, yesterday I did 1.5 miles, my first day to "kick it up a notch", so better get out of this chair and hop to it, before my mind starts allowing those "ish" excuses to start creeping in...

later girls!
Old 08-02-2003, 09:02 AM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Gals ---
Oh, the chocolate dreams last night!

My fun Friday was spent painting till 10 pm. The room is starting to come together. I hope to have all the paint finished today. I am just waiting for Jeff to get his sleepy butt out of bed. I have no idea what time he came to bed last night, I was asleep the second my head hit the pillow. As soon as I am done here he will get his wake up call --- 3 dogs jumping into bed with him.

Guess what??? I am OP so far today!!! Yes, I know it's only 9am! However that's better than I seem to do most Saturdays. I have my food journal opened on my laptop staring me in the face as a little extra motivation. I ended up skipping dinner last night after the Pizza Hut fiasco yesterday.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday! Talk to you later!

Barb
Closed Thread