Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #31  

Height: 5'9"

I want to avoid heart disease, and diabetes, and reduce my risk of cancer.

However, I would loooove to wear a bikini on my next vacation and then bring the pics back to show everyone!

Also, I know this is terribly vain, but I am hiding under the "anonymity of the internet" when I say this- I want to spend a lot of money on skincare and anti-aging treatments(this has to wait until I get my new career, though). However, I want to have a fit body to go along with my rockin' new skin.

And the next time I see an ex, I want them to break their neck staring. Also, looking like one of the hippies would be nice. And the ultimate goal is to finally end my addiction and dependence on food and stop my disordered eating FOREVER!!!!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

1. I want to have a bath without creating a dam behind my ***
2. I want to look like ernestine shepherd when i'm her age or like even now
3. I want to get through all three levels of 30DS in one go without taking a rest (lol still on level one with rest breaks)
4. I want to wear jeans without looking awful
5. I want to be able to sit down without worrying about my tummy bulge or feeling the need to hide it with my handbag
6. I want to be able to walk around not always thinking about how huge my bum must look to other people
7. I want to go to a beach and wear shorts and a bikini top and not care about my stretch marks
8. I want to have babies and be a good example as a mother
9. I want to go to a crossfit class and boxing and kick *** (too terrified of it right now)
10. I want to be able to do a proper push up (my brother does them on one frickin finger and kills me as I'm still on girly push ups)
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #33  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

To be able to fit in to size 14 Jeans.
To be able to produce the best possible chance to get pregnant (i am mainly doing this to get fertility treatment)
To be able to look slimmer than i have ever looked in my life.
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:43 AM   #34  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Run 5km
Be an example to my kids especially for son who could benefit from healthier foods.
Wear women's clothes and not be tight.
Feel good, better health
Deal with depression
Feel lighter

Getting a taste of these and love it.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:14 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 222/124/?

To look hot in a formal gown mostly.
CrabNebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:13 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 212/149/140

Height: 5'7"

I love this thread. Lots of awesome goals here. Here are mine:
- Wear a tank top with confidence
- Fit into a single digit size for the first time in my life (stuck at size 10)
- Be a runner instead of a slow jogger who stops to walk a lot
- Rock a 2 piece bathing suit
- Start dating again
Veloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:10 AM   #37  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

My goals throughout have been:

- to outrun zombies
- to catch ice cream trucks
- and to be able to climb mountains
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #38  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

* I want to be able to walk into any clothes store and find something in my size

* I want to wear a bathing suit on the beach (possibly a bikini lol)

* I don't want to have to worry about being overweight ever again

* I want to be able to run miles and miles at a fast pace like I was able to do 35lbs ago
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

As my screen name says I wanna be healthy. To me that means get and keep by blood sugar and blood pressure under control. I would prefer get off the meds, but would be happy to cut back. I want to get my lipid lab work numbers in acceptable ranges.

At 68, I have outlived my father, who died at 60, my mother who died at 64, and both brothers who are also gone. I realize that no one lives forever, but I want to be able to be active and mobile for whatever years I have left.

I am beyond wanting to be thin, look good in a bathing suit etc. I accept the way I look and phooey on anyone who does not. I would be happy just to fit into the clothes that became too tight a year ago so I don't have to go out and spend more money on a bigger size.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I want to not get angry and bothered as it warms up each summer because I know I'll be uncomfortably hot wearing my long sleeves and layers.

I want to just put on a tank top and sneakers and not feel self-conscious!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #41  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I feel proud (and very lucky!) to have already reached several goals:

I've beaten my diabetes into remission. No meds!
I'm feeling strong and agile these days.
I can literally outrun my husband, when I used to struggle at keeping up with his walking.
I'm right on the border of fitting into regular, non-plus sized clothes.
Shopping for clothes is actually fun!
Being on my feet for hours and hours with no pain.
I feel much less self-conscious of my body.
I feel capable of pushing myself physically when it used to be not only uncomfortable, but scary.
A healthy pregnancy! I was blessed with a beautiful baby boy late last year after suffering through a miscarriage the previous year.
Being active and able to play with my son. Yes, he's still very little, but I don't want him to have the kind of childhood I did, with a mom that was too tired to do much of anything.

I have several more I'm working on:

Running my first 5k. I can already run over two miles so I'm getting there. And at one time I could barely walk across my own living room!
Not feeling self-conscious in short-sleeved/sleeveless shirts, although I imagine this will continue until I can have brachioplasty.
Having a waist smaller than my hips! Which is going to take a ton of work since I'm very much an apple.
Wearing jeans that won't have to cut into my waist in order to stay up (due to my apple shape).
Getting out of the obesity category. I do realize this is sort of a numbered/scale-related goal, but it's something I'm so close to now! I used to think it was utterly impossible for me.
Wear high-heels comfortably (is that even possible?).
Be picked up by my hubby.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:48 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 170/160/115

Height: 5'1"

I am not obese, just overweight, but even so, I've always been self-conscious with my body around boys. I never wanted a guy I was dating to see me without my shirt off because how could he find my body beautiful when my stomach was so fat? Would he be repulsed by it and not want me anymore?

It's that kind of thinking that's led to the demise of my relationships. My not feeling comfortable in my own skin and not being able to admit to them that I'm standoffish about intimacy because I'm self-conscious, and not because I'm disinterested.

My ex was akin to a Greek god. He looked like an Abercrombie model. Blonde hair, tan skin, a lean 6'0" frame with a six-pack, but it was his face that made me weak in the knees. But whenever we went out, I wondered that if anyone was judging him for being with me. I felt embarrassed so I rarely ever showed him affection when surrounded by people because I didn't want to risk anyone staring at us strangely. No one said anything about him and I being unsuited, but I felt like we were. My weight just plagues me with this sense of incompetence.

So, there it is. I want to feel self-confident. I want to be able to take off my clothes without feeling ashamed. I have high expectations for a partner, so I should have the same for myself. I want to be able to walk around with him, hand in hand, and not wonder if anyone is thinking, "What's a guy like that doing with a chubby girl?"

I think a lot of this stems from my father, who has always spoken unabashedly about the larger wives of his friends. Not to their faces, of course, but nonetheless, this and his jokes to my mother (who's only 20 pounds overweight!) about her weight have really gotten to me. I just have this feeling that no one could ever love me if I was fat. Ridiculous, because I have a pretty face and I've had plenty of guys interested in me over the years, but I've always blown it with my body issues...

Last edited by tardyfortheparty; 06-22-2014 at 05:55 AM.
tardyfortheparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:16 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 230/194.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I have really enjoyed reading this thread.

My "non-numbers-related" goals...a few off the top of my head:

Not worrying about breaking things (bed, chairs, etc.)
Not be in the plus size section in clothing stores.
Not have more than 1 chin in pictures.
Feel confident with my fiancé.
Improve my fertility - chances of conceiving.
Not have back fat!!
Run a 5K
Madison81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:20 AM   #44  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardyfortheparty View Post
I am not obese, just overweight, but even so, I've always been self-conscious with my body around boys. I never wanted a guy I was dating to see me without my shirt off because how could he find my body beautiful when my stomach was so fat? Would he be repulsed by it and not want me anymore?

It's that kind of thinking that's led to the demise of my relationships. My not feeling comfortable in my own skin and not being able to admit to them that I'm standoffish about intimacy because I'm self-conscious, and not because I'm disinterested.

My ex was akin to a Greek god. He looked like an Abercrombie model. Blonde hair, tan skin, a lean 6'0" frame with a six-pack, but it was his face that made me weak in the knees. But whenever we went out, I wondered that if anyone was judging him for being with me. I felt embarrassed so I rarely ever showed him affection when surrounded by people because I didn't want to risk anyone staring at us strangely. No one said anything about him and I being unsuited, but I felt like we were. My weight just plagues me with this sense of incompetence.

So, there it is. I want to feel self-confident. I want to be able to take off my clothes without feeling ashamed. I have high expectations for a partner, so I should have the same for myself. I want to be able to walk around with him, hand in hand, and not wonder if anyone is thinking, "What's a guy like that doing with a chubby girl?"

I think a lot of this stems from my father, who has always spoken unabashedly about the larger wives of his friends. Not to their faces, of course, but nonetheless, this and his jokes to my mother (who's only 20 pounds overweight!) about her weight have really gotten to me. I just have this feeling that no one could ever love me if I was fat. Ridiculous, because I have a pretty face and I've had plenty of guys interested in me over the years, but I've always blown it with my body issues...
Wow, I really appreciate you sharing this. Been there, done that and got the T-shirt. My husband looks like a Rock Star, and now that he is older, he just looks like an older rock star. But I just love him and he loves me too, but at times I thought maybe I should start a fan club for him and be the president.....

Last edited by FinallyFree; 06-24-2014 at 03:21 AM.
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #45  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

1) Get rid of my spare tire and be able to wear a body hugging dress
2) Do a split
3) Participate in a color run/5k/half-marathon
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote