Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 10:19 AM   #46  

Default WATP tape

Carri,

Walking Away The Pounds by Leslie Sansone, I got a pkg of three tapes each a mile long:at Walmart for about $27.00 dollars, called WATP for abs, and you get a resistance belt with it. if you cant use the belt it is still a good workout, and it is only about 15 mins actual walking and cooling down time! It tracks your progress and shows when you have reached 1/2 mile, etc. It is low impact, good for me especially since my body has started slowly coming back to life!! Today is the beginning of my 2nd wk. I think you will enjoy them. Many of the Ladies here talked about them, so thought I would give it a try. I am glad I did...it beats getting out in the heat....a/c feels goooood!

hope that helps, and you keep at it!
Old 07-14-2003, 10:27 AM   #47  
It is what it is...

Angry watp

Pam - I actually have those on DVD, I have the walk away the pounds 1,2, and 3 miles...I only used them for about a week because I got a treadmill but now I am thinking that I will switch off between the two, I did get the stretchy thing and I think that it does help with the arm toning which is what I need right now, and I especially need stomach toning but I guess sit ups is about all I can do for that, who knows...

Carri
Old 07-14-2003, 11:09 AM   #48  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Hey guys!

Pam - Just and FYI, I was researching the WATP for abs tapes and wanted to buy just the 2 mile one and the belt. I looked on ebay for it and read reviews on Amazon. They suggest reinforcing the straps that come out from the belt, as they are prone to breakage. Some said they used electrical tape just at the base to give them extra strength. I guess some people were just too strong!

As for points, I kinda forgot myself over the weekend. Had some McD's yesterday, some chicken salad on Sat., Ice cream sundaes, you name it. But...I get a point for hitting the gym for cardio for 25 minutes! I was thrilled that I managed to go so long! My friend and I got up early today to get to the gym by 7:45 and that was OK. Got all my leg workouts in plus 15 min of cardio, which I am disappointed with, but...oh well.

Sooo what else...Oh Faye! I LOVED Pirates of the Caribbean. I am addicted to Johnny Depp so as it is, but in this movie, he was just...phenomenal you could really tell he was having fun acting.

Anyway, my two guys? Yes, still two. Tho I had a knock-down/drag-out with #2 on Friday night. I'm getting to my wits end I think with him...I just need to get myselfa new job so I don't have to see him every day once we do break up. I can't handle that i think. I'm just not feeling very strong right now with my indepence.

I've also noticed lately that I need to make myself more conscious of what I'm eating. I think I'm gonna try fitday again, but like I said, I kept getting funky values from it, so I'm kinda like...should I? shouldn't I? And I don't know if I've lost any weight from my now WEEK at the gym. Yes, a week! But...I'm feeling a little better...so...that's all that matters!

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm chugging water as we speak so hopefully that will help me out a bit today!

Mwah!

Love,
Missy
Old 07-14-2003, 11:16 AM   #49  

Missy,

Hi, thanks for the tip about the belts. I am not using it right now, just doing movements without them, may try and incorporate the bands soon, belt doesnt fit yet!! but it will. maybe adjustable not sure, nonetheless, I AM NOT LETTING THAT STOP ME!

Got to get off of here and go do some house work..joy!! but at least I will be moving!!!

check in with you later girlies!
Old 07-14-2003, 12:13 PM   #50  

Looks like everyone came out to play while I was in the pool!

Missy: YOU GET A : for your point. You didn't say about water so if you got a point for water, let me know and I will change it! Did you like Chocolat? That was an unusual film but I liked it. Course who couldn't with all that candy and stuff! Judi Dench played a great cranky old lady in that. The only one I cannot and will not watch again is What's Eating Gilbert Grape? That is a heart wrenching movie and hits too close to home in some aspects.

Carri: Did you say you have WATP on dvd? I have a vcr in my bedroom, but the cables have disappeared and I haven't been anywhere to replace them yet and my DVD is downstairs. I would like something for backup when it rains and I can't get to the mall to walk either.

I should get going. I am sitting here eating breakfast (blackberry yogurt) and my bottle of water and need to get into the shower before my skin peels off from the clorine!

Talk later girls!

Faye
Old 07-14-2003, 12:23 PM   #51  
It is what it is...

Default watp on dvd

Faye, yeah they are on DVD and I bought them off of her website, you can order them right on line, it did not take very long to get them either...here is the site

http://www.lesliesansone.com/

Hi, everyone!

Carri
Old 07-14-2003, 01:25 PM   #52  

Good morning ladies

I wanted to say thank you for your welcome. I think you all are great and i enjoy reading your posts. I find weekends sometimes are hard.. hard in the eating ways and also sometimes hard to get on hear to post.. always busy. this weekend i had a wedding to go to and a bbq so i was way off my points and totally off program.. thats one thing i wish i could control.. it seems like if its way to much work to behave i sorta just say the heck with it but then after i feel guilty as heck... so today i started off good. Mondays are like a new beginning. I had my 5 point breakfast and went for a 30 min walk. right now im gonna go and do some painting. (im redo'n my daughters room) so i'll be back later. also ty for that site carri, i checked out the walking videos i think im gonna order one they look great.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:47 PM   #53  

OMG, I thought I had gone somewhere else on the web. I have to check this new stuff out when I get a sec. I actually had to sign in and that took forever, I almost forgot my password, had to try a couple different things...lol

I'm at work doing okay today. Water is so so....food is good so far and no time for exercise yet....

Just wanted to let you all know I was reading and I am around...

Hugs,
PEEK
Old 07-14-2003, 09:11 PM   #54  

DO NOT POST HERE, BUT COME SEE US AT #11
Closed Thread