Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 06:40 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #20

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #20

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL AUGUST 31ST. TO LOSE 10 LBS BY THEN.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:44 AM   #2  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and we are going to target our muscles and bones. No matter what your age, you need exercise, calcium and a variety of vitamins and minerals to keep your bones and muscles healthy. Please take this seriously and get plenty of exercise, take a multi vitamin and plenty of calcium so when your elder years hit you, you are physically fit and able to get around! You will be glad you did!

I GET A: for points and I am DETERMINED to keep this up! I really want to be into an 18 for my ds's wedding! I think I am going to start scouting out mother of the groom dresses!

Check back later chickies!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 08-19-2003 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:50 AM   #3  

I think everyone should take a look and cut and paste or download the thread that was started here on support regarding snacks under 100 cal. There is an awesome list! (thread title is 100 cal snack list)

I compiled it into one list as a word document. If you send me your e-mail, I will be glad to just e-mail the list so you can just print it out if you want it.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 08-19-2003 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:15 AM   #4  

Good Morning Girls,

pts for yesterday: 2pts for program, 1pt for exercise and 1pt for water.

Faye, congrats on your news, a daughter in law......wonderful!
now you will be even busier!!

Because this is a #20, I dont have my others to look back on and I cant recall who said what, too much info for this over 40 brain!!

guess, I will catch you later chickies!!
Old 08-19-2003, 08:29 AM   #5  

Good Morning everyone!
I did get all 4 points yesterday, but only because Faye said so I was chugging the water all the way home from dance class just to get it all in. Thanks for being such a great motivator, Faye! And congrats on the wedding......geez, what happens if after all these good wishes, she says no??

I got all the mirrors up and carpet laid in the garage, so it's now officially a gym! I finally have room enough to dance, which is good because I have a performance coming up on Labor Day weekend and I haven't started preparing a piece yet!!

Well, gotta go......talk to you all later.
Julie
Old 08-19-2003, 08:47 AM   #6  

Pam: YOU GET A: for points!

Julie: YOU GET A: for points!
I doubt that will happen Julie as they have already begun planning the wedding for next spring. He is just trying to get a little more money saved for the ring before he officially asks her.

so far we have a 100% on our challenge for a 4 point week! great going girls!

Faye
Old 08-19-2003, 08:48 AM   #7  
It is what it is...

Thumbs down Morning

Good Morning all ...

Faye congrats on the upcoming wedding of your son...so exciting, I know weddings can be a real motivator - dont lose too much you dont want to outshine the bride

I got all 4 points yesterday !!!!! I was OP, drank my water, and I walked the mall for like 30 mins straight, with my back being wierd walking is about all I can do, and even then it aches...but I got all 4 points, I am so excited...and being at the mall it was not easy to stay within my WW points, I so wanted the gourmet sugar cookie with icing an inch thick BUT did not have it, just sniffed as I walked by.....

I really hope I can stay OP all week and not give in to temptation like I ususally do...but with you girls pushing me and with Faye's challenge I know I can....I hate to be challenged and lose

I will check in later...
have a good morning everyone!
Old 08-19-2003, 09:03 AM   #8  

Carri: YOU GET A: for points!

WE ARE REALLY ON A ROLL NOW GIRLS! WE ARE GOING TO WIN OUR CHALLENGE THIS WEEK I JUST KNOW IT!

Faye
Old 08-19-2003, 09:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

hey chickies i am still lurking but have been without a puter and have finally goten on however there is work that needs to be done to it. catch up with everyone really soon.

sandy
Old 08-19-2003, 10:33 AM   #10  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

OK with everyone getting all 4 points so far, I'd feel REALLY bad if I didn't get all mine too!

But the good news is....4 POINTS FOR ME!!!
I was even under 1000 calories...not intended, it was just what filled me up really. Ahhh happiness is staying OP.

OK enough patting my own back. Thanks for the motivation faye, it is all because of you!

Faye! Congratulations on your son! I'm so happy to hear the great news!

Also, if you could forward me the list of under 100 cal snacks, I would greatly appreciate it. (I'm assuming the stuff you sent me yesterday was just a small part?

Today I'm having quesadillas for lunch! They work out to be about 360 calories, which is a little high...but quite tasty! I used fat free tortillas (2), then 1/4 cup of 2% cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of fat free cheddar and then about 1/2 a cup of Morningstar Veggie burger crumbles. I had them once already and they were good. With a little salsa on the side for dipping, how can I go wrong?

Breakfast was kinda blah, I usually eat egg beaters, but we were out, so I had 2 slices of toast with a little jelly.

Then I'm hitting the gym tonight. Going for another 4 point day!

Pam, Julie, Carri & Faye - GREAT GOING GIRLS! CONGRATS!

You now, all it takes is one OP day to make you feel dynamite!
Old 08-19-2003, 11:40 AM   #11  

Missy: YOU GET A: for points! Yeah for you!

WE HAVE 100% SO FAR TODAY GIRLS! KEEP IT GOING FOR TODAY, DON'T FALL BEHIND!

I did an hour and a half in the pool! I guess I am really really jazzed about my son! I think I will try to do an hour and a half about 2 times a week and stick to an hour the rest of the week. It is pretty tiring for these fat old bones to do an hour an a half especially an hour of the aerobics. My hips are mad at me right now!!!

You girls stay strong today!

Sandy/Gigglez: Glad to see you back, thought you had left us! Hope you can post again soon and we will bring you up to date as to what is new.

Faye
Old 08-19-2003, 12:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I got all 4 pts yday too!

Those quesadillas sound yummy, Missy!

Gosh everything here is so busy.. I just wanted to check in really quick. I'll be back in a bit when I can catch my breath!!

Old 08-19-2003, 12:40 PM   #13  

Debbie: YOU GET A: points!

WE ARE REALLY DOING IT GIRLS! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TODAY AND DON'T LET FOOD OVERPOWER YOU!

I met a girl on here today that lives just down the road near the Navy base! She and I are going to try and get together for lunch or something some time. Her dh is in the Navy or Marines. I have met more wonderful friends here long and short distance!

GIRLS!
Old 08-19-2003, 12:56 PM   #14  

Default 4 points !!

okay...I made it for yesterday! I too was chugging some water once I got home to get it all in I don't want to be the one dropping the ball This morning I walked 30 minutes with a girlfriend (including a hill we call "the crucible"!) and then another 15 minutes on the treadmill when I got back. I actually completed a mile in less than 15 minutes 14:07 to be exact whoo hooo! Drank my protein shake this morning, packed my healthy snacks for today... gonna get my 4 today
Faye : and best wishes on your son's happy news. What great motivation to stay OP and also just such happy family news. Thanks for being our (of the nicest kind of course) and keeping us all working towards our goal.
Missy...you might try the higher calories...just to see if it helps. The other thing that helped me cut my sugar cravings was to increase my protein intake a little bit. I know you are feeling stressed out and that NEVER helps us stay on track but we are pulling for you!
Time to get to work ladies. Have a great day!
shauna
Old 08-19-2003, 12:57 PM   #15  

Good Morning Again Girls,

Just checking in with all of you...I have been on program, and I have had my workout, no one did it with me, so I just did it by myself, my sister and neice are out mowing the lawn, so they are getting their exercise, but it is more fun to have a partner of two!
However, I am determined, so if It means go at it alone!!! I AM GOING TO DO IT, I AM GOING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!!

Faye, I am thrilled you found someone close to you from the forum...that will be a great boost for both of you.

Missy you are doing great girl...way to go

Sandy - gigglez!! great to have you back here....aren't these gals the best????

Honeyrose, Mirabelly and Satine, let's keep it up, we are motivated, we are strong, we are FANTASTIC!!!

will check in with you later friends, have a great afternoon

sw 356 June 5th
cw 331.4
next goal:lose 30 more lbs by 12/31
next goal:lose 50 lbs
final goal: 130ish
Closed Thread